Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!
Click here to see the full Art Rules!

Bijoux Bees - Interest check? 🐝

Postby rainbowpanda101 » Sun Mar 10, 2024 6:05 pm

Raptocidic wrote:I don't mind the idea of prompt based events, although if it was one or the other I would personally prefer the level up prompts. Events are limited time, and might occur during a time people are already busy.

Thank you for the feedback! This is a very good point! I hadn't thought about how the events would be limited by time and how holidays can keep people busy. In that case, I think it would make more sense for the events to be little mini-games (like post a form to "spin a wheel") instead of requiring art or long-length prompt answers. Small prompts, like what is your Cardinal Queen's favorite color, would probably also work.

As for levels and their prompts, it is still a major work in progress.

Level 1 tasks would include making a hive "storage" thread on CS (or a folder on toyhouse, a weebly site, etc), adopting a Queen, and then registering the hive in the Archive.

Level 2 tasks would include writing a biography for or obtaining art of the Queen (minimum of 200 words OR 1 full body piece of art), as well as listing the hive's social structure and describing the roles for each part of the structure (2+ sentences per role).

Level 3 tasks would include writing a biography or obtaining art of 3 other bees in a person's hive (minimum of 300 words per bee OR 1 full body piece of art per bee) and answering 2 questions with minimum 100 words per response.

Level 4 tasks would include writing a story or drawing an image of how the hive handles a raging storm (minimum of 400 words OR 1 full colored image) and answering 2 questions with minimum 200 words per response.

The rest of the levels would be much the same but with increased word counts and full colored images. Once all tasks are done for a particular level, members would post a form in a specific thread dedicated to leveling up, with links that show where all of the tasks were done. Members would be allowed to mix and match art or writing for tasks that give the option, as well. For example, for level 3, you could do 300 word biographies for all 3 bees, or 1 piece of art for each bee, or mix & match where you have 1 bee with a written bio and 2 with art. It doesn't all have to be the same.

So far, I have it where the Cardinal Queen (the main Queen of a hive) is not counted in the slots allowed. So finishing Level 1 would gain a member 10 slots, but they could have up to 11 bees as long as 1 of the bees is a Queen. The same goes for higher levels. For example, Level 3 = 1 Queen + 30 other bees while Level 5 = 1 Queen + 50 other bees. Multiple Queens would be allowed in 1 hive, but only 1 would be the Cardinal Queen and the rest Princesses.
πŸ”₯πŸ”₯πŸ”₯πŸ”₯πŸ”₯πŸ”₯πŸ”₯πŸ”₯πŸ”₯πŸ”₯πŸ”₯πŸ”₯πŸ”₯πŸ”₯πŸ”₯πŸ”₯πŸ”₯πŸ”₯πŸ”₯πŸ”₯πŸ”₯πŸ”₯πŸ”₯πŸ”₯πŸ”₯πŸ”₯πŸ”₯πŸ”₯πŸ”₯πŸ”₯πŸ”₯πŸ”₯
XXXXXXXXXX
XXXXX
XXXXX
female
Pisces
she/her/they/them
American
adult

ART SHOP

FURSONA

TOYHOUSE

Everyone wants happiness,
nobody wants pain,
you can't have a rainbow,
without a little rain

πŸŒˆπŸŒˆβ˜”πŸŒˆπŸŒˆ
XXXXXXXXXX

πŸ”₯πŸ”₯πŸ”₯πŸ”₯πŸ”₯πŸ”₯πŸ”₯πŸ”₯πŸ”₯πŸ”₯πŸ”₯πŸ”₯πŸ”₯πŸ”₯πŸ”₯πŸ”₯πŸ”₯πŸ”₯πŸ”₯πŸ”₯πŸ”₯πŸ”₯πŸ”₯πŸ”₯πŸ”₯πŸ”₯πŸ”₯πŸ”₯πŸ”₯πŸ”₯πŸ”₯πŸ”₯
rainbowpanda101

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby rainbowpanda101 » Sat Mar 16, 2024 12:27 pm

Added a new lineart! .3. I'm thinking this one would be the Drone lines?
Tried to do a bigger head/mandibles/stinger with a slightly smaller abdomen.

And this one would be the Queen, with the smaller head and larger abdomen!

Feedback is appreciated! ~<3
XXXXXXXXXX
XXXXX
XXXXX
female
Pisces
she/her/they/them
American
adult

ART SHOP

FURSONA

TOYHOUSE

nobody wants pain,
without a little rain

πŸŒˆπŸŒˆβ˜”πŸŒˆπŸŒˆ
XXXXXXXXXX

rainbowpanda101

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby rainbowpanda101 » Sun Mar 17, 2024 1:56 pm

Image Image Image
All 3 linearts are finished! They're pretty similar, but there are small differences!

I'd love to hear what others think about these!
XXXXXXXXXX
XXXXX
XXXXX
female
Pisces
she/her/they/them
American
adult

ART SHOP

FURSONA

TOYHOUSE

nobody wants pain,
without a little rain

πŸŒˆπŸŒˆβ˜”πŸŒˆπŸŒˆ
XXXXXXXXXX

rainbowpanda101

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Bijoux Bees - Interest check? 🐝

Postby Raptocidic » Wed Mar 20, 2024 8:17 am

rainbowpanda101 wrote:
Image Image Image
All 3 linearts are finished! They're pretty similar, but there are small differences!

I'd love to hear what others think about these!

Looks good so far! I am struggling to tell apart the drone and worker lines, I can't seem to find what is different between the two.
Raptocidic

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Mylioba » Sun May 05, 2024 9:45 pm

I am definitely looking forwards to this :0!
Jeb
Mer/He/They

Mylioba

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby rainbowpanda101 » Mon May 06, 2024 4:34 pm

Raptocidic wrote:I am struggling to tell apart the drone and worker lines, I can't seem to find what is different between the two.

Ah, that's probably because it switched them all back to the saved image for the Oekaki. :roll: I forgot it does that.

I saved each of them to my computer and uploaded them to imgur, so let's try sharing them again!

ImagexxxImagexxxImage

There we go! Now ya'll should be able to tell the differences between them.

The first one is the Drone. They have a bigger head/mandibles/stinger with a slightly smaller abdomen/wings.

The second one is the Queen. They have a medium sized head, larger abdomen, and smaller stinger/wings.

The third one is the Worker. They have smaller eyes, medium abdomen, and the biggest wings.

Been sorta busy with life & other projects so haven't had a chance to work on these guys much.
But they seem to be getting more interest despite having sat around for a month so I should get back to them...

XXXXXXXXXX
XXXXX
XXXXX
female
Pisces
she/her/they/them
American
adult

ART SHOP

FURSONA

TOYHOUSE

nobody wants pain,
without a little rain

πŸŒˆπŸŒˆβ˜”πŸŒˆπŸŒˆ
XXXXXXXXXX

rainbowpanda101

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Raptocidic » Tue May 07, 2024 7:10 am

I had spent a while trying to compare the images, I was wondering if I was missing something obvious, haha ^^'

The linearts look great, and I can tell the three apart fairly easily. I think the drone lines are my favourite, although I really like them all
Raptocidic

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me