Now hiring new Roleplay Moderators! (age 18+) Apply inside

Announcements about events or changes to the website and forum

Re: Now hiring new Roleplay Moderators! (age 18+) Apply insi

Postby wren » Tue Dec 10, 2013 2:15 am

What date did you register as a CS member?: Sat Sep 08, 2012 11:12 am
How many posts have you made in the forum (at the time of applying): 1944
Without posting your actual age, are you old enough to apply for this position?: Yes.
How many days a week do you usually visit CS? 7
How many hours per day do you usually spend on CS, on a day that you do visit? 30 minutes to 3 hours
Have you moderated on any other forums before? If so, please link to them No.
Have you participated in many roleplays outside of CS before? I have, but, they were a while ago and became inactive so it got deleted.
Have you participated in many roleplays on CS before? Yes
Why do you want to be a roleplay moderator for CS? I think it would be a nice way to spend my time and maybe make some new friends with some people even. It would honestly feel great to help against people against rules and make CS kid appropriate.
Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position (this is not required) (for example have you run your own roleplay website before, or have you had any experience in peer mediation?) This thing isn't exactly a skill, but i'm very stubborn. Like if I give a warning for something to someone, and they ask why, then I tell them why, and they think it's unfair, I would still keep the warning (Is it possible to delete warnings..?). I don't get persuaded easily.
ImageImage

I am a holibomber!
I have gifted 19 people.
I have received 9 gifts.
wren

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Smamm » Tue Dec 10, 2013 3:55 am

What date did you register as a CS member?:
      June 22, 2009

How many posts have you made in the forum (at the time of applying):

Without posting your actual age, are you old enough to apply for this position?:
      Yes

How many days a week do you usually visit CS?:
      Every day, unless under certain circumstances (vacation or something sudden that prevents me from being online)

How many hours per day do you usually spend on CS, on a day that you do visit?:
      I would say at least two to play things safe, though I believe I'm really on here longer than that. On days with lots of free time I'm easily on for six or seven plus hours. During holidays I'm on here almost all day, honestly. On my average day, I'm not on necessarily for hours on end, but I hop on frequently throughout the day.

Have you moderated on any other forums before? If so, please link to them
      Yes, I have! I've moderated and owned numerous role-plays on proboards.com: Young, Rich, and Fabulous, Blackthorne Academy, The Beginning of the End, and more.

Have you participated in many roleplays outside of CS before? If there's any places in particular, please link to them.
      I have, most on the above listed proboards.com forums. However, I am a member of the website AwesomeSauce that was created by some members here; however I haven't role-played there. I've also roleplayed on neopets.com, the WOI website, and deviantart.com.

Have you participated in many roleplays on CS before?
      Yes, many! I've both joined roleplays and created my own. I used to run the Semi-literate to Literate Roleplayers Club, and in addition I participate on the Inklings thread. I have become less active in the role-play department as of late, however, just due to an interest in writing my own story and in other things that have prevented me from roleplaying.

Why do you want to be a roleplay moderator for CS?
      Well, I'd like to give back to the website, and I think it's just where I would fit best; as I am more familiar in this area. With that aside, though, I've made most all of my online friends here through roleplay and have had a really great experience here on CS. I'd like to help to keep CS a great environment for role-players of all ages, and to be a part of and to contribute to new innovative ideas to improve the forums here. As I mentioned, the people I've met and the experience I've had here really does mean a lot to me, and I'd like to help foster such an experience in future role-players here on CS.

Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position?
      I have experience in dealing with all kinds of things that this position is going to throw at me, both in the real world and here on CS; mediation, collaboration, diligence, and decision making to name a few. Having owned and moderated forums in the past (as well as role-plays here and the semi-lit club), I understand the amount of work that goes into these positions, and I'm fully comfortable in saying that I can handle said position. In addition, I can confidently say I am able to handle conflict in a professional way, keeping calm and unbiased. I respond promptly and being a nursing student I'm versed in all aspect of communication (honestly, I took a class all about communication). I would like to bring up in addition that while I may not be an active role-player here at the current time, I am sure that this won't hinder my ability to be a successful moderator. I do still enjoy roleplay, I am just taking more of my time to focus on writing my story for the moment. Overall, I feel I'm an easy person to talk to, and I try to remain rather friendly an approachable, as I really am open and non-judgmental, and would love nothing more than to lend a helping hand!
Last edited by Smamm on Fri Dec 13, 2013 1:12 am, edited 5 times in total.
Smamm

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Welcome to Whysperia » Tue Dec 10, 2013 7:01 am

May 13, 2010.

How many posts have you made in the forums?:

Without posting your actual age, are you old enough to apply for this position?:
    Yes.

How many days a week do you usually visit CS?:
    I usually visit six days per week, however there are times that I cannot make it on, such as vacations, a family emergency, etc. I would be able to pop on every once in a while, but I would not be able to stay as often as I am normally able to. If I was ever going to be gone for a long period of time, say over four days, I would be able to inform someone so that someone else was covering me, just as I do on Cyska Siberians.

How many hours per day do you usually spend on CS, on a day that you do visit?:
    At least four hours, though it's usually more than that when you add up how many times I get on randomly throughout the day. That sounds pretty bad when I say it aloud, like I'm obsessive, but I spend that time role-playing, searching for role-plays, and trading for pets and art, as well as talking to friends.

Have you moderated on any other forums before?:
    I have owned my own role-playing website, which had only 58 members but lasted for over two years. I have moderated various other role-playing websites, but they were not that successful when it came to long-term, lasting members. I am currently a moderator for Cyska Siberians, the virtual pet website.

Have you participated in many roleplays outside of CS before?:
    Yes, quite a few. I used to role-play on FooPets, I role-play on Cyska from time to time, and I role-play on other websites, Ivory Guardians, The Role We Play, Advanced Scribes, and Teen RPG being four of them. I have been role-playing for over six years, so it's nothing new to me. In all of this time, I've done more than just forum-based role-playing. I've participated in LARPing (live-action role-playing), chat based role-play, and MMORPG games.

Have you participated in many roleplays on CS before?:
    Yes, quite a few. I love role-playing here, because I spend so much time here anyway. I also appreciate the new semi-literate and literate role-playing board, which is where I spend most of my time while online.

Why do you want to be a roleplay moderator for CS?:
    I have been role-playing for over six years now, and have been a writer for even longer. I love it, and enjoy spending my time doing it. I think it would be fun to moderate role-plays, because I would not only be doing something I love, but I would be helping the ChickenSmoothie community while doing it.

Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position?:
    I have been a website owner, as well as a professional moderator many times before. I have been trained in MANDT training, which is crisis and situation training. In MANDT training, I was taught how to 'talk people down', assess situations between two arguing groups, and how to handle such situations with fairness and grace. I believe that, as a strong leader and compassionate listener, I am more than capable of listening to all sides of a story with just fairness. I am able to put aside personal bias and treat everyone equally, as well as see what is wrong and what is right with a clear mind.
    I want to thank you for this opportunity, as it's something I've always been interested in. I wish the judges the best, as well as all of those who are trying out. Thank you, have a nice day. ^^
Last edited by Welcome to Whysperia on Fri Dec 13, 2013 7:59 am, edited 3 times in total.

Other wrote:I am a fan of random gifting.
I have gifted 47 times
I have been gifted 8 times

Check out Cyska Siberians, a professional virtual
cat website.

My username used to be
Sanguine-Therian.
Welcome to Whysperia

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Banana Dancer :) » Tue Dec 10, 2013 8:15 am

APPLICATION
What date did you register as a CS member?: May 26, 2012
How many posts have you made in the forum (at the time of applying): 9888 all together, probably 9800 in roleplays
Without posting your actual age, are you old enough to apply for this position?: Yes
How many days a week do you usually visit CS? 7 days
How many hours per day do you usually spend on CS, on a day that you do visit? 12+
Have you participated in many roleplays outside of CS before? Yes, if I can find them again, I will.
Have you participated in many roleplays on CS before? Yes
Why do you want to be a roleplay moderator for CS? I'm on here rather too much and I have seen a lot of rules broken. I would just like to help out on here and give myself something else to do.
Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position? I was a co-operator for a website that was just for role playing. I had helped someone from ChickenSmoothie set up the website and I was also moderating on two other roleplays as well, such as wolfhome and dinorun.(that are still running websites.)
Currently doing:
Sleeping
If you roleplay with me, work at 7 pm
Click to see my time----XX
My Trade Thread

I am a holibomber!
I have gifted 30 people.
I have received 20 gifts.
Banana Dancer :)

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Sasco's / Joeys Essex girl's Application

Postby WolfKate » Tue Dec 10, 2013 8:29 am

I normally talk like this, but I won't have this size or color on my application so that you can see it more clearly ^^

On my old account - Sat Apr 02, 2011 5:35 am :: On this account - Sat May 05, 2012 5:58 am

How many posts have you made in the forum?:
6788 if you add up all the posts on each account. All my posts are mainly from the roleplaying forums, the Oekaki and The general discussion, but some are from other forums though (I have posted in all the forums at least twice before.)

Yes, I am old enough to apply, and I am able to deal with inappropriate/Sexual or Violent behavior. I think I am quite good at handling things like that. I have also been in many roleplays which have contained 18+ posts, and I also saw how they were dealt with, which may be good in the future if I get this role.

How many days a week do you usually visit CS?
I visit everyday, I would never miss out an one of the advent pet's, or the posts on my roleplays. Unless I have to go on holiday, which I only do about three times a year.

How many hours per day do you usually spend on CS, on a day that you do visit?
Well that's a tough one. I would say on the first five weekdays, I would be on for about 7 or 6 hours. But on the weekends (Saturday and Sunday) would probably be up to 10-12 hours. (I know that's allot x3)

Yes, I have been roleplay moderator on quite a few forums before.
1. A packs howl (Can't link to it, it was deleted because of a fault.)
2. TheKumariWolves
3. Harbinger
And that's it I think ^^

Have you participated in many roleplays outside of CS before? If there's any places in particular, please link to them.
I roleplay on Minecraft
I roleplay on Wolfquest
And I have rolepayed on this: WarriorCatsRPG
I roleplay on a roleplaying game called Feralheart
I roleplay on a pc game called Spore.
I have roleplayed on this: Iwakuroleplay
And also some other ones that I can't remember/find links too.

Yes, I have participated in many, many roleplays, mainly animals fantasy and realistic, but I do roleplay in the humans ones sometimes as well. I would say about 65% of my posts are to do with roleplaying.

Wow, so many reasons. Well I am going to start with one of the reasons which I think is most important. Well I want to be a roleplay moderator because I love roleplaying so much, I have roleplayed since I was in my early teens, I admit it's a main hobby to me, I started to roleplay by just simply writing things like- ranbowpony: *flys in to the sky and chases another pony* who r u???!1!1 - So yeah, I started off quite simple, but then I started to get more detailed, there was better spelling and grammar, and then about two years later it turned out a bit like this- Kodi felt something cold land onto his head, he felt it trickle down his muzzle, he then woke with a wet and cold feeling on his forehead, he looked up, he sighed, it was only the water dripping from the roof of the dark cave he was sleeping in for the night. - As you can see I had got better and more detailed. By then I realized I loved roleplaying (obviously xD) So as you know I have been roleplaying for years, and I still love it so much. I also want to be a moderator because I really love helping people, if I see someone needs a bit of help on the forums I will help them straight away. I am pretty good at dealing with problems, and I have solved quite a few problems in the past.
I would say I have a nice personality and that most people would like me, and if I got the position that if something needed to be sorted out or removed, I bet people would hope to get me x3 Because some moderators are quite harsh, and know how to get people quite angry, but I would be able to sort things out smoothly and kindly.

Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position:
Yes, I have had a roleplay website called 'The packs howl,' it was quite popular. But sadly it got deleted, because the program that I used to create it would only stay up if I payed for it. I am also very good at spelling and Grammar. I like to help out on the forums, and I know all the roleplay rules off by heart. I am also very fast at typing, I can see if someone look's as if they need help on the forums easily, and I am good with words, I know what to say to people without them getting upset or angry and I would know if something needs to be removed from a roleplay or not. And also I have much experience because I have been a moderator/helper on many other sites as well.
Last edited by WolfKate on Tue Dec 17, 2013 3:58 am, edited 4 times in total.
❤ ❤ ❤ ❤
xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
I need to change my sig lol
member since 2011
oof
Credit
xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
❤ ❤ ❤ ❤

WolfKate

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ~Happily.Ever.After~ » Tue Dec 10, 2013 8:38 am

What date did you register as a CS member?: May 30, 2013
How many posts have you made in the forum (at the time of applying): 2045
Without posting your actual age, are you old enough to apply for this position?: Definitely, I believe you will be able to check my age because of where I am located.
How many days a week do you usually visit CS? normally I visit everyday, there are a few days every once in a blue moon though that I can't get on.
How many hours per day do you usually spend on CS, on a day that you do visit? It depends really, my time spent here is often sporadic and spread over a course of several hours during the day, but definitely at least 2 hours per day.
Have you moderated on any other forums before? yes, but a LONG time ago, the sites have since been deleted... as when I searched for them a 'not found' page appeared.
Have you participated in many roleplays outside of CS before? yup: click here and here (<= this one is kind of 'gone'... and I haven't rped there in quite a while) and last but not least, here (<=I've kind of grown out of this one...)
Have you participated in many roleplays on CS before? yup, practically all I've done since I joined CS was roleplay and recolor stuff.
Why do you want to be a roleplay moderator for CS? I feel that I am responsible and can help enforce the site rules. I come on often and am an active member of the site. I've also been RPing for quite a while.
Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position I act as a buffer for peers all the time, usually I'm the one that has to solve all the problems. I work well with others and have been roleplaying for quite a while.

-My Stuff || Art || Sims 3 Page || Past Usernames-
Cierra Hope, <Space_Cadet}<::, {Annabeth Chase}, .:.Anna.&.Elsa.:.

~Happily.Ever.After~

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Harpy• » Tue Dec 10, 2013 8:56 am

March 14th, 2009

Yes, I am.

Seven

Roughly four or five hours each day. It's fairly consistent.

I have not, but would love the experience.

Not really, no.

Indeed I have, in the forties or so over my years on the website; but it's been quite awhile, and I've been itching to get back into it.

Because roleplaying on CS was (and still is occasionally) one of my favorite hobbies, particularly because of the welcoming members and fun, safe, non-vulgar content. It felt safe to creatively express myself. Over time it seems more and more inappropriate content is being leaked into this creative haven, and I would love to become a part of the team that continues to help keep the abrasive content cleaned out of roleplaying.

Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position (this is not required)
While I have no direct experience in moderating, I think myself to be a fair and level- headed individual; I could handle a situation without bias if it were an argument between members, and could quickly remove inappropriate images and words without flitting an eye. I'm fast with my keyboarding and love interacting with other members, particularly over common ground such as the love of roleplaying.
Also, as a cashier at my local grocery store, I have up close and personal experience with confrontation and problem-solving involving customers (or in this case , roleplayers). I can keep a quiet demeanor while still dealing with the problem, and more often than not have managed to make all sides of the argument happy.
This line of work has also required that I fix problems as fast as possible (a misplaced tag, wrong price, missing codes, overstocking, etc.) and I believe I could apply such a skill to swiftly removing and editing content that violates CS roleplaying rules.
Overall, I believe I'd be an excellent addition to the team, and would pour all of my effort into the task at hand.

Thank you for this opportunity to apply, and I hope you'll consider me to join the CS team and staff in the effort to keep the community safe and clean. (:
Last edited by Harpy• on Wed Dec 11, 2013 5:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.
𝙱𝚊𝚌𝚔 𝚏𝚛𝚘𝚖 𝚊 𝚕𝚘𝚗𝚐, 𝚞𝚗𝚒𝚗𝚝𝚎𝚗𝚍𝚎𝚍 𝚑𝚒𝚊𝚝𝚞𝚜 :)
Harpy•

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Snowheartsx » Tue Dec 10, 2013 9:11 am

Fri Dec 16, 2011 8:30 am- This my account now. But my original was- Fri Feb 25, 2011 9:38 pm

Yes I am.

I visit everyday on my iPod or Computer.

I usually don't keep track of my hours that I spend on Chicken Smoothie.
    I usually have the iPod open on the website, or other times I am actually on it.
    But if I was to just lay on the bed and relax without moving for one day,
    I would say the whole day xD. But I don't, so maybe, 5-6 hours in between?

I actually never did on any other forms out of chickensmoothie ^^

I did roleplay on a website I was moderating on once.
    I just don't remember what it was called or what roleplay I watched over. Dx

Yup! Many 1x1 RP, Animal-Fantasies, and human through PM ^^'

I would like to be able to help keep the forums clean, and I know the rules clearly enough to know what to filter out and what to let pass. I enjoy lending a helping hand, and keeping others happy with a clean environment on a website. I like helping people, and being clean is part of that.

Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position (this is not required) (for example have you run your own roleplay website before, or have you had any experience in peer mediation?)
    I am an experienced roleplayer on & off chickensmoothie, and I know what to look for. What I mean by off of chickensmoothie is that I do roleplay on facebook with my friends, and I tend to be careful of bad languages and mature content, so I would know the ropes on how to keep it PG-13 for the little ones. I am also very comfortable with more graphic material, so it doesn't bother me that I would have to look at it, if it does come up in a reported post.
    she/her • adult • audhd & chronically ill
    Image Image Image
Snowheartsx

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Nadine » Tue Dec 10, 2013 11:03 am

♑️GaMz♋️ wrote:Question, what if you happened to have helping experience and meet all the requirements that is one, dont apply if your account is less than 6 months old, what if we know pretty much alot in the past of Chicken Smoothie, and want to help out? Because my account is less than 6 months old, but I know lots about the CS past. In case you were wondering how, In 2009 I began to see Chicken smoothie videos, but I thought the game was boring but watching them looked pretty interesting, so I finally decided to check out the game and it was great. Would I be able to apply? Please reply and make sure I atleast know, because I keep an ete on my favorite topics alot! ^^'

Unfortunately, you will not be able to apply. We go based your current account for the requirements. There will be more opportunities for you to apply another time when you reach the requirements.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

~Courageous~
discord: @captainnadine

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
cs rules | get help | free pets
dA | trades | about me

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
she/they isfj dog lover
hello, nadine here
i'm an artist who enjoys music
and other great things in life
feel free to pm me anytime!

🐉 🦌 🐼 🦠 💛
.✫*゚・゚。.☆.*。・゚✫*.
Nadine
General Helper

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby -PLEASE DELETE- » Tue Dec 10, 2013 1:06 pm

I join CS On Feb 22, 2011! Ive been here a couple of years.
I've made 17135 posts! Oh gosh thats alot! o.o
I am indeed! c:
I am on Every single day! Im on most holidays as well
Im on for about 11 hours most days! Give or take.
Have you moderated on any other forums before? If so, please link to them.
I am a mod at Caaa Ive been a mod since the first thread.
I aslo used to run a RP site though it has died.
As well as an RP site for the members of CAAA
CAAA RP site
RP site that me and a couple friends were on.
Yup!
CAAA RP site
RP site that me and a couple friends were on.
*WARNING MATURE CONTENT ON BOTH!*
I have! c: When I first started RPing it was here! I've been looking for some good RPs as well! So Im constantly skimming the boards!
I would like to be an RP mod here to help out! I Would love to keep the threads clean and safe! As a mom I would hate for my son to come across something too mature for CS. I would also like to help the community! I love this site and would like to help how ever I can! Helping with something I love to bits would just be amazing!! I have been RPing for years now and it's a favorite hobby of mine!
Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position?
I have run multiple RP sites. All have died lol but they were amazing while they lasted! Like I said above I am a mod for a thread here on CS so Im able to deal with people who are breaking rules. I have also delt with art theifs. Also I am good with people most of the time. It takes alot to get me angry and even when im angry I do my best to deal with things respectfully and politely!
Last edited by Pandle on Sun Jan 12, 2014 2:30 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Please don't link to websites with inappropriate content.
MODS PLEASE DELETE!!!
-PLEASE DELETE-

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me