Carolina Shepherd A-0523 by Julius525

Based on Click to view
Artist Julius525 [gallery]
Time spent 23 minutes
Drawing sessions 2
5 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Carolina Shepherd A-0523

Postby Julius525 » Fri May 03, 2024 10:51 am

Tell me, how does the vitiligo affect this dog's life if it affects them at all? - Ends in 5 days.

Owner: Baobabel
Name: Creepin' Kudzu // Kudzu
Phenotype: Solid black and vitiligo
Genotype: Ayaw BB Ccs Dd EE hh Kbky ll mm SS tt UU
FF OO PP RR
LuLu MlMl vv ZZ
Health: Healthy
Height: 23 in
Weight: 46 lbs
Equipment: None
Traits: None

Lineage:

SSS: Unknown
SSD: Unknown
SDS: Unknown
SDD: Unknown
SS: Unknown
SD: Unknown
Sire: Unknown
DSS: Unknown
DSD: Unknown
DDS: Unknown
DDD: Unknown
DS: Unknown
DD: Unknown
Dam: Unknown
Last edited by Julius525 on Sat May 11, 2024 7:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Julius525

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Carolina Shepherd A-0523 - Available!

Postby Shenanergans » Mon May 06, 2024 2:32 pm

Owner: Me, hopefully ^^ (Shenanergans if we're meant to put our usernames here)
Name: Athena
Name meaning: (Optional)
Prompt: They definitely get quite a bit of attention and all of my love ♡ I've always found Vitiligo to be a beautiful condition
Image ImageImage
Shenanergans

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Rawr-Horse » Thu May 09, 2024 6:11 am

Owner: Rawr-Horse
Name: VHIK Running Out Of Time // Lakshmi
Name meaning: Lakshmi means "sign, mark" in Sanskrit! As well as being the name of the Hindu goddess of prosperity, good luck, and beauty. He was named purposefully :>
Prompt:
For the most part, vitiligo doesn't affect the general day-to-day of his life. Lakshmi lives an otherwise normal working dog life and routine. He does get stopped while out and about, or at the vet, where they often ask his age, assuming the dog is just a very active, but also older, dog, thinking his vitiligo is actually just old age greying. Many, then, especially those out on random encounters, engage further with him and his handler, as they talk about his actual condition.

Some few, rarely, have judged him or thought he may be intimidating or "Scary" as they see the white on his face as either an omen/sign of ill intent or poor health, or simply think it is eerily similar to a "skull" and find him overall unappealing, but those people are few and far between, and don't tend to leave many lasting effects on Lakshmi and his overall life.
He is otherwise a happy and healthy dog :>

It's better to light a candle than to curse the darkness.

Rawr-Horse

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Baobabel » Thu May 09, 2024 8:38 am

Owner: Baobabel
Name meaning: Kudzu is a lovely plant native to Asia. It was introduced to the south east in America and has become a highly invasive species. It's a cool plant but has unfortunately taken over the south, slowly creeping and covering all other vegetation (and buildings lol).
Prompt:
Kudzu's vitiligo doesn't really impact her life. She and the pack tend to not even notice it. It's really only when they're out in public that she remembers about it.
People often think she's an old dog because of the white hairs. Then she blows them away by moving fast and agile with her young body!
The only time it bothers her is when people think it's some kind of disease. They rear back when they see her, give her looks of disgust, and try to keep their dogs from getting too close. During these times, her friends make sure to be extra affectionate with her. Luckily her pack (dogs and humans alike), always stands up for her. They spread awareness about the condition and don't let anyone treat her different.
Baobabel

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Carolina Shepherd A-0523

Postby Julius525 » Sat May 11, 2024 7:08 pm

Baobabel wrote:Owner: Baobabel
Name meaning: Kudzu is a lovely plant native to Asia. It was introduced to the south east in America and has become a highly invasive species. It's a cool plant but has unfortunately taken over the south, slowly creeping and covering all other vegetation (and buildings lol).
Prompt:
Kudzu's vitiligo doesn't really impact her life. She and the pack tend to not even notice it. It's really only when they're out in public that she remembers about it.
People often think she's an old dog because of the white hairs. Then she blows them away by moving fast and agile with her young body!
The only time it bothers her is when people think it's some kind of disease. They rear back when they see her, give her looks of disgust, and try to keep their dogs from getting too close. During these times, her friends make sure to be extra affectionate with her. Luckily her pack (dogs and humans alike), always stands up for her. They spread awareness about the condition and don't let anyone treat her different.

Congratulations!
Julius525

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Carolina Shepherd A-0523

Postby Baobabel » Mon May 13, 2024 6:05 am

Thank you! My first dog vitiligo!