Hiring moderators - NOW CLOSED.

Announcements about events or changes to the website and forum

Re: Hiring forum moderators: Apply Within.

Postby Russmond » Fri Jun 05, 2009 4:26 am

I read that you're looking for a mature person, but I'm not sure, that it's who is over 18 years old or who is responsible and reliable... You can always ignore me ^^

OPTIONAL QUESTIONS:
What country are you from?: Poland
Around what age are you?: 13+few months

How long have you been a member on CS?:
Since october '08

How often can you come on the CS forums?:
Every day

How much time do you usually spend on CS in an average day or week?:
1-5 hours a day

Have you ever been a moderator on any other sites, if so please link to them:
No. I don't like them very much. I even don't visit them for months >.<

Why do you want to be a moderator here?:
I know everybody says this, but, of course, I want to help with the forum. I don't want to be an important person, who is respectful- I want to be a normal user. I like Chicken Smoothie so much as we all, and even more. I am as active as I can and help others (especially from my country) with CS when they're 'newbies'. I want to do more, so ask to be a moderator- most people ask them when they have problems and you, Tess, or Nick, are not online.
I know Polish, English and a little German, so I can comunicate with different people who don't know English and speak other languages. Won't come away from CS, because it's my favourite site in the whole Internet. Really.
I put links to CS on the other sites I'm in to advert it. Already many Polish came here 'cause I said it's an awesome site ^^

Any other comments?:
You said you want mature people. And yes, I guess I'm mature- not in the age, but in my mind.

Thanks Tess, Nick, all members- you make better world for me.
Russmond

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Keriae » Fri Jun 05, 2009 4:41 am

What country are you from?: (this is just for timezone reference): England

Around what age are you? (14 or under, 15 - 18, or 19+): 13 years 2 months

COMPULSORY QUESTIONS
How long have you been a member on CS?: I have been a member for 8 months and 1 day. I joined on the 4th of October when the last of the September pets were still up for adoption.

How often can you come on the CS forums?: I can come on every day, just not between 8:40am and 3:00pm. Otherwise i can come nearly all the time. I can come on weekends almost all the time, but my mum sends me out a bit, but i can say that i'm doing my homework to make sure everything is ok on CS!

How much time do you usually spend on CS in an average day or week?: I come every day for about 3 hours sometimes up to 5 hours. I can sometimes get on before 8:00 for up to 40 mins. I come on at the weekends for up to 3 hours a day. I will also sneek on to CS at school for about 5-10 minutes. During the average week, i can come on for about 43 hours.

Have you ever been a moderator on any other sites, if so please link to them: No i haven't, put i'm keen to get started on my favourite website.

Why do you want to be a moderator here?: I want to be a moderator because i like people to follow rules, not bully, and be kind. If i do become a moderator, i don't mind being bulled, because i get bulled a little at school, so i'm used to it. I love helping people, getting a job done. I will always try to answer peoples questions to the best of my ability, i have common sense, but i can make people happy and laugh. Most people like me because i make them laugh and when they are sad, i will personly try to get to the bottom of their problems and sort it out. I am always fair but can be strict about following the rules, but, if it was an accident, i will almost always forgive them and give them another chance. I know mods get most of the peoples anger, but i am tough and won't break down just because of someones opinion. Its who they are and they can't change that, no matter what, and i understand and respect that. I have always looked at all the topics and answered the ones i can to the best of my ability, and it tends to help them. Plus, i have loved CS since i joined, and have come online every day. I know english, and a bit of French, so i will try to comunicate in the best way that i can.

Any other comments?: Umm.....let me see....... If i become a moderator, i will be the best i can and will try to live up to your expectations and will come on as much as i can to help CS be the best it can! I may not be mature by age, but i am by mind. Also, i love this site more that my sister ( I do love her!), and, without you, Tess, Nick, and all the other artists, there would be no CS, non of your cool adoptables, no one would know about you, respect you. So, if i don't get the job, i thank you for looking at my application, and considering me as a worthy candidate. I don't mind if someone else gets the job, because alls fair in love and war, right?
Keriae

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Versa_Mythology » Fri Jun 05, 2009 4:44 am

What country are you from?: USA , Central time
Around what age are you? I'm turning 14 (Unfortunatly XD)

COMPULSORY QUESTIONS
How long have you been a member on CS?: Umm, since around July of '08
How often can you come on the CS forums?: umm, almost everyday
How much time do you usually spend on CS in an average day or week?: well, every day, after school, I'm on for about...uh, until around 7 pm (US Central Time)
Have you ever been a moderator on any other sites, if so please link here: Well, if you concider this moderating: http://www.landofthehorses.webs.com , http://www.derbydreameradoptables.webs.com , http://www.wolvesabide.webs.com (thats all so far)
Why do you want to be a moderator here?: Well, I LOVE chicken smoothie, and I want to help it become a safe and fun site for people of all ages, and to help out the mods. I started CS around July of '08 as a new member, and now have the support of my CS friends for questions and such. This site is like my life,a nd I am devoted to help everyone who needs it.
Any other comments?: Well, this site is awsome! XD
VIRUS SPREADING LIKE WILDFIRE ON FACEBOOK! It is a trojan worm called koobface. It will steal your info, invade your system and shut it down! DO NOT open the link Barack Obama Clinton Scandal! If SmartGirl15 requests you as a friend, don't accept it; it is a virus. If somebody on your list adds her, you get the virus too! Please copy and paste to your wall. Confirmed on MSNBC and SNOPES..please pass it on...

((It's true :( Look it up on the news!!!))
Versa_Mythology

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Tobby » Fri Jun 05, 2009 4:48 am

How Long Have You Been A Member On CS? From the start of October.

How Often Can You Come On The Fourms? 2-4 Hours each week-day. 4-5 On week-ends.

How Much Time Do You Usually Spend on CS in an Average Day or Week? Close to twenty-five hours each week.

Have You Ever Been A Moderator On Any Other Sites? Some. Most became dead and deleted but.. oh well, the ones that wern't deleted are..All Pet. lol Plus, Nick (Yes, your Nick) made me a moderator on the CS Hidden Chat thing- then it was deleted a week or so after.

Why Do You Want To Become a Moderator Here? I would like to become a moderator here because I love this site and everyone in it. And I would like to stay active because I rarely adopt now-- it got kind of boring after the first
non-stop months. xD

Any Other Comments? -cat comes out- I shall nom the crab! :lol: (Please don't ask,)
---I hope you know what I was talking about Tess. xD

Besides that, I hope you think I'm mature, most people wouldn't think so because of my age. And the sad thing about that, when I ask 'Why am I not mature, they reply 'cuz ur a ltle babeh!!2111' Which, I think is funny

~.Honey
Image Image Image

Moonflight wrote:That was quite insensitive to the percent of the population that was born chinless and cannot grow tasty beards. Shame on you D:
Tobby

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Shinkei-Shinto » Fri Jun 05, 2009 5:18 am

OPTIONAL QUESTIONS:
What country are you from?: USA, central timezone.
Around what age are you? 15 (16 in December)

COMPULSORY QUESTIONS

How long have you been a member on CS?: Since September 19, 2008.
How often can you come on the CS forums?: At the very least 2 or three hours a day. (More now that summer is here.)
How much time do you usually spend on CS in an average day or week?: On weekdays, about 3-4 hours, on weekends, 5-6. For an average week, I spend about thirty-two hours here a week. (0o I had no idea it was that much time!)
Have you ever been a moderator on any other sites, if so please link to them: I have not, but that's because I haven't joined many other Forums.
Why do you want to be a moderator here?: I'd like to be a moderator because CS is really amazing. It's grown so quickly into a mature, clean site for people of all ages. The members range from mothers to young kids, and it should stay that way. I like to see altercations resolved fairly and quickly. I listen to everyone's side of the story. I'm used to being insulted/poked fun at/yelled at/argued with, so I have no problem dealing with users who dislike the mods.
Any other comments?: Now that summer's coming up, all the new mods will have a huge chance to get used to the job. Nice time to host this again.
The best of luck to everyone who tries! ^^
[I've gone dark on CS. I will not respond to PMs, post on threads, or do anything else at this time. I'm no longer interested in being on this site.]
[NONE of my Kiamaras are for sale, nor will they ever be. Please stop asking.]

╔═════════════════╗
Image | Image | Image
Image | Image | Image
╚═════════════════╝
Shinkei-Shinto

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Luli » Fri Jun 05, 2009 5:37 am

What country are you from?: Argentina (GMT -3)
Around what age are you?: 19+

How long have you been a member on CS?: Since September 2008
How often can you come on the CS forums?: I normally come to the forums everyday and I still am on my school year (summer is far away from me, haha), so college doesn't interrupt my frequency here.
How much time do you usually spend on CS in an average day or week?: I come online every single day of the week and check at least two or three times a day. If I had the possibility to mod though, I would have no problem being online for as long as I'm on the computer (I spend a minimum of 8 hours online unless I have to study or have classes. In the case I don't, I'm on longer than that, certain days of the week I'm also able to stay up late and I make it to 3 am)
Have you ever been a moderator on any other sites, if so please link to them: I have been offered to mod petz forums before, The Community (http://thecommunity.vndv.com/tc/) and Sprocket (http://sprocket.vndv.com), but those projects didn't work.
Why do you want to be a moderator here?: I do really love this place. I don't easily connect with forums, I've joined many but I got bored of visiting them only a few days after I had joined because I wouldn't click. Chicken Smoothie is a dynamic forum and there's always something up that will surely have something new for me everyday, it is the second place that ever got me hooked for a long time and I don't see that changing anytime soon, I absolutely adore it and I've grown fond of this community. Having been around for this long, the rules are clear to me and I do my best to follow them and help others follow them too. I have visited every section and now what the purpose of each is and what should and shouldn't go where. I feel confident saying I know it all pretty well. I previously applied to be an international mod, in hope of joining the CS team and I still am willing to do my best if I'm chosen as a forum moderator. The community has grown so much and I'd like to do anything I can to help here, so that it continues to be the place I love to visit. I'm aware of the growing number of members and I have tried to help new people before, I make sure to greet them all and help them whenever I see they need it, if I see they are missing something on the rules I'm always happy to help them out with that too. I feel I'm capable of dealing with members who won't follow the rules or who have an inappropriate behaviour, I have a strong character, but I'm very very friendly as well. I also am very empathic and find it easy not to take sides, I can judge things sensibly and from a neutral position. Despite being from a spanish speaking country I am extremely fluent in english and have a proficiency level in it. I believe I have the necessary characteristics to be an efficient moderator as well enough time to be able to do my job properly. I would really feel honoured joining the team, since I'm eager to work hard and do all what I can for this community.
Any other comments?: I do really hope I expressed myself correctly! It's hard to put a 'why' together! I just feel strongly for this community and like I could really do something for it now.
Image Image
HUGE THANKS TO A CHICKEN FOR HELPING ME GET THE LAST PET TO COMPLETE MY COLLECTION!!
Offering Image AND Image for Image
Luli

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby .Autumn. » Fri Jun 05, 2009 5:45 am

OPTIONAL QUESTIONS: (you don't have to answer this section!)
What country are you from?: (this is just for timezone reference) USA
Around what age are you? (14 or under, 15 - 18, or 19+) 14 or under(but very mature)

COMPULSORY QUESTIONS
How long have you been a member on CS?: Since November 08
How often can you come on the CS forums?: Every Day
How much time do you usually spend on CS in an average day or week?: Usually an hour a day
Have you ever been a moderator on any other sites, if so please link to them: no, except owning a blog that's never had a fight on it, here's the link http://www.webkinzlover505.wordpress.com
Why do you want to be a moderator here?: I'd love to help you, and I enjoy being in authority, but I won't be mean :)
Any other comments?:
I hope if I become a moderator, I can be very helpful and everyone will enjoy having me as a mod.
I also want to help make CS a place everyone can enjoy :D
✦ • ────────────────────── • ✦
awake the stars ‘cuz they’re all around you
icon by -WanHeda- | sig by jaax

.Autumn.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Shian » Fri Jun 05, 2009 5:58 am

I'd love to, but this will take some consideration. I'll be back later.

In the mean time, what is expected of future moderators?
For example, I'm online quite a bit, but there are certain sub-boards I just don't visit. Would I just be looking at posts that have been reported? That sounds simple enough, but is there anything else unwritten you'd like us to do?
ImageImage
Come buy old rare pets in bulk for gems!
Shian

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby BlissfulFarrago » Fri Jun 05, 2009 6:26 am

COMPULSORY QUESTIONS
How long have you been a member on CS?: Since March 21st
How often can you come on the CS forums?: Whenever I'm on Chicken Smoothie. At least 2 or three hours a day, unless there is some reason I can't get on that day, which doesn't happen all that often. Even when I'm really busy I can usually be on a few hours at least.
How much time do you usually spend on CS in an average day or week?:A few hours a day, probably. I'm probably on here TOO much!
Have you ever been a moderator on any other sites, if so please link to them:Nope
Why do you want to be a moderator here?: I like to help people, and answer their questions. Chicken Smoothie is a great site, and it would be nice to be able to help people and keep Chicken Smoothie a nice place. I have a lot of free time, so I can be on a lot.
Any other comments?: I wish I could have thought of more to say! Good luck with the mod search!
Last edited by BlissfulFarrago on Tue Jun 09, 2009 8:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
--In another town
Don't let me forget

--In another town
Mouth full of regrets

--In another town
Please, place final bets

--In another town

[But I know
I know
I know]

[[--"Another Town"
by regina spektor]]

--I used to be RedBlueGreen
Characters, The Zoo ,dA
I'm not very active anymore, but I still get on sometimes. <3

BlissfulFarrago

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Bolt1784 » Fri Jun 05, 2009 6:52 am

OPTIONAL QUESTIONS: (you don't have to answer this section!)
What country are you from?: (this is just for timezone reference) England
Around what age are you? (14 or under, 15 - 18, or 19+) I'm 10! ^^

COMPULSORY QUESTIONS
How long have you been a member on CS?: Since February 2009...And the months here have been great!

How often can you come on the CS forums?: I come every day! At least twice a day for me.

How much time do you usually spend on CS in an average day or week?: Hmm, never really recorded, but I should think about 2 hours, trading and checking up on the forums.

Have you ever been a moderator on any other sites, if so please link to them: Not a mod on any other sites, but I do own this one: www.rivertuneadoptables.webs.com

Why do you want to be a moderator here?: The hardest part, eh? I think I can cover this. My time on adoptable websites have been wonderful, but Chicken Smoothie was the adoptables site that inspired me to make my own! Tessa, you are very inspirational, with your art and time you spend with us. I'm eternally grateful for all you've done for everyone! My dream has always to be with you in this inspirtational journey, so I can be in it, see it...It would be great experience and I am loyal to any friends. I never give up or tell lies, or at least I try my hardest not to. I hope I can join you all in this. It would be more amazing than winning Britains Got Talent to me.

Any other comments?: Thankyou for everything you've done, cs staff, and if I can't join you, I understand. I'm a worthless kid who just wants....To be part of something special. And I think i've found it with you all. ^^

Have a good day everyone!
»
Bolt1784

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me