Global Moderators - Now chosen.

Announcements about events or changes to the website and forum

Re: Global Moderators - Now Hiring! READ BEFORE POSTING

Postby Tess » Wed Mar 09, 2011 8:24 pm

aidiangrimshawrules wrote:tess, can i ask you a quick question?

if it relates to the job or the applications then you can post your question here

if it is something else, you can contact either me or Nick at help@chickensmoothie.com
Click here if you need help from CS Staff or General Helpers!
Tess
Admin

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby misssassystephanie » Wed Mar 09, 2011 8:40 pm

APPLICATON
What date did you register as a CS member?: Wed Sep 09, 2009 3:38 pm
How many posts have you made in the forum (at the time of applying): 1154 | Search user’s posts
(0.01% of all posts / 2.11 posts per day)
Without posting your age, are you old enough (and willing) to risk seeing adult content when screening posts that are waiting for moderator approval: I most definitely am.
How many days a week do you usually visit CS? I'm practically on every single day.
How many hours per day do you usually spend on CS, on a day that you do visit? 4 hours every afternoon.
Have you moderated on any other forums before? No.
Now the important question: Why do you want to be a moderator for CS? I always wanted to become a moderator because I always wanted to let everyone know what is right and what is wrong, about being on CS. It would be a great opportunity because I can learn how to organise everything.
Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position (this is not required) (for example do you speak any other languages, or have you had any experience in peer mediation?) I speak, German, Macedonian, French and Japanese.
Last edited by misssassystephanie on Wed Mar 09, 2011 9:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
misssassystephanie

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby blazesong » Wed Mar 09, 2011 8:59 pm

What date did you register as a CS member?: feb 28 2010
How many posts have you made in the forum (at the time of applying): 8297
Without posting your age, are you old enough (and willing) to risk seeing adult content when screening posts that are waiting for moderator approval: yes i am old enough and am willing to risk seeing adult content
How many days a week do you usually visit CS?:everyday

How many hours per day do you usually spend on CS, on a day that you do visit?: about 10 to 11 hours a day depending on the day, Sundays normally over 13 hours if i'm not going out,tend to spend most of this reading(normaly spend 1 hour befor work on CS)
Have you moderated on any other forums before? If so, please link to them:not a forum like CS but a site,due to lack of interest the site shut down and the link no longer leads to a site(i tryed)
Now the important question: Why do you want to be a moderator for CS?:
i have lots of time on my hand,and i don't like posts that are in the wrong place,i love helping people,and i am good at stopping fights most the time, i am a strong hater of art theft and often quick to report any i see(as a mod would remove it and pm the user why) i don't mind people hating me as long as they know they have done something wrong, i allso think since i am on alot i can see something sooner then some mods who may be sleeping or working at the time

Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position:i can read most mistakes with out seeing the mistakes like if someone says swamp when they mean swap i will read swap (odd skill but its one right?) i also have a cert 1 in computing
Last edited by blazesong on Sat Mar 12, 2011 1:17 am, edited 3 times in total.

i need a new signature

blazesong

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby DisabledLlama » Wed Mar 09, 2011 9:05 pm

APPLICATON
What date did you register as a CS member?: August 1st, 2009

How many posts have you made in the forum (at the time of applying): 1899

Without posting your age, are you old enough (and willing) to risk seeing adult content when screening posts that are waiting for moderator approval: Yup. I'm so old. I'm older than old.

How many days a week do you usually visit CS? Everyday.

How many hours per day do you usually spend on CS, on a day that you do visit? at least 2 hours

Have you moderated on any other forums before? If so, please link to them ArcadiaIsle, Phoenix Wolves

Now the important question: Why do you want to be a moderator for CS? So that I can protect my beloved Chicken Smoothie by shooting laser beams at the spam-bots and help out users that need said help.
As a friend of mine once said, "Spambots can now writhe in agony as their organs are displaced by my superior Dalek fire-power".

Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position (this is not required) (for example do you speak any other languages, or have you had any experience in peer mediation?) My skills involve not having any skills. I'm just that skilled.

Image Image
DisabledLlama

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Tess » Wed Mar 09, 2011 9:25 pm

~Blu wrote:Would I be able to apply please?
I know I'm under 8 months and I'm aware of my warnings, but is there any chance I could apply..?
Sorry to bother you.
Delete if necessary.

No, you don't meet the criteria
Click here if you need help from CS Staff or General Helpers!
Tess
Admin

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Wild Mothman » Wed Mar 09, 2011 9:55 pm

1. What date did you register as a CS member?: 19th of August 2008
2. How many posts have you made in the forum (at the time of applying): 2566
3. Without posting your age, are you old enough (and willing) to risk seeing adult content when screening posts that are waiting for moderator approval: (If you don't know what I'm talking about, read the first post again) Yes.
4. How many days a week do you usually visit CS? seven
5. How many hours per day do you usually spend on CS, on a day that you do visit? at least 2,
6. Have you moderated on any other forums before? If so, please link to them. I haven't
7. Now the important question: Why do you want to be a moderator for CS? CS is a wonderful site, i love being a member here, i want to give something back to the site that's so fun to be a part of and has a community of wonderful members.
8. Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position (this is not required) (for example do you speak any other languages, or have you had any experience in peer mediation?)
Wild Mothman

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Kandria » Wed Mar 09, 2011 9:56 pm

1. What date did you register as a CS member?: Oct 7th, 2008
2. How many posts have you made in the forum (at the time of applying): 1799
3. Without posting your age, are you old enough (and willing) to risk seeing adult content when screening posts that are waiting for moderator approval: yes
4. How many days a week do you usually visit CS? 7
5. How many hours per day do you usually spend on CS, on a day that you do visit? 8+ hours
6. Have you moderated on any other forums before? I have, however the forums no longer exist, I have also run forums for guilds on World of Warcraft (http://mysticalworlds.org/Kindred/ - one of the forums, no longer there however)
7. Now the important question: Why do you want to be a moderator for CS? I have been around a while, and at times I feel like I might be taxing the mods with as many reports I file a day. I really want to help the site flow, and overall be a good place, and a safe place, for members to be.
8. Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position (this is not required) (for example do you speak any other languages, or have you had any experience in peer mediation?): I tend to be a very tolerant person, because of it I have been a peer mediator in the past. I always try try to see both side of any situation and put things in a way both people can see, and hopefully agree with.
When I've stepped up in game before (Neopets, World of Warcraft, Cybernations(war sim) and moderated, or lead guilds/alliances/groups the common comment was always that no matter who was my friend or enemy when it came to enforcing rules I never showed favoritism or bias. My best friend was treated the same as someone I'd never met outside the game. In fact it made some of my friend unhappy because they expected special treatment that they did not get.
Kandria

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby *Skylar The Plant* » Wed Mar 09, 2011 10:07 pm

APPLICATON
What date did you register as a CS member?: Fri Dec 05, 2008
How many posts have you made in the forum (at the time of applying): 17119
Without posting your age, are you old enough (and willing) to risk seeing adult content when screening posts that are waiting for moderator approval: Yes I am old enough, and I am willing.
How many days a week do you usually visit CS? Seven.
How many hours per day do you usually spend on CS, on a day that you do visit? Usually I am on for a few hours during school, and then five hours after school.
Have you moderated on any other forums before? If so, please link to them Link, and no others.
Now the important question: Why do you want to be a moderator for CS? I wish to be a moderator because I want to help out here. I spend most of my time on this website and frankly I love it. I'd like to help the site grow and keep things in check and I think it would be a great experience. I also like trying to help people, and I think helping people on this site would be my best bet.
I also think I am mature enough for this and I want to prove I can be more mature then I was on this site six months ago. I'm in the advanced program at my school [Like honors in America] so I think I'm smart enough for this. I've also been taught how to be a leader and to try and enforce rules, since I'm at the top of my school now.
Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position (this is not required) (for example do you speak any other languages, or have you had any experience in peer mediation?) I can speak semi-fluent German and English, I also know a few sentences and phrases in Japanese and Chinese.. I have good knowledge in art and roleplaying and I am part of the leaders group [ALP's] at my school, for the advanced and the ones wishing to lead the school. So I think that might be helpful.
I easily make friends and I have calmed many arguments on other sites, such as Facebook and DeviantART.

[I know I had three warnings. One was sorted out with you over E-mail and the others were given around six months ago and I don't act as immaturely anymore. I've grown up a fair bit in the last few months. And my last warning was unintentional because of a friend on mine. So am I still able to enter for this?
I'm mature and on quite a lot.]
Last edited by *Skylar The Plant* on Fri Mar 11, 2011 5:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I am a Contemporary artist, majoring in painting and sculpture.
You can check out my work here: https://www.instagram.com/sky.l.art/

*Skylar The Plant*

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Minimanta » Wed Mar 09, 2011 11:59 pm

1. What date did you register as a CS member?: 09 Jan 2009
2. How many posts have you made in the forum (at the time of applying): 6296
3. Without posting your age, are you old enough (and willing) to risk seeing adult content when screening posts that are waiting for moderator approval: Yes I am.
4. How many days a week do you usually visit CS? 7
5. How many hours per day do you usually spend on CS, on a day that you do visit? Mon - Fri: 8-9 hours, I always have CS open when I'm online. Weekends: Sometimes only a few hours.
6. Have you moderated on any other forums before? No.
7. Now the important question: Why do you want to be a moderator for CS? I love CS and its forum and would love to help keep it nice and friendly.
8. Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position (this is not required) I speak danish. I'm calm and can usually see both sides in an argument/fight. I know a lot about CS, so I should be able to answer many questions people might ask or at least direct people to someone who knows.
If you can dream it, you can do it ~~ Walter Elias Disney
ImageImageImage
For every one minute you don't smile, you lose 60 seconds of happiness
Minimanta

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ⚜ Estivel » Thu Mar 10, 2011 12:06 am

1. What date did you register as a CS member?: Sep. 21, 2008
2. How many posts have you made in the forum (at the time of applying): 1910
3. Without posting your age, are you old enough (and willing) to risk seeing adult content when screening posts that are waiting for moderator approval: Yes ^^
4. How many days a week do you usually visit CS?: ... Every day |D
5. How many hours per day do you usually spend on CS, on a day that you do visit?: 6-8, on average. The least I'll ever spend is 3.
6. Have you moderated on any other forums before? If so, please link to them: I used to be an International Mod here :3 I've also modded on other freewebs forums, but they're not active anymore.
7. Now the important question: Why do you want to be a moderator for CS?: I'm on the forums frequently, even if it's merely lurking, and feel helpless when I see a fight break out or a debate arise. I would like the ability to help, and at least restore some people's happiness ^^ I understand that I will also have to deal with people that are rude and will not cooperate, and I'm willing to be stern if it's required of me.
8. Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position (this is not required) I speak Russian and am in the process of learning French. I'm also in several Debate teams, which might help ^^

Thank you for this opportunity, Tess, and good luck to all <3
WRATH IS ON HIATUS
Please only PM about RPs
|Fursona and Adoptables|
|Feäre Wolves|
I wish I had a unicorn,
So I could fly away.
Where fun isn’t worn,
Nor people do mourn,
This is where dreams are born.

⚜ . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ⚜

And if there was a place like this,