Recent changes and reminders - Feb 2013

Announcements about events or changes to the website and forum

Re: Recent changes and reminders - Feb 2013

Postby ~*Reeses*~ » Sat Feb 23, 2013 3:49 am

What if someone sent a trade and said it was fair and said other people said that other people said it was too but it really wasn't fair?
~*Reeses*~

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ratonhnhaké:ton » Sat Feb 23, 2013 3:53 am

You'll be missed, Tuike. ♥

Thanks for the word on scamming, Tess.
ratonhnhaké:ton

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Oops_hi » Sat Feb 23, 2013 3:58 am

I love this!
ImageImageImageImage

ImageImage[/center]
Oops_hi

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Cloudsong » Sat Feb 23, 2013 4:09 am

~*Reeses*~ wrote:What if someone sent a trade and said it was fair and said other people said that other people said it was too but it really wasn't fair?

If someone is trying to convince you that it is fair, red flags should immediately go up. There's a possibility that they just don't know their rarities, but always be on guard for scammers..

I would always ask for a second opinion on the is this a fair trade thread? before you accept the trade. Experienced traders will be able to advise you on the matter.

Also, sad to see Tuike go - you helped out a lot of people out as a GH! ^^
Last edited by Cloudsong on Sat Feb 23, 2013 4:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
I'm no longer an active member of this community, but I'm always looking to commission art of my dog, Pascal the Pomeranian! ^^ PM me if you're interested in drawing him, and we can discuss payment.
Cloudsong

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Bigby » Sat Feb 23, 2013 4:10 am

Sorry to see you go Tuike ;_;

Thank You for clearing things up Tess :3

For years I have been rushing around,
taking whatever I fancied,
not giving a tinker's curse for those I hurt.
And yet here I am, with riches and reputation,
feeling no wiser than when I left home.
And when I turn around,
look at the course I run,
there's not a man or woman
that I love left standing beside me.

R.I.P Edward Kenway - 10/03/1693 - 03/12/1735

Bigby

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby octoberwind » Sat Feb 23, 2013 4:20 am

Good bye Tuike, sorry to see you go!
[gone]
octoberwind

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby nickjr » Sat Feb 23, 2013 5:25 am

odin wrote:
It's not worth fighting over a trade disagreement, and not everyone is really trying to rip you off.

Omg, thank you so much. I'm tired of people posting every trade they get in the Trade rant thread, like everyone on CS is just out to scam them or something! I'm just tired of the people there arguing and bickering over the stupidest things, when- when they cancel a trade, they have an option to either help the person by linking them to a pet guide, or confuse them even more (and also probably hurt their feelings) by leaving the remarks they leave for the other person. Just cancel with a reason and a guide to help them, or please don't say anything at all if you can't be nice!
The clarification was definitely needed! Just because someone might have a "valuable pet" doesn't mean they know what a fair trade is. Maybe they were gifted the pet, or maybe they sent an unfair trade for it and got accepted? So, before you all jump down their throats, think: maybe they just think that's how all they pets are? And think before you respond, especially if it's a COPPA person, it's probably a CHILD. So again, instead of cancelling with a snide remark, link them to a guide so they can learn how to trade more fairly in the future.

Sorry to see Tuike won't be a helper anymore. She has always seemed nice. But glad to see she'll be sticking around!

This do much! People were starting to rant about getting trades that were only a touch unfair (like an early 2011 uncommon for a late 2011 uncommon; compared to trades like a very common for a UR tiger, that's not a big deal and people fuss overt it anyway). I never understood why people cancel trades with snippy comments from users who probably don't realize all of the many factors of pet values... Repeat offenders and scammers are one thing, but people who genuinely don't realize that there are 274972 factors in pet value are another thing entirely and should not be groups with scammers, even if they have rares list pets (which they could have gotten for free from nice users or quitting users)...

On phone I blame autocorrect
Spread the word to end the word, because discrimination based on perceived or actual IQ/"intelligence" is no better than discrimination based on race, gender, etc.

Context, consistency, and clear antecedents are golden.
I neither read nor speak between the lines. But I will analyze your language.

Often on phone |||| Timezone: EDT/EST (CS Time -4/-5) |||| Very turbulent life IRL
Intentionally turned off signatures; PMs off June 2013 - June 2020, may turn off again later
Banner by Moonflight Image It's been over 10 years since my request, and I still love it. Thank you so much!

Character in avatar is from CS's 2015 Sucrose City summer event. Border made by me in MS Paint, Windows 8.1 xD
nickjr

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Fat Unicorn » Sat Feb 23, 2013 6:51 am

Tuike's retiring? I honestly never saw that coming. D: She was an amazing GH from my experience, and it's sad to see another GH/official person who helped so many people go. It's great that she's sticking around, though.

And thank you so much for clarifying what is and what isn't a scam. This will make CS life a bit easier for all us now that people won't make assumptions straight off the bat. x3
Fat Unicorn

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Jetti » Sat Feb 23, 2013 7:21 am

Thank you Tess.
Jetti