Global Mods wanted - NOW CLOSED, selecting...

Announcements about events or changes to the website and forum

Re: Global Mods wanted - apply within!

Postby peapcd » Thu Aug 21, 2014 4:11 am

What date did you register as a CS member?: October 22, 2011
    2.How many posts have you made in the forum (at the time of applying): 32907
    3.Without posting your age, are you old enough (and willing) to risk seeing adult content when screening posts that are waiting for moderator approval: yes
    4.How many days a week do you usually visit CS?: every day at least before bed.
    5.How many hours per day do you usually spend on CS, on a day that you do visit?: 2-12 hours
    6.Have you moderated on any other forums before? If so, please link to them no
    7.Now the important question: Why do you want to be a moderator for CS? I feel that cs needs more active global moderators, and i'm on here quite a bit. I do report topics or posts to tell the mods what's going on if I notice a post has broken any rules, but, at times it takes quite a while to get the content removed before many people see it. I just want to help people, and keep cs a family friendly site where people of all ages can feel comfortable going on.
    8.Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position I speak French and English

-- thank you for looking at my application, and have a nice day. --

hello/bonjour!

┏━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┓
zucc
hey it's me ya boi tansy back from the dead.
hit me up for dank roleplays that's all adios

┗━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┛
peapcd

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby arabella !! » Thu Aug 21, 2014 4:16 am

APPLICATION
Good luck to everyone! <3

1. What date did you register as a CS member?:
    I joined Chicken Smoothie on Wednesday October 30,2013.

2. How many posts have you made in the forum (at the time of applying):
    I made 4,079 posts at the time of applying.

3. Without posting your age, are you old enough (and willing) to risk seeing adult content when screening posts that are waiting for moderator approval:
    It is a shame that some users do this and lots of viewers have to witness this type of content. But Yes,I am old enough to witness adult content,I did view some a couple months back and I was mature about it,reporting this content to Moderators and General Helpers. (And I hope I can help the staff and helpers make this site friendly for everyone!)

4. How many days a week do you usually visit CS?
    I visit CS everyday,seven days a week on a daily basis.

5. How many hours per day do you usually spend on CS, on a day that you do visit?
    Usually,more then 5 hours,or most of the time if I'm lucky 7-9 hours.

6. Have you moderated on any other forums before? If so, please link to them
    Nope,first time. Though,I did moderated some topics and threads on Chicken Smoothie.

7. Now the important question: Why do you want to be a moderator for CS?
    I would LOVE to be a moderator for CS because I love this website and I experienced enough to know what CS is all about and I met the criteria of this website. Chicken Smoothie is a really creative place to be on! From poems to art and I really want to be a big part of something that I really love! Ever since I saw the name and looked over on the site,I fell in love with it! CS also brings your imagination to life and I just adore this site,it is marvelous! I love helping people and CS makes me happy everyday I go on it,I love Role playing and spreading smiles everyday. It would mean an honor if I could actually do more amazing stuff on CS and I can express my own ability to do so. This website means so much to me,I understand the rules of the website and when I see someone not following the rules properly I will ask that person nicely to follow the rules in the best way as possible. I especially love collecting pets every month and ordering them into separate groups,I would also like working with the other moderators on this site and communicate with them,I am also going to act responsible and take care of this site to make it as friendly as possible for many teens and children. It also makes me happy that I will have MORE abilities on Chicken Smoothie if I become a moderator,which makes me so thrilled to apply so I can try to make this site appropriate for many viewers! I also would love to teach many kids and and teens about different things they want to learn about in many different threads and topics. The General Helpers and the Moderators are so inspirational to me,I just really think that I can be really responsible enough to one day be like them. And I love greeting new members,making people happy is an amazing feeling! I also think learning and having fun is amazing and important in life and Chicken Smoothie EXACTLY gives that so I really want to be part of this fantastic community.

8. Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position?
    I will definitely have a positive attitude when I am online,always no matter what! I speak English fluently and I can speak a language called Tamil frequently,I can also speak Swedish fluently! :D I am currently studying about animals and I am going to Medical School soon so I can become a successful Veterinarian,so hopefully I can help with any animal questions that people have as soon as possible. I can help with BB coding,Oekaki and generally CS help :) I am very patient and I never get mad at anyone who does a mistake or can't post on for a week on this site. I love making jokes and I loving making people laugh,I am a very lovable person. I also love organizing and I can help Chicken Smoothie be a safe environment and I can make topics easy to access! I am very friendly,so I really love having fun and chatting with new people ever day on Chicken Smoothie,and making awesome new friends,and I think that is important in a Moderator's Job and I am DIFFIDENTLY capable of doing that role! I am always helpful to people who need it,I am trusting and caring. I am mostly serious and I will NEVER fool around when a serious situation is going on. I try to be a fun and happy on this site I never let anybody down. I also have been taught about Anger Management on my study about Sociology for some time now,and I can deal with problems of teens and kids that might be mean or offensive,but I understand about this concept so i can deal with it nicely and I won't get mad. And I also have worked for Kids Help Phone when I visited Canada for 2 months,so I understand problems that many people have and I can help confidentially around Chicken Smoothie,and help as much as I can. I am also capable of doing any problem even if it is big or small,that is not going to stop me! I am very mature about things,so viewing inappropriate situations is not a problem for me. I also been helping the poor in a job I work in,so I understand if someone has depression,if it is too serious I'll try to give other suggestions other then Chicken Smoothie. Or if it is little,I will surely understand about it and help out the BEST way as I can!

Good luck to everybody! <3 You do not know how much this really means to me,I thank you Tess,Nick and everybody for this amazing job to apply for! It is an honor to apply yet this is my first time,so,I am sorry if I am a bit rusty. Thank you guys for your time and all the best! :D

*edited to purify more information
Last edited by arabella !! on Thu Sep 04, 2014 10:33 am, edited 45 times in total.

hii ! call me ara :3 i luv
all things cute n insane
└───── ♥ ♡ ♥ ─────┘
▀▀▀▀▀ミ★ ▀▀▀▀▀
she/her gamer adult silly
────────────────────

arabella !!

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Vaal Hazak » Thu Aug 21, 2014 4:19 am

]

[*]What date did you register as a CS member?:
Feb 02, 2012

[*]How many posts have you made in the forum (at the time of applying):

[*]Without posting your age, are you old enough (and willing) to risk seeing adult content when screening posts that are waiting for moderator approval:
Yes, of course. I don't have any problem as I am an adult, too xD

[*]How many days a week do you usually visit CS?
7 days

[*]How many hours per day do you usually spend on CS, on a day that you do visit?
As having CS on phone and on computer, I can't really say that perfectly. Something between 10 and 13.

[*]Have you moderated on any other forums before? If so, please link to them
Does facebook count? I am the administrator of a German Howrse fan group, together with three other people. They are very satisfied about me, as I try always to keep the rules of our original side, and try to enforce the rules we put up to make the group's life easier. because fb is not for persons under 13 years I don't post the link I also once moderated on a Howrse fanforum, but this side isn't existing anymore.

[*]Now the important question: Why do you want to be a moderator for CS?
I always like to help people with their problems they have. It doesn't matter what they ask me about the game, I usually know the answer. And, well, I'd also like to help in problems with other players and some problems kinda off CS. (like website-problems or problems with the computer etc.)

[*]Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position (this is not required) (for example do you speak any other languages, or have you had any experience in peer mediation?)
English isn't my native language. My native language is German, and I speak the "dead language" Latin, too. As I told - I am the moderator of a big fangroup of another website. Sometimes there are so heavy catfights, but I always get the kids to calm down. Humour is the best weapon when you have something like this :D
ʏᴏᴜ ʟᴏʀᴅꜱ ᴀɴᴅ ʟᴀᴅʏ ᴘʀᴇᴀᴄʜᴇʀꜱ
░░
░░
░░
░░
░░
░░
░░
░░
░░
░░
░░
░░
░░
░░
░░
ImageImageImageImageImage
𝐈 𝐃𝐄𝐒𝐂𝐄𝐍𝐃 𝐔𝐏𝐎𝐍
┏━━━━━━━━━┓
Imp · Tyty
he/him · they/them
choatic evil hoarder
nightwalker

┗━━━━━━━━━┛
𝐅𝐑𝐎𝐌 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐒𝐊𝐈𝐄𝐒
┏━━━━━━━━━┓
you need help?
with values & trades?
PM me! ✖

┗━━━━━━━━━┛

Vaal Hazak

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby magnussen » Thu Aug 21, 2014 4:57 am

I wish the best of luck to everyone else who is applying! <3

What date did you register as a CS member?:

I've joined on October 6, 2012

How many posts have you made in the forum (at the time of applying):

I currently have 320. I haven't used the forums much until last year I believe.

Without posting your age, are you old enough (and willing) to risk seeing adult content when screening posts that are waiting for moderator approval:

I feel completely comfortable with this.

How many days a week do you usually visit CS?:

I usually visit every day, so seven days a week.

How many hours per day do you usually spend on CS, on a day that you do visit?:

I usually visit for 3 hours or more, depending on my schedule.

Have you moderated on any other forums before? If so, please link to them:

Nope, but I would be willing to learn. I have small experience, though.

Now the important question: Why do you want to be a moderator for CS?:

I would like to be a moderator for CS because I want to be more involved with the community and provide support for other users, online (game issues, forum questions, etc.) and offline (personal problems). I'm on here very often, and I usually have my eyes peeled for something that looks out of the ordinary.

Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position (this is not required) (for example do you speak any other languages, or have you had any experience in peer mediation?):

I speak fluent English, and am currently trying to learn German. I'm very patient, understanding, and very calm. I'm a very serious person, but always here if you need a laugh or something to brighten your day. I try my hardest to help out others and not let them down.
ωιввℓу-ωσввℓу,
тιмєу-ωιмєу ѕтυƒƒ!

he/him.
i have all sorts of interests. /shrug
magnussen

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Nadine » Thu Aug 21, 2014 6:09 am

Laurietta wrote:
Hello there!

I am pretty sure this question has been asked many times, but I would like to know the answer...

What is the difference of a person two months (example) short of being 8 months on here and one that has been 8 months. Would two months be such a big difference, between the gaming knowledge of the two people, It could be the person who applies has absolutly no clue about Chickensmoothie, then the person who only is 6 months and has tons of knowledge of this site, and can´t? Why is their such a specific rule that the person applying must be at least 8 months on here?

-snip-

We require someone with at least 8 months of being on here so that we know that you're likely to have a good knowledge about how everything works, understand all the recent happenings, and that you're not likely to lose interest in CS any time soon.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

~Courageous~
discord: @captainnadine

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
cs rules | get help | free pets
dA | trades | about me

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
she/they isfj dog lover
hello, nadine here
i'm an artist who enjoys music
and other great things in life
feel free to pm me anytime!

🐉 🦌 🐼 🦠 💛
.✫*゚・゚。.☆.*。・゚✫*.
Nadine
General Helper

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Agent Blue » Thu Aug 21, 2014 6:15 am

What date did you register as a CS member?: Thursday Mar 31, 2011

How many posts have you made in the forum: 1272

Without posting your age, are you old enough (and willing) to risk seeing adult content when screening posts that are waiting for moderator approval?: Yes, and I'm comfortable with dealing with this.

How many days a week do you usually visit CS?: Nearly everyday, or every time I'm on the Internet.

How many hours per day do you usually spend on CS, on a day that you do visit? It will vary between 3 and 5 hours, most likely I will stay on for a few consecutive hours.

Have you moderated on any other forums before? I haven't had an official job as a moderator, but I tend to roam the forums and see if I can't help reinstate the rules.

Now the important question: Why do you want to be a moderator for CS?: I've been a part of the CS community for a little over 3 years now, and I really would like to help the people who keep it running. I feel like I know the rules and structure of the community enough to be able to aid in keeping the site safe and positive. My years here have given me experience in what kinds of things moderators may run into, and I know how to handle the situation calmly and professionally.

Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position? For one, I speak both English and Spanish fluently. I've also been a part of other communities in the past (roleplay sites, multiplayer games.) where I have moderated in one way or the other.

Thank you for your consideration and good luck to everyone!

░░
░░
░░
░░
░░
░░
░░
░░
░░
░░
░░
░░
░░
░░
░░
░░
░░
-
Blue
adult ◦ dog enthusiast ◦ geek
━━━◇━━━━◈━━━━◇━━━
━━━◇━━━━◈━━━━◇━━━
links
My Pet Collection/Trading Guide
░░
░░
░░
░░
░░
░░
░░
░░
░░
░░
░░
░░
░░
░░
░░
░░
░░

Agent Blue

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby MacGyver » Thu Aug 21, 2014 6:31 am

1. What date did you register as a CS member?:
January 20, 2012

2. How many posts have you made in the forum (at the time of applying):

3. Without posting your age, are you old enough (and willing) to risk seeing adult content when screening posts that are waiting for moderator approval:
Yes, I am old enough and am willing and able to do so. I have also done so in the past.

4. How many days a week do you usually visit CS?
7 days a week.

5. How many hours per day do you usually spend on CS, on a day that you do visit?
My time spent on CS varies by day, but it averages out to about 4-5 hours a day.

6. Have you moderated on any other forums before? If so, please link to them
Yes, I have. I was the first moderator for MacGyver Online, and enjoyed what I did. My duties included, but were not limited to the following:
  • Checking and approving new members' posts while in the queue
  • Deleting spam
  • Answering any questions members may have
  • Moving topics to the correct subforums
  • Locking duplicate topics
  • Bringing certain members' actions to the admin's attention, when called for
  • etc
The only reason I stepped down was because there were things in life that had needed tending to at the time and I believed I would be unable to do my job as well as I had been previously.
If needed, I can also provide references/statements from the administrator of the aforementioned forum, as well as from the current moderator there.
I have also moderated and have/am in charge of several clubs/discussions on CS.

7. Now the important question: Why do you want to be a moderator for CS?
I would like to become a moderator for CS, because I really do enjoy being a moderator and I would like to help keep the peace and safety of CS and among members, and also help keep CS free of inappropriate content. I am familiar with the CS rules and I'm able to keep a "cool head" during tense and/or uncomfortable situations.
Though I believe myself to be familiar with the rules, if there is something I do not understand, I will not hesitate to ask a senior moderator for clarification.

8. Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position?
Other than my familiarity of my time as a moderator, I am known as patient person and am always willing to help where I can. There are a few members who will sometimes come to me if they need help or advice, and I try to give an unbiased opinion or resolve things peacefully and quietly. I also have experience in real life situations involving disputes/misunderstandings between friends and am usually one of the first people someone with a problem will come to for advice.
I am also able to help members with BBcoding help, if asked.

-Thank you for this opportunity!

*edited to clarify some things.
Last edited by MacGyver on Thu Aug 21, 2014 8:03 am, edited 2 times in total.
MacGyver

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Bernouli » Thu Aug 21, 2014 7:46 am

Please don't apply if your account is younger than 8 months. It does not matter if you've been a guest for that long, or have had another account in the past. The account you are currently using must be 8 months or more. Besides, it's not very desirable to us when choosing moderators if we see you couldn't hold on to your first account and had to make a new one.

Also if you happen to be cheating with multiple accounts, it's probably not a good idea to apply either.
Image Art by Wookieinmashoo
- Need Help? - - Deviantart - - Newest Deviation -
Bernouli

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Colonel Sarcasm » Thu Aug 21, 2014 7:52 am

1.What date did you register as a CS member?:
I have been a member of CS for over two years. I joined on March 20, 2012. (Please note that I have been on a somewhat long hiatus for a couple of months, but when I got the chance I came back and will stay here)

2.How many posts have you made in the forum (at the time of applying):
I have made 3,584 posts and counting.

3.Without posting your age, are you old enough (and willing) to risk seeing adult content when screening posts that are waiting for moderator approval:
Yes, I am willing to help make CS a more family-friendly website.

4.How many days a week do you usually visit CS?
I try as much as possible to visit CS every single day of the week. Occasioanlly, due to events in life, I may not be online for a day.

5.How many hours per day do you usually spend on CS, on a day that you do visit?
The amount of time I spend on CS varies, because I have a busy life, but I try to come on here at least 4-6 hours a day. (Not straight, I might go on for two hours, take a break for a few hours and then go online again for a few hours.) I also have the ability to go onto CS on my phone, so I check in on CS occasionally on my phone, whenever I don't have computer access.

6.Have you moderated on any other forums before? If so, please link to them
I have never done official moderating, but I've mini-modded a few role-plays and threads before. I am always willing to learn new skills though.

7.Now the important question: Why do you want to be a moderator for CS?
Being a member of CS for over two years, has given me a great amount of knowledge about how this website works. I would like to share this knowledge with others. Being a Global Moderator would also give me a chance to rid CS of innapropriate content and helping new members who need some information on how to use the website.

8.Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position:
I, of course, speak English fluently. I also speak and write fluently in the Russian language, but I don't often go into the language boards. [I am also trying to learn Spanish and German at the moment] I currently work as a lifeguard and swim coach in addition to my job, which has helped me gain experience in being patient with others when they are being difficult to work with. I also have plenty of experience with computers and coding.

I wish the best of luck to everyone who is applying for the honors of becoming a Global Moderator on CS!
Currently Under Construction

Mood:
Thinking about mini-skirts. Enough said.

Quote of the Day:
"That's a stupid question, Havoc. I say it because it's true. And when I'm Führer, there will be changes. That day, all female officers will be required to wear...TINY MINISKIRTS!"
- Roy Mustang

Definition of the Day:
Useless: 1. Without useful qualities; Of no practical good. 2. Colonel Roy Mustang in the rain.
Colonel Sarcasm

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby DaDwarf » Thu Aug 21, 2014 8:20 am

• What date did you register as a CS member?: (if it's less than 8 months ago, do not apply) Thu Mar 26, 2009
  • How many posts have you made in the forum (at the time of applying): (if it's less than 300, do not apply) 21986
  • Without posting your age, are you old enough (and willing) to risk seeing adult content when screening posts that are waiting for moderator approval: (If you don't know what I'm talking about, read the first post again) I'm well above 18 and i have no problem with the risk of seeing adult content and getting rid of it.
  • How many days a week do you usually visit CS? Every day.
  • How many hours per day do you usually spend on CS, on a day that you do visit? A rough average of 6+ hours a day, depending on the day of course. When i'm at home CS is always open and when i'm away i browse CS on my phone.
  • Have you moderated on any other forums before? If so, please link to them; I own and moderate a forum and have moderated on two other small RP forums (That are gone now.). I am familiar with some of those sites moderation tools, but none of those sites were as big as CS.

Aside from those, i have moderated several threads on CS, including the very rare hoarders club, the hoarders Discussions thread, The 'how much is this worth?' thread and several artshops and oekaki/forum adoptables from friends. (forum adoptable example, Carpius). I also assist Hekomi with keeping the Fair trade thread clean and deal with pm's/complaints on a regular basis.
  • Now the important question: Why do you want to be a moderator for CS?
    CS has always been the place where i come to relax. I've been helping where i can for a while now and would love the opportunity to help more. I know where threads should be moved, when something is spam, when it isn't, How to help people find what they are looking for and i think i could save some good time by being able to do these things myself instead of having to report them for staff to see c: CS is a very big part of my daily routine, where I scan the many threads and boards and doing my best to assist where and when I can. I usually leave CS open in my browser, I am notified via email when people post, or send me a PM or Trade, and I reply reasonably quickly. I enjoy my stay here on CS, I haven't found a site quite like CS and I fit in here well.

I believe I am quite knowledgeable about CS pet rarities, and because of this, I already receive a lot of PM's from members asking for advice. I come in contact with a lot of people this way. I assist where i can, i'm online most of the time to help users with their problems on CS, either with trades or other more general things. Any problem, i know who to contact or how to get the right information myself. I frequent the help/suggest board and have been doing that for several years, aiding people in finding the right threads or answering their questions, correcting those who give false advice.

I also have been co-owner'ing the monthly outcomes thread for well over a year now, working closely together with my team to help show the growths of each pet once they grow (current thread can be found here). I deal with outcome questions on the thread or through pm monthly as well as having contact with the others via pm or skype to help solve server or image problems. Besides that, i also own several naming guides (6 separate threads but some are together in one thread.), as well as other guides such as the 'how to use the search function' guide on cs and update all name guides on the CS wiki when i have the time.

• Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position (this is not required) (for example do you speak any other languages, or have you had any experience in peer mediation?)
    I speak Dutch, German and English, and i know basic HTML and BBcoding. I know my way around the site very well.

I worked in a pet store for over 2 years, i learned how to deal with angry customers there, how to please them without bending to their will and address them in a calm manner. I own a degree in management skills, which involved a 'how to react' plan for angry/upset people in certain situations, which i can apply on and offline.

Thank you for your time ^.^
Last edited by DaDwarf on Tue Aug 26, 2014 5:14 am, edited 2 times in total.
DaDwarf

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me