Blocking suggestion [Suggestion Added - Discussion Open]

Suggest new features or changes to Chicken Smoothie.

Do you support this?

Yes
91%
No
7%
Sort of, but I’d like to suggest something (comment)
3%

Total votes : 421

Re: Blocking suggestion [Suggestion Added - Discussion Open]

Postby QueenPebbles93 » Sat Jul 25, 2020 5:52 am

Thank you Nick!!
“𝐈’𝐝 𝐫𝐚𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐛𝐞 𝐡𝐚𝐭𝐞𝐝 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐰𝐡𝐨 𝐈 𝐚𝐦 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐧 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞𝐝 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐰𝐡𝐨 𝐈 𝐚𝐦 𝐧𝐨𝐭.”
-𝐊𝐮𝐫𝐭 𝐂𝐨𝐛𝐚𝐢𝐧

natalia 🪐 (she/her)
QueenPebbles93

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby venti » Sat Jul 25, 2020 5:54 am

Thanks Nick!!
    ★ out on the verge of the rest of our lives ★
    suga/venn - she/they -
    hi, im sugacuteic or venti :]
    i like pokemon, frogs and sleeping
venti

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby XxFlamepoolxX » Sat Jul 25, 2020 4:16 pm

My main concern is for species artists.

If you can’t post on the adopts they make(since they would own the oekaki post) it is a bit unfair to people wanting to try out for that adopt. Even if you aren’t banned from the species, there are still going to be some that you are completely blocked off from even trying out for with this feature.
I just see this turning into a problem on the adopts forums...

Some people block others for very petty reasons or rumors without bothering to confront the person they blocked about the situation. Many people are blocked and don’t even know about it because nobody told them.
Perhaps a block notification could be set in place idk. I’d rather know when it happens than find out later after typing a long post for nothing.
Image Image

GRAB BAGS & RARES FOR C$

Selling TH characters HERE
XxFlamepoolxX

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ophanimera » Sat Jul 25, 2020 5:05 pm

XxFlamepoolxX wrote:My main concern is for species artists.

If you can’t post on the adopts they make(since they would own the oekaki post) it is a bit unfair to people wanting to try out for that adopt. Even if you aren’t banned from the species, there are still going to be some that you are completely blocked off from even trying out for with this feature.
I just see this turning into a problem on the adopts forums...

Some people block others for very petty reasons or rumors without bothering to confront the person they blocked about the situation. Many people are blocked and don’t even know about it because nobody told them.
Perhaps a block notification could be set in place idk. I’d rather know when it happens than find out later after typing a long post for nothing.

Species artists have every right to block off users from applying for adopts made by them, as well as preventing users from using other users as a workaround to post for them. I do not see this being an issue except as brought up by people who continue to pity farm and heckle artists to beg for adopts they think should be free.
ophanimera

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby hypnowave » Sat Jul 25, 2020 5:16 pm

i second what bats said. i have some people blocked because they've stolen my designs or attempted to flip them for USD. i don't trust those people with my designs, so why should that be any different for closed species adopts? the same goes for people who block other users for any other reason, like homophobia or unpleasant past interactions.

as far as i'm concerned, the blocked users can just try out for other artists' designs within the same species or obtain MYO tickets and make their own design.
hypnowave

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby GODEATER » Sat Jul 25, 2020 6:01 pm

Thirding. No one is obligated to not block you just because you want their adopts. This isn’t real life, there is no having to deal with rude customers if you don’t want to. It isn’t unfair for people uncomfortable with others to not want to interact with them, no matter what they post.
    discord: godeater
GODEATER

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Zeena » Sat Jul 25, 2020 9:18 pm

Hey everyone,
I've removed quite a few posts from this thread due to an argument.

To clarify, every user on CS is allowed to block anyone they like for any reason they choose. If you've been blocked by another player, it's best to move on. There are plenty of other users to order art from, trade with, etc. and any attempt to contact someone after you've been blocked by them can be seen as harassment.

Please also be reminded that everyone is expected to remain respectful of one another at all times. If you have nothing nice to say then don't say anything at all and block any users who are bothering you.

.....Need help?About Me
Zeena
Admin Assistant

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby musicgurl333 » Tue Jul 28, 2020 3:49 am

So, one pretty big issue that I have with this, is that if I can't see their profile, I also can't block them if they block me first. This creates a couple of issues, none of which I'm personally having right now, but I could see if being an issue in the future.

1. Let's say I wanted to block someone who blocked me. At first glance it doesn't seem like a problem...if they've blocked me, we already can't interact so me blocking them doesn't change anything. But what happens if they unblock me? Now they can interact with again, and I won't even realize it until or unless they do.

2. This could easily be abused. Let's say someone sends me a PM. It's not very nice, but it's not report worthy. I want to block them, but they went and blocked me before they sent their message, so now I can't. They could, if they wanted, unblock me, message me (because I can't block them), and repeat as much as they want. I mean, obviously that would be a reportable offense, but wouldn't it just be easier and better to ensure users maintain an ability to block people, regardless of whether or not they've already been blocked?

I think totally blocking profiles is a heavy handed approach, and I worry it's going to create new problems without really solving anything that wasn't already covered by foe'ing.

To end on a positive note, I do like that blocked users can't post on your topics. I think that's a great change. :)
musicgurl333

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby hypnowave » Tue Jul 28, 2020 4:00 am

musicgurl333 wrote:So, one pretty big issue that I have with this, is that if I can't see their profile, I also can't block them if they block me first. This creates a couple of issues, none of which I'm personally having right now, but I could see if being an issue in the future.

1. Let's say I wanted to block someone who blocked me. At first glance it doesn't seem like a problem...if they've blocked me, we already can't interact so me blocking them doesn't change anything. But what happens if they unblock me? Now they can interact with again, and I won't even realize it until or unless they do.

2. This could easily be abused. Let's say someone sends me a PM. It's not very nice, but it's not report worthy. I want to block them, but they went and blocked me before they sent their message, so now I can't. They could, if they wanted, unblock me, message me (because I can't block them), and repeat as much as they want. I mean, obviously that would be a reportable offense, but wouldn't it just be easier and better to ensure users maintain an ability to block people, regardless of whether or not they've already been blocked?

I think totally blocking profiles is a heavy handed approach, and I worry it's going to create new problems without really solving anything that wasn't already covered by foe'ing.

To end on a positive note, I do like that blocked users can't post on your topics. I think that's a great change. :)

you can still block people who blocked you by using the manage blocked users page, so those won't really be a problem. ^^
hypnowave

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby musicgurl333 » Tue Jul 28, 2020 4:02 am

reyligion wrote:
musicgurl333 wrote:So, one pretty big issue that I have with this, is that if I can't see their profile, I also can't block them if they block me first. This creates a couple of issues, none of which I'm personally having right now, but I could see if being an issue in the future.

you can still block people who blocked you by using the manage blocked users page, so those won't really be a problem. ^^

I did not realize that. Thank you so much! :)
musicgurl333

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me