Range Trotter #STF016 by BadgerBuddies

Based on Click to view
Artist BadgerBuddies [gallery]
Time spent 1 hour, 13 minutes
Drawing sessions 4
3 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Range Trotter #STF016

Postby BadgerBuddies » Thu May 09, 2024 1:17 pm

Range Trotters are the result of crossbreeding Orlov Trotters, Finnhorses, Welsh Cobs (section C & D) and Hanoverians. Later crosses of Quarter Horses, Paint and Appaloosas to gain color and to give a boost to their hardiness.With a height average of 13-15 hands, they're a hardy breed with characteristics for various disciplines.

Created for use as work, carriage and leisure riding horses originally, they now serve as long-distance range horses, such as work with Park Rangers and mounted officers.

Willing and eager personalities, most are quickly trained to be bombproof and therefore trusted mounts in all lines of work; some are being seen in local show jumping competitions, others are notably used in therapeutic sessions for their calm temperaments. Harness races and endurance trials are common for the breed, as they are able to sustain an extended trot without tire. Cross-Country competitions see some of the taller Trotters, but due to their cob lineage this is still uncommon.

Despite the variety of competitions and work these horses are being seen in, they are still famously skilled as endurance racers. Many competitors have chosen Range Trotters due to their tireless work ethic, as well as the ease in which they can be trained. Many have become champions in endurance trials, and they have quickly become a sought after breed for their natural ability.

Some of the pirate ships have some interesting names on their sides.... name this trotter after one of the ships you "see" in the distance (pirate ship-themed naming comp)!
End Date: 5/14/2024

Username: ImogenEquine
Show Name: The Codfather
Barn Name: Codleone

Height: 14.3hh
Eye Color: Blowin' bubbles
Phenotype: Bay spice aperture snake scales angel stripes macaw
Genotype: Ee AA Spcspc Aptapt Boaboa AstrAstr + macaw
*Fin, mane, and tail edits will pass at artist's discretion

Code: Select all
[b]Username:[/b]
[b]Show Name:[/b]
[b]Barn Name:[/b]
[b]Gender:[/b]
[b]Height:[/b]
[b]Halter Color:[/b]
[b]Prompt:[/b]

Last edited by BadgerBuddies on Fri May 17, 2024 11:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
BadgerBuddies

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Range Trotter #STF016

Postby blackhoeses » Thu May 09, 2024 2:16 pm

Username: Blackhoeses
Show Name: Flying Poppy
Barn Name: Poppy
Height: 14.4 hh
Halter Color: eye color
Prompt: I was still trying to come up with a name for the big beautiful red mare, I stared out at some of the ships that were near by. Seeking inspiration, I squinted in the sun as one name in particular caught my eye. Flying Poppy at first I giggled to myself at the fact a pirate ship had such a girly name then I remembered the meaning of the flower along with its bright red color. I glanced back at the mare who was dozing in the sun and called out "Poppy". She opened her eyes and whickered back at me that just cemented it in my mind this girl was going to by Flying Poppy from now on.

xxxxxxxxxxxx
✼ "Beauty is, as beauty does.
That is not a name.
Yes it is Beauty. Black beauty " ✼

Hodgepodge FarmRange Trotters
Nutty Horse RanchWhite Champion's Valdiac Barns
©

xxxxxxxxxxxx
©

xxxxxxxxxxxx

blackhoeses

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ImogenEquine » Thu May 09, 2024 5:14 pm

Username: ImogenEquine
Halter Color: black and gold design with a little fish if possible (or fishnet-y?)
Prompt: I love a pun and I'm sure you've heard of the movie The Godfather. It's one of the most famous movies of all time! It's about a fictional Mafia family. I was trying to come up with a fishy pun that'd make a good boat name, and I think The Codfather would work so well - just imagine it! That'd be a ship nobody would want to mess with for sure, LOL. So that's how I chose this trotter's show name.

In The Godfather, the family patriarch is named Don Vito Corleone - in other words, he's the guy that's also known as the Godfather. I thought it'd be funny to make this trotter's barn name a matching pun, so I changed the character's last name to be fishy!
╔══════════════════════╗

you don't have to say 'I love you' to say 'I love you'

my poor mental health is a WIP, much like this sig
feel free to pm me to chat or anything c:

⠀ ⠀⠀ artist ♘ d&d player ♘ sapphic ♘ adopts ⠀⠀⠀ Image

╚══════════════════════╝
══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════
⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ (my goodness, I hope to own a cinnamon roll some day)
⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ Image
ImogenEquine

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Taxidea » Sat May 11, 2024 3:18 am

Username: Taxidea
Show Name: TT Kennit's Vivacia
Barn Name: Vivacia
Height: 13.1hh
Halter Color: Artist's choice
Prompt: Robin Hobb's amazing epic fantasy series Realm of the Elderlings has a trilogy in it that revolves around pirates and ships (liveships). One of the series' liveships is named Vivacia, and she is taken over by Captain Kennit of the Pirate Isles and decides to help him in his piracy. I'm probably not doing the books much justice with this description, but the entire series is wonderful and all the seemingly unrelated trilogies that make it up (there are 4 or 5 in total) all come together in the final one in a truly magical finale. In honor of this series that made me laugh, cry, and everything in-between, I am naming this trotter after Vivacia.
Taxidea

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Embergleam » Sun May 12, 2024 3:09 am

Username: Embergleam
Show Name: RRS Seas and Desist
Barn Name: Dezzie
Height: 13.1 hh
Halter Color: Artist's choice
Prompt:
Out-of-character explanation: I'm a sucker for puns and generally silly names, especially for vehicles as noble as ships.

In-character explanation: I like to imagine the captain of the Seas and Desist really didn't want to name their ship at all. The crew kept harassing them about it, expecting them to name their new vessel something intimidating- maybe the Bloodwake, or the Eternal Pursuit! Finally the captain totally lost patience and yelled at them all to "CEASE AND DESIST!" Some bright spark saw the pun there, grabbed a can of paint, and ran off to immortalize that moment before the captain could change their mind.

(No, the captain wasn't amused... but hey, at least it got their crew off their back!)
Be the nonsense you wish to see in the world.
He/him| Image | ADHD
Raven Ridge Stables
Embergleam

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby kijauni » Mon May 13, 2024 9:13 am

Username: kijauni
Show Name: VEO's She Got The House
Barn Name: Shipman
Height: 15 hh
Halter Color: Ship Colour
Prompt: I mean... the divorce was rough
and she got the house
what else to say :(

◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆

She/Her ◆ Member since 2010 ◆ IRL Busy
Dreaming off a full Pet + Item Collection
Pet WL before Hiatus: 12 pages; Pet WL after Hiatus: 46 pages
Item WL before Hiatus: 3 pages; Item WL after Hiatus: 10 pages
Find Me On ➸ LorWolf ➸ FRPfQ ➸ WD ➸ LD ➸ DV

Trade ThreadCollection ThreadOffsite Thread©

◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆
kijauni

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Queen Vivane » Mon May 13, 2024 9:31 pm

Username: Queen Vivane
Show Name: Queen Anne's Revenge
Barn Name: Bramble
Height: 15hh
Halter Color: Match eyes
Prompt: Why not a real pirate ship, sailed by Edward Thatch aka Blackbeard!
Friendly reminder, AI generated pictures are not art and are actively trained on works from artists who gave no permission for their creations to be used.
Note for trades and PM's, I leave my CS tab open almost all the time for easy access. I am online but I'm not actively looking at the tab <3
Yes my characters are not actively developed, I place all the blame on hyperfixations not lining up with them.
Please don't message me asking if I'm selling or trading Closed species characters. If I haven't said otherwise? The answer is no.
HuaLian and Wangxian my loves
What I'm owed
x2 Unique Lambicorns
Queen Vivane

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Archaeopteryx. » Tue May 14, 2024 8:53 am

Username: Archaeopteryx.
Show Name: The Red Shield-maiden
Barn Name: Rusla
Height: 13.9hh
Halter Color: artist's choice!
Prompt: Named after Rusla, an ancient Norwegian pirate.

──────────────────────
it/its
─────────
Obsessive worldbuilder,
enjoyer of speculative fiction
and stories about apocalypses.

─────────
ImageImageImage
──────────────────────
Archaeopteryx.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby BadgerBuddies » Fri May 17, 2024 11:33 am

ImogenEquine wrote:Username: ImogenEquine
Halter Color: black and gold design with a little fish if possible (or fishnet-y?)
Prompt: I love a pun and I'm sure you've heard of the movie The Godfather. It's one of the most famous movies of all time! It's about a fictional Mafia family. I was trying to come up with a fishy pun that'd make a good boat name, and I think The Codfather would work so well - just imagine it! That'd be a ship nobody would want to mess with for sure, LOL. So that's how I chose this trotter's show name.

In The Godfather, the family patriarch is named Don Vito Corleone - in other words, he's the guy that's also known as the Godfather. I thought it'd be funny to make this trotter's barn name a matching pun, so I changed the character's last name to be fishy!

Y’all made this so hard on me with the puns,,,, but ultimately, The Codfather takes it! I loved the double pun in the name, and like to think that pirates would operate similar to the mob just,,,, on water lol. The name also brings back good memories of one of my fav classes in undergrad, Italian-Americans in film (even tho this movie was too violent for me lol)

HMs to Embergleam and kijauni for your amazing punny ship names as well<33
BadgerBuddies

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ImogenEquine » Fri May 17, 2024 3:33 pm

Thank you so much for this guy and especially for adding that little fishy charm!! I love it and appreciate it so much!

(PS. I don't think the background was removed... the image won't become transparent in my stables page. Could you please see if you could fix that? Thank you!!)
╔══════════════════════╗

you don't have to say 'I love you' to say 'I love you'

my poor mental health is a WIP, much like this sig
feel free to pm me to chat or anything c:

⠀ ⠀⠀ artist ♘ d&d player ♘ sapphic ♘ adopts ⠀⠀⠀ Image

╚══════════════════════╝
══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════
⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ (my goodness, I hope to own a cinnamon roll some day)
⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ Image
ImogenEquine

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me