suggestion: additional pound openings

Suggest new features or changes to Chicken Smoothie.

i am humbly requesting ... your support

61%
39%

Total votes : 41

Re: suggestion: additional pound openings

Postby Mysticality » Wed Jan 17, 2024 4:36 pm

squeegi wrote:
lyney wrote:
-snip - sorry for my visit to yapville, i just wanted to bring another side to this. the l&f is disliked and this seems like a repeat to me. i do def support making openings more frequent but this needs refining. if anyone has anything else they can add to this or wants to disagree, i totally don't mind, i was just talking with my brother on this and wanted to comment on it.

i agree with a lot of your points!! especially about how the L&F ends up staying open waaay too long. while i think the problem would probably not be aaaas bad with the pound if this suggestion was implemented, i agree that it might pose an issue. honestly, i think the L&F should definitely have some kind of time limit to stay open, because a lot of low value set items end up keeping it open for ages. maybe 3 hours after it opens it auto-closes? i think that might be a good idea!

I agree with the lost & found stuff. I also agree that pets should be randomized and not listed by dates because then people would actually have to have a reaction time to get better pets.
boy why you so gnarp gnarp
Mysticality

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Cherry. » Sat Jan 27, 2024 6:32 am

I support this!

I also have another idea of a different way to try to rework things/make things better.

What if the pound was open 100% of the time, but everyone had a daily limit of pets they could adopt from the pound per day? (Like 2-3 maybe?) Then, rather than it being a race to be the first one to load the page and adopt the rare, you could pick your adopts more casually. This could also potentially help with the issue we’ve had recently with the pound’s lag!
Some things I could see being issues with this:
-Players abusing this by never adopting less than very rare pets, which would eventually make the number of valuable pets in the pound minimal. Maybe the number of pound refreshes a user gets per day are limited, (maybe around 5 or something) leaving it more up to luck?
-maybe could create other issues with lag, since the pound would be operating 24/7 and I’m not sure how much of a toll th at would take on the server?
-not sure how this would be implemented with the lost and found also. Would both be able to be open at the same time, or would they alternate by the day which one players are adopting from? I am not sure.

Open to people leaving suggestions on my suggestion too!!

Please feed my friend! c:
Cherry.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Papilio Ulysses » Mon Jan 29, 2024 1:54 am

lyney wrote:support, kind of? i think the main issue that i have with the lost and found is that users flock to it right when it opens, but once rarer items are picked, it sometimes stays open for hours depending on when it starts. i can wait for my three-hour cooldown to finish and come to the l&f s t i l l being open, where the items remaining are almost always the free store items or small event items: coal, pieces of cake, splotches of paint, etc. i joke with myself that i'm "taking one for the team" to adopt items nobody else seems to want, just to try to get the l&f closed as soon as possible.

Regarding the small event items, I had brought up a similar issue with the Item Re-release, but was ultimately shut down. However, I like the idea of randomizing the order of the pets/items in the Pound and L&F. I think it's more balanced than listing everything by any sort of chronological order.

For now, I'm not sure how I feel about additional openings for the pound. But I do want to see what the official update to the Pound entails.
** Tʜᴇ Eɴᴄʜᴀɴᴛɪɴɢ Sᴀɴᴄᴛᴜᴀʀʏ **

Bye bye, little butterfly~
-----------------Image-----------------
Papilio Ulysses

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Cherry. » Thu May 02, 2024 4:15 am

Bumping this up!

Please feed my friend! c:
Cherry.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby schlottis » Fri May 03, 2024 2:55 pm

Support, mostly. Kind of neutral.

While I do see the point that people might stake out the second opening for something better, if there was no way to tell that it's the second opening when you join, then that would change things a little. Staking it out has the risk of running you nothing if you missed the first opening and didn't know you had.

That being said, I do think that if there's a cooldown period between the two (say the 10-20 minutes stipulated), then use of things like the pound bot will nullify some of the balance, as there's a degree of playing the game at hand. If you skip the first one (which there would likely remain an initial bias for), you could try and gamble on the second one in the hopes of having less people to compete with.

I think a longer cooldown period between two close together pounds with/or a longer universal cooldown than the 3 hours that we currently have would do well to open up fairness. A 30-60 minute gap between the two pounds would potentially discourage people waiting around for the second.
schlottis

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby bookshelf » Fri May 03, 2024 2:58 pm

personally i would much prefer the pound openings to be spread out as they are now rather than have two back to back because then im just likely to miss both :[

-----------------------------

adult, college student, she/her

-----------------------------

bookshelf

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me