2023 Advent Event - Help, Questions & Answers

Current Event: 🥚Easter Egg Hunt 🐇
Forum rules
Remember: This is not a trading board, so please don't post about pets you're trading!

2023 Advent Event - Help, Questions & Answers

Postby Zeena » Thu Nov 30, 2023 8:38 pm

Please post here if you have questions about the event! Please see the FAQ below for common questions, and a section describing the December 18th re-release.

You can answer each other's questions if you know the answer, but if you're not sure then please leave it for someone else :)

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

FAQ

How does the advent calendar work?
    During the Advent Calendar there is a new gift available on our event page every day. All of the gifts are free and nothing else needs to be done to participate except log in each day and adopt that day's gift! This runs from Dec 1st to Dec 25th.

I missed a day of the advent calendar, is there a way I can still get it?
    No, advent calendar gifts are not made available again so if you missed a gift you will need to trade with other users for it. The only exception is the Dec 25th gift which will be available through the end of the month.

When is the next gift available?
    The advent calendar gift changes every day at rollover. Rollover refers to midnight site time. What time that is for you will depend on your time zone. You can see the current site time here. Rollover happens when the site time goes from 23:59:59 to 00:00:00.

How do Hanukkah releases work?
    Pets and items released for Hanukkah are on a separate page from the advent calendar. There will be an event button for it on the front page of the site right under the Advent button once the first Hanukkah release is available. Typically there will be a daily candle to collect for each day of Hanukkah, and new pets and items are sometimes released throughout Hanukkah so the page should be checked each day for anything new. Except for the daily candle, Hanukkah releases usually stay up throughout the remainder of the month.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Have you heard about December 18th on CS?

You might have heard people talking about "December 18th" and "re-releases". If you haven't participated in our Advent Calendar before then this may be new to you. It's just about time for the Dec 18th release, so please read this information so that you understand what it all means!

Each year on December 18th, we have an extra special gift in the advent calendar. The Dec 18th gift boxes are full of hundreds of different pets which have been released before over the past 13 years - many of these are rare and valuable. You will have the chance to adopt a few, but like all previous gifts, the pets you receive are randomly chosen.

Image Image Image

The December 18th giveaway's purpose is to bring all sorts of old and rare pets back into the active trading population so that they're a little less difficult to get in trades. That said, we don't want to dramatically lower their value, so we can't give everyone a Sunback or a Zebra otherwise those ultra rare pets would become worthless Very Commons overnight. If you are disappointed by what you receive on the 18th please don't feel sad, because even if you were a bit unlucky on the day, the re-release benefits everyone long-term by making trading for older rares slightly easier for everyone again.

ImageImportant Information Concerning Dec 18th Pets: Image

• You may not recognize the pets you receive, but there is a good chance that they will be valuable pets with a high trading value! They are not normal Advent pets and they will be worth much more than any other pets in the Advent Calendar.

• We recommend that you don't trade your pets away until you are sure you understand how much they are worth. You don't want to get ripped off by someone who offers you low-value pets for your new rares. There are older members who intentionally seek out new members and COPPA members on Dec 18th so they can try to rip them off with unfair trade offers. Please take your time and don't rush to accept any offers until you're sure that it feels like a good deal for you.

• You can ask for help identifying or valuing your Dec 18th pets in a special topic which will be created on Dec 18th.
    Here is the link to last years topic.

• If you're a COPPA player and can't post in the forum to ask about your pets, we recommend that you wait until your pets are fully grown before you trade them so that you can work out which outcomes you have and what their rarity is. You can also send a help ticket to get some help from General Helpers/Staff.

Image Why can't I adopt from the boxes on December 18th?

Because the 18th gives you the chance to get older pets, many people are tempted to cheat. To help keep the CS economy in order, Nick implemented a system that will stop new members from adopting from the boxes.

Nick wrote:The cheating isn't merely a theoretical possibility, it's a certainty. Look at the graph of number of people creating accounts from last Dec 18th:

[graph no longer works but showed a huge spike of people making accounts]

Chicken Smoothie suddenly becomes "extremely popular" at midnight, release time.

Because of the rarity of the pets being released today, cheating threatens to ruin the rarity of all the valuable pets in the game. This protection is in place to stop the Chicken Smoothie economy being destroyed. Having the game economy ruined by cheaters is no fun for anybody.

No cheating!

Creating extra accounts to get more Dec 18th pets is super obvious and easy to detect, so unless you want to get banned, it's better to play fair.
Please note:
It is considered cheating if you get family or friends to sign up so they can send you their Dec 18th pets. It's considered cheating if your friend doesn't play anymore but uses their old account to adopt pets for you. Don't make any extra accounts for yourself, and make sure that your trades are fair if you are trading with family and friends. Don't trade with inactive players. If an account is being used just so that person can adopt things for you, then that is cheating.

Trade fair, play fair, and stick to the rules.

Are store pets released during December 18th?

No, Store Pets are not included in December 18th. This is because the site admins feel it would be unfair to those who bought store pets with real money for them to later be re-released for free. Store pets were unintentional re-released once, but have never been in the box since that time. Please note that store pets are also not considered part of a complete collection on CS.

What does "Unreleased/UR" mean?

On the 18th of December 2008, 4 pets were released during the advent calendar. These were pets classed as "Unreleased" because they were pets made for Chicken Smoothie that were never released at any other time but on December 18th.
It has become a tradition and new 'unreleased' pets have also been released for every December 18th since!
There is a chance that one of the pets you will adopt is one of these. It is possible to adopt unreleased pets from any of the previous years as well as the current year though the December 18th re-release.

How do I get an "Unreleased/UR" pet and how rare are they?

The only time you can adopt an "Unreleased/UR" pet is on the 18th of December. There is a random chance that you might get one of these pets, out of several other hundred pets being released from the same box, and you are only allowed to adopt from each box once. This makes the "Unreleased/UR" pets Extremely Rare and OMG So Rare. They are highly sought after, and are very popular, making them quite difficult to trade for.

What do these "Unreleased/UR" pets look like?

You can find the full list in our Guide to Unreleased Pets and Zebras.
Here are some examples from previous years:
Image ImageImage
UR Purple Horse (2009) ----- UR Hollywing Dog (2013) ----- UR Cinnabun (2016)

Image Image Image
UR Fennec Fox (2017) ----- UR Galaxy Cat (2018) ----- UR S'more (2020)

Do you have more questions?

Just ask! =)

.....Need help?About Me
Zeena
Admin Assistant

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: 2023 Advent Event - Help, Questions & Answers

Postby Pallastronomy » Fri Dec 01, 2023 1:27 pm

Assuming the December 18th boxes are going to be tweaked to some degree bc of the new rarities, how is that process going to go exactly? Are the changes going to be announced/explained prior to the 18th or are we not going to know exact details until the day itself?
My TFO LabMy Magistream ScrollMy Protochroma Profile

ImageImageImageImageImage

ImageImageMeowdy!ImageImage
ImageImageYou can call me Azure, Celeste, Elijah, or Koshka, and I’m an artist, animator, writer, and government certified moron. Feel free to drop in and say hi! I don't bite!ImageImage

Signature decor by Martith, Crasty-For-Life, King-Lulu-Deer, mairu-doggy, stardust-palace, RenIrako, Drawn-Mario, and peachkonpeito on DeviantArt! Go check em' out!
Pallastronomy

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Celozon » Sun Dec 03, 2023 8:15 am

Pallastronomy wrote:Assuming the December 18th boxes are going to be tweaked to some degree bc of the new rarities, how is that process going to go exactly? Are the changes going to be announced/explained prior to the 18th or are we not going to know exact details until the day itself?

No information about the changes have been announced yet, its possible we won't know till the day of. I imagine it will be mostly the same as previous years, just with what rarities we get from the boxes tweaked a bit.

If we do get an update on it from the admins we can edit the front page of this thread to describe what the changes will be.
ImageImage
Celozon
Global Moderator

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby lulla‌‌‌‌ ❀ » Sun Dec 03, 2023 2:09 pm

If you’ve missed a day (or a few days) of the advent is there a possibility to adopt the missing days again at the end of the event?

I know it’s only been 2 days since the event started but I’m in a different timezone from the server that makes me a day ahead so sometimes I’ll forgot to login ^^;
i like rhythm games &
visual novels a little too much,
sweet tea enthusiast.
[ eng / 한 / 中文 ]
arttrade

lulla‌‌‌‌ ❀

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Celozon » Sun Dec 03, 2023 3:04 pm

lulla‌‌‌‌ ❀ wrote:If you’ve missed a day (or a few days) of the advent is there a possibility to adopt the missing days again at the end of the event?

I know it’s only been 2 days since the event started but I’m in a different timezone from the server that makes me a day ahead so sometimes I’ll forgot to login ^^;

Unfortunately no, there is no way to get previous days after the trade-in switches. You'd have to trade with other users if you want them. If you haven't already I'd suggest finding out what time rollover is in your timezone to help keep track of it (or even set a timer 10-20 min before rollover if you are usually able to be online at that time, so it can remind you if you do happen to forget)
ImageImage
Celozon
Global Moderator

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

2023 Advent & Hanukkah Event - Outcomes

Postby Noavix420 » Tue Dec 05, 2023 12:10 pm

Dogian wrote:Day 3:
From Image

mine didnt age up ? is there more than one look for this certain pup? or is it a glitch for mine?
“A day without a friend is like a pot without a single drop of honey left inside.”
—Winnie the Pooh
Noavix420

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: 2023 Advent & Hanukkah Event - Outcomes

Postby cordyceps_ » Tue Dec 05, 2023 12:12 pm

Noavix420 wrote:
Dogian wrote:Day 3:
From Image

mine didnt age up ? is there more than one look for this certain pup? or is it a glitch for mine?

Mine all aged- seems yours were adopted 40min past rollover so they should age ~30min from now
cordyceps_

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby oniaano » Thu Dec 07, 2023 5:36 am

hi , i wasn't sure where to post this but it appears the URL for vampiric's advent art gallery is broken !

Nahahaha ! You really are
    something else , kiddo !

┌─────────┐

hi ! my name is onion :-3
    ★ adult ★ they / it ★
    aromantic bi sillyguy

└─────────┘
    code credit
    oniaano

My pets
    My items
    My wishlist
    My gallery
    My scenes
    My dressups
    Trade with me

Postby Zeena » Fri Dec 15, 2023 7:40 pm

oniaano wrote:hi , i wasn't sure where to post this but it appears the URL for vampiric's advent art gallery is broken !

Thanks for letting us know! It looks like imgur didn't like hosting those images for some reason so we're working on hosting them a different way and will update the topic once that's done! :)

.....Need help?About Me
    Zeena
    Admin Assistant

My pets
    My items
    My wishlist
    My gallery
    My scenes
    My dressups
    Trade with me

Postby King Scotty » Mon Dec 18, 2023 12:22 pm

where do we post Dec18 trades?

in the event trading thread? or somewhere else?

:?: :?: :?:
    TEAM JEMIMA
    Green Smoothie Cabin!
    King Scotty

My pets
    My items
    My wishlist
    My gallery
    My scenes
    My dressups
    Trade with me