Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!

Click here to see the full Art Rules!
Need help using the Oekaki? Check out this Guide to the Oekaki!

ufo sighting [story!!] by ♥ mizu

Artist ♥ mizu [gallery]
Time spent 46 minutes
Drawing sessions 1
12 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

ufo sighting [story!!]

Postby ♥ mizu » Wed May 15, 2024 12:30 pm

i literally just got her and wanted to draw something, so here's this :D

a young abby was nestled under her warm covers, dreading the looming school day the next morning. summer nights always had a faint buzz to them, and she wasn't about to let that go; staying up late was one of her favourite things to do. she'd spent all summer stargazing, hoping to see some anomaly. she'd wished upon a few stars, prayed to luna - which, frankly, did nothing because the little filly never stayed asleep long enough for the princess to visit her. abby pouted a little, then turned over to at least say she'd tried.

suddenly, her ears twitched. a metallic sound filled the air - it was quiet, but high enough pitched that her sensitive ears cringed. abby threw off of her covers, launching herself out of her bed and through the house to the front door, not caring if she made a racket or not. outside of her rural home, she looked into the midnight sky.

abby's jaw dropped, her body trembling violently in shock. an absolutely ginormous metal disc covered the light of the moon, replacing it with a glaring, artificial luminosity that made her tear up.

both her and the object simply stood there, observing each other. abby wasn't necessarily scared, but looking at it made her uncomfortable. she didn't even notice the cutiemark appearing on her little flank: a warning label. it pulsed vibrantly, almost as if it was trying to combat the spotlight that the UFO had created. or, perhaps, like it was.. communicating.. with it.

abby shook her head, not believing what she was seeing. as soon as her eyes opened again, the disc was gone and the sky was as empty as it should've been. abby jumped, even more frazzled than she'd been when she first came out. the little filly's eyes searched the sky desperately - it should've been there! how could it've left so soon? when she couldn't find it, abby returned to her doorstep. her parents didn't believe her farfetched story, blaming it on her lack of sleep. they urged her to go wash the dirt off of her hooves before going back to bed, instead. she obliged.

flicking the lightswitch in the bathroom, abby instinctively looked into the mirror. admiring herself as one does, her eyes trailed down to the new mark on her flank eventually and, for the second time that night, her jaw dropped. tears of joy welled in her eyes this time, and she squealed! abby ran to her parents, pointing at her bum and jumping up and down.

absolutely sure of what she'd seen now, the filly promised herself she'd find proof of extraterrestrial life one day.
♥ mizu

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: ufo sighting [story!!]

Postby Hawk WillowWatcher » Wed May 15, 2024 1:35 pm

Very cute! I love your art style <3 have a great day Bliss (idk, I’ve seen some people call you that and it’s a cute name :3)
ImageImage ImageImage ImageImageAdopt your own. Kitters!made by pheonix
Hawk WillowWatcher

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ♥ mizu » Wed May 15, 2024 2:01 pm

Hawk WillowWatcher wrote:Very cute! I love your art style <3 have a great day Bliss (idk, I’ve seen some people call you that and it’s a cute name :3)

ee thank you so much hawkie :3 i go bliss to since it's a nod to my old username, blissfully! i still go by blissfully on a lot of sites i just change it every so often to reflect my current favourite fandom xD i'm thinking of changing it back but a lot of closed species have me as mizu in their archives so it's a bit confusing
♥ mizu

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby arcadia. » Wed May 15, 2024 2:37 pm

aaaa vi 😭😭

───── ❝ the sea said goodbye to the shore