Trigger Warning Option for Oekaki Posts

Suggest new features or changes to Chicken Smoothie.

Do you like this idea?

Yes
43%
No
43%
Mixed feelings
14%

Total votes : 21

Postby PheonixThunderslayer » Sat May 04, 2024 10:01 am

So, obviously, blood/gore/candy gore is not allowed on Oekaki. But, what if there was a trigger warning option? Hear me out...
If a drawing on Oekaki had the following, there would be a popup before you post asking if there was the things listed above, you had to mark it as a Trigger Warning". By choosing the option, it would automatically put a warning on it
Untitled100_20240503180047.png
trigger warning example
Untitled100_20240503180047.png (268.17 KiB) Viewed 99 times

If you clicked it, it would ask you if you really wanted to click on it.
----------------------------------
Are you sure you want to click this? It may contain blood/gore/candy gore or scary images.
No, go back. Yes, view it.
----------------------------------
I enjoy making gory or scary drawing sometimes, so this would be great.
Or maybe there could be a designated board for it, and you would get the same warning before viewing the board. No trigger warning would be displayed on the art in the forum, because they previously gave you a popup asking.
Last edited by PheonixThunderslayer on Sat May 04, 2024 10:10 am, edited 3 times in total.
ImageImageImage
im pheonix (she/her) and im back to the old sig11!!1!!! woohoo!
PheonixThunderslayer

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Trigger Warning Option for Oekaki Posts

Postby Sealipup » Sat May 04, 2024 10:04 am

I could see for things like bright colors or insects or common phobias but that's kind of hard to moderate and not everyone would know to add a TW for it. I think that the rules for what can't be drawn are clear enough and I don't think blood/gore (for example) is appropriate for CS even if it had proper warnings

X
X
X
X
ImageImage
Seali ♡ She/Her

Image Credits: x x x x x
Sealipup

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby PheonixThunderslayer » Sat May 04, 2024 10:13 am

Sealipup wrote:
    I could see for things like bright colors or insects or common phobias but that's kind of hard to moderate and not everyone would know to add a TW for it. I think that the rules for what can't be drawn are clear enough and I don't think blood/gore (for example) is appropriate for CS even if it had proper warnings

there would be a popup before you post asking if there was the things listed above, you had to mark it as a Trigger Warning". By choosing the option, it would automatically put a warning on it

i changed it a bit, so is that better?
ImageImageImage
im pheonix (she/her) and im back to the old sig11!!1!!! woohoo!
PheonixThunderslayer

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby joe cool » Sat May 04, 2024 10:25 am

This would be hard to regulate overall. Some things that some people find scary, others may not. For example, an animal showing fangs may be scary to one person, but to another it isn't. Also there are hundreds, if not thousands, of oekaki posts already on the board. You can't retroactively go back and moderate every single one of them to add warnings. It would be a herculean task to follow through with.

This also opens the door for people to request their own personal trigger warnings to be added as an option. This is outright impossible to implement as everyone's own personal triggers are not the same and vary from person to person. Some people have a trigger of the ocean, others love it. Site-wide implementation for hyperspecific triggers upon request are impossible. This possibility of this heavily outweighs the benefits.

As someone with hyperspecific triggers of their own, my rule of thumb applies here-one should browse at their own discretion. Given that this is already a heavily content-regulated website, there is no inherent need for this.

Don't support.
snoopy | any pronouns
snoopy connoisseur and promoter

joe cool

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Celozon » Sat May 04, 2024 2:09 pm

We already do not allow users to link to content breaking site rules even if its behind a warning/maturity filter, so given that we don't allow off-site links of this sort, we wouldn't allow it on-site either.

I'm also not sure 'trigger warning' is the best wording for this, we don't disallow things like blood and gore because it might be triggering to someone, we disallow it because the site is geared towards kids and we feel it is not appropriate to give it a platform here where a younger audience can (and will) view it.

I think a suggestion for an optional trigger warning for content that is already ok on CS is fine though, I've seen similar suggestions before like one suggesting an optional epilepsy warning for oekaki drawings with bright colors. In that case it can simply be up to the user on if they want to use it and it wouldn't need to be enforced by us so long as the art itself still follows all the site rules.
ImageImage
Celozon
Global Moderator

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me