Collapsible/sub groups 320/357

Suggest new features or changes to Chicken Smoothie.

Are you for this suggestion?

Yes
90%
No
3%
I need more information
2%
Something similar
5%

Total votes : 394

Re: Collapsible/sub groups 320/357

Postby Andano » Fri Mar 22, 2024 3:56 pm

Strong support!
Pet's name: ♡ Dinky ♡
Andano

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby horchata » Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:09 pm

support
a gardener told me some plants move
───────
libra - hufflepuff - infp
forum game!

───────
but i could not believe it

horchata

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby implodingescapade » Fri Mar 29, 2024 9:38 am

Specifically came to suggestions to look for this one, and suggest it myself if I couldn't find it! It's a great idea!!!

I really want to organize my pets efficiently on here—I have fun doing it, and every once in a while I'll even go through every group to see if there's something I want to change or pets I want to move. The more groups I add though, the more it has the potential to overwhelm me, which is why I have all my birds in one category, or all unique pets + animals with only a few iterations in an "other species" folder.

I'd have a lot of fun moving each type of bird into it's own subfolder under "birds", and doing this with other pets as well, and also I think it'd make me feel like my groups are cleaner and more efficient!

It can also be very difficult to trade with people who have a LOT of groups, which is their choice, but I think if people had the option to subcategorize, many would, and it'd make browsing their pets easier for others as well.
uhhhh
implodingescapade

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby achieve1dream » Sun Apr 21, 2024 11:28 am

I want this option SO much!!

If you like pet collecting sites that you don't have to feed the pets, I can't recommend Wajas enough. Link below to join. I have lots for sale cheap to help you get started.
achieve1dream

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby XxAnubisxX » Sun Jun 02, 2024 8:24 am

Absolutely support this idea! I’m someone who likes to get extremely organized with my pets groups especially just because it helps me not become overwhelmed by the sheer amount of pets because once you get over 10-20 pets regardless of grouping it can just be a lot to try to juggle.

But realistically regardless of if you’re organizing via species, artist, year, etc. you are more than likely going to eventually develop *A LOT* of groups which not only is overwhelming not just visually but mentally as a user when you, yourself, are trying to put pets where they belong in your groups but also when trying to actively trade with someone, because if someone has a large amount of groups (understandably so), it can be overwhelming and frustrating to go through. Especially if you have a sea of groups to go through, and accidentally click on the wrong group and have to start all over again.

I think a collapsible, tree like system which would still retain the current alphabetical system would be beneficial, especially because it can help eliminate a lot of that overwhelming feeling. I also think a collapsible, tree like system would be more fair and helpful instead of something such as limiting the number of groups a user can make. Realistically, I think as the site goes on if groups were to be limited then it would not only be unfair but just simply realistic compared to the sheer number of pets the site may potentially have over time; (I know this option wasn’t mentioned in the post, but the reason I bring it up is that it’s the other side of the coin to the overwhelming feeling of a large amount of groups is to limit the groups), but to leave the system as is isn’t beneficial over the long term either although admittedly aside from the overwhelming issue when using it or dealing with it in trades it realistically is just a simple aesthetic issue more than anything.

I think there could even be a header bar similar to the organizational bar in the archive, which could display all the header groups then each header group can have their own drop down menu if there is a subgroup within them.

I don’t know how easy it would be to code something like that or even just simply to code or integrate a collapsible tree system; let alone how it would affect loading times if someone were to have a lot of groups or a lot of sub groups but I definitely think it would be more beneficial for the “my pets” area!
XxAnubisxX

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me