Global Moderators - Now chosen.

Announcements about events or changes to the website and forum

Re: Global Moderators - Now Hiring! READ BEFORE POSTING

Postby A.Contradictory.Sort » Thu Mar 10, 2011 5:24 am

APPLICATON
What date did you register as a CS member?: Sun Oct 19, 2008 7:22 pm <3
How many posts have you made in the forum (at the time of applying): 2,597. :D
Without posting your age, are you old enough (and willing) to risk seeing adult content when screening posts that are waiting for moderator approval: I'm fine with it, ;)
How many days a week do you usually visit CS? I am usually on every day.
How many hours per day do you usually spend on CS, on a day that you do visit? About 2 hours a day, less on weekends, and sometimes all the way to five hours on weekdays.
Have you moderated on any other forums before? I have, but those sites are inactive now.
Now the important question: Why do you want to be a moderator for CS? I would love to be a moderator because I love helping people and making sure this place stays spam free/nastiness free. Chicken Smoothie is really a wonderful community and I would enjoy dedicating time to keeping it that way. Not to mention I would love to help take some of the smaller tasks off the older moderators so they could better deal with bigger issues.
Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position (this is not required) (for example do you speak any other languages, or have you had any experience in peer mediation?) I am studying to be a psychologist, so I feel I have a good handle on mediating fights and dealing with delicate situations, and I have often moderated fights in other places. I don't speak any language but English, unfortunately. Also, I don't know if this is a skill but I don't mind mindless and time consuming tasks such as organizing boards, deleting topics and such. ^^

Image Image
"yer a lesbian, harry"

A.Contradictory.Sort

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby starfighter123 » Thu Mar 10, 2011 5:25 am

Typical wrote:I have a Question, as I've seen a few members apply who have stated they are under 18 but have permission and maturity to do the job. would those factors mean that I could still apply?

I wonderd aswell

I love riding,I have two horses,Buzz and magic
starfighter123

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Ricorn » Thu Mar 10, 2011 5:38 am

Starfighter123 - we are looking for someone who has been on here for more than 8 months.

And Typical -
Please DO NOT APPLY if you...

...are younger than 18, or if you're old enough but still uncomfortable dealing with occasional adult images or language. In the past, we allowed members of any age to join as moderators, but recently the moderators have had to deal with an influx of spam bots (this is the first-post approval task which I mentioned earlier), some of which post adult material and images. As it is your job to protect the rest of the site from viewing this content, it wouldn't be appropriate to give you the job if you're likely to be offended by that content. I'm not going to ask for your age, because we don't ask for/share that information on CS, but if you're a member from the US then we probably have your birthdate on record so there's no point in applying if you're 14 years old.

Image Image Image Image
Clowns to the left of me.
Jokers to the right.
Here I am, stuck in the middle with you.
Image Image Image Image

Tumblr || Flight Rising
Ricorn

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby smokey flowers » Thu Mar 10, 2011 5:45 am

Hello!
I have got a question, I'm not eighteen years old, but will be in a few months. Will this still be open by then?
Thanks!
Just call me Rose ♥
I am online
Will overpay for: lynx PPS. It's my dreamie.
Know PacChing Production Games? Here's one.
smokey flowers

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Chry » Thu Mar 10, 2011 5:50 am

Kara of Scar wrote:Hello!
I have got a question, I'm not eighteen years old, but will be in a few months. Will this still be open by then?
Thanks!

No, this will end after a few days or a week :)
Chry

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby smokey flowers » Thu Mar 10, 2011 5:52 am

Oh, too bad :(
Just call me Rose ♥
I am online
Will overpay for: lynx PPS. It's my dreamie.
Know PacChing Production Games? Here's one.
smokey flowers

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Takora Drakan » Thu Mar 10, 2011 6:04 am

APPLICATON

What date did you register as a CS member?:
Fri Sep 26, 2008 6:31 pm

How many posts have you made in the forum (at the time of applying):

Without posting your age, are you old enough (and willing) to risk seeing adult content when screening posts that are waiting for moderator approval:
I don't get a heart attack when I see an adult image, and well I am an legal adult since many years now, and so I think am mature enough to deal with the spam bots, or people that post explicit images.

How many days a week do you usually visit CS?
Every day. :)

How many hours per day do you usually spend on CS, on a day that you do visit?
About 4-6 hours, it depends on the day. On the weekends I am more online, about 6-8 hours since I have obviously more time.

Have you moderated on any other forums before? If so, please link to them
I have administrated and moderated a guild forum from a MMORPG before, but that was about 3 years ago, and the site is offline since about 2 years. So I can't sadly put a workable link here.

Now the important question: Why do you want to be a moderator for CS?
I want to help to keep the site clean and tidy, and make it a fun play for everyone to enjoy. Also I want to make sure that everyone follows the rules without being mean; since no one likes to be the bad guy. But as moderator you have also to be strict at some times, and I am capable of that. There is sure much to do here, and I want to help to decrease the workload of the other moderators here, that they can also enjoy the site. Also I have no problems giving advice to new users or welcoming them to the site. I just want to make sure that everyone has a great time here on CS, since it is a wonderful and friendly site in my eyes.

Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position (this is not required) (for example do you speak any other languages, or have you had any experience in peer mediation?)
My mother tongue is German, and well my second one is English. So I can also help out people that speak German if they have a problem. But I have no problem with English at all, since I use that at a daily basis in written and spoken form, since I have many friends from around the world I talk to.
Pet Spotlight:
Pet's name: Xylona
Trades - Looking for all kinds of Dragons!
Takora Drakan

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby -Obsidian » Thu Mar 10, 2011 6:29 am

My Application

1.What date did you register as a CS member?: September, Saturday 5th, 2009
2.How many posts have you made in the forum (at the time of applying): 2601 (NOT including this one!)
3.Without posting your age, are you old enough (and willing) to risk seeing adult content when screening posts that are waiting for moderator approval: Yes, i am willing and of age, and I ensure you that i'll take any blows my fellow CS players fire - appropriate or not.
4.How many days a week do you usually visit CS?: seven days a week, and i don't usually go on holiday.
5.How many hours per day do you usually spend on CS, on a day that you do visit?: 4-5 hours roughly, sometimes a little less if i'm busy.
6.Have you moderated on any other forums before? If so, please link to them: I owned a horse SIM game for a couple of months, it was called "H10.2". Here's the link to the current one (owned by ~*Oddly Shaded*~): click
7.Now the important question: Why do you want to be a moderator for CS?: Well i suspevt there are down and up sides about being a moderator. Bad - as you said, Tess, you can unwillingly gain unwanted enemies, who get upset when you reprimand them. Also, i find that some players treat you with almighty respect...you're like a god. (eg. You post a comment on someone's oekaki drawing, and they reply: "OMG!! *insert name of staff* likes my drawing! THANK-YOU, THANK-YOU!) And though we should respect each other, it could be a little uncomfortable to start with... but off course, there are lots of good points: a) Though you make enemies, you also make very good friends. b) I hate it when a topic is in the wrong place, or people are arguing, so the ability to move things to the appropriate places, and put a stop to pointless bickering would be contenting for me. c) Finally, CS is a brilliant place, which gives SOOOOO much, and about 99% of the community are caring, nice people. But there are that 1% that want to ruin everything and abuse the rules. I don't like these people. I doubt any others them too. So it would be great if we could ALL be nice and watch out for each other, so if you choose me, i'd want to help with making CS even better.
8.Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position (this is not required): Well, i am rather blunt and straight-talking, and i don't hesitate to state my point. I'm sure if that's good or bad, but i'll say it anyway.

I think you'll be getting alot of applications, so good luck to you, Tess!

Ps. I but a few of the down sides to make a balanced-argument, so i hope that was a sensible desicion, instead of just listing heaps and heaps of pretty lame good things, where only a few have reasonable points. I know some BASIC french too (weather, colours, clothing and some simple sentences).
Last edited by -Obsidian on Sat Mar 12, 2011 7:32 pm, edited 3 times in total.
iiiiiiiiiiiiiiii
-Obsidian

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby katy; » Thu Mar 10, 2011 6:46 am

1. Fri Nov 27, 2009 7:49 pm(About 15-16 months ago)
2. 1364 total posts, This is my 1365th Post when this is posted.
3. Yes. I would be fine checking these. These are being checked for people on Chicken Smoothie, so no umpleasant content is shown to young players.
4. Every day, unless I am on holiday, or I am at a competition. i may miss the odd day on Chicken Smoothie for that.
5. A rough minimum of 1 hour per day. I would average it at 3-5 hours a day, it will vary. Weekends I can spend about 5-6 hours a day.
6. I have only been a 'mini-mod' for the odd auctions.
7. Chicken Smoothie is a site I have played for a long time. I use to play on here so little, but I have became a Chicken Smoothie addict, you could say. I also love to help other players, and being a moderator could let me help a lot more people. I also know a few languages, such as Spanish, German and French. They would help a lot, as I have seen many people on Chicken Smoothie who can only speak basic English.
8. As i said in Question No. 7;
I also know a few languages, such as Spanish, German and French.

The only languages I know are:
German, Spanish, French, English, Dutch and Irish. I am best at Spanish, French & English, although I know a fair bit of the others, as I have been tought a lot of all of these.
I would like to wish you luck at finding your new Moderators, Tess!
Last edited by katy; on Thu Mar 10, 2011 8:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
it me
katy;

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Ekio » Thu Mar 10, 2011 6:52 am

APPLICATON
*What date did you register as a CS member?: Thu Jan 22, 2009

*How many posts have you made in the forum (at the time of applying): 2611

*Without posting your age, are you old enough (and willing) to risk seeing adult content when screening posts that are waiting for moderator approval: Yes

*How many days a week do you usually visit CS?: Daily

*How many hours per day do you usually spend on CS, on a day that you do visit?: On average, 8 hours

*Have you moderated on any other forums before? If so, please link to them: Not as of this post. I do own a newspaper and have to moderate the comments on the website, but it's still very small.

*Now the important question: Why do you want to be a moderator for CS?: I enjoy CS and it's welcoming environment. My boys aren't interested enough yet to have their own account, but were they I would not feel like it needed my looking over their shoulder. I'd like to help keep it that way.

*Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position (this is not required) (for example do you speak any other languages, or have you had any experience in peer mediation?): As a mom/school volunteer I do a good bit of peer mediation on a daily basis. I also have to deal with the often unhappy scowls and jeers related to my verdict on a subject. I'm a mom, it's what we do. ^_~
I am not fluent in any other language than English, but I'm quite quick with Google and always happy to try my best at translating something if I need to when speaking to someone. I'm often an open ear and am always willing to help where I can if asked a question by someone newer to the site/oekaki/trading than me.
.:Char Thread:.
.:Art Shop:.
Blueninja and kaileggo are my sons. They may trade with each other from time to time.

Ekio

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me