GLOBAL MODERATORS - Applications Closed

Announcements about events or changes to the website and forum

Re: GLOBAL MODERATORS - Now Hiring! Apply within. Age 18+ on

Postby Wet Bread » Thu Apr 11, 2013 9:24 am

1. What date did you register as a CS member?:
january 11, 2012
2. How many posts have you made in the forum (at the time of applying):
3. Without posting your age, are you old enough (and willing) to risk seeing adult content when screening posts that are waiting for moderator approval:
yes
4. How many days a week do you usually visit CS?
6-7 days, some tuesdays I can't make it on but, most days I can pull it off.
5. How many hours per day do you usually spend on CS, on a day that you do visit?
I'd say 5-10, I spend a lot of time here.
6. Have you moderated on any other forums before? If so, please link to them
nope
7. Now the important question: Why do you want to be a moderator for CS?
I want to help keep CS a friendly, safe site for everyone. My little brother visits the site occasionally and I want it to continue to be a place that I am comfortable with him, as well as other young children, visiting.
8. Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position (this is not required)
I work in an environment where I constantly have to settle disputes in an unbiased manner.
[center]
She/they | feel free to call me Wet or Save | Just quietly existing
eternal favorite person
Wet Bread

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby fifetastic » Thu Apr 11, 2013 9:34 am

Question concerning age - Is this "Age at time of application" or "Age at time of Moderators being chosen"? For some of us it may make a difference. Thanks ;)
~fife
fifetastic

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Lufi » Thu Apr 11, 2013 9:42 am

What date did you register as a CS member?: May 2010
How many posts have you made in the forum 12696
Without posting your age, are you old enough (and willing) to risk seeing adult content when screening posts that are waiting for moderator approval: Yes
How many days a week do you usually visit CS? Every Day
How many hours per day do you usually spend on CS, on a day that you do visit? Every day - average cca 5 hours
Have you moderated on any other forums before? No
Now the important question: Why do you want to be a moderator for CS? I love this site and my big dream is helping here and working for this site. Helping newbie what is what etc.
Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position I can speak also czech and slovak language.
Lufi

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby DerbyGirl » Thu Apr 11, 2013 9:45 am

What date did you register as a CS member?:

I joined back on April 25th, 2011. I have never regretted that decision!

How many posts have you made in the forum (at the time of applying):

Not including this post, my total is a fine 10,543.

Without posting your age, are you old enough (and willing) to risk seeing adult content when screening posts that are waiting for moderator approval:

Yes, I am old enough and willing to take the risk.

How many days a week do you usually visit CS?

I've logged on every single day since I've joined. :3 So yes, 7 days a week...although usually at least one of those days might be mobile only.

How many hours per day do you usually spend on CS, on a day that you do visit?

Generally, a minimum of 4. When I'm mobile restricted, may be for 1/2 hour to 1 hour total.

Have you moderated on any other forums before? If so, please link to them

Yes, I have.

A global moderator for here- http://roleplaying.freeforums.org/
An admin here- http://norevara.forumotion.com/
And an admin for here- http://ferallife.forumotion.com/

Now the important question: Why do you want to be a moderator for CS?

Chicken Smoothie is a special place- filled with all sorts of people from all over the place. In order for it to run smoothly, help is needed- and I'd love to offer any sort of help I can give to ensure my favorite site stays in good order! CS has brought me many memories, friends, and good times-I'd like to help to keep it that way, whether it be answering questions, deleting posts, mediating, giving warnings, or just being there to chat if someone needs to chat. I may not have been here quite as long as some of the older members (just shy of two years), but I have logged on daily and know just about anything there is to know about the site. I understand the content risk, but that's OK. If I wouldn't want my siblings seeing it, I wouldn't want my fellow CS members to see it.

The green username is one of responsibility- it would be an honor to wear, even though it may mean a lot of work.

Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position (this is not required) (for example do you speak any other languages, or have you had any experience in peer mediation?)

Languages? No...peer mediation? Most certainly yes, on a professional level.

1. I am in college for business management- which includes mediation. I have learned how to be firm, how to be friendly, how to mediate between people in order for things to proceed and other such skills. HR (human resource) plays a huge role in my degree, and mediation plays a huge role in HR. I have done many studies and even written some pieces for school on the subject. So I would be bringing that to the CS table, if so chosen.

2. I am an assistant manager at my job- and it heavily relies on keeping things running like clockwork and mediation. I get to deal with all the employee issues, the customer issues, and the fights. I get cussed at, screamed at...and..yeah. Keeping it cool is the key, as it takes two to make a fight. It can be stressful, yes...but going out of one's way to make someone else smile (or at least satisfied) is good in my books!

Thank you for considering.
Let's Chat! wrote:Trade and pet value
questions? 1×1 RP? Just want to chat?
Feel free to PM me, my inbox is always open!

Image ImageImage ~ Image
DerbyGirl

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Rainbow Dash » Thu Apr 11, 2013 9:47 am

What date did you register as a CS member?: December 27th, 2008

How many posts have you made in the forum (at the time of applying): 8,196

Without posting your age, are you old enough (and willing) to risk seeing adult content when screening posts that are waiting for moderator approval: Yes, I'm of legal age and willing to risk viewing adult content.

How many days a week do you usually visit CS?: 7 days a week.

How many hours per day do you usually spend on CS, on a day that you do visit?: 4 hours at the very least. I can spend 6 hours on weekends.

Have you moderated on any other forums before? If so, please link to them: I moderated on Teripets (currently defunct) several years ago. While not an official mod, I do co-own the My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic club here on CS with the fabulous Twilight Sparkle. While I have not moderated officially on forums since then, I have served as moderator for a large campus event dealing with mediating issues and working with other moderators as a team.

Now the important question: Why do you want to be a moderator for CS?: I want to help clean up CS of spam and off topic posts as well as lending my skills and knowledge of the art market to help the artists and customers of CS be successful and satisfied with the work they sell and receive. I know it's rather cliche to say I want to "give back" to the community but I don't want to give back, I just want to give. I'm more than happy to give my time to help.

Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position (this is not required): I have had some experience on an internship and college campus events working on public relations. I am also proficient in reading Japanese.

Thank you for your consideration!
[: Veterinary professional | Female | Hobbyist artist :]
Image Image Image Image
New Chicken Smoothie Tarot
[: Free-to-Use CS Graphics || Request Free CS Graphics || Every Pet As a Stamp Project :]
Sig art by me || Avatar by Scragster || Busy with work! Might be slow to respond!
Rainbow Dash

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Transkitty » Thu Apr 11, 2013 10:01 am

What date did you register as a CS member?:
Saturday October 23, 2010
How many posts have you made in the forum (at the time of applying):
Without posting your age, are you old enough (and willing) to risk seeing adult content when screening posts that are waiting for moderator approval:
Yes.
8+, including using my phone to lurk.
Have you moderated on any other forums before? If so, please link to them
No, but I was a peer mediator in high school, and I helped out with elementary after school programs.
Many times I've been lurking the site and I've come across posts that simply do not belong on CS. Of course, I report them and move on, but there have been times I wished I could just remove the offending post myself so that no one else had to see it. Being a moderator would mean I could try to prevent these types of posts from ever being made in the first place. I also love helping people, in fact it is why I am going to be taking criminal justice courses in the fall. I just want to try to help the members of CS enjoy a happy, family friendly environment as much as I can.
Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position?:
I have been a peer mediator in high school, as I mentioned above. I have also been considered to be rather patient, especially when dealing with children.

Thank you for your consideration!
Transkitty

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Coco-chan » Thu Apr 11, 2013 10:29 am

What date did you register as a CS member?: (if it's less than 8 months ago, do not apply).

How many posts have you made in the forum (at the time of applying): (if it's less than 300, do not apply). 3744

Without posting your age, are you old enough (and willing) to risk seeing adult content when screening posts that are waiting for moderator approval: (If you don't know what I'm talking about, read the first post again.)
Yes I am old enough, I am willing to see adult content and I would love to help everyone on cs!
Every single day !
Around 7-9 usually at night since I work during the day but ill sit in my office and be lazy and go on cs !
Have you moderated on any other forums before? If so, please link to them.
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1722554

viewtopic.php?f=65&t=1747676 ( I believe this is all of them..I think I am on another but It was a roleplay at ''died')

Now the important question: Why do you want to be a moderator for CS? I have seen cursing on some forms that was never delt with and I regret not reporting it , but if I was a moderator I could deal with it right then and there and know I know it was wrong of myself not to report it .
Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position (this is not required) (for example do you speak any other languages, or have you had any experience in peer mediation?)
I speak/read Japanese and Spanish though its not perfect of course . And I am a manager at a business , I mange the employees pay ,any fights the employes or customer get in and I make sure we have enough of the product we are selling , I practically run the whole business and make sure everything runs smoothly ..thank you for reading this and have a good day -coco-chan!
Last edited by Coco-chan on Tue Apr 16, 2013 5:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
If I keep having things snatched away from me,
I’m going to go insane

Coco-chan

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Eddie Munson » Thu Apr 11, 2013 10:32 am

What date did you register as a CS member?: May 9th 2011

How many posts have you made in the forum (at the time of applying): 2395

Without posting your age, are you old enough (and willing) to risk seeing adult content when screening posts that are waiting for moderator approval: Yes, I am C:

How many days a week do you usually visit CS? 7 days a week.
How many hours per day do you usually spend on CS, on a day that you do visit? It really depends on the day I suppose. It really depends on how much there is to do on CS at the time. I usually flick between tabs all evening. Maybe 4-6 hours total on a slow night.

Have you moderated on any other forums before? If so, please link to them:
Yes, I used to mod the forums on http://www.pokefarm.org. The Forum can be found Here

I was a mod for about a year and a half before I quit in November on pokefarm. I think I have a lot to bring to the position. I have experience, and I have a lot of patience. Modding is nothing new to me, and I would love to get back into it. I love the Chickensmoothie community, and I've been waiting for an opportunity like this to come along. Besides my modding experience, I've worked a bit in customer service before. I can resolve issues without bias, and I am fairly familiar with the site. Modding was one of the greatest experiences of my life. I loved the closeness that developed between the team and myself, and the friends that I made. I would love to have that experience again with chickensmoothie. I would love more than anything right now to help with the community, and be able to work with people as a mod again. Especially in a new environment to further my skills in. I've been waiting for an opportunity like this on CS for a while. I think that I'd be a good mod, and a solid part of the team if I was given the opportunity. I think you really don't lose that instinct to try and work as a mod once you've been one once. I've been browsing through chickensmoothie and noticed rule-breakers... and it takes a lot to try not to mini mod everywhere I see trouble. I really want to help out, and I think I would work hard to help people.

Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position (this is not required) (for example do you speak any other languages, or have you had any experience in peer mediation?):
I worked as a mod for about a year and a half on Pokefarm. our user-base at the time was about 100 000, and there was quite a bit to go through. I have a LOT of patience, and I have the ability to work with a team. I have a good sense of responsibility, and the know how that comes with being a mod. I've worked a little bit in customer service, and I know from previous job experience how to handle people. I've also worked as a Chat-Op in a DeviantART chat fun4fun when it was at full capacity. I know how to deal with trolls and rule-breakers with relative efficiency. I'm also not afraid to ask questions if I get stuck, or ask for help when I need it myself.

-----------

Thank you for the opportunity, and taking the time to read my application!

It's finally my year, '86 baby.
Eddie Munson

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby moon gem » Thu Apr 11, 2013 10:33 am

1.What date did you register as a CS member?:July 21 2012
2.How many posts have you made in the forum (at the time of applying):23346
3.Without posting your age, are you old enough (and willing) to risk seeing adult content when screening posts that are waiting for moderator approval:Yes, I am fine with this.
4.How many days a week do you usually visit CS?:I visit chickensmoothie every day
5.How many hours per day do you usually spend on CS, on a day that you do visit?:I am on for at least two hours but when I am off of work or on the weekends I am on anywhere from 3-5 ish hours. I am also on and off scattered throughout the day but primaraly am on at night.
6.Have you moderated on any other forums before? If so, please link to them:Yes, I am an admin on Frazzledchickens ( http://frazzledchickens.freeforums.org/index.php )
7.Now the important question: Why do you want to be a moderator for CS?: I want to me a moderator for CS for many reasons. One of those reasons is I am on chickensmoothie frequently and have a lot of experence with how the site works. I am on all the time and spend most of the time I am on the computer on chickensmoothie. I have experence with modding and would love to be able to help out on chickensmoothie.
8.Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position (this is not required) (for example do you speak any other languages, or have you had any experience in peer mediation?):I speak French(it is my first language), Spanish, German, and a little bit of Polish(I know enough to be able to figure out what someone is saying)

she/her • i love stars & ur flowers
lesbian • feel free to message me just to chat!
moon gem

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby *JACKAL* » Thu Apr 11, 2013 10:46 am

What date did you register as a CS member?: 15 June 2011

How many posts have you made in the forum (at the time of applying): 2364

Without posting your age, are you old enough (and willing) to risk seeing adult content when screening posts that are waiting for moderator approval: I'm an adult and yes I can view adult content.

How many days a week do you usually visit CS? Every day.

How many hours per day do you usually spend on CS, on a day that you do visit? On all day at the moment.

Have you moderated on any other forums before? I've only mini modded.

Now the important question: Why do you want to be a moderator for CS? I'm always willing to help CS and it's members and staff. I still see and correct things in the forums that need correcting and/or reporting. I've put in lots of reports and given links to people in there posts to guide them to the right forum. Also made lots of suggestions, so I have quite a lots of ideas to make the site even more enjoyable for everyone.
I've loved this site since I've joined it and want to get more involved with the running of it. I enjoy helping out anyone who asks for it, and like to get busy on Topics such as the re-release one, telling people what pet they had.

Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position (this is not required) (for example do you speak any other languages, or have you had any experience in peer mediation?) Just the CS stuff less RPing, and I have plenty of life experience. Also in my last job I was always responsible for one thing or another.
Last edited by *JACKAL* on Thu Apr 11, 2013 11:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

█ ▌
█ ▌
█ ▌
█ ▌
█ ▌
█ ▌
█ ▌
█ ▌
█ ▌
█ ▌
█ ▌
█ ▌