Range Trotter #STF011 by Pandapop

Based on Click to view
Artist Pandapop [gallery]
Time spent 18 minutes
Drawing sessions 2
13 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Range Trotter #STF011

Postby Pandapop » Wed May 08, 2024 9:06 pm

Range Trotters are the result of crossbreeding Orlov Trotters, Finnhorses, Welsh Cobs (section C & D) and Hanoverians. Later crosses of Quarter Horses, Paint and Appaloosas to gain color and to give a boost to their hardiness.With a height average of 13-15 hands, they're a hardy breed with characteristics for various disciplines.

Created for use as work, carriage and leisure riding horses originally, they now serve as long-distance range horses, such as work with Park Rangers and mounted officers.

Willing and eager personalities, most are quickly trained to be bombproof and therefore trusted mounts in all lines of work; some are being seen in local show jumping competitions, others are notably used in therapeutic sessions for their calm temperaments. Harness races and endurance trials are common for the breed, as they are able to sustain an extended trot without tire. Cross-Country competitions see some of the taller Trotters, but due to their cob lineage this is still uncommon.

Despite the variety of competitions and work these horses are being seen in, they are still famously skilled as endurance racers. Many competitors have chosen Range Trotters due to their tireless work ethic, as well as the ease in which they can be trained. Many have become champions in endurance trials, and they have quickly become a sought after breed for their natural ability.

How do you think this Trotter is fairing on the ship?
Are they frightened? Angry? Unbothered?
(40 word minimum.)

End Date: 5/12/24

Username: Baobabel
Show Name: Lure of the Lunulata
Barn Name: Lunu
Height: 15hh
Eye Color: Ocean Jewel
Phenotype: Black Octospots Epaulette Demoiselle Grey
Genotype: Ee aa Gg OsOs + epaulette
    - Will always pass octospots [Os_]
    - Fin, mane and tail edits pass at artist's discretion
Last edited by Pandapop on Mon May 13, 2024 4:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pandapop

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Range Trotter #STF011

Postby Spiritstar3 » Thu May 09, 2024 10:16 am

Username:
Spiritstar3
Show Name:
WR Darkness on the Sea
Barn Name:
Nighty
Height:
16 hands
Halter Color:
Eye color
Prompt:
Nighty is completely unbothered here. He's actually managed to befriend the cook. He doesn't want to leave...He knows there's people here to save them. He doesn't want to leave his friend. He has to go, though, so he'll go.

(40 exactly I think)
Spiritstar3

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Starwindrider » Thu May 09, 2024 10:45 pm

Username: Starwindrider
Show Name: NAS Dangerous Bioluminescence
Barn Name: Lumin
Height: 14hh
Halter Color: Eye colour
Prompt:
Lumin feels miserable. Before the pirates fished her up in a giant trawl net, she loved diving deeper into the ocean than any other fish trotter. She didn't find colourful corals fascinating, but rather the strange looking fishes that made the darker depths their home. Her weird preferences made her a loner, because there was no other trotter willing to go on adventures with her. Now, trapped on the pirates' boat, she has no friends to talk to and can't dive into the darker sea like she used to. Instead, she's alone, and in the brighter surface world that her eyes have trouble adjusting to. She's always finding a way to escape and hopes that the good people who saved her from the pirates will return her to her familiar home.
Starwindrider

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Eevee55 » Fri May 10, 2024 9:20 am

Username: Eevee55
Show Name: Gotta Go Fast
Barn Name: Rings
Height: 15
Halter Color: Eye color
Prompt: Being stuck in one place for long periods of time is definitely not what he would consider enjoyable, but Rings is certainly not in despair, either. Determined to find a way out of here, he spends most of his time sneaking around on the ship to gain as much information as possible before the pirates notice him outside of the room he was locked in and try to lock him up again. This usually results in a rather comical race around the lower decks until the pirates manage to corner him, but each time he learns more about the layout of the ship. Soon, he is confident, he will be able to find the way up to the top deck of the ship to make his escape. In the meantime, he finds some entertainment in causing as much chaos for the pirates as he possibly can. After all, if they are going to inconvenience him like this, he might as well return the favor!
Despite everything,

Image Image Image
Heya, I'm Eevee!
Thank you so much to twinkle! for the adorable avatar!

It's still you.

Eevee55

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Chamrosh » Fri May 10, 2024 10:08 am

Username: Chamrosh
Show Name: To the Depths
Barn Name: Omen
Height: 15.3 hands
Halter Color: eye blue + spots blue
Prompt: He is disappointed because he is not allowed to eat the rigging or the sail. Come on. There's like 3 ropes and a big sheet. It can't be that big a deal if he eats half of it. And, frankly, he's bored enough of hay that the rope looks delicious right now. He's already tried eating all the crew's shirts.
Chamrosh

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby DarkestWerewolf » Fri May 10, 2024 11:17 pm

Username: DarkestWerewolf
Show Name: Yuzu Lemon
Barn Name: Yuzu
Height: 14hh
Halter Color: Artist’s choice
Prompt:
    Somebody please come and save Yuzu. Poor dear is having an awfully awkward and stressful time on the boat. Why? She’s a people-pleaser.

She’s anxious but at the same time, she knows that her captors are probably having a hard time with the other trotters captured. It would probably be best if she was cooperative.

They want to bound the rope tighter? Understandable! Cant have any trotters escape?

They want to keep her caged in a small confined area with other trotters? Sure! There’s always a space constrain area on a ship.

They want her to keep quiet? Yeah, listening to your victims yap and shout would be upsetting.

They want her to speak? Also understandable, ship life can be boring if there’s no one to converse with.

Overall, Yuzu is still doing fine. She will just sit pretty and wait to be rescued.

DarkestWerewolf

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby BadgerBuddies » Sat May 11, 2024 3:50 pm

Username: BadgerBuddies
Show Name: Buddie's Total Eclipse of the Heart
Barn Name: Eclipse
Height: 13.2hh
Halter Color: artist's choice<3
Prompt:

"Blurgh... I don't feel so well".

While many of the other trotters captured alongside Eclipse are feeling either scared, helpless, or angry, Eclipse cannot relate. While she does fine in the water, she has learned something new about herself - she does not do okay on the water. The rocking motion of the pirate ship as it takes on large waves has made Eclipse feel as sea sick as a dog. She can barely function right now, let alone hold a grudge against her pirate captors. If any emotion were to cross her at a time like this, it would be desperation to get off this ship so she could stop feeling so sick!
BadgerBuddies

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Baobabel » Mon May 13, 2024 9:47 am

Username: Baobabel
Prompt: Lunu was not happy about being captured. He wasn't sure who he was angrier with, his captors for nabbing him, or himself for getting caught. Anger turned to near-panic as they forced him into the small shared confines. As he calmed down though, the panic turned to a slow, ever-deep well of silent fury. He was at his most dangerous at this state. Fueled by rage yet level headed and with a clear mind. He quickly started thinking through various plans and eventually backtracked to one of the first he came up with. He had initially discarded it because it hurt his pride and felt it beneath his dignity. He was a slightly prideful trotter. Then he decided not doing anything would be worse. Additionally, he kind a deserved getting taken down a peg if he was able to be caught be measly human pirates. He could use the lesson in humility. Plus, only a truly clever trotter would be able to deceive them and pull off the plan.
The plan was an old and simple one. Simple, but difficult to pull off. He would simply earn the trust of his captors. Convince them he was satisfied being on the ship, had no plans of escape, and was even wanting to become a pirate horse himself! He started by keeping himself and his quarter clean and quiet. Then whenever a pirate would come down to feed or clean, he would busy himself with a helpful task. He'd grab a rag in his teeth and rub down the stall. Or grab his empty water bucket and hand it over the wall. Eventually they started letting him out and even up on deck! There he started grabbing the ropes and helped haul stuff around the deck. The human were amused at the funny horse doing their chores for them. Slowly the pirates began to trust him more and more. He's currently at a point where they're beginning to lax on keeping an eye on him. His steady spirit is undampened as he continues in his plan, waiting for the perfect moment. Plus, if he's being honest, he's enjoying learning about how a ship works. Maybe this knowledge will be helpful in the future..
Baobabel

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby kijauni » Mon May 13, 2024 10:47 am

Username: kijauni
Show Name: VEO's Liberté Égalité Fraternité
Barn Name: Al-Hurra
Height: 15 hh
Halter Color: Based on her fins!
Prompt: Al-Hurra is a very strong character. Her whole life she fought for equal rights of Women on Sea. Whenever she hears the saying "A Woman aboard is bad luck" things tend to get pretty rough. She is not one to use arguments for people who don't have the mental capacity for such.
So when she got captured by a bunch of old-mindsetted, scruffy, dirty Pirates - she didn't hesitate long.
They put Al-Hurra into the Kitchen and it was their first false decision.
As soon as she could, she snug out of the kitchen, equipped with a dull Knife. You don't need a sharp knife apparently to take a ship over. Or Al-Hurra doesn't need one?
It didn't took her too long to have the Captain kneeling in front of her, handing commando over to her.
Now they terrorise [sitrike]the sea[/strike] pirates and teach them the three important Words, Liberte, Fraternite and Egalite (Equality for all, including Women)

◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆

She/Her ◆ Member since 2010 ◆ IRL Busy
Dreaming off a full Pet + Item Collection
Pet WL before Hiatus: 12 pages; Pet WL after Hiatus: 46 pages
Item WL before Hiatus: 3 pages; Item WL after Hiatus: 10 pages
Find Me On ➸ LorWolf ➸ FRPfQ ➸ WD ➸ LD ➸ DV

Trade ThreadCollection ThreadOffsite Thread©

◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆
kijauni

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Pandapop » Mon May 13, 2024 4:47 pm

Baobabel wrote:Username: Baobabel
Prompt: Lunu was not happy about being captured. He wasn't sure who he was angrier with, his captors for nabbing him, or himself for getting caught. Anger turned to near-panic as they forced him into the small shared confines. As he calmed down though, the panic turned to a slow, ever-deep well of silent fury. He was at his most dangerous at this state. Fueled by rage yet level headed and with a clear mind. He quickly started thinking through various plans and eventually backtracked to one of the first he came up with. He had initially discarded it because it hurt his pride and felt it beneath his dignity. He was a slightly prideful trotter. Then he decided not doing anything would be worse. Additionally, he kind a deserved getting taken down a peg if he was able to be caught be measly human pirates. He could use the lesson in humility. Plus, only a truly clever trotter would be able to deceive them and pull off the plan.
The plan was an old and simple one. Simple, but difficult to pull off. He would simply earn the trust of his captors. Convince them he was satisfied being on the ship, had no plans of escape, and was even wanting to become a pirate horse himself! He started by keeping himself and his quarter clean and quiet. Then whenever a pirate would come down to feed or clean, he would busy himself with a helpful task. He'd grab a rag in his teeth and rub down the stall. Or grab his empty water bucket and hand it over the wall. Eventually they started letting him out and even up on deck! There he started grabbing the ropes and helped haul stuff around the deck. The human were amused at the funny horse doing their chores for them. Slowly the pirates began to trust him more and more. He's currently at a point where they're beginning to lax on keeping an eye on him. His steady spirit is undampened as he continues in his plan, waiting for the perfect moment. Plus, if he's being honest, he's enjoying learning about how a ship works. Maybe this knowledge will be helpful in the future..

Congrats!
HM's to Starwindrider, Eevee55 and BadgerBuddies!
Pandapop

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me