Mass deleting pets

Suggest new features or changes to Chicken Smoothie.

Mass deleting pets

Postby cheem » Mon Sep 05, 2022 10:49 am

I'm sure I'm not the only one that's frustrated with the overload of pets that I don't care for and don't have the time to trade. Because of the sheer volume of pets it's impossible to go through and single handedly delete each one, having to go through 4 screens for just one.

It would be awesome for a mass delete feature where you can just tick off their boxes to delete them, and it would improve rarity rates.

Edit:// The point still stands even with sending the peta to the pound. I would gladly send pets to the pound, as long as there's a mass "drop off" option. The layout is just super unfriendly to ND users or users with hundreds of pets that just can't go to each one and send it to the pound by hand.

Edit://

I found out how to mass donate on the pound page. So I went through and while I still have pets pending, I get this message....

"Awwwww, I'll never forget that day when you adopted me from the pound :( . I thought I'd never be adopted, but then you came and stroked me softly through the bars of my cage and took me home with you. And now you're sending me away and I won't be able to be with you any more :(. I hope my new owner will be as kind as you were to me.

View the trade that is sending me away".

~~~

Y'all I can't win. I'm either getting guilt tripped by players or pets smh
Last edited by cheem on Tue Sep 06, 2022 9:57 am, edited 2 times in total.

cheem

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Mass deleting pets

Postby kitty teeth » Mon Sep 05, 2022 10:50 am

I don't support. If you want to get rid of pets, I'd suggest the pound.
neurodivergent - adult
xxxKitty's Pound
kitty teeth

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby hypmic » Mon Sep 05, 2022 10:54 am

No support- the process to delete a pet is really long on purpose- the site is encouraging you to donate them to the pound (Or gift/trade them). I personally don't see what the point of deleting so many pets is- if you don't want to donate it to the pound you could still use all the bulk pets to get art/characters if you aren't interested in collecting pets.
Trying to collect ALL rats (No dupes) Please send trades to help me out! Also wanting FR stuff for my pets (FR user is hypmic) :>

Join our Chicken Smoothie Discord Server!
hypmic

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Lex. » Mon Sep 05, 2022 10:56 am

Agree with bat teeth and magikarp, no support.

xx
lex // any pronouns // lion lover // 10/21
    What you gonna do when you get out of jail?
    I'm gonna have some fun
    What do you consider fun?
    Fun, natural fun

I'm in heaven
    With my boyfriend, my laughing boyfriend
    There's no beginning and there is no end
    Time isn't present in that dimension

-;; tom tom club

Lex.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby mrs » Mon Sep 05, 2022 10:59 am

I support - I don't see how it's hurting anyone if you want to get rid of your own pets, and therefore the process should be quicker and more efficient. The majority of people who do want to get rid of their pets aren't going to delete them, anyway, so what's the point of giving the people who do want to delete them a very long, tedious process to do so? Aside from that, some pets are deleted for personal reasons. We shouldn't make it anymore annoying to deal with than it already is.
mrs

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Ravens-Folklore » Mon Sep 05, 2022 11:53 am

no support from me, agree with previous statements. instead of having to just delete them out of existence, it's much more kind to donate your pets to the pound. many players also offer to put them in their own pounds if you want to get rid of them, and you're helping other players achieve pets that may be important or even dreamies to them. just because you don't like them it doesn't mean others won't. Giving and being kind to others and offering charity is your best option and the nicest thing you can do all around. As someone previously stated, the site makes it hard to delete pets for a reason. They're encouraging you to be kind to others instead.
Just call me Kyler, friends. Trans; he/him; adult

I LOVE TO TALK ABOUT MY INTERESTS. I HOPE WE HAVE THINGS IN COMMON. A few of my interests below, always open to PM!

ALL THINGS KPOP; Ravenclaw; Team Mystic, ask for my PoGo code!; Digimon Adventure 01/Adventure 02/Tri; Markiplier and Jacksepticeye; Game/Film/Food Theory; Nerd Explains; jacksfilms; Mayday: Air Disasters; Chopped; Beat Bobby Flay; Iron Chef America; the entire Saw franchise; the entire Purge franchise; Pitbulls and Parolees/most Animal Planet shows; my dream is to be a zoologist and I am an artist. I am a newly certified and working Veterinary Assistant.

I ACHIEVED MY BIGGEST DREAMIE I'M CRYING I'M SO HAPPY: Image
Ravens-Folklore

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby bark » Mon Sep 05, 2022 12:15 pm

No support, if anything it would hurt the trading economy.

If you prefer to mass delete, I'd suggest sending to the pound/lost and found. OR you can send unwanted pets to user-owned adoption centers.

That way, you can clear your account/get rid of unwanted pets without hurting the trading economy!

mrs wrote:I support - I don't see how it's hurting anyone if you want to get rid of your own pets, and therefore the process should be quicker and more efficient. The majority of people who do want to get rid of their pets aren't going to delete them, anyway, so what's the point of giving the people who do want to delete them a very long, tedious process to do so? Aside from that, some pets are deleted for personal reasons. We shouldn't make it anymore annoying to deal with than it already is.

Unfortunately it comes with a cost. Store pets never get released, and we're already 15+ nons for a skelebun. It's difficult to trade for it, since not many users have 15 nons laying around to trade for 1 pet. Deleting does more harm than good, regardless of rarity. Some 2016 pets are at 1MA each already.

Pound trades answer within 24ish hours, so it's easy to clean out your account without harming the trading economy. Plus the trading history of said pet is inaccessible after the pet is adopted, so your name (if you donate) won't be available after said pet is adopted. This allows the 'personal reason' case be solved. And before the pet gets adopted, the pound account doesn't allow anyone to access 'pets without a group' so your pet you donated can't be accessed.

Infact, I've had trades accepted by the pound shorter than 24 hours, so it's not long. In fact, it probably takes longer for a mod to reach you to delete your account.

BUT;

Don't want to send multiple trades? Don't want to take time to send a big trade? It's best to wait and ask a mod to close your account, they send your pets to the pound regardless. That way admins can do it for you, if you wish to not send a trade.

So, it's not a long, tedious process. In fact, it's quite easy to delete said account if you so desire. Someone else might be happy with the very common you donated instead of deleting. ^^
Last edited by bark on Mon Sep 05, 2022 12:21 pm, edited 2 times in total.
bark

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby medimedes » Mon Sep 05, 2022 12:18 pm

No support, i agree that it would hurt the economy, plus, you may have someone’s dream pet?
Hi I'm Thalimule
Im an artist
I enjoy Tf2 greatly!
Those are my Tf2 ocs! Refresh to see a new one :]
2 years on cs!
pm me with a silly photo of your pet and ill try to draw them
medimedes

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby mrs » Mon Sep 05, 2022 12:21 pm

bark wrote:Infact, I've had trades accepted by the pound shorter than 24 hours, so it's not long. In fact, it probably takes longer for a mod to reach you to delete your account. And if you do ask a mod to close your account, they send your pets to the pound regardless.

So, it's not a long, tedious process.

It is, in fact, still a long, tedious process, regardless of what method you use to send your pets to the pound (through account deletion or doing it yourself). And they don't always send your pets to the pound. Aside from that, who wants to click through page after page to send the pets to the pound? That's very time consuming, and in the case of an accidental trade cancellation, it's even more so tedious.
If you want to delete your own pets, it's your choice; it's your decision to delete the pets you own, that you've earned. Deleting pets doesn't hurt the economy anymore than the pound having it for an indefinite amount of time.
mrs

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby bark » Mon Sep 05, 2022 12:37 pm

mrs wrote:
bark wrote:Infact, I've had trades accepted by the pound shorter than 24 hours, so it's not long. In fact, it probably takes longer for a mod to reach you to delete your account. And if you do ask a mod to close your account, they send your pets to the pound regardless.

So, it's not a long, tedious process.

It is, in fact, still a long, tedious process, regardless of what method you use to send your pets to the pound (through account deletion or doing it yourself). And they don't always send your pets to the pound. Aside from that, who wants to click through page after page to send the pets to the pound? That's very time consuming, and in the case of an accidental trade cancellation, it's even more so tedious.
If you want to delete your own pets, it's your choice; it's your decision to delete the pets you own, that you've earned. Deleting pets doesn't hurt the economy anymore than the pound having it for an indefinite amount of time.

Requoting my post! C:

bark wrote:Don't want to send multiple trades? Don't want to take time to send a big trade? It's best to wait and ask a mod to close your account, they send your pets to the pound regardless. That way admins can do it for you, if you wish to not send a trade.

So, it's not a long, tedious process. In fact, it's quite easy to delete said account if you so desire. Someone else might be happy with the very common you donated instead of deleting. ^^

I never heard of the pound accidentally cancelling your trade tbh o.o unless you have the same pets in another trade, that's normal. But again, mods can help with deleting an account and send those pets to the pound for you without having to do a trade yourself! C:

mrs wrote:Deleting pets doesn't hurt the economy anymore than the pound having it for an indefinite amount of time

Again, see quoted post;

bark wrote:Unfortunately it comes with a cost. Store pets never get released, and we're already 15+ nons for a skelebun. It's difficult to trade for it, since not many users have 15 nons laying around to trade for 1 pet. Deleting does more harm than good, regardless of rarity. Some 2016 pets are at 1MA each already.

Links on the successful trade thread of the store pets:

Skelebun

2016 store pets

The rapid inflation is already alarming. Deleting can possibly cause significant inflation. It's about supply and demand.

It does hurt the economy in a way. The delete button WAS handy when CS didn't assigned rarity ways back (when it started) but now the feature is very outdated today.

The pound doesn't have it indefinitely, the pound will set pets up for adoption sooner or later. Pets are selected by RNG per opening. Each pet will be adopted out sooner or later. The pound doesn't keep any pets. ^^

It's best to send the pound pets than to forever lose a pet and create even more economical issues in the trading economy.

Hope this explains more! If I seem rule at all, that's not my intention. ;w;
bark

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me