Based on Click to view
Artist .The Bootless Box. [gallery]
Time spent 1 hour, 19 minutes
Drawing sessions 3
8 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

LoC #148 - Closed

Postby .The Bootless Box. » Tue May 01, 2018 5:11 pm

Lions of the Cosmos Civil War
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Main Adopts | Species Info | Archives | Archive Update Forms | Nursery | Fan Club | Customs | ReVamps

DA Group | Re-Colors | Website | Gift Lines | LoC Redemption Thread | Bank | Contest Thread

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Welcome Travelers (AKA Future L.O.C. Owners)
This is adopt No. 148 of Version 5 of L.O.C! To be eligible to adopt you must mark the main thread, and fill out the form below! You must fill out a form for this LoC. This community is focused around participation and just really being a part of the group. If you are not up for being active in the community, please do not apply :c
Feel free to also join our Discord!

this guy was inspired by rain, and partially that saying that goes, "April showers bring May flowers"
    He'll be a pretty simple contest, with unlimited extras. You can only choose one of the two elements below.
    I'll be judging based on quality, effort, creativity, and how you incorporate the element you choose.
    This contest ends on May 18th, at 11:59 pm EST, good luck, and if you have any questions, feel free to pm/dm me!
    Username: demonthief.
    Name: Deodatus
    Element: Water
    Allegiance strong ties to the Oasis
Winner and info above
Last edited by .The Bootless Box. on Thu Jun 07, 2018 4:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
h

Riding a horse is not a gentle hobby,
-------------------------------------------------
Da - Characters - LOC - WOI

.The Bootless Box.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: LoC #148 - Open

Postby A̡͞B̶US̢͞E̶D̵ » Wed May 02, 2018 12:06 pm

Username: Abused
        Name: Aaddhar
        Element: Life
        Allegiance Pride
        Personality:
        History/Story: [tell me a story involving him, and/or his history]
        Extras:

HELLO
    ImageImage
    ImageImage
    I'm A̡͞B̶US̢͞E̶D̵ , feel free to call me Jay ★
    I am an artist ★ I work constantly ★
    ToyhouseMy DATumblr
A̡͞B̶US̢͞E̶D̵

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby demonthief. » Thu May 03, 2018 6:57 pm

─────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
─────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
        + BASIC INFORMATION:
    Name: Nereus
    Nickname: doesn't have any.
    Meaning: Derived from Greek νηρος (neros) meaning "water".
    Allegiance: Strong ties to the Oasis
    Element: Water -

A lion with the gift of water can: Move major amounts of water, pull water out from the ground,
    manipulate it's shape, thrust it with great force. (Must have water nearby to use abilities)
    taken from the LOC information site.

+ DETAILS:
    Build, Looks + Mannerisms: Nereus was a small cub but was extremely fluffy, a gene that his parent's couldn't pin down to its origin. This fluffiness calmed down after his growth, but it is quite dense and fine, also velvety to touch which is easy to groom in a lazy afternoon. This type of fur makes him quite 'water proof'. His eye glow was particularly bright, especially as a young cub but was more prominent as an adult and he enjoys getting cubs to guess what they think his eye colour is. His warrior mane is rather soft and much to his dismay, tends to get stick up at awkward angles after he has been swimming and due to it being on top of his head, rather hard to groom back into shape. His pelt is made up of soft blues with dark navy points on his tail, feet, muzzle and underbelly. White lines swirl around his body, his mother used to call him her little whirlpool. A short lion who has a rather quick pace with long strides, tail constantly bouncing with every movement. Holds himself very well, and has a talent to be able to adapt to each lion he speaks to, whether it is maintaining eye contact for those confident lions or being sparse if a lion is shy or uncomfortable with such body language. While he walks he tends to mutter or hum to himself, this don't mean he is in a foul mood however.
    Voice: It is rather a smooth voice to listen to, usually stays in a low, unhurried tone. The pitch can raise quite substantially when he is excited, stressed or angry. This can cause his usual preciseness with words to disappear quite quickly. His laughter is bright and infectious, tends to snort.
    Scent: soft, like an incoming storm.
    Height: 12'3''

+ QUICK RELATIONS:
    Family: 
      Mother:  Vela [deceased; left the Oasis at 1500 years to find a resting place out of the Oasis]
      Father: Junius  [deceased; left the Oasis with his mate to find a resting place out of the Oasis]
      Siblings: None

Partner: None.
    Past Love(s): None
    Children: None.

+ PERSONALITY:

Hardworking + Practical

Nereus is a very hard working soul, he rises early to make sure that there is a lesson planned for the day and tries to learn as much as he can about his students. The lion prides himself on having a good relationship with students. Believes that tasks can be done quicker with friends but is independent to take matters into his own hands if it is asked of him or if he doesn't want to bother others with a matter that he could do on his own. The lion's head isn't in the clouds, he is realistic and practical about the world around him.

Caring + Supportive + Selfless
    Deep down he cares for all those around him and will do anything in his power to support a friend, bring confidence to a cub and be a friendly lion that others feel comfortable to come to. With his students taking up the most of his time, he does have a soft spot for them and dedicates his time and resources to bring them the best education as well and find them a rank that will suit them when they grow. Knows all too well how the incorrect rank can lead to years of self-doubt. Regardless of his nervousness, he has a willingness to step outside of his comfort zone and take on the unknown for the sake of supporting his friends. Despite being fearful and at times hesitant, he pushes himself forward. It isn't about him, it is about those around him. What they are feeling, thinking and if there is something wrong, what he can do to help alleviate that pressure or sadness.

Harsh + Stubborn + Proud
    While Nereus is supportive of his students and will do anything in his power to support them, sometimes his methods are indeed 'tough love'. He doesn't tolerant faults in others. However, this judgment is usually also directed towards himself. He says what he thinks with very little filter at times and they don`t sugar-coat their opinions before putting them across. This harshness does not always go down well with some cubs or their parents but Nereus always does it for a reason, never just to hurt someone's feelings. The male wants those around him succeed and must be faced with the harsh realities even as a cub so when they go on their The Dawning of Light ceremony, they are able to protect themselves and it is clear what they need to work on. He's a stubborn lion and cursed with pride. Satisfied with what he has achieved in his life especially regarding his students. Nereus loves watching the cubs he taught grow up to be strong lions who are playing their part in the world, whether that is staying in the Oasis or journeying outside the large gates. This pride paired with his stubbornness means that he often doesn't ask for help from anyone and unwilling to change his way of thinking about something, relating to his teaching methods.

Animated + Knowledgeable + Social
    Nereus is extremely animated when he talks, tail constantly moving and paws gesturing when he can. This comes into great effect when he is telling myths and legends to his students and utilises his water bending abilities to help better engage his students. His knowledge is well rounded. Focuses on elemental skills, knowledge as well as the different ranks, their history as well as the skills involved. The history of their pride is one of his favoured subjects, war strategies on the other hand are his least favoured subjects but won't turn away any cub who wishes to learn such things. Not an anti-social lion by any means, enjoys conversation more than anything. Nereus likes to be around others, able to adapt to any social situations with apparently little effort. Tends to flock around lions who can make him laugh.

Polite + Nervous + Softy
    Eloquent as an Victorian gentleman, at least the lion likes to think so. The male is unmistakably polite to every lion he meets, a habit drilled into his brain by his parents ever since he was little. In this way, Nereus doesn't swear and gets rather hot and bothered when he hears others using such foul language, especially when around his students. A trait he hides well is his nervousness, Nereus has lots of anxieties and is prone to following the same routines during the day. While he trots around like a proud gentleman, he has such a soft spot for cubs. With his fur and mane being so soft, Nereus is a popular 'climbing' target but while he spends all his day with cubs, he gets nervous handling very young cubs. The lion believes that cubs are the future for the Oasis, big personalities and dreams in balls of fluff.

+ TRIVIA:

- While he doesn't have any 'set' nickname Nereus will respond to any name thrown his way and often has the tendency to turning to names that aren't even his.
    - As a cub he had the horrible habit of nibbling and chewing his paws. While he grew out of the habit, he does tend to chew on his paws when extremely stressed.
    - Due to his dense fur, he can swim in freezing water without feelings its effects and he adores swimming whenever he can. His blue fur is practically waterproof.
    - Being a short lion, he can't help but feel dismayed whenever he meets his old students who now tower over him.
    - Has a secret passion for learning and telling horror stories. Often at the end of a lesson, he'll recite one to his class.
    - Battled with his parents as a cub, their disappointment of his non-physical rank obvious but Nereus was determined to prove them wrong. The first in his line to not have a guard/fighter rank.
    - Likes to play fun games with his class, hovering a ball of water over each cub's head as two are quizzed. Whoever loses gets the water ball dropped on their head. Nereus likes to call it 'Splash Quiz'.
    -The smaller the cub, the more soft and gentle the lion is. "But goodness, I don't handle the children, I just teach and grade." Particularly nervous around newborns.

+ STORY:
    "Now dear little Nereus what is wrong? You got very quiet when I was going through the history of every rank," the older lion peered down at the little cub whose smile slowly changed to a thoughtful frown. "My parents told me that I had to be a guard just like them," Nereus said slowly, eyes shifting from his teacher to his feet. "My father is a guard, my mother is a guard, my grandparents were guards…" he began reciting what he had been told for most of his young life whenever he asked what rank they thought he could be. The older lion chuckled, lifting a white paw to pat Nereus' soft head who stopped speaking. "What?" the cub frowned, "What's funny?" The lion gestured for the cub to follow after he mumbled he would walk the cub home. The cub spoke up again, tone sober and eyes glowing softly. "My parents have told me to give up thinking about other ranks but, I don't think I would be a great fighter."

The lion cleared his throat, peering up at the stalls they passed before speaking up. "Nereus, I know that your parents have been rather disapproving of your interest with the non-physical ranks but you need to know that you can make your own path. In the end it is up to the guides who would have taught and got to know your skills. They will be the ones to help place you in a rank that will suit you. Regardless of what your parents think." Nereus looked up at his teacher "But, I'm afraid that I'll disappoint them if I don't get that rank.." His parents were amazing guards, keeping peace inside the Oasis walls and while he looked up to them, Nereus wasn't sure he would ever live up to their greatness. His teacher gave him a slow nod in understanding, "You know Nereus, I worried about the same thing when I was given my rank." The cub looked at the taller lion, mouth open and tail swaying. "Indeed. My parents had important ranks but I'll tell you what they told me. "Every rank has their purpose, whether it is protecting lions from threats or teaching the new and upcoming minds or creating wonderful things for your fellow lions to use. We all play our part"" the lion finished, stopping slowly outside the cub's den.

Nereus light pink eyes flickered from his teacher to his feet for a moment, thinking. "So, just because you don't get a rank that your parents want, that doesn’t mean you won't be amazing in the rank you are given. "After a moment of silence, Nereus looked up at the taller, white lion with a small smile. "Thank you. That helped. Really," he chirped before trotting into his den. Feeling better about the future. "See you tomorrow!" he called from the darkness before going to find his parents.
Last edited by demonthief. on Fri May 18, 2018 10:01 pm, edited 4 times in total.
demonthief.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Karasugoi » Fri May 04, 2018 12:08 pm

Username: Edge-
    Name: Arashi
    Element: Water
    Allegiance rebels
    Personality: Rebellious, sarcastic, has a harsh way of saying things. Arashi is like a storm, always getting mad even at the slightest of things, beware of his 'thunder' for he will make you tremble.
    History/Story: [tell me a story involving him, and/or his history]
    Extras:
Karasugoi

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby .The Bootless Box. » Sun Jun 03, 2018 3:38 pm

demonthief. wrote:

+ BASIC INFORMATION:
    Name: Nereus
    Nickname: doesn't have any.
    Meaning: Derived from Greek νηρος (neros) meaning "water".
    Allegiance: Strong ties to the Oasis
    Element: Water -

A lion with the gift of water can: Move major amounts of water, pull water out from the ground,
    manipulate it's shape, thrust it with great force. (Must have water nearby to use abilities)
    taken from the LOC information site.

+ DETAILS:
    Build, Looks + Mannerisms: Nereus was a small cub but was extremely fluffy, a gene that his parent's couldn't pin down to its origin. This fluffiness calmed down after his growth, but it is quite dense and fine, also velvety to touch which is easy to groom in a lazy afternoon. This type of fur makes him quite 'water proof'. His eye glow was particularly bright, especially as a young cub but was more prominent as an adult and he enjoys getting cubs to guess what they think his eye colour is. His warrior mane is rather soft and much to his dismay, tends to get stick up at awkward angles after he has been swimming and due to it being on top of his head, rather hard to groom back into shape. His pelt is made up of soft blues with dark navy points on his tail, feet, muzzle and underbelly. White lines swirl around his body, his mother used to call him her little whirlpool. A short lion who has a rather quick pace with long strides, tail constantly bouncing with every movement. Holds himself very well, and has a talent to be able to adapt to each lion he speaks to, whether it is maintaining eye contact for those confident lions or being sparse if a lion is shy or uncomfortable with such body language. While he walks he tends to mutter or hum to himself, this don't mean he is in a foul mood however.
    Voice: It is rather a smooth voice to listen to, usually stays in a low, unhurried tone. The pitch can raise quite substantially when he is excited, stressed or angry. This can cause his usual preciseness with words to disappear quite quickly. His laughter is bright and infectious, tends to snort.
    Scent: soft, like an incoming storm.
    Height: 12'3''

+ QUICK RELATIONS:
    Family: 
      Mother:  Vela [deceased; left the Oasis at 1500 years to find a resting place out of the Oasis]
      Father: Junius  [deceased; left the Oasis with his mate to find a resting place out of the Oasis]
      Siblings: None

Partner: None.
    Past Love(s): None
    Children: None.

+ PERSONALITY:

Hardworking + Practical

Nereus is a very hard working soul, he rises early to make sure that there is a lesson planned for the day and tries to learn as much as he can about his students. The lion prides himself on having a good relationship with students. Believes that tasks can be done quicker with friends but is independent to take matters into his own hands if it is asked of him or if he doesn't want to bother others with a matter that he could do on his own. The lion's head isn't in the clouds, he is realistic and practical about the world around him.

Caring + Supportive + Selfless
    Deep down he cares for all those around him and will do anything in his power to support a friend, bring confidence to a cub and be a friendly lion that others feel comfortable to come to. With his students taking up the most of his time, he does have a soft spot for them and dedicates his time and resources to bring them the best education as well and find them a rank that will suit them when they grow. Knows all too well how the incorrect rank can lead to years of self-doubt. Regardless of his nervousness, he has a willingness to step outside of his comfort zone and take on the unknown for the sake of supporting his friends. Despite being fearful and at times hesitant, he pushes himself forward. It isn't about him, it is about those around him. What they are feeling, thinking and if there is something wrong, what he can do to help alleviate that pressure or sadness.

Harsh + Stubborn + Proud
    While Nereus is supportive of his students and will do anything in his power to support them, sometimes his methods are indeed 'tough love'. He doesn't tolerant faults in others. However, this judgment is usually also directed towards himself. He says what he thinks with very little filter at times and they don`t sugar-coat their opinions before putting them across. This harshness does not always go down well with some cubs or their parents but Nereus always does it for a reason, never just to hurt someone's feelings. The male wants those around him succeed and must be faced with the harsh realities even as a cub so when they go on their The Dawning of Light ceremony, they are able to protect themselves and it is clear what they need to work on. He's a stubborn lion and cursed with pride. Satisfied with what he has achieved in his life especially regarding his students. Nereus loves watching the cubs he taught grow up to be strong lions who are playing their part in the world, whether that is staying in the Oasis or journeying outside the large gates. This pride paired with his stubbornness means that he often doesn't ask for help from anyone and unwilling to change his way of thinking about something, relating to his teaching methods.

Animated + Knowledgeable + Social
    Nereus is extremely animated when he talks, tail constantly moving and paws gesturing when he can. This comes into great effect when he is telling myths and legends to his students and utilises his water bending abilities to help better engage his students. His knowledge is well rounded. Focuses on elemental skills, knowledge as well as the different ranks, their history as well as the skills involved. The history of their pride is one of his favoured subjects, war strategies on the other hand are his least favoured subjects but won't turn away any cub who wishes to learn such things. Not an anti-social lion by any means, enjoys conversation more than anything. Nereus likes to be around others, able to adapt to any social situations with apparently little effort. Tends to flock around lions who can make him laugh.

Polite + Nervous + Softy
    Eloquent as an Victorian gentleman, at least the lion likes to think so. The male is unmistakably polite to every lion he meets, a habit drilled into his brain by his parents ever since he was little. In this way, Nereus doesn't swear and gets rather hot and bothered when he hears others using such foul language, especially when around his students. A trait he hides well is his nervousness, Nereus has lots of anxieties and is prone to following the same routines during the day. While he trots around like a proud gentleman, he has such a soft spot for cubs. With his fur and mane being so soft, Nereus is a popular 'climbing' target but while he spends all his day with cubs, he gets nervous handling very young cubs. The lion believes that cubs are the future for the Oasis, big personalities and dreams in balls of fluff.

+ TRIVIA:

- While he doesn't have any 'set' nickname Nereus will respond to any name thrown his way and often has the tendency to turning to names that aren't even his.
    - As a cub he had the horrible habit of nibbling and chewing his paws. While he grew out of the habit, he does tend to chew on his paws when extremely stressed.
    - Due to his dense fur, he can swim in freezing water without feelings its effects and he adores swimming whenever he can. His blue fur is practically waterproof.
    - Being a short lion, he can't help but feel dismayed whenever he meets his old students who now tower over him.
    - Has a secret passion for learning and telling horror stories. Often at the end of a lesson, he'll recite one to his class.
    - Battled with his parents as a cub, their disappointment of his non-physical rank obvious but Nereus was determined to prove them wrong. The first in his line to not have a guard/fighter rank.
    - Likes to play fun games with his class, hovering a ball of water over each cub's head as two are quizzed. Whoever loses gets the water ball dropped on their head. Nereus likes to call it 'Splash Quiz'.
    -The smaller the cub, the more soft and gentle the lion is. "But goodness, I don't handle the children, I just teach and grade." Particularly nervous around newborns.

+ STORY:
    "Now dear little Nereus what is wrong? You got very quiet when I was going through the history of every rank," the older lion peered down at the little cub whose smile slowly changed to a thoughtful frown. "My parents told me that I had to be a guard just like them," Nereus said slowly, eyes shifting from his teacher to his feet. "My father is a guard, my mother is a guard, my grandparents were guards…" he began reciting what he had been told for most of his young life whenever he asked what rank they thought he could be. The older lion chuckled, lifting a white paw to pat Nereus' soft head who stopped speaking. "What?" the cub frowned, "What's funny?" The lion gestured for the cub to follow after he mumbled he would walk the cub home. The cub spoke up again, tone sober and eyes glowing softly. "My parents have told me to give up thinking about other ranks but, I don't think I would be a great fighter."

The lion cleared his throat, peering up at the stalls they passed before speaking up. "Nereus, I know that your parents have been rather disapproving of your interest with the non-physical ranks but you need to know that you can make your own path. In the end it is up to the guides who would have taught and got to know your skills. They will be the ones to help place you in a rank that will suit you. Regardless of what your parents think." Nereus looked up at his teacher "But, I'm afraid that I'll disappoint them if I don't get that rank.." His parents were amazing guards, keeping peace inside the Oasis walls and while he looked up to them, Nereus wasn't sure he would ever live up to their greatness. His teacher gave him a slow nod in understanding, "You know Nereus, I worried about the same thing when I was given my rank." The cub looked at the taller lion, mouth open and tail swaying. "Indeed. My parents had important ranks but I'll tell you what they told me. "Every rank has their purpose, whether it is protecting lions from threats or teaching the new and upcoming minds or creating wonderful things for your fellow lions to use. We all play our part"" the lion finished, stopping slowly outside the cub's den.

Nereus light pink eyes flickered from his teacher to his feet for a moment, thinking. "So, just because you don't get a rank that your parents want, that doesn’t mean you won't be amazing in the rank you are given. "After a moment of silence, Nereus looked up at the taller, white lion with a small smile. "Thank you. That helped. Really," he chirped before trotting into his den. Feeling better about the future. "See you tomorrow!" he called from the darkness before going to find his parents.

Congratulations demonthief. you win! There is only one problem with your form, the name Nereus is already taken. The staff asks that you change his name, and I'd be happy to help if you need help finding one or seeing if it's been used.
h

.The Bootless Box.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby demonthief. » Mon Jun 04, 2018 4:54 pm

Thank you.
    And I did go looking through the archives to see if the name was taken. Was there an updated list that I could have consulted?
    I will update with a name shortly.
    EDIT: his new name is Deodatus.
demonthief.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby .The Bootless Box. » Thu Jun 07, 2018 4:17 pm

No problem,
    Besides this more updated one, no there isn't.
    But once everything has been moved to DA it should be much easier.
    The current Nereus is an event adopt, one of the lake cubs so i'm not sure what happened??
    but, I am sorry you looked and this still happened though!
    I do like his new name! Don't forget to post a form to move him to DA!
h

.The Bootless Box.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups