Stars #3512 - #3513 | Total Eclipse

Create a topic here to store adoptable/character competition forms.

Stars #3512 - #3513 | Total Eclipse

Postby harvestberry » Tue May 07, 2024 5:43 pm

“You betrayed me, Solmani! You have betrayed me for your own benefit!”
“…”

🌕
Stars #3512 and Stars #3513.
Entries by Soll and harvestberry.
☀️

“Leave me, traitor!”
“Khusuf..”

images sourced from adopt pages.
Last edited by harvestberry on Tue May 07, 2024 11:32 pm, edited 3 times in total.

🍁🐚 ⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯
She/Her • PMs Always Open • CT
Hello hello! You can call me Harvest!
The Marshland Settlement
Foxtail Range Stables
Toyhou.se
⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯🐚🍁

harvestberry

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Stars #3513 - Khusuf, The Moon.

Postby harvestberry » Tue May 07, 2024 6:09 pm

Username: harvestberry
Partner: Soll
Cat Name: Khusuf
Clan: The Marshland Settlement

banner image source

Four spotted paws trudged against the sandy loam beneath me, bogged down and tired. It was hot tonight, even for a desert; I had never experienced nighttime heat like this before. Nonetheless, I continued, winding through clumps of sage and dodging tall ocotillos. I was a cat on a mission, deployed with a promise to my group that I would find them a new home, a home with food and water. A home that could feel like home, rather than the oppressive and arid world from which I had left. And I would find it for them - after all, I was their god, their divine leader, born of the god of the world and the god of the dark. When I held their wishes and dreams in my freckled paws, all of their pleas magically came true. And this was a plea I was determined to fulfill. Not because so many of my followers begged for it, no, but because it was a gripe I also had with their current territory. Before long, the wintery scent of another cat, suffocating and piney, flooded my jaws. I sped up a bit, hoping to avoid the passing stranger, but my thick fur was quickly invaded by the temperature, and I was forced to return to a walk. A rustle echoed through the night next to me, and I went rigid, turning my head to the source; a large mottled tomcat, rising from a saltbush. “Greetings, I do not come bearing harm.” He spoke with an even, respectful tone, bowing his head - as if he could sense my divine abilities. I took a moment for analysis, looking the stranger up and down and checking his scent once more to discern his origins before clearing my throat.

Greetings. Name?” I kept my voice curt and succinct, not fond of trying to be friendly with this cat. He looked a bit surprised, offended, even, flicking his ear with confusion.

Solmani, and yours?” He spoke once more, remaining suspiciously peaceful towards me. I narrowed my eyes; his voice carried a light accent I’d never heard and his name was no word from any desert naming conventions, and for a moment, I considered chasing him away. But it was hot and I was low on energy, so I had no choice but to reply to the red and black tom.

Khusuf.” With my name spoken into the dark, I turned, continuing on.

Solmani followed, granted slightly behind, but following nonetheless. As irritating as it was, I couldn’t deny the convenience of having a companion; two sources of food, easier lookouts and skirmishes with other travelers, and a shield to throw at predators, just in case. I humored him in light conversation, made my powers apparent to him, and yet he didn’t leave. I found that we actually agreed upon many points, and the stories from him about the area were valuable. I became especially intrigued when he mentioned a nearby clan, rich in resources.

Our plan was supposed to be foolproof. I had the ability to raise spirits from shadow; my group’s oracle had predicted moons ago that there would be an eclipse on that night, which would have given me enough darkness to raise an army to attack. It was simple, to be executed swiftly and succinctly, with no catches or drawbacks. Solmani would go in and distract the clan, I would raise an army, and we would ambush the clan to claim their land and resources. The day arrived; the shadows of the leaves surrounding us were crescents, splattered across the dried up ground, and I sent Solmani ahead to introduce himself and utilize charisma to lull them into false security. However, I found that, when the sun went dark, I couldn’t bring forth any spirits. Like a low-quality flint striking a dull stone, I tried over and over to spark my soldiers, but to no avail. I managed to get one spirit, a single stoic specter, and I attempted to convince it to help raise more spirits before the light returned. At this time, Solmani happened to return; confused by my delays.

He was trailed by an overcurious apprentice, who we both failed to notice. I spoke too loud, attempting to get my plan through to the stonefaced ghost, and the apprentice turned tail, fleeing. The clan emerged from their camp; and they believed that Solmani was stopping me. They thought he was on their side. Utterly ridiculous, that’s what I thought when they cornered me against an unsteady acacia tree and dragged me back to their camp, tossing me into a long-dead bramble den after ridiculing me for being an “evildoer” in the center of their shabby camp. I often looked to Solmani for help - my companion stood silent, watching. They assigned him as my guard, the wretched traitor. For a moon, I didn’t look him in the eye; I watched from my prison as he assimilated to their life. Their disgusting, fake life over-reliant on “friendship” and other principles founded by a delusion of safety in numbers. It made me feel sick, truly, seeing my companion turn his back on me, leave me to be humiliated before these cats as a villain when he was no better. But oh, he naively sought reform - my view of my companion grew harsh.

Three moons later, an anomaly occurred; yet another day when the sun went black. Solmani came to me that day. In the thick of the chaos, he tore open the back of my prison, guiding me out. He tried to continue traveling with me, make amends; I gave him a piece of my mind. A cruel, unfeeling piece of my mind. He turned, returning to those weak clan cats with shameful loyalty. When I returned home after several long, waterless moons of traveling, I found myself rejected by my own followers over my fruitless mission - and I shall never forgive Solmani, the traitorous fool, for my ruin shall forever be his fault.

Last edited by harvestberry on Wed May 08, 2024 2:39 am, edited 2 times in total.

🍁🐚 ⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯
She/Her • PMs Always Open • CT
Hello hello! You can call me Harvest!
The Marshland Settlement
Foxtail Range Stables
Toyhou.se
⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯🐚🍁

harvestberry

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Stars #3512 - #3513 | WIP

Postby Soll » Tue May 07, 2024 6:33 pm

Username: Soll
Partner: harvestberry
Cat Name: Solmani
Clan: Dusk clan

banner image source

The air was warm and suffocating around me, my thick coat still accustomed to the cold weather of my original home in the far Nordic mountains, the fact that it's night and still so hot is beyond me. I've been travelling for moons, I can't remember the last time I've seen snow, and the adjustment from cold to heat was almost too difficult to handle. Since I've left, I haven't seen a single other creature, even prey was scarce and I haven't eaten in many days. Suddenly, the strong smell of another cat filled my senses, both fear and curiosity followed. I decided that searching for the cat would be the smarter option, the possibility of somecat following me was dangerous, I was too weak and vulnerable. I'm confident, an incredible tracker, back home the day and night cycle was vastly different, and my sense of smell and ability to gather intel on my surrounding had become heightened over time as I was oftentimes forced to hunt in darkness. The search didn't take very long, as I laid still in a bush watching a cat with an unusually purple freckled coat, she was smaller in stature, but felt mysterious. However, she was alone, and with my size I felt it was safe enough to approach the she-cat. "Greetings, I do not come baring harm." I spoke very clearly, my voice stern but courteous. I dipped my head after my sentence, hoping to display the hope for peace and my respect towards her despite it being our first meeting. The she-cat stared at me for a moment, as if she was silently checking me for any signs of danger, and I watched her taste the air to assure I was alone. Did she not know how to track? It took a few moments before she finally spoke back to me, "Greetings. Name?" the she-cat had asked. I was slightly taken aback by the blunt attitude after I'd approached her so kindly, my ears flicking lightly with confusion. "Solmani, and yours?"I replied, still maintaining my peaceful and kind demeanor despite her unexpectedly distasteful first impression. This was a different land, these cats must have just been raised differently. "Khusuf." she bluntly replied, but her demeanor wasn't aggressive. The two of us quickly began conversation, and we'd surprisingly got along very well with each other. Both of us explained our history and ideals on the world. It wasn't long before we had decided to stay together and travel paw in paw as companions, and as we relished in each others company, a plan had formed to overtake a nearby group of cats that called themselves a 'clan'. We were alone, and we needed recourses and power, and taking over the group was the easiest way to obtain that, especially considering the mysterious power Khusuf had disclosed to me.

And so began the prophecy in Duskclan, "An attack from souls beyond on a day-turned-night will be stopped by a cat of the Sun."

The plan was formed smoothly, not a single action should have been able to halt our progress. Khusuf had told me of an eclipse that would happen, something that'd been told to her many moons ago, and I thought that would be the perfect time to strike. Darkness couldn't stop my tracking, and my charisma to form friendships was comparable to no other. With Khusuf's ability to rise the spirits of the fallen to heel to her command under darkness, we'd be unstoppable. As the day grew nearer, our travels began with us scaling a mountain that divided the desert and the clan territory. Alas, we made it through the battle with the terrain, and we waited for the moon to engulf the sun in it's darkness. The day arose, and I made my way to the clan territory as Khusuf began her preparations, meeting with what would be called a patrol at the edge of a vast pine forest, four adult sized cats and one small cat that looked to be not much older than a kit. The adults were wary, suspicious and unwelcoming, however the kit seemed to have a strange infatuation with my arrival, and urged them to welcome me to their camp. As the time went by, I began to worry as my companion hadn't arrived, and I went out to find her. It didn't take me long, and Khusuf looked nearly in shambles as she'd only accomplished rising one faint spirit. She'd spoken loudly, and to our misfortune the curious apprentice had followed me, and before we knew it more members of the Clan arrived around us. The apprentice had spoken highly of me, calling me the cat of the Sun who would stop an attack. Shortly after, Khusuf was imprisoned, and I was tasked to guard her as I was the one who'd witnessed her abilities. It was evident that she was displeased by the fact that I'd become so trusted by the clan. My emotions were twisted, one side of me falling in love with clan living over the many moons we'd been there, and the other wanting to free the cat I'd called my friend. Eventually, an anomaly happened, and a second eclipse brought the world back under darkness. I used this moment to free Khusuf, destroying the backside of her bramble cage, and for many steps I attempted to travel with her. A fight occurred along the way, her words digging into my heart like thorns, it was painful knowing she'd felt I'd betrayed her. I didn't have anywhere else to turn, and I was unable to deny my longing to stay with the clan, and knowing she wanted nothing to do with me forced me to make a choice. And so, I turned away from her, using the moment to make sure I never forgot her. Now the mountain of which was a barrier we'd crossed together, lay as a boundary that would separate us till the ends of time.

⊱ ─────── {.⋅ Image ⋅.} ────── ⊰
Hi I'm Soll! I'm an lgbt artist, figure
skater and dancer! [adult]
Bff ♥ | Ringi ♥ | | | |
⊱ ─────── {.⋅ Image ⋅.} ────── ⊰
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
He/Him | Adult | Married
Stars | ©
Art 4 c$|Art 4 Art
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
██
██