Global Moderators - Awaiting selection.

Announcements about events or changes to the website and forum

Re: Global Moderators - Applications open

Postby Rorschach » Fri Oct 07, 2011 3:17 pm

What date did you register as a CS member?:
Wednesday, 1 October 2008, 5:58 pm

How many posts have you made in the forum (at the time of applying) :

Without posting your age, are you at least 18, and willing to risk seeing adult content when screening posts that are waiting for moderator approval:
Yes, I am of the appropriate age and I am willing to risk seeing adult content. 

How many days a week do you usually visit CS?
Every day, this website is like a home to me.
[My recent period of inactivity was due to a broken iPod.] 

How many hours per day do you usually spend on CS, on a day that you do visit?
Oh, at least 6 or 7 hours. I am more active during the night than during the day. 

Have you moderated on any other forums before? If so, please link to them.
I have moderated and even been an administrator on many Freewebs forums. Sadly, most of them are long gone. 

Now the important question: Why do you want to be a moderator for CS?
I am applying for this job because I want to improve and give back to this website, as just being able to be on it is a gift itself, and I wish to help the site become a better environment for people of all ages. I want to abolish adult content on the site so children can feel safe here. Moderating the forums is something that I believe I could do successfully. Being on the CS team would be a dream come true for me, as all of the staff are my role models. I recall how when I was new here, the moderators showed me the ropes of CS and I felt safe and welcome. I want to be able to do that for people. It has always annoyed me and shocked me greatly when players post adult content, inappropriate pictures or videos, or spam. Having the opportunity to get rid of this would make me so happy. I believe that I would work well with the other moderators and administrators on the CS team, and if I were a moderator I would be respectful of all players. 

I believe that I would be a good addition to the CS team because I am hard-working, dedicated, respectful, honest, and I can work out arguments without taking sides.  I have been a member of Chicken Smoothie for a long time, and I know a lot about it and I understand the way it operates. I am willing to put in the time to hold this position, and if I am selected, I pledge to give the site's safety and content my undivided attention whenever I can.

Even if I am not selected for this position, I will continue to be a responsible and active player of CS, who is helpful and looks out for other users.

Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position (this is not required) (for example do you speak any other languages, or have you had any experience in peer mediation?) :
I  took a college class in peer mediation, and I think that would be a useful skill for moderating CS. Additionally, I can speak and understand basic German and Japanese. I understand how CS works and I am familiar with using the forum and other applications of CS.  

Reason for first edit: wanted to add more and edit a few sentences
Reason for second edit: I realized I had incorrectly typed the date I joined. Sorry about that
Last edited by Rorschach on Sun Oct 09, 2011 8:37 am, edited 2 times in total.
Rorschach

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Tox » Fri Oct 07, 2011 6:38 pm

1. What date did you register as a CS member?: Sat Nov 14, 2009
2. How many posts have you made in the forum (at the time of applying): 1818
3. Without posting your age, are you at least 18, and willing to risk seeing adult content when screening posts that are waiting for moderator approval: I am at least 18 years old and I am willing to risk seeing adult content.
4. How many days a week do you usually visit CS? 5 during a busy week, 6/7 normally.
5. How many hours per day do you usually spend on CS, on a day that you do visit? Multiple hours, I am usually online at least four or so hours a day. When I am online I have at least one tab on Chicken Smoothie, usually most of my attention is here.
6. Have you moderated on any other forums before? If so, please link to them. I have moderated a few short lived RPs on Proboards.
7. Now the important question: Why do you want to be a moderator for CS?I would like to be a moderator on Chicken Smoothie for many reasons. First, I am on Chicken Smoothie for numerous hours multiple times a week, often just refreshing the same few pages. If I could have more to do on this site that would be awesome. Which leads me into reason two, since I am on here so much I'd really like to contribute more to the Chicken Smoothie community. I'm a little jealous of everyone who is a mod on here because they get to contribute to Chicken Smoothie in more obvious and useful ways then I get to. My last reason is more of a rhetorical question; why/who wouldn't want (to be) a mod on Chicken Smoothie.
8. Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position? In daily life my friends turn to me for advice in many situations, including ones involving nasty arguments. Of the people I know I am considered the level headed one. I have "worked" as a counselor at a camp for a summer for younger kids and campers close to my own age. I learned how to understand others even better and how to derail situations and help people through their tiffs. I currently volunteer with a dog rescue and we often get people who say nasty things to and about us. There are people who think animals shouldn't be pets and people who think we are horrible for trying to get pit-bulls homes. All of it must be taken in with a blank face and dismissed. On top of that I currently work for a guest ranch, where people can have me help them with the horses for a couple hours a day. It's my job to get everything set up, keep everyone safe and having fun. Which seems a lot like here on Chicken Smoothie. People don't always want to listen to authority and can lash out, I have dealt with this in person. Online I know I can do the same, if not better as I will have time to think before typing a reply and hitting submit.
Tox | They/Them | Adult | Always tired
Tox

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Aero <3 » Fri Oct 07, 2011 9:47 pm

APPLICATON FOR AERO

1.What date did you register as a CS member?: August 29th 2010
2.How many posts have you made in the forum (at the time of applying): 1401 Posts
3.Without posting your age, are you at least 18, and willing to risk seeing adult content when screening posts that are waiting for moderator approval: Yes being a gymnastics teacher/helper has brought me closer to kids and their troubles that they face. I am very capable of solving any questions cs members have to ask whether they are from basic cs knowledge or something only a cs mod can answer.
4. How many days a week do you usually visit CS? Everyday
5. How many hours per day do you usually spend on CS, on a day that you do visit? Usually on a GOOD day around 3-5 hours
6. Have you moderated on any other forums before? If so, please link to them. Yes i have moderated on many sites but unfortunately they have died down especially my attempt at making a site just like cs. I'm linking them but it might not work as that was last year sometime.
- http://www.ipet.com
- http://www.petadoptpet.com
and im pretty sure thats them (if they dont work then they are long gone)

7.Now the important question: Why do you want to be a moderator for CS? As i said before i am very good with children/young adults/teens with answering their questions. I also love knowing that i have helped a member as i have done so before which surprisingly, a number of members have pmed me asking questions... at that point i get an adrenalin rush knowing that, i can answer this, and they will get a response within a day (or even hours) with a detailed description of their answer.
8.Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position (this is not required) (for example do you speak any other languages, or have you had any experience in peer mediation?) I love meditation we (my friends and i) always used to do mediation and help relax people if they have like exams, competitions etc. I also can speak Japanese, Spanish, Chinese, and German and of course English!
Aero <3

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Shian » Sat Oct 08, 2011 3:25 am

1. What date did you register as a CS member?: (if it's less than 8 months ago, do not apply)
Oct 2008

2. How many posts have you made in the forum (at the time of applying): (if it's less than 300, do not apply)

3. Without posting your age, are you at least 18, and willing to risk seeing adult content when screening posts that are waiting for moderator approval: (If you don't know what I'm talking about, read the first post again)
Yes

4. How many days a week do you usually visit CS?
Daily

5. How many hours per day do you usually spend on CS, on a day that you do visit?
Around 3. Some days it's up to 9 other days it's down to a couple hours but rarely less than 30 minutes.

6. Have you moderated on any other forums before? If so, please link to them

No. If I were a mod elsewhere, I doubt I would have the time to mod here. I was a mini moderator on the Star Wars Galaxies forum for around 7 months during the time I was a player rep but I only had the power to lock threads and make stickies, so I'm not sure that counts.

7. Now the important question: Why do you want to be a moderator for CS?
The kindness of the community and staff here is like nowhere else. I love helping out and making CS a better place to be whatever its form.
I've wanted to be a mod since I started CS because mods are the ones that keep the forum clean and make a difference to CS even if what they do is not popular. CS has been a big part of my life since I started and I want to be able to return the favor.

8. Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position (this is not required) (for example do you speak any other languages, or have you had any experience in peer mediation?)
I have experience in middle management: Peer mediation for adults that act like teenagers :P
I've also worked customer service for five years when I worked for the post office.
I'm not sure what else you are looking for here, but I hope to live up to expectations.
Last edited by Shian on Sun Oct 09, 2011 3:08 am, edited 2 times in total.
ImageImage
Come buy old rare pets in bulk for gems!
Shian

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Coalchaser » Sat Oct 08, 2011 4:15 am

RottieGirl wrote:I have a question.What if you are really 18+ but didn't want to tell the site your real birthday?

You don't need to give your birthday (actually, you're not allowed to). The only thing we want to know for this form is if you're younger than 18 or older than 18.

deviantart
tumblr
FR
twitter
help tickets
Coalchaser

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby madscientist123 » Sat Oct 08, 2011 5:30 am

APPLICATON

1.What date did you register as a CS member?: (if it's less than 8 months ago, do not apply)

Fri Jan 21, 2011 12:29 pm

2.How many posts have you made in the forum (at the time of applying): (if it's less than 300, do not apply)

3.Without posting your age, are you at least 18, and willing to risk seeing adult content when screening posts that are waiting for moderator approval: (If you don't know what I'm talking about, read the first post again)
Yes, I am, and I am willing to risk seeing it.

4.How many days a week do you usually visit CS?
I usually visit every day. I haven't in the past week or so, but that's over. I will be on about 7 times a week.

5.How many hours per day do you usually spend on CS, on a day that you do visit?
Two or three on week days, but much more than that on weekends (unless I have a large ammount of homework, in which case two or three hours).

6.Have you moderated on any other forums before? If so, please link to them
I've moderated in several art shops, avatar shops, and adoption centers, but only this one ( viewtopic.php?f=22&t=696758 ) and my adoption center ( viewtopic.php?f=22&t=494779 ) are still there.

7.Now the important question: Why do you want to be a moderator for CS?
Because I really like the community here on CS and would like to help keep it this way, and also because I'd like to start helping out more in the world. I also really enjoy this sort of thing, and think I'd be really good at the job.

8.Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position (this is not required) (for example do you speak any other
languages, or have you had any experience in peer mediation?)

I am fluent in English and Spanish, and understand a basic level of French. I've helped out a lot with these Second Step things at an old school of mine where we teach responsibility and anger controlment, and I've also helped a lot at my old school with talking to some misbehaving kids. I'm also very organized and responsible.

Thank you for the opportunity. :D
madscientist123

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Morphius » Sat Oct 08, 2011 5:34 am

What date did you register as a CS member?:
29. September 2008

How many posts have you made in the forum (at the time of applying):

Without posting your age, are you at least 18, and willing to risk seeing adult content when screening posts that are waiting for moderator approval:
Yes I am and I’m willing to risk seeing adult content.

How many days a week do you usually visit CS?
All 7 days of a week.

4 to 9 hours a day sometimes even more since I work a lot on my computer.

Have you moderated on any other forums before? If so, please link to them:
No I haven’t.

Now the important question: Why do you want to be a moderator for CS?
I’ve never loved any site more than CS. I have always loved this site with its friendly community and it beautifully designed pets, ever since I stumbled upon it back in 2008 and I’d be honored to be a part of it and help keep this site friendly and free from rule breakers of any kind.
I’m a very helpful, calm and patient person. I love to help people when they need help and answer their questions. I’ve been a member for quite some time so I pretty much know how the site works and its rules.

Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position (this is not required):
I speak German (and of course English) fluently, have some basic coding skills and I have some experience in peer-mediation from my time in school.
ImageImage
Morphius

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby arte » Sat Oct 08, 2011 10:22 am

What date did you register as a CS member?: (if it's less than 8 months ago, do not apply)
Tue. March 16, 2010
How many posts have you made in the forum (at the time of applying): (if it's less than 300, do not apply)
6,977 posts
Without posting your age, are you old enough (and willing) to risk seeing adult content when screening posts that are waiting for moderator approval: (If you don't know what I'm talking about, read the first post again)
Yes
How many days a week do you usually visit CS?:
I am typically on 7 days a week.
5-6 hours in all, more on weekends.
Have you moderated on any other forums before? If so, please link to them.
Catland + Tanatiakiss
Now the important question: Why do you want to be a moderator for CS?:
I have learned a lot about CS in the year that I have been in its wonderful community. I have browsed all the forum topics and seen what the moderators do. I love websites and have designed a few of my own. I have seen the mods cleaning up the forums and helping people out, and I myself have done as much as I can to help. I'd like to do more to help keep CS a clean, safe, child-friendly website. I am a patient, understanding person, and I would never flip out on someone. I am very good at keeping a cool head in the worst situations, and I am very good at sorting things out. I would never be afraid to discipline people for doing wrong, but I would be careful never to be too harsh. I realize that I would gain a lot of enemies, but I would not get angry or frustrated about it. I know when to be tough, and when to be gentle, and I am an all together helpful, caring, good person with a lot of respect and understanding for others. I love CS and all its members, and it would be good for me to be able to help them even more than I can now.
Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position (this is not required) (for example do you speak any other languages, or have you had any experience in peer mediation?)
Well, I am currently learning Spanish...and I hope to be learning other languages soon as well. I have had quite a bit of experience in peer mediation, actually, and I have a lot of patience. :3
Last edited by arte on Tue Oct 11, 2011 1:30 pm, edited 3 times in total.
arte

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Autumn. » Sat Oct 08, 2011 1:48 pm

1. What date did you register as a CS member?: Dec 23, 2009 3:11 am (if it's less than 8 months ago, do not apply)

2. How many posts have you made in the forum (at the time of applying): 1901 posts. (if it's less than 300, do not apply)

3. Without posting your age, are you at least 18, and willing to risk seeing adult content when screening posts that are waiting for moderator approval: Yes I am at least 18 and I am able to risk seeing adult content. (If you don't know what I'm talking about, read the first post again)

4. How many days a week do you usually visit CS? every day.

5. How many hours per day do you usually spend on CS, on a day that you do visit? 2 hours.

6. Have you moderated on any other forums before? If so, please link to them Yes, my art shop: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=463218&p=13795054&hilit=art+shop#p13795054 and my role play: viewtopic.php?f=28&t=665863&hilit=neko
Adoption center: viewtopic.php?f=22&t=776595
And my old website.

7. Now the important question: Why do you want to be a moderator for CS? I love Cs,Cs is the First thing that i ever go on.I just want Cs to be a safe place for everyone!I don't want Cs to be a spam and innapropriate place.I love to help whoever I can.I am a understanding,kind,patient,Respectful,caring, helpful person.I have been on cs for 3 years so i know what the rules are etc.I am always willing to do whatever I can to help CS.I don't mind having PMs sent to me because I'm a very sociable person.I am willing to have to deal with spam,art theft, CS rule breakers,bullying and inaproprioite content I will handle it calmly and politely as I can.I go around general discussion answering questions.I also welcome some newbies around introductions.I would really like to help CS run smoothly as well.I love helping people that's just the way I am.Even if I don't get the job I will still help around CS.It would be an honor to work with the Cs team.It is now time to give back to Cs!

8. Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position (this is not required) (for example do you speak any other languages, or have you had any experience in peer mediation?) Well I do speak vietnamese and of coarse english!

I might edit and add some more.
Last edited by Autumn. on Wed Oct 19, 2011 10:41 am, edited 7 times in total.

x x x x x x x

x ★ ★ ★ x x

x x x' ' autumn.

"───────────────── my
x x x x x x x x x x coding

Autumn.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby average » Sat Oct 08, 2011 3:05 pm

1. What date did you register as a CS member?: Jan 12, 2009.
  2. How many posts have you made in the forum: 6,156.
  3. Without posting your age, are you at least 18, and willing to risk seeing adult content when screening posts that are waiting for moderator approval: Yes. ^^;
  4. How many days a week do you usually visit CS? 6, occasionally 7, if I have time on Sunday.
  5. How many hours per day do you usually spend on CS, on a day that you do visit? Anywhere around an hour to six hours.
  6. Have you moderated on any other forums before? I have modded on a few RP websites, but they died. (We quickly found that non-CS RP's don't really work. xD)
    This one is still up though.
  7. Now the important question: Why do you want to be a moderator for CS? Ah, the big Q. Well, it's pretty easy to answer. When I joined, it took me a little while to figure it out, but with the help of certain threads, I found my way around the website with ease, and found myself loving every minute of it, going on it more and more often. This is really the only website that I go on constantly, even after all these years, so I have tons of time for it, and I can use that time to clear up the boards, instead of just surfing them. I'll just tell you right now that the last thing I would want to do is take advantage of this position, oh dear no. I remember the struggles of first joining, and there was a bit of clutter throughout the boards. With each day, more and more members are joining, and I'd like to clear up questions, and as I'm going to be hitting my 3 year anniversary on CS, so I definitely can answer with ease, and delete spam, etc.
    I am an adult, and have always been mature, so I have no problem dealing with the use of foul language and being 'raged' at. You might have noticed that I always apply for this job and for the RP moderator job. I greatly enjoy the art of role-playing, and I know the issues that arise on the boards, so I apply to help out. Despite that, I would prefer to be a Global Moderator so that I would not be restricted to the roleplay boards, but I could fix things throughout the whole site, as I am very comfortable with it.
  8. Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position?
    I am fluent in Russian, and I understand Ukrainian very well. c;
Last edited by average on Sun Oct 09, 2011 6:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
average

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me