Equine Transformation Project - VOTING CLOSED

Announcements about events or changes to the website and forum

Should we update the horses & ponies from 2009-2010 so they match the current lines?

YES!
52%
NO!
34%
Maybe (I don't mind either way)
12%
Unsure (I didn't understand exactly what will be changed)
2%

Total votes : 3566

Re: Equine Transformation Project

Postby sapiosexual » Mon Mar 18, 2013 1:54 am

As said above in one of my recent posts, I love this idea, and the new draft lineart. That tail is too cute! >3< However, is the new draft counted as a new species?
sapiosexual

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby cujo. » Mon Mar 18, 2013 1:56 am

Hmm ... i'm half and half. myth + destiny has a point on this c: but if this goes through i can't say i'll argue with those draft lines =3 however, it would be nice if there was page; member or in the archive, of the older lines though too ^.^

~ Lou
cujo.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Daleks&Dragonlords » Mon Mar 18, 2013 1:57 am

I also think it should be optional, like showing rarities. It might not be possible but some people don't even use items an love the old line arts. So if someone wand to change them for items or keep hen the way they re I honk they should be able to. That might not be possible.
Iɴ α lαɴd oғ мyтн αɴd α тιмe oғ мαɢιc
╔════════════════════════════════════╗

Hi! Daleks&Dragonlords here! You can call me Noelle though, since that is my name. Anywho, a little about me. I love cats, coffee, tumblr, etc. (too often distracted by tumblr *shrug*) I am an artist and musician. I mainly play clarinet, but also play piano and bass guitar. Curly hair is life. I don't often move off the couch ("And yet she's still skinnier than Spike)
HMU on league of legends: Coffee Cat
╚════════════════════════════════════╝
тнe deѕтιɴy oғ α ɢreαт ĸιɴɢdoм reѕтѕ oɴ тнe ѕнoυlderѕ oғ α
yoυɴɢ мαɴ

╔════════════════════════════════════╗
TradesCake Dog Auction
credit
╚════════════════════════════════════╝
Hιѕ ɴαмe, Tнe Docтor.
Daleks&Dragonlords

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Tess » Mon Mar 18, 2013 1:57 am

Kitten wrote:As said above in one of my recent posts, I love this idea, and the new draft lineart. That tail is too cute! >3< However, is the new draft counted as a new species?

We already have drafts, and the new version would replace the old drafts, so it's not really a new species. It would probably not be released every month, just a few times a year like the old drafts were
Click here if you need help from CS Staff or General Helpers!
Tess
Admin

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Silverstar » Mon Mar 18, 2013 1:58 am

I don't agree, I'd like to keep the old linearts.

Silverstar
she/her - adult - avid animal lover
languages: German - English
playing genshin impact like 24/7

Image Image
Image Image
Silverstar

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Crunchie » Mon Mar 18, 2013 2:00 am

Although I think that the reasoning behind the project is good, I don't think it is right to be changing the lineart of pets. In my opinion, it's unfair to users who originally adopted or traded for equimagine lineart horses - many people love the equimagine horse line art so for someone to log on and see their pet has completely changed may cause upset. I also think that we shouldn't be changing the past of CS - I'm all for bringing in new linearts and making new pets with them, but I don't think it is right to be going back and changing what pets look like.

I personally have quite a few original adopts of equimagine horses, and even though the new designs do look lovely, I would be very upset to see them change - they just wouldn't be the same anymore. I think the equimagine line art is very special and we shouldn't try and change the past of CS, instead change the future!

So here is just a suggestion, I do not know if this idea would be much more work that this project, but could we not just make the items fit both linearts? I have no clue of the amount of work this would be so I understand if it is not possible ^^
On a break, replies will be very slow
Crunchie

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Xiao_Jian » Mon Mar 18, 2013 2:04 am

I have to say no. I like the new lineart better, but it's also neat to see the "evolution" of the horses. And this might sound cheesy, but preserving the old lines is like preserving the history of CS. I know how it sounds, but I've been playing long enough to feel that way.

Not to mention that this cutie:
changing to the new lineart PPS would be a tragic, as far as the virtual pet world goes.

That being said, the new draft is amazing and I would love to see more of him/her. :)

EDIT: Alright, so, after seeing the examples of the lines being traced and stolen (which I wasn't aware of before) I went ahead and changed my vote to a yes. I will miss the old PPS lineart, but the change would be good for CS overall. I could go on about the integrity of the site and all that, but I won't.
Last edited by Xiao_Jian on Mon Mar 18, 2013 8:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Xiao_Jian

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ~ Castiel ~ » Mon Mar 18, 2013 2:06 am

nice idea but i have a question if you update them will the horses we own change lineart or will it just be a copy of them made and re-released?

personally i only like the new draft, but i LOVE the new draft and am willing to change the others for it - i think.
~ Castiel ~

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Autotomy » Mon Mar 18, 2013 2:09 am

Woah! I LOVE the new drafts!
You should defenitely update them!

But would the drafts then be included in occasional horse litters, like the lions are?
Autotomy

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Tess » Mon Mar 18, 2013 2:10 am

kakalanks wrote:nice idea but i have a question if you update them will the horses we own change lineart or will it just be a copy of them made and re-released?

personally i only like the new draft, but i LOVE the new draft and am willing to change the others for it - i think.

the ones that already exist will change in appearance, they won't be re-released as new versions
Click here if you need help from CS Staff or General Helpers!
Tess
Admin

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me