Oekaki Moderator Applications NOW CLOSED, selecting staff

Announcements about events or changes to the website and forum

Re: Oekaki Moderator Applications NOW OPEN

Postby Rats. » Wed Feb 27, 2013 3:45 am

What date did you register as a CS member?: Sep,11, 2011
How many posts have you made in the forum (at the time of applying): 5106(even though i'm not good at roleplying).
How many days a week do you usually visit CS?: Every Day.
How many hours per day do you usually spend on CS, on a day that you do visit?: More then 2 hours
Have you moderated on any other forums before? If so, please link to them: yes but on anoother site i do not remember witch one, sorry.
Have you ever used the CS oekaki to draw?: Yes when i get an idea i love to learn how to use my tablet in the oekaki.
Do you ever spend much time browsing the oekaki board just to look at the art posted there?: Yes i love browsing through the skeatches and experiments, intermediate,and beginner where i find many good drawings.
Why do you want to be an oekaki moderator for CS?: CS is my place of peace every one is so nice here, I would love to help make CS become a better community and help the COPPA's with where to place there drawings and such.
Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position: Yes i know the basics of the oekaki , i have even helped someone with lock alpha before, they told me they didn't even know how until i showed them

«Call me Kc!»
«She/Her»
«Bi»
«Previous name was Wake Up Lieutenant»
Rats.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby corviidae » Wed Feb 27, 2013 3:46 am

1. What date did you register as a CS member?:
Wednesday, June 08, 2011 ^-^
2.How many posts have you made in the forum:
15,851 Posts
3.How many days a week do you usually visit CS?
I visit everyday, for more than two hours. Sometimes I come on the weekends, depending whether I am busy or not.
4.How many hours per day do you usually spend on CS, on a day that you do visit?
I spend at least more than four hours on CS per day. Unless something eventful has happened, I spend most of my time on CS. :3
5.Have you moderated on any other forums before? If so, please link to them:
Official Video Game Fanclub! <- I am the owner. :)
6.Have you ever used the CS oekaki to draw?
I use the CS oekaki to draw all the time!
7.Do you ever spend much time browsing the oekaki board just to look at the art posted there?
Yes, I do. I like to see the art people come up with.
8.Why do you want to be an oekaki moderator for CS?
I want to be able to help moderate the boards! I have always wanted to; especially with something that I love to do: draw! And I want to contribute more to CS by helping out with being a oekaki moderator. And with more than just approving COPPA posts, I would love to even help them out with more if I could. And I've been watching for open positions for a while now, really wanting to be able to have the opportunity. I do have a warning, but it was because I accidentally credited the person who made an art incorrectly. I didn't really do it right. ^^ But I've really wanted to contribute in a way to show how much I appreciate CS and how happy I had been the moment I joined CS.
9.Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position?
Well, I have alot of patience. I can usually deal with problems with no conflict, and I am usually nice when it comes to reminders. If I had to warn them twice I would get harder on them though.
But I've delt with people fighting and arguing on CS, and I have delt with people breaking rules, and spamming on my thread. I put things out nicely most of the time though.
Oh, and I almost forgot to add, I do have a bit of basic knowledge of the Oekaki, but I only use certain tools for how I draw. ^^* And I'm greatly able to handle gory and excessively bloody images. I've seen alot, and I can handle it just fine.

Thank you guys so much for this opportunity! <3 EDIT: I forgot to label some of the questions by numbers. I fixed that. ^.^
Last edited by corviidae on Wed Feb 27, 2013 6:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.
    xxxx_________________xx
        sen - corvii
        xxxxxshe/her ⚢

xnot super active anymore
      xxxask abt my chickens

xxxx_________________xx

xx❁۪ sithis・lucille・betty・calypso ❁۪

❁۪ bandit・millie・zoot・pepper・coconut ❁۪

❁۪ sarsaparilla・truffle・spider・ladybug ❁۪

❁۪ blackbeard ❁۪
corviidae

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby inkyy » Wed Feb 27, 2013 4:00 am

1.What date did you register as a CS member?: (if it's less than 6 months ago, do not apply)
Fri Jan 28, 2011 7:25 pm
2.How many posts have you made in the forum (at the time of applying): (if it's less than 300, do not apply)
I visit every day unless I'm away on trip, I notify people that I'm away by putting a notice in my signature
4.How many hours per day do you usually spend on CS, on a day that you do visit?
On weekdays min- 2 hours max- 5 1/2 Weekends min-3 1/2 max-9 hours
5.Have you moderated on any other forums before? If so, please link to them
Do you mean cs fourms? Or other sites? I haven't on either, sorry.
Yes. I've done,at the current time, 400 oekaki's and counting <33
7.Do you ever spend much time browsing the oekaki board just to look at the art posted there?
Yes, I tend to look mainly in Intermediate and see if any artists I stalk have done any new drawings and then go to beginners to comment on some newer members drawings that I like the look of.
I've always wanted to do something for cs since I've had a wonderful time on here. The oekaki boards have actually devolped my drawings dramaticly.Sometimes I've seen drawings that don't belong on that form and pointed it out to the user kindly.I enjoy helping others and also I love art so this job is somehow suited to a user like myself.
9.Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position (this is not required) (for example have you had any experience in peer mediation? Have you had a ton of experience using the oekaki program?)
I think that I've had a ton of experience with oekaki. I know what all the brushes do ect. and how to use them.
I can be very tolerant to angry users and would always be fair even if they got extremely upset and angry.
Also I don't mind gory/excessive blood in images.
Thank you so much for this chance to give something back to this site <33
Last edited by inkyy on Wed Feb 27, 2013 6:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

live long and prosper!
pfp by millionfish

inky / they / adult
toyhouse flight rising
trade thread
inkyy

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Bigby » Wed Feb 27, 2013 4:13 am

What date did you register as a CS member?:
22nd August 2011

How many posts have you made in the forum?:

How many days a week do you usually visit CS?
Everyday ^^

How many hours per day do you usually spend on CS, on a day that you do visit?
Usually about 6 - 8 hours :3

Have you moderated on any other forums before?
On this website I haven't, but I am a Global Moderator of this site.

Have you ever used the CS oekaki to draw?
Yep, done quite a few Drawings, a lot of them are Colour ins though, mainly because there's so much art on CS that I just can't help myself but colour in xD

Do you ever spend much time browsing the oekaki board just to look at the art posted there?
I look through the Oekaki Forums all the time, about once every 30 minutes - 1 hour, I find it so interesting to see many Users create such beautiful artwork :3

Why do you want to be an oekaki moderator for CS?
I would like to be one because, art is one of my greatest hobbies, in fact, it is what I have chosen to study for my GCSE's. It would be quite nice to help out on the Oekaki boards since I usually just sit around and look at the drawings, being an Oekaki Moderator would give me something that I could do to help these forums, and I'm sure I would really enjoy it :3 I also think it sounds nice to help COPPA'd users post their artwork, it would make me feel like a good person, since I'm giving permission for COPPA'd users to post some really nice artwork, I don't know why it makes me feel generous, but it does x3

Furthermore, I do quite often see quite a few Oekaki Drawings in the wrong forum (Such as colour ins in the editable forum), and I would be more than honoured to move these drawings to the correct forum, and help out with users who are confused about the Oekaki rules (I used to be one of those users, but thanks to help from the staff, I'm very aware now :3).

Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position?:
I'm not really the best with drawing, but I do know pretty much how the tools on Oekaki work ^^
Last edited by Bigby on Wed Feb 27, 2013 8:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

For years I have been rushing around,
taking whatever I fancied,
not giving a tinker's curse for those I hurt.
And yet here I am, with riches and reputation,
feeling no wiser than when I left home.
And when I turn around,
look at the course I run,
there's not a man or woman
that I love left standing beside me.

R.I.P Edward Kenway - 10/03/1693 - 03/12/1735

Bigby

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Epicgirl » Wed Feb 27, 2013 4:16 am

1.What date did you register as a CS member?:
Sun Jul 01, 2012 5:16 pm

2.How many posts have you made in the forum (at the time of applying):
14814 Posts.... Wow thats a lot

7 Days a week, unless it is physically impossible

Probably 5:45am- 8:30 and 3:15pm-10pm on week days
Weeks ends probably When I wake up to -10pm?

5.Have you moderated on any other forums before? If so, please link to them
Not officially

Lots of times, I don't use photoshop or anything since I am so used to the oekaki now

Actually I do, rather a lot too. I like looking at what ones are popular and just browse through the pages, sometimes going past 100 pages (No joke)

Well Chicken Smoothie has helped me make a lot of online friends and also develop my art skills, and I think this would be a great way to give something back to the website. I devote a lot of time to Chicken smoothie and I always love looking at the new ways oekaki develops and watching artists progress over time. I do sometimes spot oekaki that seems to be in the wrong section and I report them so they can be moved. I think I would just love to get a job working with the website and having a younger sister who had just started entered the teenage years, I have learnt how to keep my patience through tough or stressful situations and I find it easier to keep calm online, since I have more online friends than friends in real life if I'm honest. I also took Art for GCSE and will be taking a 5 hour art exam rather soon, I am learning different online techniques from my art teachers too

9.Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position (this is not required) (for example have you had any experience in peer mediation? Have you had a ton of experience using the oekaki program?)
I don't know if I can class it as a skill but I do usually try to offer advice when I can, and when I find oekaki that should be in the coloured in section, I always report it and ask it to be moved. I feel like I'm rather experienced with the oekaki, since I never use any other online drawing tool and I even forced my dad to get me a bamboo tablet to help my skills
Last edited by Epicgirl on Wed Feb 27, 2013 7:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.
ImageImageImage
I Love J a c k s e p t i c e y eI Love G a m e G r u m p sI Love L u c i f e r M o r n i n g s t a r
Epicgirl

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Oliverstorm » Wed Feb 27, 2013 4:20 am

What date did you register as a CS member?: (if it's less than 6 months ago, do not apply)
Sun Dec 25, 2011 8:54 AM

How many posts have you made in the forum (at the time of applying): (if it's less than 300, do not apply)

How many days a week do you usually visit CS?
All 7, if possible.

How many hours per day do you usually spend on CS, on a day that you do visit?
I usually spend well over 12 hours a day on Chicken Smoothie, 1x1'ing and Oekaki'ing.

Have you moderated on any other forums before? If so, please link to them
------

Have you ever used the CS Oekaki to draw?
Yes, I have! I've even gotten a Popular This Week ^.^ Recently, I've come to learn how to shade, and I'm working on drawing a picture that's Intermediate-worthy.

Do you ever spend much time browsing the Oekaki board just to look at the art posted there?
Yes, I do! Whenever I'm waiting for my 1x1 partners, and not Oekaki'ing myself, I browse the Oekaki forms, mainly the Beginners and the Intermediate. I pick up tips on comments from other users, and occasionally comment myself.

I would like to be an Oekaki mod because I always have free time on my hands. Throughout the day, when my 1x1 partners are offline, I just spend my time loafing around CS. I'd like to use that time to make Chicken Smoothie a better, spam-free place, instead of lazying around.

Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position (this is not required) (for example have you had any experience in peer mediation? Have you had a ton of experience using the oekaki program?)
I've been Oekaki'ing ever since I joined in 2011. At first, I knew nothing about layers, brush sizes, ect. But recently, I've acquired the skill of shading, and I've learned to use layers properly. I've made an editable, and a few people have used it! My next goal on CS is to get a feature, but that's a way off.
I'm an experienced user of CS Oekaki, I guess. :3

Thanks for taking time to read my form!
~Oliverstorm
Spirit10 and I are partners, we use the same internet!!

Good Omens.

that is all.
Oliverstorm

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby biohazardous beauty » Wed Feb 27, 2013 4:20 am

1.What date did you register as a CS member?: 31st of July 2009.
2.How many posts have you made in the forum: 9983 posts.
3.How many days a week do you usually visit CS? I visit CS everyday.
4.How many hours per day do you usually spend on CS, on a day that you do visit? I usually spend up to 6hours a day sometimes more depending on how busy my day is.
5.Have you moderated on any other forums before? If so, please link to them: i Have not.
6.Have you ever used the CS oekaki to draw? Yes, I have used it from time to time usually spending a fair amount of time when i do.
7.Do you ever spend much time browsing the oekaki board just to look at the art posted there? I do most times.
8.Why do you want to be an oekaki moderator for CS? I would like to be an oekaki moderator as i enjoy looking at the art within the site and to allow assistantce to other users that may have a problem.
ImageThanks Layalu!
If you play Ovipets on Facebook, Add me - Tasha (i have joker as my avi :3 )
biohazardous beauty

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Mario » Wed Feb 27, 2013 4:22 am

APPLICATION
Tuesday, May 11, 2010.
How many posts have you made in the forum (at the time of applying):
How many days a week do you usually visit CS?:
Seven. It's extremely rare that I skip a day in that week.
How many hours per day do you usually spend on CS, on a day that you do visit?:
At least five hours.
Have you moderated on any other forums before? If so, please link to them:
Unfortunately, no. But I would love to start now.
Yes! As a matter of fact, I have. I love the Oekaki; I use it almost everyday. So far I have made 1,220 Oekakis. 568 Beginners, 406 Colored-ins, 84 Entries, 62 Sketches and Experiments, 61 Created pets, 20 Adoptables, 8 Editables, 6 Intermediates, and 5 Competitions.
Do you ever spend much time browsing the oekaki board just to look at the art posted there?:
Yes, and when I see an Oekaki that I think goes against CS rules, I report it.
Why do you want to be an oekaki moderator for CS?:
I love Chicken Smoothie. Whenever I see an opportunity to help CS, I do. CS is a big part of my life, probably more than it should be. It is my homepage, and I spend hours on it everyday. I want to help the CS community even more by stepping it up a notch. I want Chicken Smoothie to be kid-friendly and enjoyable for all ages. I want to give back to this community for all of the hours of enjoyment it has given me. And even if I don't earn this position, I want to thank you all. So thank you, Chicken Smoothie. Thank you Tess and Nick. I plan to enjoy many, many, many more hours on here.
Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position?:
I am very calm and patient, and I do not use bias when dealing with broken rules. I am also very honest, so I would not be sharing any personal information with others. Since I have used the Oekaki so many times, I know it front-and-back. I know what level Oekakis need to be in to be in the Intermediate sub-forum.

Thank you so much for this opportunity and I hope to be able to serve Chicken Smoothie even more than I already am.
ImageImageImageImage
~ straight pride ~
Mario

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby star note » Wed Feb 27, 2013 4:24 am

What date did you register as a CS member?: (if it's less than 6 months ago, do not apply) I Registered as a C.S member on Fri May 11, 2012. I didn't include the time because it is a little off...I wish I knew about C.S sooner! But, it is what it is.

How many posts have you made in the forum (at the time of applying): (if it's less than 300, do not apply) At the time of applying I have made...1789 posts! :) Wow. That's is quite a lot...

How many days a week do you usually visit CS?: I am usually on every single day of the week. That is unless I am having a family problem or someone is sick.

How many hours per day do you usually spend on CS, on a day that you do visit?: Hmm...usually at least 2 hours a day. So, that means I am usually on 2 hours {or more} , 7 days a week. Wow.

Have you moderated on any other forums before? If so, please link to them: No. I haven't moderated on other forums... But, that's another reason to want to become one! I love to try new things! ^u^

Have you ever used the CS oekaki to draw?: Well, I tried it out but only to experiment. I would love to now, but, unfortunately I have been having troubles getting to draw on oekaki lately. I can view oekaki though. I do draw on DeviantArt. My username is Very-Lucky-13. I just joined, so, I haven't done too much...But, I try! :)

Do you ever spend much time browsing the oekaki board just to look at the art posted there?: Sometimes I do! I just love how some of the users on here are so creative! Also, sometimes I look through it to look for people that are willing to draw my Fursonas.

Why do you want to be an oekaki moderator for CS?:
Well, I love to help out anyway I can! Especially to such a great site! So, this would be just great!

Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position (this is not required) (for example have you had any experience in peer mediation? Have you had a ton of experience using the oekaki program?): Well, My teacher always says that I am one of the best leaders in her class...That I don't act bossy but I ask appropriately. And, that she is very thankful that I am in her class for the times she has to work with students that have fallen behind or don't understand. Hope that kind of helps...XD

Thanks For this Opportunity!

~*Shiver*
star note

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby war paint. » Wed Feb 27, 2013 4:28 am

Thu Feb 23, 2012 2:50 pm ;; It's been a year now!
How many posts have you made in the forum (at the time of applying):
How many days a week do you usually visit CS?:
24/7
How many hours per day do you usually spend on CS, on a day that you do visit?:
I am on until I have to sleep.
Have you moderated on any other forums before? If so, please link to them
no one has joined this., and a old website that has been deleted.
Yes! 23 pages.
Do you ever spend much time browsing the oekaki board just to look at the art posted there?
Yes I do, and I admit, I even warned people that they did something wrong before whenever they didn't follow oekaki rules.
Like stated above, I love the oekaki boards and have lots of free time. I feel that this would be a great opportunity and I hope to teach or help others whenever they have questions about the oekaki boards. I am always here to help and I would love to be a oekaki mod since it is a great dream/goal of mine.
Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position (this is not required) (for example have you had any experience in peer mediation? Have you had a ton of experience using the oekaki program?)
I have lots of experience in oekaki, like drawling skills and etc. I am also one to find myself to be stranded in looking at peoples art work 24/7.
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ImageImage
xImage▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
war paint.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me