Postby Penultima » Tue May 07, 2024 8:04 am

Adopted

Username: Rawr-Horse
    Name: VHIK Eighty-one Tons // Jasper
    Height: 21 in
    Weight: 44 lbs
    Color: Dark Blue and Red Agouti Minimal White
    Genotype: awaw Bb Ccch dd EE hh II kyky mm Ssw tt UU LL

Prompt: How does this collie handle big life changes? Are they pretty flexible or go-with-the-flow about change, or do they get anxious or freak out? Answer however you'd like to!

Ends May 12th
Last edited by Penultima on Mon May 13, 2024 1:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

She/Her - Bi - Biologist - Artist - Nature-lover - Master's student - Progressive - Unitarian

ImageImageImageImageImageImage

^ stamps by Taxidea ^
Penultima

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Beaumont Collie #819 OPEN

Postby Rawr-Horse » Tue May 07, 2024 11:03 am

Username: Rawr-Horse
Prompt: Jas tends to lean on a weary/nervous side of things, most especially when he is introduced or exposed to anything new, that level of anxiety growing depending on how quickly or how big of a change it is. Though, despite his high levels of anxiety, his handler has worked so closely with him for so long that he does quite a good job at turning to them for help in those moments. He will get nervous, weary, perhaps a bit scared, and go seek out his handler for confirmation that this new scary thing is alright, and once he's been given that relief, him and his handler will more calmly explore this new situation.
He may not be the most confident or best at exploring a change of scenery by himself, but will stroll through it by the side of his handler with little issue, eventually becoming comfortable once again in his space and capable of moving about it on his own with little issue.
Luckily, it did not take Jasper long to get to this point, always being drawn to people and handlers, he's always felt a natural draw to go to them for help, and only gotten better at it over time.

It's better to light a candle than to curse the darkness.

Rawr-Horse

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Shenanergans » Sat May 11, 2024 2:01 am

Username: Shenanergans
Name: Tibbers
Prompt: They face all of their challenges with their trusty stuffed bear~ They provide a sense of comfort and confidence that can't be beat
Image ImageImage
Shenanergans

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby LA's DarkFireWolf » Sun May 12, 2024 7:07 pm

Username: LA'sDarkFireWolf
Name: Chaotic Storm
Prompt: Diving right in head first is this boy's style. Being young at just over a year, patience is not his virtue! But, he's learning. Very eager to try something new he doesn't yet understand to approach things with caution.
Part of that reason is his up bringing. He's always lived in a home. So far his greatest life challenge has been trying to escape the fenced yard! Relentless, he's often put inside the house, in a locked room, inside a crate while they're gone.

When meeting other canines and animals he barrels right up to them, tail wagging, sometimes barking his head off at being excited, and either runs around them. Or if the creature doesn't move, he bowls them over!

Such high energy has gotten him into a bit of trouble. Though he still greets other animals this same way! On one occasion seeing what looked like a toy making it's way across the dog park, he ended up with quills in his front paws, limbs and face! Stunned when the quills of a porcupine hit him. He barked and tried to bite the animal! Ending up with more quills and finally shrills as he came to have a hard time walking.

But at night, at the feet of his owner as she reads to him, he closes his eyes and imagines himself as one of the characters. Which are often cool and calm headed he believes himself to be like this. Maybe, one day he will be!
LA's DarkFireWolf

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Penultima » Mon May 13, 2024 1:05 am

Rawr-Horse wrote:Username: Rawr-Horse
Prompt: Jas tends to lean on a weary/nervous side of things, most especially when he is introduced or exposed to anything new, that level of anxiety growing depending on how quickly or how big of a change it is. Though, despite his high levels of anxiety, his handler has worked so closely with him for so long that he does quite a good job at turning to them for help in those moments. He will get nervous, weary, perhaps a bit scared, and go seek out his handler for confirmation that this new scary thing is alright, and once he's been given that relief, him and his handler will more calmly explore this new situation.
He may not be the most confident or best at exploring a change of scenery by himself, but will stroll through it by the side of his handler with little issue, eventually becoming comfortable once again in his space and capable of moving about it on his own with little issue.
Luckily, it did not take Jasper long to get to this point, always being drawn to people and handlers, he's always felt a natural draw to go to them for help, and only gotten better at it over time.

Congrats!

She/Her - Bi - Biologist - Artist - Nature-lover - Master's student - Progressive - Unitarian

ImageImageImageImageImageImage

^ stamps by Taxidea ^
Penultima

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Rawr-Horse » Mon May 13, 2024 11:16 am

Penultima wrote:
Rawr-Horse wrote:Username: Rawr-Horse

Congrats!

Thank you so much!!!

It's better to light a candle than to curse the darkness.

Rawr-Horse

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me