DELETE PLS

Discuss your favorite websites, or advertise your own website/forum here

DELETE PLS

Postby deerteeth. » Mon May 20, 2024 4:47 am

CLOSE
Last edited by deerteeth. on Sun May 26, 2024 9:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
deerteeth.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Flight Rising help?

Postby deerteeth. » Mon May 20, 2024 5:57 am

deerteeth. wrote:Hi, I'm trying to get into starting FR. It's super pretty and I love allllll the dragons. As most sites like this, I assume there's a certain type of dragon or marking that is very popular and sells for a lot!

I'm posting this here because my one on their forums hasn't got any comments and I am still learning how to navigate the forum. I'm sooo confused with the navigation haha.

I'll sum this up:

questions:

1. What is the current economy like ? ( What sells a lot, what doesn't with dragons and items )

2. What do all the items do..? I have gathered, hunted, and fished before but I have no idea how to use those or what to do with them?

3. Buying dragons from the auction house, what to look out for? Lookout as in if there is a random fodder dragon posted that's worth a lot (guess that ties into question 1,) or if there is a dragon posted for a lot but isn't worth that much? I'd like to know what kinds.

4. Guides: I have read some guides on the game itself but on the FR forum and its hard to navigate still. Are there any on CS?

5. Any tips or tricks for a newbie?

Oh! also adding I REALLY like rosette dragons I'm seeing (I guess from my lioden days xD) but are they worth a lot or anything ? :)

Check out my C$ Shop

I am collecting all deer and making a giant deer hoard! Feel free to trade me bulk deer!
I am also collecting all staff and helper pets! The ones I need are on my WL!

deerteeth.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby deerteeth. » Mon May 20, 2024 7:40 am

deerteeth. wrote:Hi, I'm trying to get into starting FR. It's super pretty and I love allllll the dragons. As most sites like this, I assume there's a certain type of dragon or marking that is very popular and sells for a lot!

I'm posting this here because my one on their forums hasn't got any comments and I am still learning how to navigate the forum. I'm sooo confused with the navigation haha.

I'll sum this up:

questions:

1. What is the current economy like ? ( What sells a lot, what doesn't with dragons and items )

2. What do all the items do..? I have gathered, hunted, and fished before but I have no idea how to use those or what to do with them?

3. Buying dragons from the auction house, what to look out for? Lookout as in if there is a random fodder dragon posted that's worth a lot (guess that ties into question 1,) or if there is a dragon posted for a lot but isn't worth that much? I'd like to know what kinds.

4. Guides: I have read some guides on the game itself but on the FR forum and its hard to navigate still. Are there any on CS?

Oh! also adding I REALLY like rosette dragons I'm seeing (I guess from my lioden days xD) but are they worth a lot or anything ? :)

Check out my C$ Shop

I am collecting all deer and making a giant deer hoard! Feel free to trade me bulk deer!

deerteeth.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Fireworks » Mon May 20, 2024 9:11 am

hi!! ive been on FR since 2013, heres my best attempt at answering your questions! i'm not super actively involved in the community side of the site anymore so there may be a few things that i dont know about either, but i hope this helps you find a starting place!

Flightrising has definitely faced Pet Site Economy :tm: over time, so dragons don't typically sell for a lot anymore unless a few specific conditions have been met:
1) Generation 1 Dragons - (Hatched from scavenged or event eggs, these dragons don't have any parents listed in their lineage) if they have a pretty color combination or are XXX, XXY, XYY (These letters represent the pattern of the primary, secondary, and tertiary colors. An example of an XXY dragon would be orca/orca/antique - the first two colors are the same and the last color is different) they will likely sell for more. Unhatched dragon eggs tend to sell for more than most G1 dragons, though.
2) Old dragons - Dragons that are older tend to sell for more, and dragons that are older have less digits in their ID number. For example, my custom progenitor dragon has an ID of 111850, which is only 6 digits. 6 or 7 digit dragons are considered very valuable and have a specific market of collectors for them, though you may have better luck selling them on the forums than the auction house
3) Dragons with newly released genes or breeds - This one's self explanatory, you can see which releases are newer by looking through the latest news!
4) Particularly unique or pretty color schemes - This doesn't matter AS much any more, especially if you try to sell through the auction house more than the forums. You will find "hatcheries" on the forums who sell very pretty and often themed dragons for a much higher price, but it's a lot of effort / organization / marketing that goes into a successful hatchery. Having genes other than "basic" in the primary, secondary, and tertiary spots also helps with the value but those genes also should work well together

Things like dragon breed used to matter a LOT more (Ex: Imperial dragons used to sell for a hefty price!), but since there's just SO many dragons on the website now a lot of traits have been devalued due to supply being way higher than demand.

The good news is you can get very beautiful dragons for very cheap! But trying to make your primary income selling dragons is tough; If you really like playing the website economics game then getting into selling dragons is definitely for you. Otherwise, there are some other ways to make money that I'll talk more about later.

For items, older and limited time items (such as the Elemental Festival items) have a lot more value. There are also valuable materials that you'll learn about over time.

The items are probably one of the hardest things to learn in the game, just because there's so many of them and it's mostly something you'll figure out over time. First and foremost I recommend looking up items on the Game Database if you have any questions on where you got it from or what it's used for!

Here's some general information on what the bars below some items mean:

If there is a yellow bar with a scroll under the item (when looking at your hoard), it means the item can be used for your Hibernal Den. The Hibernal Den is basically extra "storage", and your dragons don't lose energy in there. You have to unlock slots by completing mini-quests and delivering items AND/OR by purchasing them with gems. If you're not concerned with having a ton of storage space, you probably don't need to worry about it. However, if you're interested in selling these items Hibernal Den quest items (with the yellow bar) tend to be worth more, so consider selling them on the Auction House instead of selling through your hoard!

(When dealing with your hibden or even just your regular lair, as a general fyi SLOTS allow for more dragons, TABS allow for more organization of dragons - some players get these confused and think tabs will give them more space!)

If there is a purple bar under the item, it's a Swipp material: You can trade these in for items at Swipp's Swap Stand, which is a rotating stock of item trade-ins. Swipp materials and swipp trade items tend to be more valuable, and the materials for all the current Swipp trades will be in high demand on the auction house if you have the energy to keep up with that (I certainly don't xD but it is an option!)

If there is a green bar under the item, it's a Baldwin material. This means it gets used in a recipe for alchemy, which is a separate passive skill you can level by transmuting items and making new items from recipes. Baldwin can be very profitable, but it was added when I was taking a break from the game so I don't know as much about it

TL;DR for items - If an item has a colored bar underneath it when you're looking at your hoard, you should probably save it or figure out what it does specifically and sell it on the auction house. For all regular items, feel free to "hoard sell" (Selling straight from your hoard instead of the AH), transmute at baldwin, or convert it to food points for your dragons if it's food.

Apparel is always fairly sought after, but some apparel is worth more than others - Consider using the auction house or looking up how to get the item on the database before transmuting or selling apparel if you don't want to use it on your own dragons.

Unless you want to make your income selling dragons, just look out for whatever dragons you like the most! :] Ideally try to find dragons that are cheaper (you can get some VERY pretty fodder dragons). You can search for color and gene combinations that you find pretty on the auction house to compare prices with similar dragons. GENERALLY unless you just really love a specific color combination or don't really care about the money side of the game, for most dragons you should avoid "Gene projects" AKA buying gene and breed change scrolls to customize your dragon with. The scrolls are expensive, so most people wait until they have a pretty G1 dragon they want to customize. You'll basically never get the money you put into a dragon with gene scrolls back, whether you're trying to make a G1 dragon more valuable or if you're trying to make a pretty breeding pair to sell the hatchlings of, so it's good to keep that in mind.

Of course, it's all just a game so you should do whatever you find the most fun! I've used gene and breed change scrolls on dragons that are very low value just because I love them and wanted to make them prettier LOL, even if I could almost certainly find an identical dragon that already has the genes for much cheaper it doesn't really matter to me.

I'm not sure if there are any guides on CS unfortunately! here's some guides that may help you either now or later on:

Coliseum Leveling Guide
Alchemy Guide
Glimmer and Gloom guide
Exalt Payout Guide

I know the guides section of the forum can be overwhelming, but if you're interested in looking through it I'd keep an eye out for guides with keywords like "fairgrounds", "coliseum", "elemental currency", "festival", etc just to see what you can learn!

Aside from gene scrolls, generally the marketplace is more expensive than just searching for the item on the auction house. Try to save it as a last resort, especially for apparel and familiars which are often possible to obtain for cheap or for free elsewhere

Glimmer and gloom is a super fast way to hit the 75k treasure fairgrounds cap, there are many different guides for how to solve it on hard mode (which is the most efficient). I can get an easy 75k treasure a day just by spending ~20 minutes on glimmer and gloom! I recommend learning about and trying all the fairgrounds games just to see if there's one you're very fast at. If you feel up for hitting the 75k max at the fairgrounds every day, you can get around 2 million treasure in a month!

Coliseum is one of the biggest ways to make money (either by exalting dragons, or just selling the item and familiar drops you get), consider making a team of dragons to level through the game with if you find it fun!

During festivals, if you go to Joxar's spare inventory there is an item you can get for 80,000 treasure called a Spare Inventory Crate. You can only get one per festival, and they have a chance of dropping some incredibly rare old festival items that are normally limited; If anyone offers to buy your crate for 80,000 treasure don't let them - it's a scam that some older players try to do on newer players who don't realize the value of the spare inventory crate

Not in particular! They are very pretty though, I agree ^_^ If you want, you can open the auction house and just search for rosette dragons by going to the secondary gene (modern) dropdown and selecting it! You can select multiple filter parameters at a time, so you can also add all ancient breeds that have rosette on them as well (I recommend typing rosette in the search bar for the ancients so you're less overwhelmed by scrolling through all the options)

In general, try to practice with the auction house dragon search engine! It's a little intimidating (When they first made it really fancy with a bunch of options I was SUPER overwhelmed LOL, I imagine it might be a lot for a new player) but once you get the hang of it and what you're looking for you can find a lot of dragons you'll like! Messing around on Predict Morphology will help you get familiar with all the genes and colors, and maybe even find a color combination you want to try for!
Fireworks

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby deerteeth. » Mon May 20, 2024 9:39 am

@Fireworks

Thank you so much! This helps A LOT and explains so much! I really do appreciate it. IF you dont mind, I have some other questions now that I understand a bit more?
Anyone else can answer these too if they have an answer!

1. What does XXX, XXY, XYY mean /exactly/
" if they have a pretty color combination or are XXX, XXY, XYY (These letters represent the pattern of the primary, secondary, and tertiary colors. An example of an XXY dragon would be orca/orca/antique - the first two colors are the same and the last color is different) they will likely sell for more. Unhatched dragon eggs tend to sell for more than most G1 dragons, though. "

If I understand correctly, XXX dragons will have all of the same colors or does it mean "Basic, Basic, Basic" (for example looking at this dragon https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/81536899

Then this dragon: https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/80269395
Has all three different? Brick, Crimson, Cream, or Ragged, Skeletal, and Mottle (Which are all considered Banescale, so would that be considered XXX since all banescale?)

Hope that makes sense! xD

2. Is there any benefit of using your Flights AH rather than the world-wide AH? I've noticed mostly just plague dragons (since plague flight rn) and nothing really else, but i can see plague dragons as well in world-wide AH.

3. So I noticed in the AH there are first-gen dragons that are hatchlings (like 1-5 days usually) are they worth buying since they are a gen-1 or only worth buying if they are pretty?

4. Stats. Can I find dragons on the AH with really good specific stats? Most dragons I am seeing are all Level 1's with basic stats. I assume people usually dont sell their leveled up dragons?

5.The World Map, is there a purpose other than learning areas about the main map that ties into the lore? I was looking at it and it doesn't look like I can "go" to those places, more that they just tell about it.

6. The Grand Exchange. I am assuming its event-related or something? Right now it talks about Spring and stuff and has certain items for Spring specifically. I am assuming its an event?

Thank you for the help!!! <3

Check out my C$ Shop

deerteeth.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Fireworks » Mon May 20, 2024 10:16 am

anytime!! :] to answer your other questions:

1. What does XXX, XXY, XYY mean /exactly/
" if they have a pretty color combination or are XXX, XXY, XYY (These letters represent the pattern of the primary, secondary, and tertiary colors. An example of an XXY dragon would be orca/orca/antique - the first two colors are the same and the last color is different) they will likely sell for more. Unhatched dragon eggs tend to sell for more than most G1 dragons, though. "

If I understand correctly, XXX dragons will have all of the same colors or does it mean "Basic, Basic, Basic" (for example looking at this dragon https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/81536899

Then this dragon: https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/80269395
Has all three different? Brick, Crimson, Cream, or Ragged, Skeletal, and Mottle (Which are all considered Banescale, so would that be considered XXX since all banescale?)

You had the right idea with all 3 of the same colors being XXX!

Both of the dragons you sent are considered XYZ (No duplicate colors in the primary, secondary, and tertiary slot). This format is for color patterns, not genes!
Genes are patterns and traits of a dragon that affect how that color is expressed (Or if it's expressed at all - The tertiary color will not show unless the dragon has a tertiary gene other than basic). I hope that helps clear it up a little! Lmk if you're still not sure what I mean by that tho

The site terminology used for genes is typically either the gene names themselves (Ex: "starcon" meaning a dragon that has the genes Starmap and Constellation), or "single/double/triple gened" to refer to how many of the dragon's 3 possible gene slots are not basic (This doesn't get used as much anymore, since the presence of non-basic genes are so standard compared to what it used to be like on the website that it doesn't affect the value much). If it's a single gene'd dragon, it means it has one gene other than basic, and the other slots are all basic. Although basically is Technically a gene type, when someone is referring to whether or not the dragon has genes, they mean any gene other than basic.

2. Is there any benefit of using your Flights AH rather than the world-wide AH? I've noticed mostly just plague dragons (since plague flight rn) and nothing really else, but i can see plague dragons as well in world-wide AH.

If your flight is doing a push for Dominance next week, then you'll likely see exalt fodder dragons being sold on the flight-specific AH for cheaper! There may also be other friendly discounts from other players wanting to help members of their own flight. Otherwise, not really! I tend to just look at the world-wide AH.

3. So I noticed in the AH there are first-gen dragons that are hatchlings (like 1-5 days usually) are they worth buying since they are a gen-1 or only worth buying if they are pretty?

Only worth buying if they're pretty or if you just happen to like em! Being G1 doesn't inherently make the value go up, as there are so many people hatching scavenged dragon eggs and such that there are a LOT of G1 dragons as well, just not as many as dragons with parents! Plenty of G1 dragons get used for exalting as well; Being G1 is just one of many factors that will influence the value of a dragon.

4. Stats. Can I find dragons on the AH with really good specific stats? Most dragons I am seeing are all Level 1's with basic stats. I assume people usually dont sell their leveled up dragons?

You CAN buy pre-leveled dragons, but typically they are sold on the forums and not the AH! They also go for a lot more. Personally I recommend first making your own leveling team of 3 dragons and going through the different coliseum venues! That way you get a better feel for how the coliseum works, and also can get some good drops along the way. There is an item called a Tincture of Dissolution that will let you reset any leveled dragons stat points, so you don't have to worry too much about where you put your stats while you're leveling. But if you want to be efficient :tm: then most leveling guides will say where to allocate your stats as you level up!

5.The World Map, is there a purpose other than learning areas about the main map that ties into the lore? I was looking at it and it doesn't look like I can "go" to those places, more that they just tell about it.

Mostly just lore, yeah! As you expand your lair's slots, you can unlock places in your elemental area that your flight lives in. The places on the world map just let you learn more about those places (You can change your lair's "location" within your elemental region at any time! It's all just for lore and ~Flavor~ though). I'm in shadow flight, for example, and my lair is in the foxfire bramble

6. The Grand Exchange. I am assuming its event-related or something? Right now it talks about Spring and stuff and has certain items for Spring specifically. I am assuming its an event?

Mostly, yup! There is a big elemental festival on different months for each of the 11 flights, where you can earn special event currency. Joxar is the NPC that handles the elemental festival currency exchanges, and his shop will be open during these elemental festivals! The next one coming up is Greenskeeper Gathering, the festival for nature flight. Your flight (plague)'s festival is the Riot of Rot, which happens in late october!

There are also "micro-holidays" (Holidays that aren't the big elemental festivals) that sometimes have their shops open for a few days to a week. Susie's Sweet Sentiments is one of these shops, it opens around valentine's day.
Night of the Nocturne takes place in December (where there are no elemental holidays), and it's basically just as big as the elemental festivals because there's so many cool item drops! Higgins Haunted Hollow is the grand exchange shop for it

The 3 open shops right now (achievement, seasonal sundries, and glass/gloss genuine genes) are open year round, but seasonal sundries inventory changes by the season as you mightve guessed. glass/gloss's genuine genes are to exchange modern gene scrolls for ancient breed scrolls of the same type. ancient breeds are different from modern breeds and they have a little rocky "A" symbol next to them. they have special genes unique to them which look very impressive, but they can't wear apparel or use regular gene scrolls. a modern breed gene scroll is generally considered more valuable than an ancient breed gene scroll because it can be used on multiple breeds of dragon as opposed to being restricted to 1 ancient breed. ancient breeds have some "parallel" genes to modern dragon breeds (such as rosette!), so glass and gloss let you convert that modern breed scroll (ex: rosette) to an ancient-breed specific "parallel" gene scroll (ex: rosette (aberration)). with ancient breeds, their genes are always specified with the breed name next to it. your banescale is an ancient breed, so that's why there's (banescale) in parentheses next to each one of your banescale's genes

i hope this isnt too confusing, the site has so many features added throughout the years it can be a little intimidating for new players just joining xD either way, i hope you enjoy flight rising! here's my profile if you want to be friends on there ^_^ : https://www1.flightrising.com/lair/20771
Fireworks

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby deerteeth. » Mon May 20, 2024 11:38 am

Tysm!! I added you.

This helped a lot, it was way easier to understand than guides idk why xD Thank you!!!

Check out my C$ Shop

deerteeth.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Fireworks » Mon May 20, 2024 3:23 pm

im so glad it helped!! :D the guides can be pretty intimidating at times, and a lot of them expect you to at least have been on the site for a while or already know a lot of site terminology too. i can see why they'd be hard to understand if you're super new to the game

if you ever need more help feel free to message me! ^_^
Fireworks

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me