Updates to the pound!

Announcements about events or changes to the website and forum

Re: Updates to the pound!

Postby huskyhiccups » Wed Apr 10, 2024 8:41 pm

Nick wrote:The only way to get consistently bigger openings is to run them less frequently. We could do that if people want.

I personally would prefer more openings but less frequently. Maybe run a poll? :D

Also, I had no issues here tonight! Huge thank you for doing these updates and keeping us in the know!
ImageImage
Call me Mew or huskyhiccups! (she/her) ♡
I love
coffee, RuPaul's Drag Race, Smosh, Final Fantasy XIV,
Star Stable, The Sims, Kingdom Hearts, and Danganronpa!
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
UR, OMGSR, & old store pet countmy listomy FR

May is Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome & Hypermobility
Spectrum Disorder awareness month!
huskyhiccups

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby XxFlamepoolxX » Wed Apr 10, 2024 8:46 pm

I think another neat idea would be to randomly open the pound with no countdown. I feel like lots of people just set timers and there’s a ton of server traffic. The pound empties in mere minutes. If we didn’t know when the pound would open, it would be more of a chance opportunity and less of a scramble for who gets there first. It would also empty a lot slower so less resources will need to be used per opening to appease everyone. Would probably help with the lag issues people have been having too
Image Image

GRAB BAGS & RARES FOR C$

Selling TH characters HERE
XxFlamepoolxX

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Nick » Wed Apr 10, 2024 8:50 pm

Unfortunately randomly opening with no countdown would only make things worse. The Discord bots would just check it every 10 seconds in order to send notifications, and so basically only Discord users would ever hear about the pound being open, regular users would never see it.

The countdown gives humans time to react and plan, whereas random openings only favour robots.
Nick
Admin

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby XxFlamepoolxX » Wed Apr 10, 2024 8:55 pm

Nick wrote:Unfortunately randomly opening with no countdown would only make things worse. The Discord bots would just check it every 10 seconds in order to send notifications, and so basically only Discord users would ever hear about the pound being open, regular users would never see it.

The countdown gives humans time to react and plan, whereas random openings only favour robots.

That’s true… it’s a very tricky situation now that we have bots that track everything. They’re both useful and making things harder for others. Hmm I’ll keep thinking maybe I’ll come up with something that works. Thanks for listening as always Nick
Image Image

GRAB BAGS & RARES FOR C$

Selling TH characters HERE
XxFlamepoolxX

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Bethors_lady » Wed Apr 10, 2024 9:40 pm

Luck on the pound is way down since new change .. by the time I am in everything is already took ... and I logged in the second it started and yet 6 pet already took by the time I hit one and it was the first one so not even a second in to it .. and was the same the last couple off pound runs .. I wounder if the bots are already working there magic as I have definitely had "sorry looks like that has gone" and I have click the first one I see so not even checking just to see what happens and this morning was at least 3/4 times it happened ...
Hi and still new to this and only just found this part too lol
I love all on here but most of all babies/ dragons/pps/butterfly wolves and anything fantasy based ,
I am also at the moment only trading from my Trade/Doubles group mostly for my wishlist but will look at other trades .. and would love to get one of every pet on here

Gifts are always welcomed as love to rehome all

well have a great day ahead :)

Oh and Liam22 is my partner and Star_shine is my sister so trade's may not always seem fair
Bethors_lady

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby jprspereira » Wed Apr 10, 2024 11:07 pm

Nick wrote:We cannot just set the number of pets in each opening arbitrarily high, it can only be set as high as the rate of pets actually being donated to the pound, or else the pound will run empty. We cannot sustain the temporary increase in the opening size to 2,000 for the Easter event.

The only way to get consistently bigger openings is to run them less frequently. We could do that if people want.

There's a fix pending now for the next pound opening which should reduce or eliminate the number of deadlock errors, or at least reveal the next piece that needs to be fixed instead. The aim is to reduce this as close to zero as possible with further updates.

You guys have 800k pets in the Pound. These pets have been there for years. The UR bee that was in the Pound the other day has been in the Pound since 2013!

But here's an idea:

- Remove the "Delete Pet" option. It's outdated and it was based on where people could adopt as many pets as they wanted, right? Instead, add the option to the same exact place: "Donate to Pound".

Have an option for people quitting to donate EVERYTHING to the Pound, both pets and items in a few clicks. Give them 1 week or so to reconsider (i.e. cancel their decision, like you do with the 10 hours already). A lot of people don't wanna deal with the pain of adding every pet to the Pound, so people just quit without doing anything, probably end up deleting pets in rage (I've had a lot of people tell me they rage-delete pets), or in the better of scenarios, they create a thread on donation centers, and have to constantly be accepting trades from people for days and days. If this sounds like pain, you got it right. It is pain.

Chicken Smoothie could just have these pets for Pound, and this would allow to make more interesting things with it for everyone. More people would be online outside of events. CS grows. Everyone is happy. Those pets from adoption centers of people quitting are better off with YOU, so you can do more fun stuff for everyone!
jprspereira

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ChaoticShort » Wed Apr 10, 2024 11:25 pm

jprspereira wrote:
Nick wrote:We cannot just set the number of pets in each opening arbitrarily high, it can only be set as high as the rate of pets actually being donated to the pound, or else the pound will run empty. We cannot sustain the temporary increase in the opening size to 2,000 for the Easter event.

The only way to get consistently bigger openings is to run them less frequently. We could do that if people want.

There's a fix pending now for the next pound opening which should reduce or eliminate the number of deadlock errors, or at least reveal the next piece that needs to be fixed instead. The aim is to reduce this as close to zero as possible with further updates.

You guys have 800k pets in the Pound. These pets have been there for years. The UR bee that was in the Pound the other day has been in the Pound since 2013!

But here's an idea:

- Remove the "Delete Pet" option. It's outdated and it was based on where people could adopt as many pets as they wanted, right? Instead, add the option to the same exact place: "Donate to Pound".

Have an option for people quitting to donate EVERYTHING to the Pound, both pets and items in a few clicks. Give them 1 week or so to reconsider (i.e. cancel their decision, like you do with the 10 hours already). A lot of people don't wanna deal with the pain of adding every pet to the Pound, so people just quit without doing anything, probably end up deleting pets in rage (I've had a lot of people tell me they rage-delete pets), or in the better of scenarios, they create a thread on donation centers, and have to constantly be accepting trades from people for days and days. If this sounds like pain, you got it right. It is pain.

Chicken Smoothie could just have these pets for Pound, and this would allow to make more interesting things with it for everyone. More people would be online outside of events. CS grows. Everyone is happy. Those pets from adoption centers of people quitting are better off with YOU, so you can do more fun stuff for everyone!

I very much agree with this! :]
- Chaotic
- adult
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
- -------------- -
(art is mine)
ChaoticShort

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ACat » Wed Apr 10, 2024 11:42 pm

Also in support of this!!
ACat

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby lepilob » Wed Apr 10, 2024 11:47 pm

just wanna add this is totally reasonable, and while i know a lot of people seem to complain abt l&f i would prefer more l&f if it meant getting higher pet counts when we do have pounds (ETA) it's also just preferable to have less pounds, as many people find having too many at a time stressful
jprspereira wrote:But here's an idea:

if this would be possible, i definitely second this. the delete button feels unfair as silly as that sounds, as in a game with rarities and limited quantities, letting people just get rid of things as they please to drag the rarity up is a pain

‎I'm new!!!

bare with me if i mess up trading or smth ::p

not good w messages in trades as i often forget it exists, sry ─.─||

autistic and obsessed w lamoids, pyurae hoarder!!

Thank you <3
lepilob

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby amaoretto » Thu Apr 11, 2024 1:07 am

jprspereira wrote:You guys have 800k pets in the Pound. These pets have been there for years. The UR bee that was in the Pound the other day has been in the Pound since 2013!

But here's an idea:

i really like this idea ! definitely would help to get more pets circulating into the pound and l&f :) hopefully something like this would be easy to implement

i also wouldn’t mind a few more l&f openings as well if that meant more pound pets !
x
x
x
x
x
x
x

ama | adult | art shop | th
commissions: ✔ PMs: ✔
looking to trade for ALL
pets adopted 7/24
art by tsu-bear