2021 Advent Event - Help, Questions & Answers

Current Event: 🥚Easter Egg Hunt 🐇
Forum rules
Remember: This is not a trading board, so please don't post about pets you're trading!

Re: 2021 Advent Event - Help, Questions & Answers

Postby aerithstrelitzia » Thu Dec 16, 2021 1:34 am

I can't decide if I wanna keep what I get on Dec 18th or trade it...
wip
aerithstrelitzia

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby touyieparkes » Thu Dec 16, 2021 1:48 am

wolfykins wrote:Are true date pets and re-release pets the same value? Because I've been told by some people the true date pets are worth more and other people say they're worth exactly the same. Who's right? Thank you

most people for some reason will value a true date release more than a re-release, which personally i dont get why as its still the same pet just released via a different date but yes most value true's more but i personally (IN MY OPINION u may want a second opinion) would say since its the same pet its value should be the same no matter what the date on the pet is
I make many free OC adopts and breedings feel free to follow me to check them out
been a member for over 12 years
touyieparkes

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Lennie » Thu Dec 16, 2021 4:29 am

touyieparkes wrote:im actually quite curious here though when it mentions it makes older pets a little easier to "trade for" when they are being re released
i've been on here almost 11 years, while i have spent time during dec 18th going through the crazy auction spikes of people posting "NEW UR AUCTION, SUNBACK AUCTION, ZEBRA AUCTION" and so forth i dont personally see much of a trade difference, i dont believe it helps as much as stated as i myself from experience havnt seen many of these higher pets that have been re-released being easier to trade for as people still seem to keep their old value stating "its an old ex main list with high demand"
and people dont seem to budge on trading them for lower than their previous values (especially not a help to new players who still are trying to stock up on rares+ for YEARS to even get close to giving what people consider a "fair trade" for these pets)
*being that of a different story if its a new UR or always had high demand of course*

so how do staff out of my curiosity believe it to be helping trading for them a bit easier? as i myself dont find it to be people rather tend to auction them for higher than their value sometimes or what they were originally as an ex list worth, this in turn i noticed still doesnt help for more earlier players getting a hold of these pets unless by pure unboxing luck as they have nothing anyone will look at as a "fair offer" when they are new and it'll still make it years of hard work for them to even get close to trading for certain pets

As a preface, this is not an "official" response, but is instead based on my understanding from seeing the re-release process over the years!

The purpose of re-release is to continually put older, rarer pets back into circulation more than it is to change the trading value of the pets. The number of pets released is generally not enough to affect the value of the pet (as you've noted, with higher value pets still trading for high value), but it ensures that there are more of those outcomes generally available for trade. With many of the older pets having settled into "forever homes" on either active or now inactive accounts, if they were never reintroduced to the system, they would eventually become even more difficult to obtain.
    For reference, if older pets were never re-released, the trading environment for these outcomes would likely be more similar to the trading environment surrounding older store pets right now. ^^
wolfykins wrote:Are true date pets and re-release pets the same value? Because I've been told by some people the true date pets are worth more and other people say they're worth exactly the same. Who's right? Thank you

Technically, re-release pets are worth exactly the same as a true date pet. They are the same exact outcome - the only differences are the release date listed with the pet and the pet's ID number ^^
    However, there is a specific demand associated with true date pets for some users. This may be because a user is seeking a specific ID range for outcomes or may want the pet to sit in a specific order in their pet groups, etc. Whether or not you value a pet more highly for its "true date" is up to you and other trading users!
|x|x|x┌─────────────┐
|x|x|x|x|they / he | trades
|x|x|x||||||||||||||cs help
|x|x|x└─────────────┘
|x|x|||"the hunt is everything,
|xand the pack is always ready
"
Lennie
General Helper

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Sage Kat. » Thu Dec 16, 2021 4:30 am

Does everyone get one?
"We are all different, but there's something.."
[Sage] || [She/her] || [Furry]
I like art of all kinds!
I have an amazing dog named Cinnamon!
I love Warrior cats!!
I need more friends

"...Kind of fantastic about that, isn't there?"
Sage Kat.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Sage Kat. » Thu Dec 16, 2021 4:35 am

What if I share a laptop with someone?
"We are all different, but there's something.."
[Sage] || [She/her] || [Furry]
I like art of all kinds!
I have an amazing dog named Cinnamon!
I love Warrior cats!!
I need more friends

"...Kind of fantastic about that, isn't there?"
Sage Kat.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Yakffey » Thu Dec 16, 2021 4:59 am

When the FAQ says there's a system in place to prevent new players from adopting on the 18th, how new does it mean? I've been playing since August and some of my friends started in October, is that too new to adopt?
Yakffey

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby strawberry_dolly » Thu Dec 16, 2021 5:24 am

Ashie! wrote:Does everyone get one?
Ashie! wrote:What if I share a laptop with someone?

If you mean the rerelease pets, then yes! Everyone gets to adopt 3 rereleases on the 18th (although the pets you get are entirely up to chance - some people get lucky and get UR or ex-list pets, but everyone at least gets some rares and very rares!)
If you share a laptop, it should still be fine - each account can adopt the release, as with any other advent release! You just have to make sure to trade fairly so that one account is not massively benefitting another, otherwise that may seem suspicious!

Yakffey wrote:When the FAQ says there's a system in place to prevent new players from adopting on the 18th, how new does it mean? I've been playing since August and some of my friends started in October, is that too new to adopt?

The cutoff date isn't released to players, to prevent people taking advantage of it (for example, people creating a bunch of duplicate accounts right before the 'deadline', so I think you'll have to wait and see! But I think it's probably around a month or two before, based on what people have said in the past!
✿sweet lolita✿butterfly wolf enthusiast (31 to go)✿
✿they/them lesbian✿

x
Life really does need things to live
strawberry_dolly

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby touyieparkes » Thu Dec 16, 2021 6:48 am

oooh right now i get it Lennie thanks xD
I realise now how i was looking at it to the actual meaning of it (curse understandings with a disability sometimes xD !!! )
helps a lot as you've stated it in a very clear way for me to understand (had a few others years before i believe explain it but i couldnt understand a thing of what they ment from my disability and english but you worded it perfectly! )
I make many free OC adopts and breedings feel free to follow me to check them out
been a member for over 12 years
touyieparkes

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby wolfykins » Thu Dec 16, 2021 8:55 am

Thank You Lennie
Please do NOT bump my thread. Thanks
PLEASE do NOT offer me rats or chickens- I'm not interested in collecting those. Thank You ☺
wolfykins

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Shulk » Thu Dec 16, 2021 11:09 am

am i allowed to adopt??
Shulk