[suggestion] pound/lost and found notifications

Suggest new features or changes to Chicken Smoothie.

support?

yes
42%
no
58%
yes, but change the idea a bit (comment ideas)
No votes

Total votes : 26

[suggestion] pound/lost and found notifications

Postby sprite cranberry » Mon Dec 21, 2020 6:25 am

Hey there ! This is an issue that has plagued me and I'm sure some other users for a while, and that's missing out on the pound or lost and found opening. I think it would be an awesome idea to implement a notification for when either open that you can opt in and out of.

So how would it work? I think the easiest way to go about it would be to have a button on the pound page to turn on notifications for when the pound/lost and found opens up, this would be something you could turn off in your account settings if you no longer want to be notified and the notification would come through in your messages ! Something like, " the pound is open ! Go and rehome one of our awesome pets" or " The lost and found is open ! Get yourself some new dressup items! "

I'd love some feedback on this idea and if it's been brought up before sorry for brining it up again !
Last edited by sprite cranberry on Thu Jan 14, 2021 5:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sprite | adult | she/her
lonely :'D

sprite cranberry

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: [suggestion] pound/lost and found notifications

Postby axelandria » Mon Dec 21, 2020 9:21 am

i'm not sure if this would work as intended. having notifications will likely make cs flood with suddenly active users, much like december 18th. i think it may slow down the site, and those who have slower internet to begin with may not even be able to get into the pound when it opens.

𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘨𝘴 𝘤𝘩𝘢𝘯𝘨𝘦,
xxx𝘴𝘶𝘮𝘮𝘦𝘳 𝘦𝘯𝘥𝘴

xxx
call me axel (they/she)
adopt a newbie
toyhouse
listography

axelandria
General Helper

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby rileypillow » Mon Dec 21, 2020 9:53 am

It probably wouldn’t work, as people who have it turned on would wake up in the morning with 4 notifications or something about it opening. Plus, they’d have to open the message, and it would waste time and they might miss the opening if they’re already busy. There could be a warning banner ten-five minutes before on the entire site, like the token hunt countdown or something, that could be turned off in settings.
rileypillow

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Deku509 » Sun Dec 27, 2020 7:11 am

Ive been thinking the same thing! I really wish I could get notifications for the pound/lost and found. Itd be 1000x easier than trying to guess or remember when it will open.
▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Roan || He/it
Discord: AlienGemini
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Deku509

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby rabbit_with_a_fedora » Sun Dec 27, 2020 7:12 am

rileypillow wrote:It probably wouldn’t work, as people who have it turned on would wake up in the morning with 4 notifications or something about it opening. Plus, they’d have to open the message, and it would waste time and they might miss the opening if they’re already busy. There could be a warning banner ten-five minutes before on the entire site, like the token hunt countdown or something, that could be turned off in settings.

I agree with this, especially the warning banner part! But still, I wholly support the basic idea!
hi, i'm rabbit!
she/her or any pronouns
canadian (i speak english, canadian french and i'm learning danish! i speak mandarin at home but i'm not super fluent in writing or reading it)

check out my grab bags/trading thread: xx

ImageImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImage

rabbit_with_a_fedora

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby LilyHorse » Thu Jan 14, 2021 4:41 am

Maybe, so that the users who actually pay attention to the timers do get something for their wait, these are sent out ~5 minutes after the pound/lost and found opens? I have missed the pound before, and would love these, but have also sent multiple hour long timers before so that I could make it on time, and then gotten good pets for my efforts. I think this is a good idea, but they shouldn’t be sent out right as the pound opens.
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|

2020: I am a holibomber!
I have gifted 38 people.
I have received 34 gifts.

2021: I am a holibomber!
I have gifted 18 people.
I have received 20 gifts.

I am missing a lot of late '21 and 2022 pets! plz trade i don't bite

____________________________________________________________________________________________

lilyhorse ..................
LilyHorse

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Oddity-Lad » Mon Mar 01, 2021 2:21 pm

Honestly I am conflicted about this. I know a lot of the CS Discord groups have Pound/Lost and Found timers already so it is something that people (myself included) can and do already effectively get. Therefore I feel like CS giving notifications may create a bit of spam for people using the timers on Discord, or even defeat the purpose of having CS Discord groups entirely. COPPA users on the other hand, technically cannot use Discord due to being underage, so I could see them benefitting. However CS only really sends out notifications via Email which people may not see.
Signature art by Batman

Oddity-Lad

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby XxanimewolfgirluwuxX » Mon Mar 01, 2021 2:24 pm

maybe, im not sure.
I think it could be a notification much like the ''new pets'' stamp that happens on rollover when the new monthly pets are realeased. it could say something like 'the pound is open' or something
but i wouldnt want it to work for the people who aren't on the site because that would lead to a crazy influx of people and i think that would be annoying.
~THROW ME TO THE WOLVES AND I'LL RETURN LEADING THE PACK~

XxanimewolfgirluwuxX

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby 002 » Sat Mar 06, 2021 8:07 am

Maybe a temporary banner that pops up for the duration of the pound/L&F openings would be more fitting, instead of a notification that must be manually deleted. The banner could be enabled/disabled via settings. Other than that, the pound bot on Discord comes in handy if you want a notification off-site.
❴ no pronouns, any // student ❵
trade //
skelebun hoard

૮ ˶ᵔ ᵕ ᵔ˶ ა ˚ʚ♡ɞ ©

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby S0URBUGZ » Sat Mar 06, 2021 8:11 am

Like everyone else has said, A notification for when the second the pound or lost and found open would just cause delay, A notification for when the pound/lost and found opens *soon* would be much better, like "5 minutes till the pound opens! Be sure to check later!".
Call me Vincent/Vinnie
he/him
certified idiot, perpetually needing sleep
If y'all have any cool pictures of bugs or birds please send them to me
I am a Citizen of Kurtistown
Feel free to send me a PM if you wanna chat!

carrd
S0URBUGZ

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me