Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!

Click here to see the full Art Rules!
Need help using the Oekaki? Check out this Guide to the Oekaki!

eghdwardghd.... by Cerulean Wake

Artist Cerulean Wake [gallery]
Time spent 49 minutes
Drawing sessions 3
68 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

eghdwardghd....

Postby Cerulean Wake » Tue May 07, 2024 7:31 pm

rewatching 2003... the differences between it and fmab are so fun
ImageImageImageImageImageImage

keep making art
keep making art
keep making art
keep making art
keep making art
keep making art
keep making art
keep making art
keep making art
keep making art
keep making art
Cerulean Wake

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: eghdwardghd....

Postby skwisgaar » Tue May 07, 2024 7:38 pm

edwar.... this is so good oh my god
ImageImage
adult - he/they - furry - metalhead
trades / C$ shop thread . UMA archive
skwisgaar

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Spiritstar3 » Tue May 07, 2024 7:50 pm

Woo, Edward! (I just watched a movie I thought might actually be good but was absolute trash...so thank you for making art I can look at and be happy)
Spiritstar3

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Loelya » Tue May 07, 2024 8:11 pm

2003 did nina better thats my controversial opinion

my fav fictional short king. love this mwah amazing spectacular
ImageImage
~ and here you are, continuing on,
despite how hard it's been ~

adult || she/shey/they
"Build-Your-Own" Editables
Loelya

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Cerulean Wake » Tue May 07, 2024 8:20 pm

Loelya wrote:2003 did nina better thats my controversial opinion

my fav fictional short king. love this mwah amazing spectacular

2003 actually has a few things i like better in its version than fmab, nina def is one of those things for me yeah- it just got more room to breathe and i like how scar is depicted in relation to things during that time

unfortunately fma 03 doesnt have greeling or olivier armstrong, so automatically i cannot give it full marks, but otherwise its still a really good show! fma chars are always fun to see no matter the context for me, so yeah for me ppl who dismiss it out of hand just make me a lil frustrated X33
Spiritstar3 wrote:Woo, Edward! (I just watched a movie I thought might actually be good but was absolute trash...so thank you for making art I can look at and be happy)

yay :3
skwisgaar wrote:edwar.... this is so good oh my god

edwar.....ty...

keep making art
keep making art
keep making art
keep making art
keep making art
keep making art
keep making art
keep making art
keep making art
keep making art
keep making art
Cerulean Wake

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Loelya » Tue May 07, 2024 8:26 pm

oh yes absolutely full marks withheld mutually xD but SAME on the frustration of it being dismissed out of hand 🤝 brotherhood is better but 2003 is worthwhile & I am pleased to find a comrade
ImageImage
~ and here you are, continuing on,
despite how hard it's been ~

adult || she/shey/they
"Build-Your-Own" Editables
Loelya

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Happily Wrathful » Tue May 07, 2024 11:31 pm

hot take 2003 is better and i will die on that hill
Happily Wrathful

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Wookieinmashoo » Wed May 08, 2024 12:41 am

Happily Wrathful wrote:hot take 2003 is better and i will die on that hill

I'll die there with you. The mangaka approved of the differences between the 2003 version and her still unpublished manga chapters

I tried watching Brotherhood and I just had difficulties getting into it. I might give it a third try, but I have a problem dealing with tonal dissonance and it's one of my massive pet peeves for writing. The 2003 version had some off-putting sections, but Brotherhood just seemed to have more of it. That and I just really find memories of the 2003 version.
Wookieinmashoo

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Happily Wrathful » Wed May 08, 2024 1:22 am

Wookieinmashoo wrote:

I'll die there with you. The mangaka approved of the differences between the 2003 version and her still unpublished manga chapters

I tried watching Brotherhood and I just had difficulties getting into it. I might give it a third try, but I have a problem dealing with tonal dissonance and it's one of my massive pet peeves for writing. The 2003 version had some off-putting sections, but Brotherhood just seemed to have more of it. That and I just really find memories of the 2003 version.

i watched brotherhood first and it was honestly my top best anime id ever seen. recently i watched 2003 and it completely topped brotherhood for me.

i still like brotherhood [the animation is wonderful] but after watching 2003 and trying to rewatch brotherhood i cant help but compare all the things i love so much more about 2003
Happily Wrathful

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Cerulean Wake » Wed May 08, 2024 4:42 am

Loelya wrote:oh yes absolutely full marks withheld mutually xD but SAME on the frustration of it being dismissed out of hand 🤝 brotherhood is better but 2003 is worthwhile & I am pleased to find a comrade

likewise!

i definitely think both have their merits, but i wouldnt even necessy disagree atp.

for me, i really love the tone in 2003 and going back and watching them both back to back really emphasizes how crunchy 2003 is in comparison to brotherhood, but not in a bad way! fmab has pretty smooth edges, and everything gets wrapped up pretty neatly in the end. the writing choices in fmab are satisfying/make the most sense, but in that way they are also predictable and can come off trite in the worst cases of it. 2003 on the other hand is lowkey kinda raw, and honestly really weird in some places but like i kinda love it?? It has so much more ambiguity than fmab does which as i rewatch it when im older i appreciate a lot more, and resonates more with how uncertain and scary the world is right now.

so yeah, love 2003.

Wookieinmashoo wrote:

i definitely recommend giving it another shot, its a very well done anime. but yeah we all have our pet peeves- no shame in that

Happily Wrathful wrote:
Wookieinmashoo wrote:

i watched brotherhood first and it was honestly my top best anime id ever seen. recently i watched 2003 and it completely topped brotherhood for me.

i still like brotherhood [the animation is wonderful] but after watching 2003 and trying to rewatch brotherhood i cant help but compare all the things i love so much more about 2003

i watched 2003 first when i was in middle school and fmab pretty soon after- so it was sort of the reverse for me. i never watched the cos and i think i wasnt really mature enough to fully appreciate what 2003 had going for it because it was a bit less straightforward than brotherhood and i was just a bit too young. so yeah i can totally see how ppl would enjoy 2003 more

keep making art
keep making art
keep making art
keep making art
keep making art
keep making art
keep making art
keep making art
keep making art
keep making art
keep making art