Now hiring new General Helpers! Applications now closed!

Announcements about events or changes to the website and forum

Re: Now hiring new General Helpers! Applications inside

Postby Fluffy:3 » Mon Dec 09, 2013 11:20 pm

APPLICATON (please post your completed form in this topic)
What date did you register as a CS member?: April 10th, 2011
How many posts have you made in the forum (at the time of applying): 8987
How many days a week do you usually visit CS?: 6-7 days a week
How many hours per day do you usually spend on CS, on a day that you do visit?: 2-4 hours on a weekday, around 3-8 hours on a weekend
Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position?: I am a very active member of the forums, I try to help out when I see questions in topics, I have been to the new user introductions board a few times welcoming players and offering my help to them, and I have sent a couple private messages to users about their questions.
Why do you want to be a General Helper?: I would love to be a General Helper because I enjoy offering assistance to users who need it and I am comfortable talking things out and giving thorough explanations. I am a very patient person and I believe I have the skills for a General Helper.
Quitting!! All pets and items for free!!
Fluffy:3

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Yoyce » Mon Dec 09, 2013 11:32 pm

What date did you register as a CS member?:
Aug 20, 2010

How many posts have you made in the forum:

How many days a week do you usually visit CS?:
7 days a week, I'm an Internet person.

How many hours per day do you usually spend on CS, on a day that you do visit?
Lately I don't have many lectures, so I'm spending quite a lot time on CS. On more busy days it's still always around at least 4-5 hours, when I have free time I sometimes can spend whole day on the CS. I have to admit, You made this site very addicting. : P

Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position?
If we're speaking about languages, I can fluently speak only English, German and Polish, but honestly I think this is even more than enough here. I'm already doing my best to help other people here through answering questions I'm already getting via PMs and active posting on Forum; as examples I can mention my AC for Coppa'd which turned out to be not only the AC, but also a little help center, as I often answer their questions about the CS [through trades, as they can't post or write messages, of course], some guides I'm making with other players [for example, I'm one of the "Outcomes Threads" "staff"] or all the anti-ninja trading during 18th Dec re-release bigger and smaller "campaigns" I'm participating in or organising. I also think I'm long enough here to answer almost all questions about CS. I don't have any diploma confirming that I ended some kind of training in peer mediation, but being an adult player I can interfere where other players are fighting without getting into fight and letting my emotions take over.

Why do you want to be a General Helper?
Despite it's "only" a pet-adopting site with rather big forum, the CS has given me a lot and I think it's time to repay - and there's no better way than helping out other players. The GH position doesn't give anything, but would let other players find me more easily, what is already a huge +.

edit: Corrected some typos.
Last edited by Yoyce on Thu Dec 12, 2013 9:12 am, edited 2 times in total.
After years of commitment to the site I was treated like a dirt, falsely accused and judged by almost everyone with no chance to explain. I do not see the point to stay here anymore, so it's a farewell!

Your life is important. Have a good one.

Contact the Raccoon Master:
>> FlightRising << >> deviantArt <<
Yoyce

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby delete pleasexx.... » Mon Dec 09, 2013 11:44 pm

What date did you register as a CS member?: I registered onto CS on May 22, 2012, approximately 18 months ago.
    How many posts have you made in the forum (at the time of applying): This will be my 4,791st post.
    How many days a week do you usually visit CS? Unless if there is a major change in my schedule (Sickness, Holiday, Party, etc.), I usually visit CS every day of the week.
    How many hours per day do you usually spend on CS, on a day that you do visit? On weekdays, I spend 3-6 Hours on CS, and up to 10 hours on Weekend days.
    Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position? I'm a decent leader (I take leadership seminars at school), I can keep a cool head in situations, and I believe that I have an extensive vocabulary. My friends have recognized me as a place to go when they have troubles, so I can see how people can resolve their problems with my help.
    Why do you want to be a General Helper? Well, I've always seen people getting horrid information from other users on CS, and I really am not fond of that. It hurts me to see that people give wrong information on purpose, just to see another member confused. I would like to use my knowledge of this website to help others, and I could see myself doing that.

Thank you for the chance to apply for General Helper, I would like to wish my luck to all entrants.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Arachin - Writer - Type 1 Diabetic -
Panromantic - Asexual - Genderfluid
DA YT Wattpad Art Shop
All links should be safe for work.

For me, growing up as a human being on
the planet Earth in the twenty-first century
was a real kick in the teeth.
Existentially speaking.
Ernest Cline - Ready Player One

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
delete pleasexx....

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby exorcism » Mon Dec 09, 2013 11:48 pm

What date did you register as a CS member?: February 27, 2011
How many posts have you made in the forum (at the time of applying): 16,457
How many days a week do you usually visit CS? Seven days a week.
How many hours per day do you usually spend on CS, on a day that you do visit? Usually around three hours during school and exam weeks, but when I have more time on my hands it's around four to five.
Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position?: I only speak English, however I do claim to know quite a bit about Chicken Smoothie as a whole. I'm not quite sure if this is a skill, but I do love helping people, and so I'm always open for people to ask me questions regardless. I'm also quite active.
Why do you want to be a General Helper? I just adore helping people! It makes me feel good, it makes them feel good. I enjoy assisting others and, recently, I found out that I'm extremely patient and a diligent worker. I'm comfortable with explaining and giving out answers with random people, and it's something that I enjoy as well!
┌────────────────────────┐

i'm exo! i mostly just lurk
here. i'm a huge fan of all
things spooky and fantasy!

wake from a dream
wherexixwasxstuck
losing .xmy.x teeth

└────────────────────────┘
exorcism

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby StarlitMachine » Mon Dec 09, 2013 11:48 pm

What date did you register as a CS member?: September 05, 2009

How many posts have you made in the forum (at the time of applying): 1649

How many days a week do you usually visit CS?: Commonly every day of the week unless I happen to be more busy than usual with work or college exams

How many hours per day do you usually spend on CS, on a day that you do visit?:Around 4+ hours I'd say

Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position:I've been a mediator in several peer mediation groups throughout high school due to my tendency to be a peace maker and find out simple but peaceful ways to end disputes between two parties. I can easily remain at a neutral stance, viewing both sides before helping with a conclusion. I have a good understanding of CS rules along with trading, and have joined "adopt a newbie" to help new members several times. Each time I've spent quite a bit of quality time teaching them about what they should know, including links to the rules and helping them with how to gauge if a trade is fair. Commonly I do this more-so over christmas, since commonly during the 18th they have confusion with what pets they have. I have successfully aided many out of the grip of christmas "ninjas". On top of that I have stopped a handful or art thefts, one of which was located off of ChickenSmoothie, and on chatlands. I have camped out on intro boards several times and will try my best to do so more often.

Why do you want to be a General Helper?:I love to help people and be a generaly kind and peaceful member of CS. Although I admit there are days where I've got the grumps, I have never harassed or bullied anyone and tend to be a positive and helpful member and would like to continue being this way on chicken smoothie. I will try to remain generally cheerful and helpful and hope to own up to the expectations of this position if given it. I would love to help those in need here on chickensmoothie.
・゜✭ 𝑰 𝒔𝒘𝒆𝒂𝒓 𝒆𝒂𝒄𝒉 𝒑𝒆𝒓𝒇𝒐𝒓𝒎𝒂𝒏𝒄𝒆 𝒊𝒔 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒍𝒂𝒔𝒕, 𝒃𝒖𝒕 𝑰 𝒍𝒊𝒆 𝒆𝒗𝒆𝒓𝒚 𝒕𝒊𝒎𝒆. ✫・゜
𝓐𝓵𝓮𝓴𝓪𝓮 | 𝓗𝓮/𝓗𝓲𝓶 | 𝓐𝓭𝓾𝓵𝓽 | 𝓟𝓪𝓷-𝓟𝓸𝓵𝔂 | 𝓟𝓲𝓼𝓬𝓮𝓼 | 𝓘𝓝𝓕𝓟
𝓖𝓻𝔂𝓯𝓯𝓲𝓷𝓭𝓸𝓻 | 𝓙𝓱𝓲𝓷 𝓜𝓪𝓲𝓷 | 𝓢𝓱𝓲𝓮𝓵𝓭𝓫𝓻𝓸𝓽𝓱𝓮𝓻 | 𝓒𝓱𝓪𝓸𝓽𝓲𝓬 𝓝𝓮𝓾𝓽𝓻𝓪𝓵
StarlitMachine

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby BrokenShadows » Mon Dec 09, 2013 11:51 pm

What date did you register as a CS member?:
Febuary 11, 2011

How many posts have you made in the forum (at the time of applying):

How many days a week do you usually visit CS?:
5 or 6, depending on my schedule. I am not on Sundays though.

On Mondays and Tuesdays, I will generally come on for about 1 and a half hours, due to Martial Arts. I try to come on as much as possible, I'm usually on for about 5-7 hours during the week though.

Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position:
That's a tough question, but I would say yes. I am currently in the leadership program (Again in Martial Arts), and we are told to help out as much as we can. Being in this course, I am able to handle situations of repeated questions and I am very patient with other users and people. I also have began a co-owned circus training and gymnastics school with a friend at school, and we even will teach people older than us. I can also speak German quite well and read and write it even better. I am also very good at "Peer Meditation", as I ha had to deal with many people who I need to use this with. I also get PMs from other players asking me questions, and answered almost all of them. I am fairly good at trade values, but with pets and C$ mostly./i]

Why do you want to be a General Helper?: [
i]I want to be a general helper because I really like to help others when they're confused! I would not only use skills that I've gained previously, but I would be able to also gain experience from being a helper! I think that it would also be fun to be a general helper on CS, and I would like to help people with things that they don't know, and give them advice. I've also, seen many people asking questions more than once because they didn't understand the previous answer, and other players yelling at them. I would like to answer their questions before this happens.
Last edited by BrokenShadows on Fri Dec 13, 2013 1:47 am, edited 3 times in total.
BrokenShadows

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Kettu-sama » Mon Dec 09, 2013 11:53 pm

APPLICATON

What date did you register as a CS member?: Nov 05, 2009
How many posts have you made in the forum (at the time of applying): 3258
How many days a week do you usually visit CS?: Everyday
How many hours per day do you usually spend on CS, on a day that you do visit?: From 2 to 5, since I have CS everytime open, when I'm on computer
Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position: Languages? Well, my own language is finnish, and I can speak english, japanese and a little bit swedish too. In trading, I know my rarities and I've helped people to know rarities and basic things in trading too. And I'm one of peer-mediators in our school, so it might help. I'm also a tutor there. And I'm also a scout, so I'm always prepared to help. And, I've been member from 2009, so I know very much about this site already, too. So I'm already a pretty old member, so it is easy to me tell something to someone, and I can even tell them what kind of layout CS had back then and such stuff.
Why do you want to be a General Helper?: Well, I really like helping people. And as a peer-mediator, a tutor and a cout I'm ready to help and, well, I'm used to helping others. And it is pretty fun. I enjoy it, and it makes me happy when I can help someone and I hope that the person who I'm helping will be happy too.
[kettu | they/them | fin | adult]
[furry | digital artist | comms open]
[brain in the oc gutter 24/7]
Kettu-sama

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Bunny x » Tue Dec 10, 2013 12:17 am

1.What date did you register as a CS member?: May 17th, 2012
2.How many posts have you made in the forum (at the time of applying): 1773
3.How many days a week do you usually visit CS? 3-5 or more depending on the week
4.How many hours per day do you usually spend on CS, on a day that you do visit? 2-3
5.Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position: I speak some Spanish. I try my best to answer all the questions given to me.
6.Why do you want to be a General Helper?
I would like to be a general helper because I love helping others. If other people have questions, I will try to answer them as quick as I can so that they can understand the game better.
roѕalιnanιna
ιѕ мy ѕιѕтer.
pleaѕe don'т вan нer.

I am a holibomber!
I have gifted 2 people.
I have received 7 gifts.
Bunny x

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby luxray; » Tue Dec 10, 2013 12:19 am

What date did you register as a CS member?: June 3, 2011
How many posts have you made in the forum (at the time of applying):
How many days a week do you usually visit CS?
Every single day <3
At the very, very least I spend about 10 hours, maybe a little less during the week.
Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position?
I speak basic Spanish and German, and I consider myself very good with trading values, and getting around the site. In a few months I'll be taking a class at my academy that teaches what you called Peer Mediation, so hopefully that will help c: I've also been on Adopt A Newbie several times and helped many people out.
Why do you want to be a General Helper?
I love to help new players, and becoming at least a general helper on here has always been a dream of mine, so I could help people a little better c:

Thank you!
luxray;

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Devilish » Tue Dec 10, 2013 12:40 am

What date did you register as a CS member?: Nov 05, 2008
How many posts have you made in the forum (at the time of applying): 6901
How many days a week do you usually visit CS? 7 days a week. Even if I'm busy I still manage to find time for CS.
How many hours per day do you usually spend on CS, on a day that you do visit? On busy days, I'm online 3-4 hours per day and on usual days, anywhere from 7-12 hours a day.
Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position (this is not required): I consider myself a peer mediator because I'm editor-in-chief of my high school yearbook staff of approximately 250 kids. With so many kids on staff, there is bound to be arguments and disagreements somewhere along the line, and when there is I step in and solve them. It's part of my duty as the editor. I am also a student mentor for underclassmen at my school. I show incoming students (transfer students, foreign exchange or freshmen) the way around the school, the best routes to take, I show them their classes, introduce them to nice people, and even tutor them if they're having difficulties with a subject. I also think I know my rarities fairly well and I help new members when I can, like when I receive a trade from them, I try to point them in the right direction if I can tell they're struggling.
Why do you want to be a General Helper? I really love to help people. It's one of the best ways to make friends and get to know other people. An act as simple as showing a new user the "Is this a fair trade?" thread is enough to make them happy and that is honestly the best reward. I remember when I was a new user, we didn't have general helpers and we had to try to figure out things on our own, which was very difficult at times. But now that we have general helpers, I believe it makes their CS experience even more enjoyable.

"I guess we are who we are for a lot of reasons.
And maybe we'll never know most of them. But
even if we don't have the power to choose where
we come from, we can still choose where we go
from there.”
-The Perks of Being A Wallflower

I made this art for my husband, pls be nice as I do not typically create
for normal humans.
Devilish

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery