Global Moderators - Now chosen.

Announcements about events or changes to the website and forum

Re: Global Moderators - Now Hiring! CLOSING SOON!

Postby Lady » Sat Mar 12, 2011 5:22 pm

XxAkatsukiFanBigxX wrote:if we are used to hearing/seeing adult language, but have had atleast two or three warning on chickensmoothie before, does that mean you still cant apply?

Tess wrote:Please DO NOT APPLY if you...
...have previously had warnings for bullying, fighting, cheating, or art theft; unless these warnings were later cleared by a staff member, happened a long time ago, or were not particularly serious (e.g. forgot to credit a reference properly)

Well, what do you think? ;)
ImageImageImageImage
Lady

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby atollvik » Sat Mar 12, 2011 5:47 pm

1. What date did you register as a CS member?: I became a member of CS on December 22, 2008

2. How many posts have you made in the forum (at the time of applying): About 500, if I recall correctly.

3. Without posting your age, are you old enough (and willing) to risk seeing adult content when screening posts that are waiting for moderator approval: Yes, I am old enough and willing to risk seeing adult content.

4. How many days a week do you usually visit CS?: Everyday, after school, and sometimes before, if I get up early enough.

5. How many hours per day do you usually spend on CS, on a day that you do visit?: Anywhere ranging from 1-5 hours, I'd say. It depends on what pets are available for adoption, or recent posts made on topics I respond to most often.

6. Have you moderated on any other forums before? If so, please link to them: I was a mini-mod on horseland.com for about two months.

7. Now the important question: Why do you want to be a moderator for CS?: I want to be a moderator for ChickenSmoothie.com because I think it would be a good idea to actually be able to stop those players to abuse the topics. I want to be able to help some of the new players, watch forums, clean up spam (For some reason, sounds the most fun), and discard of unneeded content.

8. Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position: I do indeed speak another language, which is Spanish. So I am English and Spanish. I can't really think of anything else that is special about me, but I think a second language would be helpful if there were any other players who didn't speak English, but only Spanish.
atollvik

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Limerence » Sat Mar 12, 2011 6:00 pm

What date did you register as a CS member?: November 27, 2009

How many posts have you made in the forum?:
4533 (Not including this one, at the time of posting. ;3]

Without posting your age, are you old enough (and willing) to risk seeing adult content when screening posts that are waiting for moderator approval: I am, indeed, under the age of eighteen. However, I am perfectly capable of dealing with adult content. I've been exposed to it from a young age, and I've learned to cope. As you can see, if you check my posts, I am very mature for my age (I like to say "wise beyond my years" XP), and have always been so.

How many days a week do you usually visit CS?: Normally, about once a day (more on the weekends)? Occasionally I am occupied with one or two little family things, but not usually. This particular week I've been taking some time off of CS to help my mother out with some things, but I'm back up and runnin' now! ^^;

How many hours per day do you usually spend on CS, on a day that you do visit?: 5-7 hours on the weekends, 1.5-2 on weekdays. (CS <3)

Have you moderated on any other forums before?: Yes, I have. Only on one thread in particular, a kind of dream pet obtaining center, but I can't seem to find the link to it. >_< But, if you wish to see an example of my "skills" (I think?) you could check the posts I've made in the "CS Suggestions & Problems" forum. I quite enjoy helping people out there. ^^;

Now the important question: Why do you want to be a moderator for CS?: I've always admired the CS moderators, and ever since I joined CS I've wanted to be one. Whenever i have a question about referencing an image, or dealing with a situation, the CS team has been right there to help. CS is such a wonderful website (Not to mention the only one I've stuck with for such a long while.), and I'd hate to see it destroyed by people who are dumb enough to think that they can get away with doing such. I love helping people, and when I do, it gives me a sense of contentment. The same feeling applies to when I put a wrong-doer in his/her place. I would be honered to be able to serve Tess, Nick, and the entire CS community by being appointed as a mod.

Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position?: Of course. I have always been particularly skilled in helping with disputes, specifically those involving bullying and/or harassment. Whenever sombody is being picked on, or meaninglessly bothered, I handle the situation instinctively. When I see a rough situation, I'll do absolutely anything in my power to solve said scenario. I am also an experienced artist who can easily tell when artwork has been referenced. Also, I know my way around all of CS and it's forum. I, myself, know only a tad bit of Spanish, however I live in a household of people who do speak the language fluently and that would be happy to help in a bit of translation.
Wow, it's been a while. Apologies for my absence.
Limerence

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby free stuff ^^ » Sat Mar 12, 2011 7:19 pm

What date did you register as a CS member?: 20.4 2010

How many posts have you made in the forum (at the time of applying): 466

Without posting your age, are you old enough (and willing) to risk seeing adult content when screening posts that are waiting for moderator approval: I think I'm old enough.

How many days a week do you usually visit CS? Every day

How many hours per day do you usually spend on CS, on a day that you do visit? 2-4 hours

Have you moderated on any other forums before? If so, please link to them: http://czechcs.coolbb.net/

Now the important question: Why do you want to be a moderator for CS? Now the important question: Why do you want to be a moderator for CS?

Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position (this is not required) (for example do you speak any other languages, or have you had any experience in peer mediation? Maybe a little draw, but I personally do not like my friends so I do not know why. :)
free stuff ^^

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Tess » Sat Mar 12, 2011 8:08 pm

Thanks for applying, everyone!

Give us some time to read through these, we will select and announce the new staff as soon as possible but it may about a week to come to a decision

for anyone who didn't apply in time, sorry but it is now too late. Do NOT try to send in late applications, they will not be accepted.
Click here if you need help from CS Staff or General Helpers!
Tess
Admin

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me