Range Trotter #STF005 by BadgerBuddies

Based on Click to view
Artist BadgerBuddies [gallery]
Time spent 20 minutes
Drawing sessions 4
9 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Range Trotter #STF005

Postby BadgerBuddies » Mon May 06, 2024 2:00 pm

Range Trotters are the result of crossbreeding Orlov Trotters, Finnhorses, Welsh Cobs (section C & D) and Hanoverians. Later crosses of Quarter Horses, Paint and Appaloosas to gain color and to give a boost to their hardiness.With a height average of 13-15 hands, they're a hardy breed with characteristics for various disciplines.

Created for use as work, carriage and leisure riding horses originally, they now serve as long-distance range horses, such as work with Park Rangers and mounted officers.

Willing and eager personalities, most are quickly trained to be bombproof and therefore trusted mounts in all lines of work; some are being seen in local show jumping competitions, others are notably used in therapeutic sessions for their calm temperaments. Harness races and endurance trials are common for the breed, as they are able to sustain an extended trot without tire. Cross-Country competitions see some of the taller Trotters, but due to their cob lineage this is still uncommon.

Despite the variety of competitions and work these horses are being seen in, they are still famously skilled as endurance racers. Many competitors have chosen Range Trotters due to their tireless work ethic, as well as the ease in which they can be trained. Many have become champions in endurance trials, and they have quickly become a sought after breed for their natural ability.

Our first little epaulette shark bby<3 this spotted kiddo has been *spotted* stealing some of the pirate’s treasure while they are being rescued. What sort of treasure did they manage to get their hands hooves on?
End Date: 5/9/2024

Username: Eevee55
Show Name: Lost At Sea
Barn Name: Locket

Height: 15hh
Eye Color: Seafoam
Phenotype: Buckskin epaulette
Genotype: Ee Aa Crcr + epaulette
*Fin, tail, and mane edits pass at artist's discretion

Code: Select all
[b]Username:[/b]
[b]Show Name:[/b]
[b]Barn Name:[/b]
[b]Gender:[/b]
[b]Height:[/b]
[b]Halter Color:[/b]
[b]Prompt:[/b]

Last edited by BadgerBuddies on Sat May 11, 2024 5:23 am, edited 2 times in total.
BadgerBuddies

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Range Trotter #STF005

Postby Spiritstar3 » Mon May 06, 2024 2:42 pm

Username:
Spiritstar3
Show Name:
WR The Sweetest Shark
Barn Name:
Sharkie
Height:
15.3 hands
Halter Color:
Ruby, emerald, and sapphire shades (or just ruby if three is too much)
Prompt:
Food is the best treasure ever. That's clearly not a viable answer though. So, while they snatched some food, that's not all. They managed to also get a bag of jewels and marbles. Cats eye marbles to be exact. as well as those jewels. Diamonds, pink diamonds, emeralds, rubies, and sapphires. All in one simple bag. She was able to grab it with her teeth. The humans will take it, of course. she doesn't mind that so much.
Spiritstar3

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Starwindrider » Tue May 07, 2024 3:22 am

Username: Starwindrider
Show Name: NAS Sandy Beach Friend
Barn Name: Paul
Height: 13hh
Halter Color: Matching eyes
Prompt:
Paul got his hooves on rare unicorn coral! The pirates were thinking of selling them when they got back to shore, but Paul nabbed the bag along with him. He doesn't want this beautiful coral species to be displaced from its home and sold, just like himself.
Starwindrider

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby allybrad » Wed May 08, 2024 1:55 am

Username: allybrad
    Show Name: ABF Specks at Sea
    Barn Name: Latus
    Height: 14.1 hh
    Halter Color: something with dots please :3
    Prompt:
    Latus was spotted stealing the captain's dog-- an English setter!! He loves things with spots, like ladybugs, baby deer, and fluffy cheetah-print jackets, because they remind him of himself. He even loves dotting his i's! What better than to add pirate's best friend to his collection!
xxxxx
||
||
||
||
||
||
||
||
||
||
||
||
||
||
she/her
luke 19:10
noah kahan
lizzy mcalpine
tearista
go heels
|| abf
||
||
||
||
||
||
||

allybrad

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Eevee55 » Wed May 08, 2024 10:01 am

Username: Eevee55
Show Name: Lost at Sea
Height: 15
Halter Color: Eye color
Prompt: While he was on the pirates' ship, Locket saw the pirates bringing lots of treasure on board from everywhere they went. Gold, gemstones, coins, any treasure imaginable really- the pirates had accumulated quite a hoard of items. When he was being rescued, Locket managed to sneak into the room where the treasure was being held and snatched something from one of the piles. It was a beautifully detailed locket that he had overheard some of the pirates mention stealing during one of their treasure-seeking trips. Locket decided he wanted to try to find its owner and return it to them, feeling this would be a suitable form of revenge against the pirates for keeping him locked up on their ship all this time. Most of the other treasure would probably be too difficult for Locket to try to return to where it belonged, not to mention how heavy it would all be in the meantime, but this was something that would be manageable for him.
Despite everything,

Image Image Image
Heya, I'm Eevee!
Thank you so much to twinkle! for the adorable avatar!

It's still you.

Eevee55

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby werepickle » Wed May 08, 2024 9:07 pm

Username: werepickle
Show Name: HwP Deception Is Key
Barn Name: Locke
Height: 14hh
Halter Color: eye colour
Prompt:
Locke isn’t one for fancy things or exquisite items but when he saw an ornate wooden box decorated with hand carved horses he waited until things were quiet and helped himself to the ornate box. Once away from prying eyes he admired the box and discovered a latch which he lifted and slowly opened the box. Nestled inside was three faberge eggs each delicately painted.
werepickle

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Baobabel » Thu May 09, 2024 9:27 am

Username: Baobabel
Show Name: Spot the Difference
Barn Name: Pilfer
Height: 13hh
Halter Color: eye color
Prompt: Pilfer ran away with the captain's parrot, Pilot. She wasn't treated right by him anyway. The pirates just kept her around as a running gag and only fed her crackers. As he was sneaking away, her stopped by her cage, opened the door, and offered her some seeds and the chance for true adventure. Pilot didn't hesitate as she flew out and landed top his withers. Those pirates didn't realize just how intelligent Pilot was. Pilfer now had a lock-picking, sound board who remembers where all previous treasure was hidden!
Baobabel

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby BadgerBuddies » Sat May 11, 2024 5:22 am

Eevee55 wrote:Username: Eevee55
Show Name: Lost at Sea
Height: 15
Halter Color: Eye color
Prompt: While he was on the pirates' ship, Locket saw the pirates bringing lots of treasure on board from everywhere they went. Gold, gemstones, coins, any treasure imaginable really- the pirates had accumulated quite a hoard of items. When he was being rescued, Locket managed to sneak into the room where the treasure was being held and snatched something from one of the piles. It was a beautifully detailed locket that he had overheard some of the pirates mention stealing during one of their treasure-seeking trips. Locket decided he wanted to try to find its owner and return it to them, feeling this would be a suitable form of revenge against the pirates for keeping him locked up on their ship all this time. Most of the other treasure would probably be too difficult for Locket to try to return to where it belonged, not to mention how heavy it would all be in the meantime, but this was something that would be manageable for him.

Congrats on Locket! I really liked the idea of stealing treasure from the pirates to return it to it's owner, which is a direct contrast from the pirates<3
BadgerBuddies

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me