Hiring moderators - NOW CLOSED.

Announcements about events or changes to the website and forum

Re: Hiring forum moderators: Apply Within.

Postby Ricorn » Fri Jun 05, 2009 8:34 am

OPTIONAL QUESTIONS: (you don't have to answer this section!)
What country are you from?: USA
Around what age are you? 19+ (23)

COMPULSORY QUESTIONS
How long have you been a member on CS?: November 21 is when I joined and have been active
How often can you come on the CS forums?: Every day.
How much time do you usually spend on CS in an average day or week?: At least 5 hours a day, roughly 40 hours a week total.
Have you ever been a moderator on any other sites, if so please link to them: no, but I learn quickly and don't mind abuse.
Why do you want to be a moderator here?: I want to help out and keep the rules enforced. Take some of the load off the mods.
Any other comments?: I don't go on other sites so most, if not all, my time on the computer is based right here on Chicken Smoothie. I have a logical way of thinking and I do try to understand both sides of a problem before making a design. I try to make things fair when dealing with things. Plus, I'm in customer service and have experience dealing with tough situations.
Last edited by Ricorn on Mon Jun 08, 2009 3:10 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Image Image Image Image
Clowns to the left of me.
Jokers to the right.
Here I am, stuck in the middle with you.
Image Image Image Image

Tumblr || Flight Rising
Ricorn

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Prinxee » Fri Jun 05, 2009 8:38 am

What country are you from?: USA, Wisconsin
Around what age are you?: Sixteen
How long have you been a member on CS?: Since December 24th 2008, I believe.
How often can you come on the CS forums?: Every day.
How much time do you usually spend on CS in an average day or week?: Uh. Do I really have to answer this question, lol. I'm generally on 8+ hours due to being e-home schooled, and then just lazing around afterwards.
Have you ever been a moderator on any other sites, if so please link to them: No I have not.
Why do you want to be a moderator here?: I would like to be a mod because I love this site. It's the only adoptable site I have stayed on for so long because I love the people here, and the adoptables are amazing. I think it would be great to help out the site by cleaning up after noobs who spam or don't read the rules. I don't really have a good way to explain it. Basically I just want to help out the site.
Any other comments?: I think some good people to think about are Cervas, BlackVulpix, rosepose, and gLove [if she applies] because they are really awesome people and totally deserve it. =)
Last edited by Prinxee on Fri Jun 05, 2009 12:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Prinxee

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Defying Gravity » Fri Jun 05, 2009 8:41 am

About what age are you?: 15 -18 category (16 to be exact)

What country do you live in?: the United States

How long have you been a member on CS?: I've been a member since the beginning of December and have spent almost everyday on since.

How often can you come on the CS forums?: I'm usually on the computer 4 or 5 hours (normally at least logged in and checking frequently on Chickensmoothie). Recently (since it's the week before exams I've been on a little less but I've still stayed current)

How much time do you usually spend on CS in an average day or week?: Per day I would say around 4 or 5 hours. Per week I would say about 30 hours or so. Normally a lot more on the weekends but still frequently throughout the week.

Have you ever been a moderator on any other sites, if so please link to them: I was a moderator on WebkinzClassifieds for a period of time. I'm still liked over there, but I left to become a more active member on Chickensmoothie where I wasn't required to buy plush toys and other products to enjoy the site like I do Chickensmoothie. I've tried finding a link but it says that it link appears to be broken.

Why do you want to be a moderator here?: I would like to be a moderator here because I enjoy all this wonderful site has to offer. Due to relaxed atmosphere and friendly staff & members, Chickensmoothie is a very enjoyable one. I've known what it's like to switch from the member who gets to enjoy all the benefits to someone who may have to encounter problems and settle them fairly. I know that other members might have been more active in some categories but I do love Chickensmoothie and spend most of my time in the Chickensmoothie section of the forums so I'm quite familar with most of the way Chickensmoothie runs.

Any other comments?: Thanks for taking the time to read this, and I hope you consider me for a possible position.
Briar Rose is my girlfriend. Woot!
Defying Gravity

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby MusicEmily » Fri Jun 05, 2009 8:57 am

What country are you from?: America
Around what age are you?: 14 or under

COMPULSORY QUESTIONS
How long have you been a member on CS?:
I've been a member since September, 2008.
How often can you come on the CS forums?:
As long as I have acess to a computer, I can go online at any time (If i'm not grounded xp)
How much time do you usually spend on CS in an average day or week?:
Too much! :lol:
Now for the serious answer: I go online probably somewhere between 1-3 hours a day, which adds up to 7-21 hours a week.
Have you ever been a moderator on any other sites, if so please link to them:
No, I have not.
Why do you want to be a moderator here?:
So I can help keep Chicken Smoothie running smoothly, and to help out with any misconduct if I am needed. I think chicken smoothie is a wonderful way to get to know new people, and have fun doing it. There are children younger then myself that go online, and I would like to help them navigate the site, and to help other "newbies" learn how to use it and respect the rules as well. :)
Any other comments?:
I admit, I have gotten a board warning before from a previous thread. It was using another site to create "glittery" images of CS pets, which is editing them. It was also a health hazard due to flashy graphics that were placed on the images. I apologise for this mistake of mine, But I assure you, It will never happen again; or anything like it. I didn't realize the full extent of the possible consequences to my actions, But I promise, I have "seen the light" :)
It would be an extreme honer to be a moderator here, But I understand my age and schedual(School) could be a complication as well, so If you feel it's too big a complication, I can understand.
MusicEmily

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Leurai » Fri Jun 05, 2009 9:02 am

What country are you from?: United States
Around what age are you? 19+

How long have you been a member on CS?: Since November 10th, 2008, so almost 7 months.
How often can you come on the CS forums?: Pretty much every waking hour. Literally.
How much time do you usually spend on CS in an average day or week?: Average day - over 8 hours. :?
Have you ever been a moderator on any other sites, if so please link to them: Unfortunately, no.
Why do you want to be a moderator here?: Since I've become a member here, I've been reporting posts I see breaking the rules, and it brings a great deal of satisfaction to see the moderators enforce those rules. I would love nothing more than to be a part of the team keeping this site, that's grown to be very important to me, organized and running as smoothly as physically possible. I would love a chance to do more than simply report rule-breakers and then stand idly by - I want to explain to users what rules they've broken, where to look to find answers they need, and move or lock topics that don't belong. As much free time as I have, I would like to spend it being a more helpful member of this community. ^_^
Any other comments?: I'm strong-willed, and I'm not afraid to deal with difficult users. I'm usually decently eloquent, and capable of wording what I mean in an easy-to-understand manner.
Leurai

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Aluenda » Fri Jun 05, 2009 9:03 am

How long have you been a member on CS?: I have been adopting from CS since August, but was not offically a member until November. Don't ask me why not, I really regret not joining sooner. I love this site ;D
How often can you come on the CS forums?: I can come on a lot ;D I usually can get on 1-4 hours per day, and spend a fair amount of time of CS. It really depends if I have pms or posts to check :)
How much time do you usually spend on CS in an average day or week?: I spend anyway from 20 minutes to an hour on chicken smoothie per day when I get on :)
Have you ever been a moderator on any other sites, if so please link to them: I have modded for small role plays and sites, both forums and chatzies, but I do not have all the links or the sites have been deleted. For adoptable sites and forums, I have modded for freyna.webs.com but the site was deleted a while back. I also mod acthyn.darkbb.com, but the site is failing due to nearly no activity. Trust me though, I have experience ;D
Why do you want to be a moderator here?: I like to be able to help people and keep things in order. There really are not enough mods on most the sites I play on, and it makes me mad that so many slip past the law. I would love to mod CS because this community is so friendly. And when problems do occur, I can handle it. I think mods get a better chance at meeting people on CS, and that really sounds fun :)
Any other comments?: I have my own site, Capria, I lost the link though o.o I also plan to mod for that :)
I love CS and I have waited a very long time for an opportunity like this to come by.
I'm also a great speller, and who doesn't love that ;D

Also, I'm very ashamed for this but I did get 1 warning :o
I had been confused about the no clicking thread rule in Other Adoptables.
All the other sites that I did have were just click-to-grow, so I posted them all.
I didn't know that the mere posting of click-to-grows was against the rules, I thought it was breaking the rules if you asked others to.
I really apologize for that, and hopefully won't ruin my chances of modding :D
Image Image
Click to view my fursona, Ayrin.
Aluenda

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby leobreaker12 » Fri Jun 05, 2009 9:19 am

OPTIONAL QUESTIONS:
What country are you from?: The UK (GMT I think)
Around what age are you? 14 I will be 15 in 30 something days.

COMPULSORY QUESTIONS
How long have you been a member on CS?:Since late December I think. Hmm might have to check this one.
How often can you come on the CS forums?: Everyday when I get home from school for about 6 hours a day. :shock:
How much time do you usually spend on CS in an average day or week?: Weekdays about 6 hours a day. Weekends about 12 hours each day. So around 40-50 hours a week.
Have you ever been a moderator on any other sites, if so please link to them: None sorry to say.
Why do you want to be a moderator here?: Because I would love to be able to help other people and for them to know I am a person they can come to for help. I feel like CS is my home online and it would make me feel amazing to know I can prove it by being a moderator. I would love to find new ways to attract people to the site and help to make the site improve (Hmm not much it can do to improve in actual fact). I would love to help in any way I can. Even if I am not chosen then I will still carry on helping, trying to improve the website and get more people (I promise to try not to get to many. The server might go BOOM!). I am also willing to enforce the rules but only once I know the full story or if it is definate that the person being blamed for something was the one ho did it. I also would love to be able to point people in the right direction (Which I can do anyway but they would most likely trust a mod more to send them the right way)
Any other comments?: I spend more time watching and reading then I do posting. It lets me know what people think and helps me understand what people want on this website. Oh and I apologise if any of my spelling is bad. :D Thanks for reading. Just need to add no forum warnings that I know of.

This is a very long post.

If you ask me politly then I will join almost any RP, Just pm me!!
Click me?
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
leobreaker12

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby AngelInWaiting » Fri Jun 05, 2009 9:40 am

What country are you from?: USA,California
Around what age are you? 14

COMPULSORY QUESTIONS

How long have you been a member on CS?: Since early October 2008
How often can you come on the CS forums?: During school, I can come on usually every day. During summer vacation, I can come on even more, except when I go on a trip (though I'm only going on one 3 day trip this summer, and I'll probably still have computer access)
How much time do you usually spend on CS in an average day or week?: Around 3 or 4 hours a day, sometimes more (Yeah, you could call me obsessed...)
I have been a moderator on one other site, which was around two years ago. It was a Warriors RP site, and I can't link to it because it doesn't exist anymore (we didn't get many members, and it eventually lost activity.)
I have applied to be moderator on different sites, like Arvyre, though I haven't been picked.
Wow, how do I put it into words? I honestly never thought my dream of being able to apply to be a moderator here would come true, but here I am, typing this up. I found CS from someone's signature on Waja's, and I came to check it out. I was immediately hooked, trying to understand what the sight was about and complete my collections. I really enjoyed being a member ( I still do ) as I worked hard to collect the pets and to fully understand the site. It didn't take me too long, and I finally decided what I really wanted to do: help new people or people that just need help on CS. I didn't even know there were staff benefits when I first realized I wanted to become a mod. I waited patiently for an opening, for Tess to one day ask for more mods. Until then, I had decided I would try to help others around the site, to just be a friendly member, someone people could talk to easily.
I consider myself a responsible, patient, and caring person. I know when I need to be a little more understanding and I know when I need to lay down the law. I may only be 14 years old, but I truly think of myself wise beyond my years. I always want to be of some help to the sites I participate on, and since I'm not allowed to donate yet and I'm still practicing my computer art, I find a suitable way, and a way I find I would enjoy, to help is to prove that I can become a trustworthy mod. I don't want to get this job for bragging right, for benefits, or any of what people call 'the good stuff'. I think the real 'good stuff' is being able to help others and make sure the rules are followed, to make sure this site can grow to its full potential without the occasional rude person ruining it for the people who truly love this site. I say this from the bottom of my heart, because I am one of those people that deeply care for CS.

Any other comments?: I really do hope you will consider me as a choice for one of your future mods. If I'm not picked, I really won't take it personally. If there are better choices than me, I will accept that. All I want is for this site to continue on without any trouble. :]

Thank you for this opportunity.
Last edited by AngelInWaiting on Sat Jun 06, 2009 9:19 am, edited 3 times in total.
My Wishlist:
http://www.chickensmoothie.com/archive/wishlist/4239
Some clicks, please? :3
AngelInWaiting

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Sassette » Fri Jun 05, 2009 9:47 am

If I am selected, I have a surprize for you guys! You will love it, trust me!

How long have you been a member on CS?:Since March, but you can look at my profile for the excact day.
How often can you come on the CS forums?:During the summer, 6 hrs a day but doubles when my sister is grounded and school days 5 hrs or so, depends on my homework!
How much time do you usually spend on CS in an average day or week?: In a day, 5-12 hrs, week multiply by seven please!
Have you ever been a moderator on any other sites, if so please link to them: I am not a moderator anywhere, but I am the co-admin of RunicMystery! I also have something else about that, but I am not supposed to tell people about it.
Why do you want to be a moderator here?:To help you peoples! I am amazing at helping people!
Any other comments?: No
I am Sassette. If you call me Sassy, then I will NOT be happy. Grandpa Smurf calls me Sassy and I don't like it. My CSW (Chicken Smoothie World) job is farmer/merchant.

My Smoogle!

Pet's name: Fluffy
Owner's name: Sassette

Click HERE for a cool job!

Click here for a video about ME, Sassette, and how I came to Smurf Village!
Sassette

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Icesky » Fri Jun 05, 2009 10:06 am

What country are you from?: (this is just for timezone reference)
EST United States
Around what age are you? (14 or under, 15 - 18, or 19+)
14 or Under. But, I hope this shouldn't affect anything.

COMPULSORY QUESTIONS
How long have you been a member on CS?:
Around Late July/Early August
How often can you come on the CS forums?:
From about 3 PM EST to 9 PM EST. Mostly any time in between. Accept every other weekened I am able to get hours at a time. But, sometimes I stretch the time to 11 PM EST. (Although I should stop staying up till' 11 online when I should be writing my English Essay. ;3)
How much time do you usually spend on CS in an average day or week?:
Day, I would say 1 and a half hours to two hours. Sometimes four hours, but it can always be different.
On one Roleplay website, but it was deleted not long after I left. Other than that, no. I don't go on many other websites.
Well, I when I started on this site I never thought about the community, mostly the adorable pets. So, late August I decided to speak on the forums. Well, I realized the community was great. Everyone is so friendly. Sure, some people bite sometimes, but thats life. I'm certainly not perfect, and do get on a bad side. But, then I started thinking about the Moderators jobs. I had wished for a long time since about September/October that I could help out. No, I'm not a good artist. And no, I'm not good at coding. But, one way of helping I could handle, is helping to enforce rules. I know it isn't simple, and involves patience, aswell as being strict, even to friends. But, I am kinda like that in real life, if I do say so myself. Also, I also love helping newbies, as annoying as they may be at times.
Any other comments?:
All the mods currently are doing a great job! (And Admins. Of course.) ;3
x
x

x
"𝚠𝚎 πš‹πš•πš˜πš˜πš– πšžπš—πšπš’πš• 𝚠𝚎 πšŠπšŒπš‘πšŽ"

α΄€Κ€α΄› ꜱʜᴏᴘ
☾ ⋆ ☾ ⋆ ☾
ᴛʀᴀᴅᴇ α΄›ΚœΚ€α΄‡α΄€α΄…
☽ ⋆ ☽ ⋆ ☽

manga panel from witch hate atelier
Icesky