Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!

Click here to see the full Art Rules!
Need help using the Oekaki? Check out this Guide to the Oekaki!

Re: eghdwardghd....

Postby Happily Wrathful » Wed May 08, 2024 5:39 am

Cerulean Wake wrote:
Happily Wrathful wrote:hot take 2003 is better and i will die on that hill

i definitely think both have their merits, but i wouldnt even necessy disagree atp.

for me, i really love the tone in 2003 and going back and watching them both back to back really emphasizes how crunchy 2003 is in comparison to brotherhood, but not in a bad way! fmab has pretty smooth edges, and everything gets wrapped up pretty neatly in the end. the writing choices in fmab are satisfying/make the most sense, but in that way they are also predictable and can come off trite in the worst cases of it. 2003 on the other hand is lowkey kinda raw, and honestly really weird in some places but like i kinda love it?? It has so much more ambiguity than fmab does which as i rewatch it when im older i appreciate a lot more, and resonates more with how uncertain and scary the world is right now.

so yeah, love 2003.

for me i utterly fell in love with how vague everything was, i typically hate loose ends in media but for some reason the mystic of 2003 just took me. i most certainly wouldnt have appreciated it as much if i had watched it when i was younger but being more mature i can understand the themes so much better.

all in all i can say that despite my appeal for 2003 i love both. most definitely my top 10 anime if not in my list of favorite media in general.
Happily Wrathful

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me