Applications open for: Oekaki Moderator(age 16+) NOW CLOSED

Announcements about events or changes to the website and forum

Re: Applications open for: Oekaki Moderator (age 16+)

Postby wolf ;; » Sun Mar 09, 2014 8:43 pm

What date did you register as a CS member?
June 2nd, 2011

How many posts have you made in the forum?

How many days a week do you usually visit CS?
Every day

How many hours per day do you usually spend on CS, on a day that you do visit?
Usually, on weekdays, around 4-5 hours, except for Fridays - then that can range to 12-14 hours
On Saturday, I am on all day, and Sunday, usually for 12-14 hours.

Have you moderated on any other forums before? If so, please link to them
Nope

Have you ever used the CS oekaki to draw?
Yep, all the time

Do you ever spend much time browsing the oekaki board just to look at the art posted there?
I look through the Oekaki at least every ten minutes or so, for a fair while.

Why do you want to be an oekaki moderator for CS?
Well...I think it would be a fun experience, to go and help people with their troubles on oekaki, I would learn from it. I like to help other people. I also would like to work in a team of other people, and learn from them, as well as maybe them learning something from me - we could help each other out.

Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position?
I am familiar with the tools used in oekaki, and how to use them effectively.
I'm told to be intelligent with these types of things.
I am hard-working, and willing to do something like this to the best of my ability.
I have patience if someone tries to be rude.
wolf ;;

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Pindelle » Sun Mar 09, 2014 9:56 pm

CARVICTORA'S APPLICATON
  1. What date did you register as a CS member?:
    I joined January 9, 2012, 8:03 pm, Japan time.
  2. How many posts have you made in the forum:
    I have 1646 posts as of this time of applying.
  3. How many days a week do you usually visit CS?
    I am on seven days a week.
  4. How many hours per day do you usually spend on CS, on a day that you do visit?
    I visit from 4:00 pm to 8:00 pm on the weekdays, and 14 hours on weekends. So, I am very active and very accessable.
  5. Have you moderated on any other forums before? If so, please link to them
    oh, yes. I moderate this website
  6. Have you ever used the CS oekaki to draw?
    actually, I don't use oekaki at all, I've tried, but I haven't been good at it. However, I am a skilled traditional artist,
  7. Do you ever spend much time browsing the oekaki board just to look at the art posted there?
    oh, yes !! All of the time ! I love looking at the art users put out !
  8. Why do you want to be an oekaki moderator for CS?
    I absolutely love looking at all the new artwork that the users put out. Not to mention I love my job as moderation on the site linked above. Being an oekaki moderator would show my true colours and give me a chance to have some more work to do.
  9. Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position?
    i have skills by moderating sites, so moderation isn't a new thing for me, so I could handle my job well. I a. Also rather traditionally skilled with art. I also know how to use the oekaki very well, yet I choose not to use it, as, I can't digitally draw to save my life.
Pindelle

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby WolfWhisperer » Sun Mar 09, 2014 11:24 pm

What date did you register as a CS member?: (if it's less than 6 months ago, do not apply):

September 25, 2008 at 9:06 PM

How many posts have you made in the forum (at the time of applying): (if it's less than 300, do not apply):

3,320 posts

How many days a week do you usually visit CS?:

Practically everyday!

How many hours per day do you usually spend on CS, on a day that you do visit?:

I spend at least 2-5 hours on chicken smoothie when I come on during the day (as far as I am concerned), wandering the site and looking at art and the adoption part of the oekaki board. I show a particular interest in the realistic works people upload, and watching new and upcoming artists broaden their imaginations.

Have you moderated on any other forums before? If so, please link to them:

Unfortunately I have not moderated a site before, but have had a forum of my own that I did watch over but did not quite hit off that I wish it had done so.

Have you ever used the CS oekaki to draw?:

I have at times, but sadly my art has not quite gone well digitally, especially with a program I am not too familiar with. But that has not stopped me from going across the board to admire everyone else's uploads!

Do you ever spend much time browsing the oekaki board just to look at the art posted there?:

I find myself to be a very artsy person, who loves to draw and visualize art at many times of the day and have been drawing since 2005-6 but had been drawing before then, but not as excessive as I am now. I have done quite a bit of time looking around the oekaki board, even gone to the very old pages to see what things were firstly drawn on the board and to look at ones that are not the popular artworks of the month or on the first five pages of the Oekaki Board.

Why do you want to be an oekaki moderator for CS?:

I have been a loyal member to chicken smoothie for 5 years and have never looked back. As quoted before, I love artwork and enjoy watching different people drawing and showing off their lovely art skills. I find that I am a kind, friendly, supportive person, who dislikes people putting others down. I have never sworn on here and never bullied anyone, as I find it very unorthodox.

I am skilled in peer mediation where I have been able to help an individual resolve an issue with coming up with many efficient options by which an individual may choose which one they may deem best for their situation. I feel as though I am an easy person to approach and do not judge any individual in any circumstance, especially when only recently meeting the person. I feel that I am to treat anyone the way that they want to be treated. If someone was to verbally bash me, I would keep calm and refer to an admin or a senior moderator if things were to get out of control.

Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position (this is not required) (for example have you had any experience in peer mediation? Have you had a ton of experience using the oekaki program?): In the world outside of the internet I have been quite successful in helping an individual understand which actions are not acceptable, and also been able to help those in conflict with their own problems and issues with other people and I feel that I could bring those attributes into play on chicken smoothie if given the opportunity.
WolfWhisperer

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby NinthWolf » Mon Mar 10, 2014 12:39 am

What date did you register as a CS member?: 02 Oct 2011

How many posts have you made in the forum (at the time of applying): 5819

How many days a week do you usually visit CS?:7, any less is extremely rare for me.

How many hours per day do you usually spend on CS, on a day that you do visit? About 4 on weekdays and usually the entire evening. I do check on using my smart phone at random times during the day and on weekends usually 7-9 hours.

Have you moderated on any other forums before? I have for past websites which are sadly long gone, although have not had any experience working as a moderator for an oekaki board.

Have you ever used the CS oekaki to draw?: Yes, although less frequently as of late due to my trusty old tablet finally giving up and am now awaiting my new one! Oekaki is an excellent medium for both sketches and more detailed artwork especially if one is unfamiliar with digital drawing.

Do you ever spend much time browsing the oekaki board just to look at the art posted there?:
Yes! I spend most of my time either browsing the art work making sure that there is no questionable work being submitted and that the references are credited properly but I also use it as a reliable source of inspiration, especially on those days when I am stumped for what to draw.

Why do you want to be an oekaki moderator for CS?: I have both on and off site experience for what you are looking for and I feel that I could be a useful asset to the oekaki team. I have not only been given critique on my own art but also have given appropriate feedback when needed to other artists whilst continuing to be pleasant yet tactful in my responses. I am able to settle conflicts between members calmly and without bias.
I am very familiar with the rules and regulations in regards to art and have the topics bookmarked for regular checking if need be.
Lastly as stated above I have an eye for abused/thefted art and have no qualms when reporting or contacting a moderator on the subject of art even if my judgment may be a little on the harsh side than the slack.

Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position?: I have experience and skills with the world of mediation and moderation which I feel is particularly necessary for this position. I am a very accessible member of Chicken Smoothie and am often private messaged questions or comments in which I feel completely comfortable and happy in responding to. I feel I am a likeable member of CS however I am able to castigate members enough to get my point across without causing upset.
Fursona
Signature art by Emberwolf and avatar by Spotty

Not too active on here anymore but I still check back if you need anything!
NinthWolf

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby *JACKAL* » Mon Mar 10, 2014 12:47 am

What date did you register as a CS member?: 15 June 2011

How many posts have you made in the forum: 3761

How many days a week do you usually visit CS? 7 days

How many hours per day do you usually spend on CS, on a day that you do visit? Pretty much all day.

Have you moderated on any other forums before? If so, please link to them: Mini modding on CS

Have you ever used the CS oekaki to draw? All the time.

Do you ever spend much time browsing the oekaki board just to look at the art posted there? Yes, I love looking at the up and coming artists as well as the CS faves.

Why do you want to be an oekaki moderator for CS? I'd really like to be part of the busy CS team, especially as there are so many new members on here now. I'd really like to start putting more into CS.

Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position (this is not required) (for example have you had any experience in peer mediation? Have you had a ton of experience using the oekaki program? Definitely a ton of experience on oekaki, and some on the problems with the new update. I managed to work some of my problems out myself. I've developed the skill to explain why certain things can't be done in certain forums, I like to teach members what they can and can't do so they know for next time.

Also in my job a lot of our customer base can be quite rude and impatient so as a result I've developed communications skills and patience to help such people.

Good with CS rules and BBCoding for extra help with the role.
Last edited by *JACKAL* on Thu Mar 20, 2014 2:05 am, edited 5 times in total.

█ ▌
█ ▌
█ ▌
█ ▌
█ ▌
█ ▌
█ ▌
█ ▌
█ ▌
█ ▌
█ ▌
█ ▌

▌█
▌█
▌█
▌█
▌█
▌█
▌█
▌█

Image..Image..Image..Image..Image..Image..Image..Image
*JACKAL*

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Rexodus » Mon Mar 10, 2014 1:01 am

What date did you register as a CS member?:
    I first registered on Chicken Smoothie on the 28th of August 2009 - so I have been on this website for 4 and a half years.

How many posts have you made in the forum:
    In the forum, in total, I have made 12821 posts.

How many days a week do you usually visit CS?
    It's practically every day. CS is my life, and so I tend to be on every day.

How many hours per day do you usually spend on CS, on a day that you do visit?
    Usually, I am online from anything from 8-10 hours if I have class or a doctors/hospital appointment and around 14-20 hours on a regular day when I'm not busy.

Have you moderated on any other forums before? If so, please link to them
    I haven't moderated forums, but I have moderated topics here on CS such as:
    Balligons.
    Antlered Guardian of Destera.

Have you ever used the CS oekaki to draw?
    Yes I have and still do use the oekaki to draw. I use it every day as you can possibly see by looking in my gallery. I have made over 1000+ oekaki drawings/coloured ins. It's the main drawing program that I use to make designs and to draw art for both myself and others.

Do you ever spend much time browsing the oekaki board just to look at the art posted there?
    Yes I do. I normally go there to look at the art and designs that people have made, to give appropriate criticism and tips to those who ask.

I tend to help people use the basics - so like lock alpha, smoothing tool for those who don't have a tablet, etc - and I also tend to look at line arts and check the coloured ins to make sure that they are following the lineart artist's rules. I tend to do this in all the free time I have, which is a lot of hours per day since I normally spend 6-10 hours doing this.

It also inspires me when I have art block and I admire people's time and dedication they put into a piece. It's simply amazing what people can come up with to draw.

Why do you want to be an oekaki moderator for CS?
    I'd like to be an oekaki moderator because I'd like to help out the other oekaki mods. I still see a lot of user's asking for topics to be moved, or people not following the rules of someone's linearts and I'd like to be able to sort it out for them instead of simply just reporting the form and PMing the lineart artists.

I have used the oekaki since the day it was first put up on CS and have been with it over the years as things have been tweaked and edited with the program and this experience has given me the knowledge I have today about the program. I know it like the back of my own hand.

I'd love to be able to have people come to me for help using the oekaki program and to help those who are dealing with art theft since at the current time all I can offer is advice to them and I'd love to be able to actually help them instead of saying to them ''contact a mod''. Even though we do not see a lot of art that does go against CS rules in the oekaki, if there is I'd like to be able to do something about it instead of simply watching from the side lines as currently do now.

I am a friendly person who is easy to talk to and I see myself as non intimidating so people should be able to contact me with ease without feeling nervous. ^^

Since art is a passion of mine, that I'm constantly using the oekaki boards, and that I'd love to be able to help others in more ways other than simply giving them advice on what to do - I feel as though this position would be perfect for me.

Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position:
    I am a non-biased person. This skill is key for having to solve disputed between two people, even if I know or have spoken to them and have an idea of what they are like. If a dispute was to happen, I'd think of all the possibilities of what could happen, and chose the best cause of action in order to solve it - weather or not the people are friends of mine.

Having being a victim of art theft in the past, I know how it's not a really nice thing to go through, and I also know how to handle those kinds of situations.

I am a calm and collective person who doesn't get frustrated easily. This is also key for dealing with disputes or with unhappy users who may be frustrated or angry with a certain out come. I am also patient enough to get to the bottom of situations that may have someone who is stressed or angry.

I also have a lot of experience dealing with people of every age. I used to work at a primary school and help out at high school so this has taught me how to be patient with situations, a. Of course, on this site we do not know the ages of others and so I'd treat everyone with kindness and respect even if they do not show me it in return.

I am familiar with the CS rules so I know what is right and wrong.

I know most of the oekaki artists here on CS, and I know their styles. This would help me with art theft due to me knowing an extensive number of artists that if someone was trying to have show art and claim it as their own, I tend to know the style and would be able to see if they have stolen it or that it is genuinely theirs

I am able to handle offensive/inappropriate images and topics easily, and I do not get upset or uncomfortable with such topics.

I have experience in working as a team as I am an artist to many different adoptables, and part of many groups here on CS where having a team is key.

Thank you for taking your time to read this - I appreciate the offer of this position and I trust your judgement.

I wish everyone else good luck. ^^
Last edited by Rexodus on Mon Mar 10, 2014 4:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Rexodus

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Sorren Fey » Mon Mar 10, 2014 1:20 am

Marmoset wrote:Would turning 16 this year count as being at least 16 ?

You have to be at least 16 at the time of hiring.
Sorren Fey
Admin

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Dylan Klebold » Mon Mar 10, 2014 1:50 am

1.What date did you register as a CS member?: Sun Apr 03, 2011 7:18 am
2.How many posts have you made in the forum (at the time of applying): 9697 over nine-thousaaaand
3.How many days a week do you usually visit CS? All 7.
4.How many hours per day do you usually spend on CS, on a day that you do visit? At least 3 hours. At most is around 6-7
5.Have you moderated on any other forums before? If so, please link to them. I have chat-moderated on a Minecraft and am currently a mini-mod at this RP and the owner of this RP
6.Have you ever used the CS oekaki to draw? Yes. I currently have 238 total oekaki drawings.
7.Do you ever spend much time browsing the oekaki board just to look at the art posted there? A lot more than I used to back in '11.
8.Why do you want to be an oekaki moderator for CS? I would love to help out CS in a way that can have an impact. Also, I'd love to have something to do on CS other than roleplay.
9.Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position? Yes. I have used Oekaki a lot and am taking a drawing fundamentals class in school.
Dylan Klebold

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby grizzly. » Mon Mar 10, 2014 2:06 am

What date did you register as a CS member?: December 21, 2009
    How many posts have you made in the forum (at the time of applying): 13,625
    How many days a week do you usually visit CS? I am usually on everyday, more so at night during the week, but I am on for the majority of the time during the weekend.
    How many hours per day do you usually spend on CS, on a day that you do visit? Usually somewhere in between three to six hours. This varries with what I am doing, and how busy I am that day.
    Have you moderated on any other forums before? If so, please link to them n/a
    Have you ever used the CS oekaki to draw? Yes, but since I don't have a conputer anymore, and am on with just my smartphone, I haven't been able to, although I am still able to look through the art made, my only limitation is that I cannot make my own art due to being limite to only a phone.
    Do you ever spend much time browsing the oekaki board just to look at the art posted there? Yes, I like to see the artistic ability others have when it comes to making it via computer. It's amazing to me on how wonderful they turn out.
    Why do you want to be an oekaki moderator for CS? I would like to be a oekaki moderate, not for the benifits, no, that's a silly reason, but instead for the ability to help CS. I am usually quite good at being able to find where others have broken the rules, maybe not in a severe way, but still in a simple, basic way that they use more than one picture for their character's on their forms, but the picture is left where it is. I also would like the position because it seems like a great opportunity to be a great service to the site, and to make sure nothing is posted that is not appropriate for everyone to see, as there are little kids on this site, and they have just as much acess as the rest of the members on this site, so they have just as much chance to stumble upon something inappropriate for them to see, whether it be a post, a picture or a work of art.
    Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position I would be able to deal with the situation in a kind, yet stern way, so that way a fight does not arise, but also so it gets the situation taken care of in a civil way.
ImagexxxxImage
                BUT IT'S MINE
grizzly.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby MegaCherrio » Mon Mar 10, 2014 2:16 am

What date did you register as a CS member?: I joined CS on October 25, 2010, a good almost four years ago.
How many posts have you made in the forum: I've made 10,963 posts in the forum.
How many days a week do you usually visit CS? I visit CS at least once every single day from my computer, and multiple more time from my phone.
How many hours per day do you usually spend on CS, on a day that you do visit? I spend about two hours from my computer at home, usually during the afternoon or evening. Throughout the day, in the morning, right after school and such I check CS on my phone for about ten minutes unless there is anything I want to do or respond to.
Have you moderated on any other forums before? If so, please link to them I have not moderated any other forums.
Have you ever used the CS Oekaki to draw? Yes, I've actually made about 700 drawings on the Oeakaki prior to switching programs. I still have a wide knowledge on the tools, features and also troubleshooting.
Do you ever spend much time browsing the Oekaki board just to look at the art posted there? I would say I check the Oekaki pages every day just for browsing, I love to see new art and new artists!
Why do you want to be an Oekaki moderator for CS? I want to be an Oeakaki moderator because I have a deep love for digital art and I love helping other people around CS.
Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position: I've used the Oeakaki a lot and I have knowledge with each feature and can help players troubleshoot. I also browse other websites, like DA, so I would be able to tell if a piece was traced or stolen. I"m also very familiar with most CS artists' styles.
..click for DA.. click for tumblr.. click for ask .. my chars..

i'm more active on other sites during the school year :)
MegaCherrio

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me