Applications Open for "Fanart Archivist" position

Announcements about events or changes to the website and forum

Re: Applications Open for "Fanart Archivist" position

Postby purinz » Tue Nov 20, 2012 2:27 pm

How many hours do you usually spend on CS on an average day?: Usually around 6 to 9 hours a day, but not all at once.

How many days a week do you usually visit CS?: I visit CS every day of the week, but usually I'll alert people if I don't have too much time on some days.

Why do you want to be a fanart archivist?: Because it would be an extraordinary position, and I absolutely adore CS fanart. I'm a little OCD about organizing, so being an archivist would definitely be my thing. :) A fanart archivist is even better since I get to keep track of CS's loving artwork, and it would be such an honor to be able to see that art every day. I am an artist myself, so being able to share artwork with my fellow users would again, be a really nice honor. I would LOVE and CHERISH the position of fanart archivist. An archivist also means keeping up, and at school I almost never lose my papers or anything of the sort. ^-^ I've also asked a few CS friends and real-life friends, and they say I'm pretty organized. I have basic BBCode knowledge, and a little bit of HTML. Now, I honestly do not visit the fanart thread often, but I'll post if I see some extraordinary art! I'm also a sort-of archivist for an adoptable thread, but I don't keep track of the pets, just a certain list of people. :)

Thank you for this wonderful position opening up, good luck to the others. I really hope I get this job. :3
Last edited by purinz on Thu Nov 22, 2012 4:17 am, edited 2 times in total.

mimi she/they adult

ImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImage

purinz

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Swurk » Tue Nov 20, 2012 2:28 pm

How many hours do you usually spend on CS on an average day?:
Seven at the least c: (Except tuesday and way more on saturday, friday, and sunday)
How many days a week do you usually visit CS?:
Every day so seven c:
Why do you want to be a fanart archivist?:
Well, I'd love to help keep track and organize the fan art. I've got OCD for organization >.< but it would also give me the opportunity to actually look at and view all of the amazing artwork too. It would also give me something to keep busy with and be less 'twitchy' y'know? But most of all I would really like to help out and keep track of the fan art so that all the lovely members here on CS can view them c:
Swurk

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Toxi+Bbun » Tue Nov 20, 2012 2:30 pm

Quick question, are merged accounts allowed to apply?

-Toxi
Toxi's Box wrote:❝News❞
❝June 16, 2019
Big oof ya know.
Much love. ❤❞

❝CS Pet❞

❝Links to Click❞
Fursona and Characters
Image Image
Bbun's Box wrote:❝News❞
❝Bit inactive but still always checking!❞

❝CS Pet❞

❝Links to Click❞
Pony CharactersPet Adoptables
Image Image

This account is shared by two people.
{Bbun types normally.}
[Toxi signs, centers, and smalls her posts.]

~Thanks to Twilight Sparkle for our avatar!~
~Thanks to dizzy blossoms. for our siggy!~

Toxi+Bbun

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby arte » Tue Nov 20, 2012 2:30 pm

Probably around 4-5 hours.
7 unless I am visiting family or am on vacation.
I may not always post on the CS Fanart thread but I check it regularly, and I see a lot of beautiful art posted there. I believe this art isn't as appreciated as it could be if it was put up on an official fanart page built into the website. A lot of CS users probably don't even know that the current thread exists, so I would love to help maintain this page that will display all of this wonderful art. I myself am an artist, and though I am not super talented I really appreciate it when someone compliments my art. I believe a lot of people would be complimented for their art if this page was up and running again, and I have the time to keep it that way.
arte

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby soilatte » Tue Nov 20, 2012 2:32 pm

Hm, about half an hour in the morning, and then on and off in the afternoons for about 6. So yeah, 6 and a half. On weekdays.
Weekends, it's about 8-10 hours, usually more.

7, on average.

Okay, so you can probably tell by my hours, I love CS.
It's true, it's such a friendly community, and I would love to help in any way I can. It's really nice here's and currently, I'm lacking on things to do. Both in real life, and CS. So I thought it would be a great idea to use my time and activity for something like this.
I would love to help CS in any way I can. If that means being a fanart archivist, then that's what I am determined to do. I can log the hours and I'm willing to commit.

Hello, I'm Sawyer.
Looking for 1x1 semi-lit/lit role-play partners.
I prefer to roleplay on Advanced-Scribes.

Current Plots:
• Werewolf (x human or pack)
• Shifters
• Witches & Wizards
• Superheroes

Tumblr // Advanced Scribes
soilatte

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Nadine » Tue Nov 20, 2012 2:32 pm

3-4 hours on the weekdays, up to 6 or more on the weekends
5-7 days a week
I want to be able to help display the fan art for this site, I know I enjoy browsing the beautiful art on the fan art thread, but wished there would be one place to view all of the art, without sifting through pages and pages of the thread. I remember when the old archive existed and being able to go there with ease to see all the fanart all in one place.
Even though I'm still a bit new to the General Helper position, I can assure that I would be dedicated to both. I would be able to balance both with ease, and keeping the archives updated often while I'm online, while doing my General Helper duties.
Last edited by Nadine on Thu Nov 22, 2012 2:01 pm, edited 3 times in total.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

~Courageous~
discord: @captainnadine

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
cs rules | get help | free pets
dA | trades | about me

she/they isfj dog lover
hello, nadine here
i'm an artist who enjoys music
and other great things in life
feel free to pm me anytime!

🐉 🦌 🐼 🦠 💛
.✫*゚・゚。.☆.*。・゚✫*.
Nadine
General Helper

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Yellow. » Tue Nov 20, 2012 2:33 pm

How many hours do you usually spend on CS on an average day?: I would say I get on for about 6-9 hours, because my school gives us labtops so I normaly just have it open during school and get on.

How many days a week do you usually visit CS?: Unless I am out of town, I am on everyday of the week.

Why do you want to be a fanart archivist?:I just think it would be a great way to help other and would be something fun to do to thank y'all for doing everything and show off some of the great work artists have done for CS.I just love that it would be a great way to help out others on CS as well and give some of the artists who do this a bit more credit for it. Some of there work they do for CS is great and is sometimes over looked and it would be nice to find it all easily and to give them a show for it.
Last edited by Yellow. on Tue Nov 20, 2012 2:37 pm, edited 2 times in total.
✦ ✧ ✦ ✧ ✦ ✧ ✦ ✧ ✦ ✧ ✦ ✧ ✦ ✧ ✦
Did you forget me so soon?
The one who made you,
turned you into this monster?
How sad.

Though I guess it's to be expected,
you always liked to block things out.
If it didn't make sense in your mind,
you just forgot about it.

But maybe it's because I didn't,
make you into a monster that is.
You already were a monster,
weren't you?

✦ ✧ ✦ ✧ ✦ ✧ ✦ ✧ ✦ ✧ ✦ ✧ ✦ ✧ ✦
Yellow.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Nadine » Tue Nov 20, 2012 2:33 pm

Toxi+Bbun wrote:
Quick question, are merged accounts allowed to apply?

-Toxi

I believe, like many other positions on the team, you must both apply and both be accepted in order to have the job. C:
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

~Courageous~
discord: @captainnadine

cs rules | get help | free pets
dA | trades | about me

she/they isfj dog lover
hello, nadine here
i'm an artist who enjoys music
and other great things in life
feel free to pm me anytime!

🐉 🦌 🐼 🦠 💛
.✫*゚・゚。.☆.*。・゚✫*.
Nadine
General Helper

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Sen507 » Tue Nov 20, 2012 2:35 pm

On week days, usually 3-5 hours, and on weekends generally 4-10 hours, both depending on how much homework I have on a given day.

Every day of the week. ^^

To be honest, I usually don't draw fanart for CS mainly since I can only draw humans and not animals but it might be fun to try drawing humanized versions of some of my favorite pets and I do find the fanart that I see for this site each day beautiful. I feel like I spend so much time on this site that I would really love to contribute something meaningful. I understand how this site receives an overwhelming amount of fanart and think it's a great idea to gather that art into one place so it's not lost. I think it would give me a chance to see a greater range of art made for this site and also something to keep me occupied with the satisfaction of helping a place that I love. I don't mind hard work and wouldn't see this position as a burdon at all. I see lots of amazing fanart each day and it encourages me that people really do care about this site and reminds me of the kinder members here. I don't often post on fanart but I love browsing through it and seeing how creatively each member can draw the pets on this site. It would give me a great feeling of accomplishment to be able to help the CS community by spending my free time organizing beautiful art drawn and written by members of this forum. Thank you so much for this wonderful opportunity.
Not active. Please do not contact me or ask for my pets.
Sen507

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Wet Bread » Tue Nov 20, 2012 2:35 pm

5-10 hours depending on how busy I am.

I'm usually on 6 days week, technically 7 if you count the hour I manage to get on when I'm not home. Occasionally I'll take a day off to go do something with my family, visit a friend, or go do something with my other family but, I'm not gone that often.

Well, not only do I think it'll be fun to go through all the fanart but, I think it's a good idea for it to be archived and I want to help in whatever way I can. I think I would greatly enjoy archiving it.
[center]
She/they | feel free to call me Wet or Save | Just quietly existing
eternal favorite person
Wet Bread

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me