Range Trotter STF#026 by ♥ soft

Based on Click to view
Artist ♥ soft [gallery]
Time spent 3 hours, 56 minutes
Drawing sessions 2
17 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Range Trotter STF#026

Postby ♥ soft » Mon May 13, 2024 7:33 am

Range Trotters are the result of crossbreeding Orlov Trotters, Finnhorses, Welsh Cobs (section C & D) and Hanoverians. Later crosses of Quarter Horses, Paint and Appaloosas to gain color and to give a boost to their hardiness.With a height average of 13-15 hands, they're a hardy breed with characteristics for various disciplines.

Created for use as work, carriage and leisure riding horses originally, they now serve as long-distance range horses, such as work with Park Rangers and mounted officers.

Willing and eager personalities, most are quickly trained to be bombproof and therefore trusted mounts in all lines of work; some are being seen in local show jumping competitions, others are notably used in therapeutic sessions for their calm temperaments. Harness races and endurance trials are common for the breed, as they are able to sustain an extended trot without tire. Cross-Country competitions see some of the taller Trotters, but due to their cob lineage this is still uncommon.

Despite the variety of competitions and work these horses are being seen in, they are still famously skilled as endurance racers. Many competitors have chosen Range Trotters due to their tireless work ethic, as well as the ease in which they can be trained. Many have become champions in endurance trials, and they have quickly become a sought after breed for their natural ability.

this was so funnn c:
this shiny finny friend was inspired loosely by a bass fish

How will the trotter get along with other pets at home, considering it's past with pirates?
don't stress about the length of your answer - quality over quantity always c:

End Date: 17th of May, 2024 AEST

Username:
Show Name:
Barn Name:
Eye Color: Golden Glimmer
Phenotype: Masked Sooty Olive Buckskin Yellow Edged Kraken
Genotype: Ee Aa Crcr Stysty MstyMsty Olvolv Yeye Krkkrk
    - Will always pass one copy of Masked Sooty (Mstymsty), requires two to express
    - Fin, mane and tail edits pass at artist's discretion

Code: Select all
[b]Username:[/b]
[b]Show Name:[/b]
[b]Barn Name:[/b]
[b]Gender:[/b]
[b]Height:[/b]
[b]Halter Color:[/b]
[b]Prompt:[/b]
    xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    x
    x
    x
    x
    x
    x
    x
    x
    x

henlo, i'm soft c:
    she/her • chronically ill • adult
    i love colouring ponies ♥

character storage
♥ soft

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Range Trotter STF#026

Postby Spiritstar3 » Mon May 13, 2024 10:52 am

Username:
Spiritstar3
Show Name:
WR A Sunny Sky
Barn Name:
Sunie
Height:
15.3 hands
Halter Color:
Golden-brown
Prompt:
Considering pirates aren't animals...she has no problems with animals. Though the pirates did have a parrot or two, but she was actually friends with them. She and the parrot(s) became friends. She honestly misses the bird(s), but now she has new animals to become friends with. There's cats, two dogs, some rabbits and even a chinchilla. She only really sees the cats and dogs, but maybe one day she can see the chinchilla and rabbits.
Spiritstar3

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Taxidea » Mon May 13, 2024 1:17 pm

Username: Taxidea
Show Name: TT Friend Like Me
Barn Name: Jin
Height: 12hh
Halter Color: artist's choice!
Prompt: Jin was soooo lonely on the pirate ship. Being a captive is no fun, so he is just happy to make friends with anyone he meets now that he's free! And Jin has the kind of personality that even those animals that wouldn't normally be kind to another are charmed by Jin. The farm's old curmudgeonly livestock guarding dog, Beau, avoids anyone and everything except for his flock. That was, until Jin showed up and won Beau over. Now Beau, while still keeping an eye on his sheep, will preferentially stand with Jin as he grazes.
Taxidea

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby arcadia. » Mon May 13, 2024 1:34 pm

Username: arcadia.
    Show Name: wr’s the love of tiny things
    Barn Name: driftwood / drift
    Height: 14.3hh
    Halter Color: artist’s choice, maybe wood?
    Prompt:

after we had sent all of the pirates scurrying back to their hobbit-holes we found drift. we
      decided to take in the poor girl as we felt an instant connection to her. we brought her in to our stables. we immediately noticed that she felt unsettled; that something was off. we tried changing her feed, her
      bedding, even bringing in an older horse to help her settle down. we were very worried for her, had we made the wrong choice? i personally, was concerned about her happiness, and consequently her health. one day, in the afternoon after we had our annual fundraiser, we noticed that she had perked up. we were confused, very confused. eventually we realized that she felt more comfy with the hustle and bustle of people as well as upbeat music! we eventually figured out that even though she hated being a captive of those stinky, stinky pirates, she enjoyed the commotion of the constant chatter and upbeat sea shanties of the ship, and especially the squawking and crying of the gulls. we now have moved her to the busiest area of our barn and she’s much happier. she loves all the animals that she gets to see! her favourite animals aren’t the other ponies or even our two stable dogs or cats, it’s the sparrows! they roost in her stall and she even lets them sit on her! we realized after so long that our poor drift needed the sounds of the sea life to be truly content <33

───── ❝ the sea said goodbye to the shore
    so the sun wouldn't notice ─────xxx
    e + she her + queer + artist + omam
    momento mori
    et carpe diem

arcadia.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ImogenEquine » Mon May 13, 2024 5:28 pm

Username: ImogenEquine
Show Name: Sunken Treasure
Barn Name: Rory
Height: 11.3 hh
Halter Color: shimmery-sparkly-anything-u-like :")
Prompt: As pirates are fans of treasure, they were especially fond of Rory. She got the nicest stall they had (none were great, but still, the best of the bunch) and was often snuck treats by the kinder pirates, as they saw her as a living, glittering piece of treasure. That being the case, when Rory moved into her new home, she was a bit offended by the lack of favouritism and was quick to become jealous of the other animals around her when they received attention. For example, she'd loudly announce her displeasure when she spotted me petting the barn cat or feeding the other horses in the barn before her (I swear I was just going in order down the row of stalls, but she didn't care for my efficiency-based feeding method).

She's getting a bit better as time goes on, but the first little while was *rough*.
╔══════════════════════╗

you don't have to say 'I love you' to say 'I love you'

my poor mental health is a WIP, much like this sig
feel free to pm me to chat or anything c:

⠀ ⠀⠀ artist ♘ d&d player ♘ sapphic ♘ adopts ⠀⠀⠀ Image

╚══════════════════════╝
══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════
⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ (my goodness, I hope to own a cinnamon roll some day)
⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ Image
ImogenEquine

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Archaeopteryx. » Tue May 14, 2024 8:23 am

Username: Archaeopteryx.
Show Name: To Worship Fool's Gold
Barn Name: Pyrite
Height: 13.6hh
Halter Color: artist's choice!
Prompt: Pyrite is a sweet and soft girl, but one who is incapable of interacting positively with other creatures. The pirates didn't really have enough room on their ship to be holding as many horses as they should (something temporary, as they were transporting them to another location) and the time, however temporary, left Pyrite incapable of interacting positively with any other creature, but particularly other horses, cats, and parrots. She does, however, adore humans and particularly children, as the cabin boy would often sneak her treats and food when no one was paying attention, and she remembers that kindness.

──────────────────────
it/its
─────────
Obsessive worldbuilder,
enjoyer of speculative fiction
and stories about apocalypses.

─────────
ImageImageImage
──────────────────────
Archaeopteryx.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby -Shadow_Thorn- » Tue May 14, 2024 11:50 am

Username: -Shadow_Thorn-
Show Name: A Hint Of Gold
Barn Name: Glimmer
Height: 15.1hh
Halter Color: same as eyes
Prompt: Glimmer's excited to be around other horses again, but his social skills are a little rusty. He'll have to be put in with a very easygoing horse first who gives lots of warning signs before they kick, and have lots of time over the fence to get acquainted safely first. However, it'll be great to watch him make some friends!
Pet's name: The Tortured Worms Department
-Shadow_Thorn-

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby galaxyy. » Thu May 16, 2024 5:16 am

Username: galaxyy.
    Show Name: All That Glitters is Not Gold
    Barn Name: Midas
    Height: 14.2hh
    Halter Color: something matchy <3
    Prompt:

midas was undoubtedly the pirates' most prized treasure—we all know why. glimmering, glistening, oh-so-enticing gold... who wouldn't desire a creature quite literally forged from it? he was a living, breathing fortune no one could resist. wasn't that the nature of man? to be overcome with greed when faced with such a thing? needless to say, he was not happy about being held captive by a bunch of treasure-hungry mongrels. he wasn't kept with other horses on the ship, no. his captors were so enthralled by his aurelian anatomy that they held him in a vault with the rest of their treasures instead.

after his rescue, he found himself following the other horses to the place they called home. it was lonely, for a while. though the other horses tried their best to accommodate him and make him feel at home, he just.. didn't quite seem to fit. while there were no "pets" in the sense of human-animal bonds like those on the ship and in the pirates' keep, some of the other horses did have companions of their own. midas never thought he would find that kind of bond for himself, having been alone his whole life, nothing more than a wayward treasure for people to desire from afar. that was until he came across cybele. she was a daring little crow, one that he hadn't thought much of until she landed on his head and wouldn't leave him alone. perhaps she was only interested in him because of how shiny he was, but he had to admit, it was nice having someone to keep him company. he could get used to that.
galaxyy.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby heyheygirl101 » Fri May 17, 2024 10:46 am

Username: heyheygirl101
Show Name: LLE I'll Crawl Home To Her
Barn Name: Hozier
Height: 13.2 hh
Halter Color: surprise
Prompt: One may think that due to the time Hozier spent among the pirates he would be unkind and untoward his new found family. But where others saw criminals and evil, Hozier saw only a band of merry men who's choices had led them astray from the normality's of common society. Hozier had never come to harm at their hands, but instead had spent many a nights listening to the revelry and song, becoming so accustomed to the nightly chorus of cheer that being among a much quieter group was hard to become used to again. So Hozier took it upon himself to teach his new family and friends the songs he had learned if only to have a little piece of the ocean back with him.

𝒴𝑜𝓊 𝓀𝓃𝑜𝓌, 𝒞𝓇𝑜𝓌𝓁𝑒𝓎,
𝐼’𝓋𝑒 𝒶𝓁𝓌𝒶𝓎𝓈 𝓈𝒶𝒾𝒹 𝓉𝒽𝒶𝓉, 𝒹𝑒𝑒𝓅 𝒹𝑜𝓌𝓃 𝒾𝓃𝓈𝒾𝒹𝑒, 𝓎𝑜𝓊’𝓇𝑒 𝓇𝑒𝒶𝓁𝓁𝓎 𝓆𝓊𝒾𝓉𝑒 𝒶...

╔═════════════════════════╗
Hiya! I'm Heyhey <3
Pronouns are she/her and I am a proud bisexual Image
Trades are always open just may not always be accepted.
Links to my character storage below

╚═════════════════════════╝

𝒜𝓁𝓁 𝓇𝒾𝑔𝒽𝓉, 𝒶𝓁𝓁 𝓇𝒾𝑔𝒽𝓉,
𝒯𝑒𝓁𝓁 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝓌𝒽𝑜𝓁𝑒
𝒷𝓁𝑒𝓈𝓈𝑒𝒹 𝓌𝑜𝓇𝓁𝒹, 𝓌𝒽𝓎 𝒹𝑜𝓃’𝓉 𝓎𝑜𝓊?
heyheygirl101

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Embergleam » Sat May 18, 2024 10:48 am

Username: Embergleam
Show Name: RRS Better Days
Barn Name: Eden
Height: 11.3 hh
Halter Color: Artist's choice
Prompt:
Given Eden's decidedly unhappy past, the inhabitants of Raven Ridge assumed she'd hate everything that wasn't another mer-trotter. With this in mind, they went to great lengths to prepare a safe and accommodating space for her. Her 'decompression pasture' was set up well away from the hustle and bustle of the main stable buildings. The windows of her stall were covered in drapes, the turnouts next to hers were emptied, and a white noise machine was set up to drown out any errant voices.

Imagine their surprise, then, when Eden marched off the trailer, whirled around, and promptly stuck her muzzle in the nearest human's hands.

The pirates hadn't so much as dented Eden's love for the world and everyone in it. If anything, they'd magnified it.

Within hours of her arrival Eden's stall more closely resembled an ark. One of the barn cats immediately took up residence beneath her manger. Swallows and mourning doves began nesting in the rafters, occasionally swooping down to steal beakfuls of Eden's grain. Elk- rare in the high desert, and near as tall as Eden herself- ghosted in and out of the brush at the far edges of her pasture, peering at the new arrival with bright and curious eyes. Even the stables' compliment of shepherds found excuses to linger around the mer-trotter's home, as enamored of her as she was of them.

Eden was visibly thrilled by all the company in her new home, and showered them with as much affection as they showed her. She scattered grain for the birds, stepped carefully over dogs and cats, moved slowly so as not to scare the elk who grazed alongside her. The humans of Raven Ridge became her friends, but the animals became her family.

Entirely without meaning to, they showed her that there was life and light on the far side of trauma.
Be the nonsense you wish to see in the world.
He/him| Image | ADHD
Raven Ridge Stables
Embergleam

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me