GLOBAL MODERATORS - Applications Closed

Announcements about events or changes to the website and forum

Re: GLOBAL MODERATORS - Now Hiring! Apply within. Age 18+ on

Postby asexual » Thu Apr 11, 2013 7:50 am

What date did you register as a CS member?:
Jan 16, 2010

How many posts have you made in the forum (at the time of applying):

Without posting your age, are you old enough (and willing) to risk seeing adult content when screening posts that are waiting for moderator approval:
Yes.

How many days a week do you usually visit CS?
Daily.

How many hours per day do you usually spend on CS, on a day that you do visit?
Anywhere from three to six hours a day, sometimes more.

Have you moderated on any other forums before?
Other then the few that I ran, which were roleplaying forums only, no. Sadly those have been deleted due to members being inactive.

Now the important question: Why do you want to be a moderator for CS?
I just enjoy helping others, and I'd love to be able to help people on CS, as I've come to love CS as a whole. By far this is the longest time I've ever spent on any one site. I really want to give back to the site that's given me the chance to meet so many great friends, close and far.

Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position (this is not required) (for example do you speak any other languages, or have you had any experience in peer mediation?)
I worked as a peer mediator in high school for freshman, and I've had several classes in Psychology and Sociology.
Last edited by asexual on Thu Apr 11, 2013 7:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
╔══════════════════════════╗

FR Trade Thread
CS Trade Thread
asexual

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Tru » Thu Apr 11, 2013 7:50 am

What date did you register as a CS member?: (if it's less than 8 months ago, do not apply)
October 4th, 2008
How many posts have you made in the forum (at the time of applying): (if it's less than 300, do not apply)
Without posting your age, are you old enough (and willing) to risk seeing adult content when screening posts that are waiting for moderator approval: (If you don't know what I'm talking about, read the first post again)
There would be absolutely no issue with anything I may see and/or read.
Everyday
At minimum of 3 hours a day, though normally it's quite a bit more. Even when I am traveling, I still accessing the site from my phone.
Have you moderated on any other forums before? If so, please link to them
I have but unfortunately the site is no longer operational.
Chicken Smoothie has been a major part of my life for almost five years now. It really feels like a second home. Though I may not post a lot, I am always here. I always browse, and read. I post when I want to or feels a need to and I make sure to report any inappropriate issues I come across. I want to be more to the great community. I want to give myself to it and help where I can.
Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position (this is not required) (for example do you speak any other languages, or have you had any experience in peer mediation?)
I've been a tutor for many, many years. I have also been a youth leader in my church. I have experience in dealing with art theft, as well as people just generally being rude to me while still keeping my head level. I know I can handle anything thrown at me.
Last edited by Tru on Thu Apr 11, 2013 2:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tru

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby CalicoWolf » Thu Apr 11, 2013 8:16 am

1.What date did you register as a CS member?:
Oct 17, 2008

2.How many posts have you made in the forum (at the time of applying):

3.Without posting your age, are you old enough (and willing) to risk seeing adult content when screening posts that are waiting for moderator approval:
Yes.

4.How many days a week do you usually visit CS?
Every day.

5.How many hours per day do you usually spend on CS, on a day that you do visit?
6-10 daily, and usually more when no college or homework.

6.Have you moderated on any other forums before?
I'm a Mod on many threads of CS and was Mod [and Owner] of many other sites but sadly they have been deleted due to members being inactive. I’m a mod on several facebook pages [not sure if you want those links tho… they are many fandom pages] I am also the owner of The CS Gazette, but has become inactive because of people quitting and real life issues for myself and those who stayed. It is currently in the works to become re-activated.

7.Now the important question: Why do you want to be a moderator for CS?
I want to be a Moderator for CS because ChickenSmoothie is a big part of my life and I wish to help out on a site that has not only been there for me when I had no real life pets of my own, but also has helped me through the challenges of my life the past five years. I've been playing CS making friends [Even met one in real life recently], collecting pets, and helping people out in any way I can. I've always wanted to give something back to CS, I feel as CS has become my second home. I also feel as if I am fit for the job. I usually don't have a problem with many people. I don't hold grudges, for I think it only causes future problems. I am kind to everyone. Because I have been on CS for a while, I know a lot about it and have a lot of experience. Being a Moderator would be a great opportunity to show my skills and I think it would make me a better person both in real life and online.

8.Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position ?
I answer a lot of questions from members who randomly private message me. I PM people their answers a lot as well as I scan through the forums. I have had experience in many different parts of the site while I have been here. If I do not know the answer, I know how to search for it. If I still cannot answer a question I direct the particular person to someone who can. I help a few people with trades, telling them what is fair, and isn't. I have acted as a peer-mediator more than once for friends, both in real life and right here on ChickenSmoothie. I am also a very patient person with people and I never get too angry at PMs, trades, or posts [and if I do get angry, I never direct it toward the person directly], and I don't hold grudges. I was a mod on 3 other pet adoptable sites, and a mod on several active facebook pages. I'm also currently taking classes in Psychology which has helped me understand why people act the way they do and different ways both in real life and online to handle it.

Thank you for your time and consideration!
May Odin give you knowledge on your path,
May Thor grant you strength and courage on your way,
and may Loki give you laughter as you go.
Discord name: RainbowWolf#4227
Three things cannot be long hidden:
the sun, the moon, and the truth Gautama Buddha.

Annual LOLO Player - Everyone Gets Something.

Treats - Wishlist and Tricks - Non-wishlist
Avi was made by Compumon.
ImageImage
CalicoWolf

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby arcticwolf94 » Thu Apr 11, 2013 8:26 am

January 1, 2009

Without posting your age, are you old enough (and willing) to risk seeing adult content when screening posts that are waiting for moderator approval:
Yes

I log on at least once every day to see if anything needs to be taken care of

Between 1 and 4

No I have not

I have been on CS for quite awhile and I would like to be able to learn and do more. I think CS is a great online site that combines children and adults and there is something for everyone. To have a role in the site would be wonderful and an experience I do not yet have.

I speak a little Spanish (though not fluently), and I am a peacekeeper among my friends and family. When anyone has a problem they generally come to me to vent about it and I advise them the best that I am able
arcticwolf94

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Boghound » Thu Apr 11, 2013 8:31 am

Nov 26, 2010

Yes.

How many days a week do you usually visit CS?:
    Almost every day. On occasion, due to illness, I won't visit for a day- but that is very rare. I'd have to be in the hospital or some similar dire situation to skimp out on CS.

How many hours per day do you usually spend on CS, on a day that you do visit?:
    On a weekend: 16-18 hours.
    On a week while school is in session: 10-12 hours.

Have you moderated on any other forums before? If so, please link to them:
    Yes, but I do not remember the names of the forums. All of my older modding experience was from 2005-2007.

Now the important question: Why do you want to be a moderator for CS?:
    While I have been on CS for quite a while now, I've always felt bad that I can't do much to give back to the community. CS has been my escape for the last few years, and I've loved every minute of it. This site has become my safe haven on the internet, and I just.. want to give back. I want to make the site safer for the younger users [especially since I have a younger sister who is interested in joining], I want to be able to stop fights before they explode, I want to be able to help make CS a place where everyone feels safe, secure, and loved. ..And I'm not naive enough to think that'll happen on its own. I know there are always troublemakers, bullies, and the like that will try and throw a twist into things. To me, being a mod is making CS a safer, healthier place.. and that's what I want to do.
    I feel that I could really bring something to the CS team and I'd love to be a part of it.

Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position (this is not required) (for example do you speak any other languages, or have you had any experience in peer mediation?):
    As a big brother of two siblings, [and basically raising them] I'm used to being as unbiased as possible when it comes to situations. I pride myself in being able to look at both sides of an argument or issue and coming to a compromise, or explaining why there can't be a compromise [in some cases]. I'm able to take backlash and look at it objectively and not get upset over it.
    I have a rudimentary understanding of Spanish, and I understand a lot of French. [to the point that I can look at the French board and understand most of what they're saying.] My understanding of French will only expound in the next upcoming school year, as I'll be taking French II.
-
-
✦✦✦

elijah/eli. they/him. adult. severely mentally ill.
open to dms if you need to chat for whatever reason!
currently in my warriors era.

🌳

✦✦✦

Boghound

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby toady » Thu Apr 11, 2013 8:52 am

What date did you register as a CS member?
October 5,2009
How many posts have you made in the forum (at the time of applying): (if it's less than 300, do not apply)
757 posts as of me posting this form.
Without posting your age, are you old enough (and willing) to risk seeing adult content when screening posts that are waiting for moderator approval: (If you don't know what I'm talking about, read the first post again)
Yes,I am willing to risk seeing adult content.
7 days a week.
More then 3 hours.
Nope,some threads but other then that nope.
CS is awesome.I would love to help because I just do I can't explain it but it would feel awesome sauce to be part of the team helping.The adoptables are cute and I would like to help make it a more enjoyable place for other users.
I can speak Spanish and I am the peace maker in my family and friends.Im nice and outgoing,but not afraid to speak up and be more you know strict.
ImageImage

I just really like The Brobecks

toady

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby sapiosexual » Thu Apr 11, 2013 8:56 am

What date did you register as a CS member?: I joined Saturday July 7th, 2012.
How many posts have you made in the forum?: At the time of applying, I have made 6060 posts on the forums.
Without posting your age, are you old enough (and willing) to risk seeing adult content when screening posts that are waiting for moderator approval: I'm perfectly fine with dealing with and seeing adult content.
How many days a week do you usually visit CS?: 7 days a week.
How many hours per day do you usually spend on CS, on a day that you do visit?: On weekdays in which I have school, I am on for about 7 hours. However, on the weekends I have been known to be on all day, perhaps 12 hours or so.
Have you moderated on any other forums before? If so, please link to them: I don't go on many other websites besides CS itself, however I do have experience moderating with small sites such as Clans of Grace and roleplaying forums here on CS. I think this is a great chance at gaining more experience.
Now the important question: Why do you want to be a moderator for CS? I enjoy helping out with enforcing rules and related tasks. I also enjoy helping out newer members and answering questions. I do know the ropes in modding and I would like to help this site out in any way possible. I would like to gain some more experience in website moderating and would love to be apart of the wonderful team here on CS as be a more helpful user in the community. I spend a lot of time here on CS and know the rules basically by heart. I can remain even-tempered in any given situation, though there are times in which I was able to deal with something that's against the rules on my own instead of having to wait until a staff member comes online to take care of the problem. I would like to give something back to CS for being there for me and help out in any way I can and I think I can do that by making CS enjoyable for all members and keeping the forums clean.
Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position: Many people have classified me as mature, patient and helpful and someone who deals calmly with conflict. I have had experience with leadership and I find myself capable of holding a position like this for a long period of time.
sapiosexual

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Lady Bun » Thu Apr 11, 2013 9:09 am

Tue Apr 21, 2009 11:38 am
    Way over 18 T_T Haha
    Everyday
How many hours per day do you usually spend on CS, on a day that you do visit?:
    I'll say.. up to 5 hrs
Now the important question: Why do you want to be a moderator for CS?:
    To keep CS safe! I disliking fighting, bullying the most! I will do my best to up hold CS's rules.
    Experience on the forum, pretty much know a lot of editing, and talking with people. I work with a lot of people who tend to fight or create drama and then they come to me and I'll settle everything by being fair with both parties.
Lady Bun

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Kaliyana » Thu Apr 11, 2013 9:14 am

1. What date did you register as a CS member?:
I joined CS on October 14th 2009

2. How many posts have you made in the forum (at the time of applying):
I currently have 8,667

3. Without posting your age, are you old enough (and willing) to risk seeing adult content when screening posts that are waiting for moderator approval:
Yes I am, I've already completed high school, and would have been attending college this year, had I been able to get the student loan. Yes, I am also willing to risk seeing adult content, I am actually a more used to reviewing adult content that I particularly want to admit.

4. How many days a week do you usually visit CS?
I usually average visiting CS two times every day of the week. Which mostly consists of the mornings/afternoons (around 10am to 3:30pm Atlantic Standard Time) and late at night (between 6pm and 12am Atlantic Standard Time).

5. How many hours per day do you usually spend on CS, on a day that you do visit?
On average, I spend close to five or six hours on CS each time I visit it during the week, which usually averages as ten or twelve hours total.
On the weekends, I usually average almost fifteen hours on CS, over the span of the weekend.

6. Have you moderated on any other forums before? If so, please link to them
I have, however those sites are no longer up and running...

7. Now the important question: Why do you want to be a moderator for CS?
I would really like to give something back to the CS community. If I had not found CS in 2009, it is possible that my life may have gone a lot differently than it had, and I'm pretty sure I wouldn't have been in such a good place. It's the community here that helped me to get over a lot of personal problems, even though they didn't realize they were doing it. As a result, I really want to give something back to them, as well as the site. I, unfortunately cannot buy any C$ at the moment to contribute to the site that way, and I think that becoming a moderator would be a wonderful way to do that. CS has always been my favorite "go to" website whenever I've been having issues and I just need to relax, and I would really like to try to help keep it the great website that it is.

8. Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position (this is not required)
I grew up with two little brothers and have had to moderate their fights constantly. As a result, I've become experienced to deal with situations that require my unbiased opinion.
I've participated in the peer mediation in my school from grades six to grades twelve (six years), as well as participating at a "leadership program" at the community center in my town. This leadership program lasted from grade ten to grade twelve (three years).
I can read French fluently, all though my ability to speak it is a little flawed.
Kaliyana

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby -Raven- » Thu Apr 11, 2013 9:23 am

June 8th 2012

Yes (When I joined i was on mobile and hit the wrong year of my birth. Can I change it to the correct year?)

I visit every day . Sometimes I visit family and won't be able to get on that offten. But I'm home most of the time.[center]

[center]I am on about 3-5 hours a day,more on the weekends. On the weekends 5-7 hours.

Well two small websites I run. I will add the links later.

I want to keep this site child frendly and clean. I want to be a part of that and keep it the way you intended it to be. Everyone can see what people post and it needs to be kept very child friendly. I don't want younger people like my sister seeing adult content on any site. So I want to help keep young people safe.

Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position:
Well I've got plently of experince moderating sites and keeping post clean. I have moded on severel sites before they ended and always kept on task. If people are having a fight I can most easily break it up. But I must say I am good at moderating post. I can go through posts for hours to check everything out. I feel this job suits me very well because I want to protect children. I also went to school and learned about child pschology and devlopment. I know exactly what to in almost all cases.
Last edited by -Raven- on Thu Apr 11, 2013 10:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
I'm in the process of moving so I won't be on often. Please help me get the BMD my dreamie!
Join—› http://snowyadopts.freeforums.org/index.php
[img]

Soft kitty,warm kitty,little ball of fur. Happy kitty,sleepy kitty,purr,purr,purr.
-Raven-

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me