Hiring moderators - NOW CLOSED.

Announcements about events or changes to the website and forum

Re: Hiring forum moderators: Apply Within.

Postby Chry » Mon Jun 08, 2009 4:27 pm

OPTIONAL QUESTIONS:
What country are you from?: I'm from Australia
Around what age are you? I'm 19, turning 20 in October.

COMPULSORY QUESTIONS
How long have you been a member on CS?: I've been here since September 26 2008 :)
How often can you come on the CS forums?: Every single day. I can be on here for several hours, or not long at all, but I am always checking in every hour or so. And I mean I am on here every single day lol.
How much time do you usually spend on CS in an average day or week?: That can vary. I can be on between 1 and 4 hours a night, and even more on weekends. Sometimes its only 10 hours a week, other times, especially when im in a trading mood, it can average out to 20 hours. If I am chosen, I can get on here alot more. I am only at Tafe 3 days a week, and I don't have a job (I am not paid for the work I do at the Pharmacy on a wednesday. It is classed as "work experience" and its through GippsTafe), so I can be on here as often as needed :)
Have you ever been a moderator on any other sites, if so please link to them: I have been a moderator on several small sites. They have all since retired and no longer accessible. But, I was the leader of a guild with a 100 members and the Leader of an alliance of 10 guilds, each with roughly 100 members about a week ago, I stepped down as the real leader had returned from a 4 month absence. Its in a game called Guild Wars, an MMORPG. Most of the people in those guild's are roughly 13 - 17 years old. And I was on guild wars quite frequently so, I was normally PM'ed about 100 times every hour I was online and it wasn't always pretty, I can take abuse very well. I used to be a Peer Mediator in Primary and Secondary school, so I know how to sort out arguments. I am also doing a course on Customer Relations and Pharmacy, I know that probably has hardly any impact on here, but I know how to talk to people and I know I could be a very helpful addition to your staff :)
Why do you want to be a moderator here?: I would like to be a moderator here because I want to contribute back to you, Tess, and the site. I am very hard working, I am mature but I can be fun :) and I am always very helpful. I am capable of handling tense and sometimes abusive situations. I always look for the most beneficial outcome of all disagreements.
Any other comments?: I am currently on placement in a Pharmacy on Wednesdays. I am very tactful and empathic to all situations. I have to be mature and discreet towards all of my customers, and I think that these skills would be very helpful here on CS. Especially when handling situations with Pre-Pubescent kids and teenagers. I have young brothers and sisters, so I am able to listen to younger people easily, and I am very patient as well when it comes to arguments etc. as I know how people feel when they are upset, frustrated and angry.
I know that I would be a great addition to your staff, I can get along with other staff members and everyone else here at Chicken Smoothie. I will take this Job seriously, as I know it takes alot of time and effort to keep a site running smoothly. Please consider me for the Position, and If you have any further inquiries, don't hesitate to ask.
Last edited by Chry on Wed Jun 10, 2009 7:26 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Chry

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Svaler » Mon Jun 08, 2009 4:31 pm

grabthesunshine wrote:I have a question. When the people who have been chosen for Moderators, do they become Global or Forum Moderators? Or is there any difference?

I believe that Global moderators are hired to survey the International forum for things that only they, as residents of different countries, can sort out. This is a thread to hire the forum mods, like the title says. There's a description of them in the first post.

Hope I helped.

Trading ALL items for pets.
Seriously. If I have an item, send a trade for it.
Svaler

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Missy » Mon Jun 08, 2009 5:02 pm

Good luck everybody, there's alot of entries now ^^
*yawns* I just edited mine and it took a while (must not fall asleep.)
ImageImageImageImageImage

I am a holibomber!
I have gifted 15 people.
I have received 9 gifts.
Missy

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby animalabby61 » Mon Jun 08, 2009 5:31 pm

OPTIONAL QUESTIONS: None really
What country are you from?:Im from the U.S.A Im on the eastern time-zone.
Around what age are you? 13 years [I know that kinda young but HEY! Y not!?]

COMPULSORY QUESTIONS
How long have you been a member on CS?: I think ive been on for about a month or two, Ive joined a couple of other websites that use these images as there siggys and I wanted one. Mostly I use the wolf images but the owls r kewl lookin too! ;)
How often can you come on the CS forums?: I go on the Role Play forum the most but sometimes I like to see if theres any good games. I of course like to look at the news but manily just the Role Play.
How much time do you usually spend on CS in an average day or week?: I spend almost everyday on here. Usally for an avrage of 2 hours or so.
Have you ever been a moderator on any other sites, if so please link to them: Actully yes on some of my other Role Play sites!
http://virtualwarriorworld.proboards.com/index.cgi? This one is were I first learned about this site. Im currently Skyflight the FireClan medicine cat.
http://warriorsintothewoods.proboards.com/index.cgi? For this one im Twilightnight ShadowClans medicine cat.
http://warriorwolvesrp.proboards.com/index.cgi? This one is my favorite! I created this wolf website. So I am Abby and Aurora on this one.
Why do you want to be a moderator here?: I think I want to be a moderator on CS because I think I could be very good at it! Im very well organized and usally go with the flow kinda person. At times when I know people r breaking the rules though [like on my wolf website] I will PM them or tell them upfront what there problem is. If they dont do anything about it I will ban them, its usally 3 strikes and there O-U-T.
Any other comments?: If u accept me please PM me or email me at, animalabby61@aol.com
Pet's name: Zebra
Adopt your own!Image
Pet's name: Heaven
Adopt your own!Image
Pet's name: Blue
Adopt your own!
animalabby61

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby SairenMin » Mon Jun 08, 2009 5:32 pm

OPTIONAL QUESTIONS:
What country are you from?: Central TimeZone, USA
Around what age are you? 19++ XD

COMPULSORY QUESTIONS
How long have you been a member on CS?:
About 9 months
How often can you come on the CS forums?: Usually about 3 times a day, for about 2 hours each visit.
How much time do you usually spend on CS in an average day or week?: Average day, atleast 6 to 8 hours depending on the day.
Have you ever been a moderator on any other sites, if so please link to them: No, I have never been a moderator for a site or a forum in this sort of setting. I have run a few guilds on MMOs and a few forums for roleplaying and guild purposes, but nothing compared to the size and scale of this website.
Why do you want to be a moderator here?: Mostly, because I really enjoy it here. I've gotten involved in numerous adoption websites in the past year, but this is the only one I have grown fond of due to its warm and laid back atmosphere. No one is all high and mighty; plus even the newer people tend to be just as friendly as the oldest members. So I really wish to be a deeper part of this community and help out with my time, if it is needed and welcomed ofcourse. ^_^
Any other comments?:Nothing really, other then good luck finding the right mod for this site even if it isn't me. ^_^

xxxxxxxxxx
Greetings! Just call me Jude or TG
Adult, Parent, Married, They|Them
Full-time teacher, parent and partner
Part time procrastinator and artist/writer
-
ImageImage

SairenMin

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Tess » Mon Jun 08, 2009 6:33 pm

svaler wrote:
grabthesunshine wrote:I have a question. When the people who have been chosen for Moderators, do they become Global or Forum Moderators? Or is there any difference?

I believe that Global moderators are hired to survey the International forum for things that only they, as residents of different countries, can sort out. This is a thread to hire the forum mods, like the title says. There's a description of them in the first post.

Hope I helped.

global/forum mods are given the same powers on this site so whichever term u prefer really, international mods are different as they only have power in the international board (and I'm not hiring for that board currently)
Click here if you need help from CS Staff or General Helpers!
Tess
Admin

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby IIIV » Mon Jun 08, 2009 7:41 pm

OPTIONAL QUESTIONS: None
What country are you from?: Australia
Around what age are you? I'm only 13

COMPULSORY QUESTIONS
How long have you been a member on CS?: Since December last year
How often can you come on the CS forums?: At least every second day
How much time do you usually spend on CS in an average day or week?: I'm normally on everyday anywhere from 20 min-3 hours
Have you ever been a moderator on any other sites, if so please link to them: No, not really on many other sites
Why do you want to be a moderator here?: I'd like to help C.S run smoothly and I just want to do what I can to help
Any other comments?: Not really sure I'd be the best choice, because I'm young and might not know what to flag as innopropriate, but If you'd like me to be a mod i'd be happy to.
P.S good luck everyone :)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Come sit with me while the walls press in...

...And I brought you nightmares. Or did I? Or was it a silly, inexpert little lie? You live in a dream. You're a sleepwalker, blind. How do you know what the world is like? Do you know the world is a foul sty? Do you know, if you rip off the fronts of houses, you'd find swine? The world's a hell. What does it matter what happens in it?-(Shadow of a Doubt)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
IIIV

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Kotaro » Mon Jun 08, 2009 11:48 pm

So many pages owo
And i've been reading all of them :* Many good people for the job ^_^
A good luck hug to everyone -nuzzles-
<33
Kotaro

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby koolkatkoolkat123 » Tue Jun 09, 2009 12:13 am

OPTIONAL QUESTIONS: (you don't have to answer this section!)
What country are you from?: (this is just for timezone reference)England
Around what age are you? (14 or under, 15 - 18, or 19+)13

COMPULSORY QUESTIONS
How long have you been a member on CS?:About a year
How often can you come on the CS forums?:Every day but depends if i'm at school or not
How much time do you usually spend on CS in an average day or week?:About 60 hours
Have you ever been a moderator on any other sites, if so please link to them:No
Why do you want to be a moderator here?:I hate it when people break the rules and I want to help prevent it
Any other comments?:No
Trying to get back into roleplaying, haven't done it for a while. I like roleplaying wolves but they have to be realistic so no alpha beta delta and especially no healer ranks. I like big cats, horses, cats. I like roleplaying warrior cats. I don't play a lot with human characters unless they're shapeshifters or dragon riders.

So if you have a roleplay that needs more members send me a PM.
koolkatkoolkat123

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby manders » Tue Jun 09, 2009 1:18 am

What country are you from?: I'm From the United States.
Around what age are you? I'm 16

COMPULSORY QUESTIONS
How long have you been a member on CS?:
How often can you come on the CS forums?: I have a personal computer so i can be on the CS forums all night, and day. I have no time limit for my internet access.
How much time do you usually spend on CS in an average day or week?: I spend at least one hour to two hours on Cs each day.
Have you ever been a moderator on any other sites, if so please link to them: I was a mod on Runescape.com but i have since then quit that game.
Why do you want to be a moderator here?:I want to be a moderator to protect the younger childern from profanity, or explicite lanuage. I want to be a part of my favorite website and help keep it clean from discusting lanuage. or rude topics so that everyone member or non-member can enjoy Cs as much as i do.
Any other comments?: Thanks in advance for considering my application.
manders

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me