General Helper Applications - now closed. Pending selection

Announcements about events or changes to the website and forum

Re: Applications open for General Helpers!

Postby Manafest » Sun Jul 31, 2011 3:55 pm

What date did you register as a CS member?: (if it's less than 8 months ago, do not apply) September 1st 2010, 11 months ago.
How many posts have you made in the forum (at the time of applying): (if it's less than 300, do not apply) 485
How many days a week do you usually visit CS? 7
How many hours per day do you usually spend on CS, on a day that you do visit? 3-5 hours, way too much!
Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position (this is not required) (for example do you speak any other languages, or have you had any experience in peer mediation? Do you consider yourself a trade-value expert? Do you already answer a lot of questions in the forum?)
Why do you want to be a General Helper? I just love helping people and being nice really! I don't like seeing people struggle!

PS. I am going on vacation in about four days and won't be back for about another four days.
Manafest's RP's wrote:http://www.chickensmoothie.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=64&t=883564&p=22651143#p22651143
Image Image
Image Image
Manafest

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Scion Hanzo » Sun Jul 31, 2011 3:57 pm

1.What date did you register as a CS member?:
December 1st,2009

2.How many posts have you made in the forum (at the time of applying):

3.How many days a week do you usually visit CS?
I have like no life. I am on CS every single day. Although,if I happen to be at a friends house or on vacation,my time will be limited.

4.How many hours per day do you usually spend on CS, on a day that you do visit?
Hmmmm,thats a little hard to say,as I do not pay attention to the time all that much..
If I were to guess,I'd have to say 9? I spend about 15 hours of my day on the computer,and almost always have a tab of CS open.I also get on randomly to check my messages and trades and other stuff.

5.Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position (this is not required) (for example do you speak any other languages, or have you had any experience in peer mediation? Do you consider yourself a trade-value expert? Do you already answer a lot of questions in the forum?)
I can understand a little of Spanish.Although,I can't read a paragraph in Spanish,so I don't guess I could count that as a skill..xD As for a trade-value expert,I could say I am fairly good at it.I stalk the "Is this a fair trade" thread all the time,making sure I can answer anybody that needs help.But,I do have some of my weak spots with trading,and is not able to answer every single one.I try and answer as many questions on the fourms as I can,but I have never really went in the "Suggestions and Problems" fourm,as I have never had a question I needed an answer to,if I were to get this job though,I would go there a ton.Other skills..hmm..I dunno if you would count these as skills,but I will say them anyway;
I am a very,very outgoing person. I am not afraid to talk to anybody/post anywhere. I get most of that from role-playing for a very long time. Another would be,being very patient.If somebody does not get what I am explaining to them,I will take my time and explain it better so they will be able to understand.I have no anger problems,and if you see me angry,there is something majorly wrong.Always,it is something going on in real life.I do not vent my anger out over the computer though.I deal with fights very well.Truthfully,I have been in a number of fights over the internet when I was younger,and I have sense learned that they are pointless.If I see people fighting over something,I will try and help them get it figured out.I am also very familiar with the rules.

6.Why do you want to be a General Helper?
I hate this part of forms..They are always the hardest for me.I'll give it my best shot though..
Why do I want to be a General Helper? Well,thats easy to say in one word.."Guidance" I have no care for the different color name,or anything else that comes with it.Over my years on CS,many people have PM'd me,asking about stuff around here.I really have no idea why they would ask me,but I really enjoyed helping them get use to this wonderful site.I have gotten many trades from new people,most unfair to me.I would edit the trade to make it fair,and tell them why it was unfair in the first place.I did not want them to make the same mistake again and possibly get yelled at for doing it.Being able to help people is something I have a strong passion of doing.It makes me feel all warm inside whenever I see a person happy after I help them.

Well,I'm out of stuff to say xDD
Thank you for the opertunity~
Last edited by Scion Hanzo on Sun Jul 31, 2011 5:37 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Scion Hanzo

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby kurloz is back bby » Sun Jul 31, 2011 4:01 pm

APPLICATON

1.What date did you register as a CS member?: (if it's less than 8 months ago, do not apply)
I joined ChickenSmoothie on September 19, 2010.

2.How many posts have you made in the forum (at the time of applying): (if it's less than 300, do not apply)
I have made eight hundred and five posts since I have joined.

I visit CS five or all seven days of the week. ( Wow I have no life XD )

4.How many hours per day do you usually spend on CS, on a day that you do visit?
Monday- Friday I spend at least nine hours on CS on vacation; when school is in, I'll be on three or four hours. Saturday- Sunday is normally thirty minutes.

5.Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position (this is not required) (for example do you speak any other languages, or have you had any experience in peer mediation? Do you consider yourself a trade-value expert? Do you already answer a lot of questions in the forum?)
My first language was English and I know a little bit of Spanish and French. Sometimes I answer a few questions in the CS Suggestions and Problems board but nothing I'm not sure of. I have some experience in trading ( hence my article ) but nothing mean or rude. I'm a very nice and honest person and will do my best if I am able to get this job.

I've seen many new people joining CS and would love to assist them. I have also noticed that the Admin Assistants have been settling very simple things when they should be saving their energy for more important things like art theft or cheating. For me, this is a big no-no. I would love to solve many problems and keep the site clean.
All ends are tied. Please delete this account. :)

If any of my friends, fanclub members, or Knights are reading this:
I love you every single one of you, and I will never forget you.
kurloz is back bby

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby PitchBlack » Sun Jul 31, 2011 4:02 pm

What date did you register as a CS member?:
September 28th, 2008
How many posts have you made in the forum (at the time of applying):
1745 postings at this time
How many days a week do you usually visit CS?
Every day of the week you can find me here ^_^
How many hours per day do you usually spend on CS, on a day that you do visit?
Well, lately I have been spending upwards of ten hours a day during the week and on the weekends, at least 3 to 4 hours at night. If I didn't have to do other things, I could be on here every day all day really <3
Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position?
Helping people is something I strive to do every day in real life, no matter where I am or what I might be doing. The satisfaction I get of knowing that I helped someone is always worth it to me. Even with my grandmother in real life, she has the beginning of Alzheimer's so I have to explain things to her many times in order for her to get a grasp of the situation. But like I said, once she understands how to do something or finally comprehends, nothing can compare to her joy and appreciation for my help <3. I really feel that I would be up for this task because of my personal life and would love to be able to help the community of CS in any way I can. I also have been studying rarities for quite a while now so I feel that I am very knowledgeable when it comes to that area. I also am mature enough to understand how difficult being a helper can be but I have a very positive attitude and have never been in any kind of conflict with other individuals. I always believe that being positive and respectful, even if others are rude or insulting to you, is the best way to resolve any conflicts. Lastly, I know all of the rules to CS very well, the trading system, and anything to know about editing a profile so I feel confident that I can convey all of this information to anyone who might have a question about it. :]
Why do you want to be a General Helper?
I have always wanted an opportunity to better help the community of Chicken Smoothie and I feel that being a general helper is the perfect position for me. After being on CS since 08, I have been through a lot of changes on here and at those times, I was very confused and needed help of my own. Some very nice and informative people on the site were very helpful and were there to assist anyone who might have some questions about any changes to the forums or any new features. I still remember looking up to those helpers and thinking how I could eventually know enough about the site to offer help just like they had. I really wanted to apply for a general helper position the first time applications were taken but I found it I was already too late and judging had begun. I am so thankful for another chance at becoming a general helper and truly hope that I can be considered since it would be amazing to help out any member who is in need so that they can enjoy this site as much as I have. <333
[[ She/Her * Adult * Married * Introvert ]]

<———- Meet Kimora, I was given her because I was an oekaki mod from 2011 to 2016.

August 13, 2022 - As I have observed over the last year, generosity is very easy to come by in this society. There are always bad apples lurking in shadows, alas I havent had to deal with these menaces yet.
PitchBlack

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Kaylawolf » Sun Jul 31, 2011 4:05 pm

1. What date did you register as a CS member?:
Tuesday July 13th, 2010.
2. How many posts have you made in the forum:
I have made 4107 posts.
3. How many days a week do you usually visit CS?:
I visit CS every day. It is usually rare that I don't come on at least once a day.
4. How many hours per day do you usually spend on CS, on a day that you do visit?:
Usually I am on for about 12 hours during the summer and during the school year I usually am on for about 5-7 hours, depending on homework. So, I guess am on here alot. :] (Except when I am on vacation with no internet.)
5. Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position:
I have been a moderator at a role playing site, but that did not last long before the site became extinct. But, honestly I really don't know what I could really bring. Like: I only know English, I am very helpful and if I cannot exactly answer the players question I feel bad about it and I try my best to answer them, I am friendly and tries to answer their question in a friendly manor. If I can not answer their question I will happily direct them to someone who can answer their question. I am very friendly to everyone I meet, even if I had a bad day I will not be mean to them I will always anwser their question in a happy and friendly way.
6. Why do you want to be a General Helper?
I would be honored to be a General Helper, because I love the feeling of answering a question that has been bugging a member for a long time and sending them away happy with their answer. I try to help every member with the best of my abilities, and if I cannot answer their question I would direct them to someone who can answer their question. No matter whom they are, I treat everyone the same or if I know them or not. I don’t like to have enemies, and I really don’t think I do.
I know I may not be the oldest member, nor the most intelligent member on Chicken Smoothie, but I do everything to the best of my ability. And if I am chosen, I will be happy to awnser any question and if it may be a guess I will tell them that and also direct them to a memeber who is able to answer their question. Just because my name is a different color that doesn’t mean I am different, I am the same old friendly Kaylwolf.
Last edited by Kaylawolf on Tue Aug 02, 2011 6:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

It was different when there was a Stark in
Winterfell.

But the old wolf's dead and the young one's gone south

to play the
Game of Thrones,

and all that's left us is the ghosts.

Kaylawolf

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby .:Aikane:. » Sun Jul 31, 2011 4:08 pm

APPLICATON

1. What date did you register as a CS member?: (if it's less than 8 months ago, do not apply) Dec 29, 2009
2. How many posts have you made in the forum (at the time of applying): (if it's less than 300, do not apply)607 + Kayawhitewolf(My friend who is lazy and shares the same computer with me.+273)880 total and counting.
3. How many days a week do you usually visit CS?I have like no life so,everday/Midnight!
4. How many hours per day do you usually spend on CS, on a day that you do visit?i probably play 9 hours at the most,if I don't have any school.I have like no life. I am on CS every single day. Although,if I happen to be at a friends house or on vacation,my time will be limited.
5. Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position (this is not required) (for example do you speak any other languages, or have you had any experience in peer mediation? Do you consider yourself a trade-value expert? Do you already answer a lot of questions in the forum?)I speak fluent Irish if you count that,I don't post on the international forums though.
6. Why do you want to be a General Helper?I would like to be a General helper because I am trustworthy to my fellow friends here ,I would enjoy meeting new people and chatting about the CS website.Back in March I helped Science Faith,my friend in a art theft.That person was deleted from that website soon after the theft.If you ask my friends or other websites I use who I am ,They would tell you I'm ''Andy the Newbie Helper.'' Thank you ,and if you pick me I will promise to be the friendly lady people say I am!
.:Aikane:.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Milkyway0353 » Sun Jul 31, 2011 4:09 pm

What date did you register as a CS member?: November 1st, 2009
How many posts have you made in the forum (at the time of applying): 5,107
How many days a week do you usually visit CS? All 7 days(:
How many hours per day do you usually spend on CS, on a day that you do visit? 3-5 hours
Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position (this is not required) I already answer questions around the fourm, and im good at trade values. I can answer questions about chickensmoothie whenever, and whatever it is about. I have also had a fourm that helps new players on the site. I have helped over 200 people so far. If you want proof it is located, here. I am also on a lot so I can respond to questions within a day.
Why do you want to be a General Helper? When I was a newbie long ago I never got help. Ive always wanted to give back to the chickensmoothie community and help out, so they wouldnt have to go through what I did. I like to solve other people's questions, and help them if they are confused. Id just mainly like to make a bigger impact for the better on CS then I have before.

Thank you for taking the time to look at this, and good luck everyone!
Milkyway0353

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Mimi-911 » Sun Jul 31, 2011 4:14 pm

APPLICATON
1.What date did you register as a CS member?: (if it's less than 8 months ago, do not apply)
I signed up to CS on October 10th 2010.
2.How many posts have you made in the forum (at the time of applying):
3074, including this one. :)
Depends. I try to get on once every day, though sometimes I can only get on 3-4 days every week.
Maybe around 1-5 hours... Depends what I have to do.
I understand some spanish, though not enough to have a full on conversation, though I understand the basics. I also have a fair idea on what trades are fair, unfair etc. I'm a very helpful person on and off CS, and I can be kind and polite while answering questions, even if I do get annoyed.
I love CS, and it has given me so much, so I'd really like to gtive something back to you. Also it'd be fun. :)
account is inactive; occasionally checked by a friend.

If you wish to contact the owner of this account, you can try her tumblr or deviantart
Mimi-911

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Shy » Sun Jul 31, 2011 4:15 pm

Application

What date did you register as a CS member?
Friday, August 15, 2008 10:11 AM

How many posts have you made in the forum?
4,427; as of July 30, 2011

I log on each day of the week, but when I am on vacation (Depending on whether or not I have Wi-Fi) I am not able to log on as much.

Far too many. But if I had to put it in a number, probably about four to eight hours each day, depending on what my schedule looks like. I will usually log on in many "sessions", these sessions lasting anywhere from thirty minutes to three hours. Sometimes during blizzards and rainstorms I will be on CS for hours.

Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position?
Well, I have a few skills in particular that would be able to aid me in this position. I speak a lot of Spanish, and would be able to help someone who spoke that language. Growing up I'd always been the problem-solving type. Through school I would always be able to help other students with lessons and homework, as well as helping them cope with social or emotional problems as well. Going along with this, I am extremely mature and level-headed ( Everyone has a spontaneous side, though ). I am respectful of other members and generally don't get in fights. I'd also consider myself a very good trader. I can pick out most fair and unfair trades. When I poke around in Suggestions/Problems I will answer a question if it hasn't already been answered. I keep a Microsoft Word document linking to all of the Guides and Rules on CS, for quick linking. Overall, I'm a friendly person and can tolerate immature or rude members with ease.

Well, I would like to be a General Helper for a few reasons. To start, I really want to feel like I can do something to help the CS community. I've applied for nearly every General Helper and Moderator application since the beginning of CS with the urge to help the community. As I stated previously, I want people to know that I'm there to help them and answer their questions if they're in need. I think that my integrity, willingness to help the community, and amiability would make this job very suitable for me.
Last edited by Shy on Mon Aug 01, 2011 4:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
`
`

..trades | she/her | help

https://open.spotify.com/track/5QRAfvKPyQpwt897Jc0glg?si=B3Ik8vQhTb-J5uU4UijWGA&context=spotify%3Aalbum%3A3j90eFnVFEYzOVt024QCTf
Shy
Global Moderator

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Roonie-Roe » Sun Jul 31, 2011 4:22 pm

What date did you register as a CS member?:
Saturday Jul 26, 2008. Though I'd been stalking and known about CS for a couple weeks before actually joining.

How many posts have you made in the forum (at the time of applying):
2872 (it used to be more, but some of the older threads I'd posted on where purged I think)

5-7 days per week.

8+ hours, depending on what's going on offline in the "real world" around me, or if I'm working on artwork (though I usually check CS constantly while I'm working on art, lol). Having a large close-knit family and living at home often means many distractions. I do spend a lot of my free time on CS everyday when I can and it's always the first site I check when I get on the computer... It's my addiction. xD

Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position:
I'm a mature adult (though I'm still young at heart ^^) and used to work with grade school students (Kindergarten - 6th grade) a couple years back. I also have 28 nieces and nephews and one great niece and one great nephew, so my patience level is pretty high and I'm used to getting asked questions repeatedly and explaining things. I already try to help out other players whenever I see they have a question or need help with something they're having trouble with/understanding. It makes me feel good when I do. :) I'm also quite knowledgeable when it comes to the way the forum works (been an internet nerd for 10+ years now, and have worked with and played many sites, lol) and about CS in general having been here faithfully since almost the beginning.

I'm also an admin and artist for a new up and coming site called Arcadia Isle, which I help Chry to run and moderate. ^^

Like I said above, I like to help other players whenever I can and I know quite a bit about CS and the forums. I already try and help whenever I can and always do so in a respectful and calm manner, even when the person I'm trying to help doesn't. I can be very patient and understanding and hardly ever loose my cool. If I do however, I just step back and take a few moments to calm down before addressing the situation. No sense getting upset over something that can be handled maturely and kindly, otherwise it just makes things worse and doesn't get anyone anywhere.
Last edited by Roonie-Roe on Sun Jul 31, 2011 6:27 pm, edited 2 times in total.

.~:{}:~.

ImageImageImage

Adult | She/Her, They/Them | Pansexual
Pet/Item Hoarder | Artist
ImageImage Image
[My CS Hoards] [Toyhouse]
[Dragon Cave] [Flight Rising] [Furry Paws]

ImageImageImage
Roonie-Roe