Global Moderators - Awaiting selection.

Announcements about events or changes to the website and forum

Re: Global Moderators - Applications open

Postby DaisieGames » Fri Oct 07, 2011 7:10 am

APPLICATON
What date did you register as a CS member?: August 15th, 2008

How many posts have you made in the forum (at the time of applying):21187

Without posting your age, are you at least 18, and willing to risk seeing adult content when screening posts that are waiting for moderator approval: Yes

How many days a week do you usually visit CS? All school week and during the weekend I sneak on when I can.

How many hours per day do you usually spend on CS, on a day that you do visit? I'm on almost ever waking hour on CS when I don't have classes and have done homework. Or I'm on while doing homework.

Have you moderated on any other forums before? If so, please link to them-Yes, one. Breathing Fire Adopts Forum

Now the important question: Why do you want to be a moderator for CS? I want to keep the younger and older CS community safe from inappropriate content. Some older members seem not to understand what age groups we have here, because across the world ages allowed online are varied. Many kids may see inappropriate things in their county, because of news, but at CS we want to protect them to the best of our ability.

Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position (this is not required) (for example do you speak any other languages, or have you had any experience in peer mediation?) I do baby-sit on occasion for ages that range from 1 year olds to 13 year olds, so I know how to handle trouble makers pretty well. Also I was a link leader when I was in High school, and that helped Fresman(9th grade) to transit from Middle school to High School scheduling.
Last edited by DaisieGames on Sun Oct 09, 2011 9:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
DaisieGames

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby dasniu » Fri Oct 07, 2011 9:03 am

APPLICATON
What date did you register as a CS member?:
Nov 27, 2009
How many posts have you made in the forum (at the time of applying):
Without posting your age, are you at least 18, and willing to risk seeing adult content when screening posts that are waiting for moderator approval:
Yes c:
How many days a week do you usually visit CS?
7 days a week
How many hours per day do you usually spend on CS, on a day that you do visit?
6+
Have you moderated on any other forums before? If so, please link to them
No
Now the important question: Why do you want to be a moderator for CS?
I absolutely love helping people with problems, it's very rewarding. I like to keep things short and simple, it's very intimidating to a new person when your helpful post is too long. I would love to give back to CS community as well <3
Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position
I speak English fluently, and I can explain things fairly well.
dasniu

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Honey Raven » Fri Oct 07, 2011 11:04 am

APPLICATON

1. What date did you register as a CS member?: February 11, 2009
2. How many posts have you made in the forum (at the time of applying): 1811
3. Without posting your age, are you at least 18, and willing to risk seeing adult content when screening posts that are waiting for moderator approval: Yes I am.
4. How many days a week do you usually visit CS? 7 days a week
5. How many hours per day do you usually spend on CS, on a day that you do visit? 3-4 hours
6. Have you moderated on any other forums before? If so, please link to them. Not any currently active forums but have moderated in the past.
7. Now the important question: Why do you want to be a moderator for CS? I would like to help out so this can be a safe and healthy place for many people to go regardless of age.
8. Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position (this is not required) (for example do you speak any other languages, or have you had any experience in peer mediation?) I am a mother and have dealt with many arguments and workings of younger people. Because of this, I feel I have the experience to handle many things that may come up and don't mind "being the bad guy" when its needed.

Honey Raven

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby crayon » Fri Oct 07, 2011 11:08 am

What date did you register as a CS member?: Fri Dec 31, 2010 10:44 pm
How many posts have you made in the forum (at the time of applying): 1,474
Without posting your age, are you at least 18, and willing to risk seeing adult content when screening posts that are waiting for moderator approval: Yes.
How many days a week do you usually visit CS? 7 days. And I'm on nearly all day. I have other tabs open as well but I'm on almost all day. On Tuesdays I volunteer at the local shelter so I won't be on for about 5 or 6 hours on Tuesdays but will probably log on later.
How many hours per day do you usually spend on CS, on a day that you do visit? Usually all day. about 10 or 11 to 9 or 11 PST
Have you moderated on any other forums before? If so, please link to them I have moderated on RP forums but most are dead and deleted.
Now the important question: Why do you want to be a moderator for CS? Why not? I really like CS, it's a wonderful kids family site, and without mods think of how many creepers and rulebreakers there would be on CS. Mods keep rule breaking down to a minimum and keep this site a happy, fun place for people of all ages to use. I believe that it is important to keep the community safe, and to make sure that everybody has a fun, safe, and pleasant visits to CS.
Also, I believe that doing this will be good experience for me. It will sharpen my patience, and sharpen my peace-making skills. I already have a GREAT patience and I hate drama, doing whatever it takes to either stop the drama or remove myself from it, but it would definitely take my patience to a new level, because I know that there will be difficult people that I will have to deal with, and annoying PMs about things that can be found in the FAQ.
I've always had a passion for CS, even when I tell myself, "Yo, your too old for adoption sites!", I still stay because it's such a wonderful site, it's not just adopting pets, it's also the forums and just the some of the wonderful people who play, the site is so clean, and fun. It's a nice place to just cool down after a hard day of work or a nice place to goof off on when your bored.
Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position- Well my Indian neighbor taught me how to meditate. Don't really know how that would help CS. And I'm LEARNING Spanish. I only know a little bit but I'm learning. I co-own a dog daycare, so I can be patient and know how to deal with difficulties. And at the shelter we get in some people who no matter how many times you tell them they don't have their cat or dog or that they can't go in the Stray Cat room they still insist on seeing the cats in the SCR. I often have to deal with these people, and have much experience in the patience field.

I know, I'm not the biggest celebrity on CS, not a General Helper, not a regular on the Help forums, but I have a passion for this site, and being a global mod would be honoring.
Last edited by crayon on Fri Oct 07, 2011 11:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage

“He who has not Christmas in his heart will never find it under a tree. ”
-Roy L. Smith

ImageImageImage
crayon

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Rainbow Dash » Fri Oct 07, 2011 11:44 am

What date did you register as a CS member?: December of 2008

How many posts have you made in the forum (at the time of applying): As of this posting, 5195.

Without posting your age, are you at least 18, and willing to risk seeing adult content when screening posts that are waiting for moderator approval: Yes, I am over the age of 18 and I am willing to risk seeing adult content.

How many days a week do you usually visit CS?: Every day.

How many hours per day do you usually spend on CS, on a day that you do visit?: At the very least 3 hours. Weekends I can spend 6 hours. I am on Japan standard time at the moment, but I am based in America normally. I return to America in December.

Have you moderated on any other forums before? If so, please link to them: I was a moderator on the virtual petsite Teripets (previously at teripets.com, seems to be dead) in 2006.

Now the important question: Why do you want to be a moderator for CS?: I like CS. This is fairly obvious, after all, I am here. I want to help clean up CS from spam, make it nice and pretty, protect the artists from devastation from art theft, and lend a hand on a forum that really has been there for me for now 3 years. At this point I feel like I'm mooching off CS, stealing its cable, and using its couch.

I'm not expecting to be an overlord, a god, or some sort of superhero should I get the job. I'm not expecting to be worshiped, kissed up to, or thanked should I get the job. I'm really walking in with no expectations but to pull my weight and do a job that may be entrusted to me.

Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position (this is not required): I can read Japanese, but a Japanese member may find my attempts at the language humorous. Also, I can write a pretty sweet haiku, but I don't think that will ever come in handy.

(It's also worth nothing I was very close to writing my whole application as a parody of the Team Rocket motto.)
[: Veterinary professional | Female | Hobbyist artist :]
Image Image Image Image
New Chicken Smoothie Tarot
[: Free-to-Use CS Graphics || Request Free CS Graphics || Every Pet As a Stamp Project :]
Sig art by me || Avatar by Scragster || Busy with work! Might be slow to respond!
Rainbow Dash

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Riley » Fri Oct 07, 2011 11:52 am

What date did you register as a CS member?: Mon Jan 24, 2011 4:36 pm
How many posts have you made in the forum (at the time of applying): 1334
Without posting your age, are you at least 18, and willing to risk seeing adult content when screening posts that are waiting for moderator approval: Yes
How many days a week do you usually visit CS? 7 days a week.
How many hours per day do you usually spend on CS, on a day that you do visit? 4 - 5 hours regularly though I have been known to sit around for up to 7 or 8 hours a day.
Have you moderated on any other forums before? If so, please link to them Chicago! (See member: Riley) I can also provide verification if requested. I have modded this RP for three years in all it's various stages and sites and have never been removed from the staff team for any reason. This job originally started out as a "police" like job where I mostly enforced rules. After abut 6 months of that work i was promoted to Global Moderator (at the time the site was "The Lovely Bones"). My job then entailed (and still does) coding, graphics, thread moderation as well as monitoring art and images being used by the players of the RP as we only allowed Stock images to represent the characters. Over the years I have had to enforce various rules such as politeness and art theft and have warned and unfortunately had to ask members to leave the site for too many infractions (a sentence no one wants to carry out). I have always prided myself on being fair but stern in my work and still enjoy it to this day. Even though I was always the one to hand out warnings and the like, I am still openly welcomed by our members and have many times received the "Staff of the Month" award (something I am very proud of and thank the members for immensely).

I also own my own site, Cinis Cor in which I do all of what I do above as well maintain the board in codes, advertisement and major site decisions.
Now the important question: Why do you want to be a moderator for CS? To lend a helping hand on a site that I already spend so much time on. I love art and I feel that it would be a good outlet for wanting to help. I feel that with my past experiences, I would be able to handle this work quite efficiently. I also understand the importance of needing to be firm with the rules but I can also provide a positive experience in the end, hopefully with the rule breaker having learned a lesson. I want to be able to give back to a community that has supported me by doing the best that I can for them and making CS a nicer and smoother place to hang around in.
Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position I deal well with other people, often providing an open mind and ear to issues and problems (also see I deal well with angry people). I spent four years in JROTC (graduated Captain and Commander of BRAVO company) where I learned mediation skills as well as general people skills both in the true classroom and in practical experience dealing with the cadets under my command. It was my duty to enforce not only our creed of he corp but the school rules as well in the JROTC classroom and on our various trips as well as take action if these rules and guidelines were broken. I graduated the core with mediation awards from both the core and the Kiwanis club. As mentioned above I have large amounts of experience dealing with people online as well who have broken rules and dealing with those situations in various ways. I am also a very honest and straightforward person, knowing how to handle a situation while still sticking to my guns and getting the job done.
Riley's Info Box wrote:
Being a geek is all about
being honest about what you
enjoy and not being afraid to
demonstrate that affection.
It means never having it play
it cool about how much you like
something. It's basically a license
to proudly emote on a somewhat
childish level rather than
behave like a supposed adult.
Being a geek is extremely liberating.
-----------------------------------
Trade Thread
Seeking:
Horoscopes - 3/12
2009 Staff Dogs - 7/11

ImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage
Riley

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby moon gem » Fri Oct 07, 2011 12:03 pm

1.What date did you register as a CS member?: (if it's less than 8 months ago, do not apply)

Jul 21, 2010

2.How many posts have you made in the forum (at the time of applying): (if it's less than 300, do not apply)

3.Without posting your age, are you at least 18, and willing to risk seeing adult content when screening posts that are waiting for moderator approval: (If you don't know what I'm talking about, read the first post again):

Yes, i am over the age limit by quite a bit, and i am very well able to view adult content./color].

[color=#8000BF]4.How many days a week do you usually visit CS?:

Every day

5.How many hours per day do you usually spend on CS, on a day that you do visit?:

at least 2 hours a day if i am busiy. 6-8 on week ends or holidays.

6.Have you moderated on any other forums before? If so, please link to them:

Yes,chatwithme.freeforums.org, Frazzledbacon.myadopts.com(may not be active), viewtopic.php?f=21&t=693731 just let me know if any of theese dont work i can get better links.

7.Now the important question: Why do you want to be a moderator for CS?:

Ever since i have started playing chickensmoothie i have always looked up to the mods and the useres with colored usernames. I am a great role model, i can help answer questions, and i can mantain a calm personality when my skills are tested. I have tons of experence with moding, and admining and am always very realiable and careful to do my job to the very best of my abiltity.

8.Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position (this is not required) (for example do you speak any other languages, or have you had any experience in peer mediation?):

I speak french,a little spanish, and full english, chinese, german, and philipian (i bealive that how its spelled. im constantly learning new languages so this si subject to change all the time.)

I made a few edits to my form.
Last edited by moon gem on Mon Oct 10, 2011 10:13 am, edited 2 times in total.

she/her • i love stars & ur flowers
lesbian • feel free to message me just to chat!
moon gem

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Ricorn » Fri Oct 07, 2011 12:10 pm

People, please read the first post. If you do not qualify DO NOT POST!!!

There will be no exceptions to the age requirement! I've already seen a couple forms that do not meet that. It doesn't matter if you are a few weeks off - if you are not 18 by the end of this application thread closing, your form will not be considered.

Image Image Image Image
Clowns to the left of me.
Jokers to the right.
Here I am, stuck in the middle with you.
Image Image Image Image

Tumblr || Flight Rising
Ricorn

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby blazesong » Fri Oct 07, 2011 12:16 pm

1.What date did you register as a CS member?: feb 28 2010
2.How many posts have you made in the forum (at the time of applying):9961
3.Without posting your age, are you at least 18, and willing to risk seeing adult content when screening posts that are waiting for moderator approval: i am of age to apply and i do not mind seeing the content i may see
4.How many days a week do you usually visit CS?: everyday
5.How many hours per day do you usually spend on CS, on a day that you do visit?: depends normaly 3+ (adverage) unless having pc problems, wich then i spend every second i can on CS
6.Have you moderated on any other forums before? If so, please link to them: no just some shut down rp sites and i help with the monthley trade threds on here
7.Now the important question: Why do you want to be a moderator for CS?:i like to help keep sites im on clean and safe for younger viewers , i have loved CS for a wile and i want to help keep it safe for everyone ,i allso love to help so any help i could do as a mod id like to do, im allso hoping to help with the art theifts,i strongley dislike people stealing art (on another site im sure the mods are fed up wit me reporting art thieft XD) and would love to help reduse it, but allso tell the person why its theift as so to help them
8.Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position (this is not required) (for example do you speak any other languages, or have you had any experience in peer mediation?) i speek italian (but i dont like to online offen) i own horses so im good at dealing with rudeness and stubbonness i allso teach riding so i can deal with younger people , i may not be the best of spellers but i am a very kind person
Last edited by blazesong on Fri Oct 14, 2011 10:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.

i need a new signature

blazesong

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Pluma » Fri Oct 07, 2011 12:18 pm

What date did you register as a CS member?: October 21, 2008.
How many posts have you made in the forum (at the time of applying): 1122
Without posting your age, are you at least 18, and willing to risk seeing adult content when screening posts that are waiting for moderator approval: Yes, I am.
How many days a week do you usually visit CS?: Every day if possible.
How many hours per day do you usually spend on CS, on a day that you do visit?: between 1-4 hours. Mostly for reading through topics in general chat, and the monthly discussion thread.
Have you moderated on any other forums before? If so, please link to them: No, sadly not.
Now the important question: Why do you want to be a moderator for CS? I have spend many good years in CS, and I do look forward to many more years here. I have met many nice and kind people, and I want to help others and new members to get the same good and safe treatment here. Making Chickensmoothie into a friendly place for everyone, and clear out on those who tries to spoil the fun, or in general makes trouble, and a uncomfortable atmosphere. I would feel good about knowing that I'm part of what makes CS a nice place to be for everyone, and work together with a good team to do so. I would love to volunteer to give my time to CS, and help clear out in spam, and keep track of members keeping to the rules. Giving myself more time to use on CS except of just reading through the topics, but then also be able to do something about the errors I see on daily basis, like off-topic threads, spam, fights and threads in wrong topics. I like to help out people, and would gladly offer my help to new and current members.
Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position: I speak danish, english, german and a bit of spanish. I use most of my day on the computer, so I will have lots of time to spend on CS, and be available almost all the time. I got a calm nature, and won't let bad language or raging members get to me, and will try see things from both sides and clear things up in a fight.
Last edited by Pluma on Fri Oct 07, 2011 12:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pluma

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me