Global Moderators - Now chosen.

Announcements about events or changes to the website and forum

Re: Global Moderators - Now Hiring! READ BEFORE POSTING

Postby Coleslaw » Thu Mar 10, 2011 6:53 am

Just throwing it out there. Not sure I even want to apply since it feels like an overwheling job that in my situation I wouldn't be able to handle...but what if you're a shared account? It'd probably be best if you didn't hire them, since two people are running the account, and you're not sure that the other will abuse the magical tools of the moderator. But I'd just like your opinion/answser~

Thanks in advanced!

~Sorrel
Coleslaw

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Pura » Thu Mar 10, 2011 6:55 am

What date did you register as a CS member?: November 20, 2008
How many posts have you made in the forum (at the time of applying): 986, at time of posting.
Without posting your age, are you old enough (and willing) to risk seeing adult content when screening posts that are waiting for moderator approval: Yes, I'm old enough. I've had experience far and wide around the internet, and have seen quite a bit. I'm hard to shock or disturb.
How many days a week do you usually visit CS? I'm on pretty much every day, barring the rare internet outages or issues.
How many hours per day do you usually spend on CS, on a day that you do visit? That's hard to say. CS is always on for me on a separate window. I check it quite a bit throughout the day (and night).
Have you moderated on any other forums before? If so, please link to them I have not.
Now the important question: Why do you want to be a moderator for CS? I'd certainly like to be a bigger help on the forums. I often catch a lot of spam, bullying, or things that don't belong where they are, and have no real ability to change them. That being said, I certainly can handle power well; I'm not gonna go on a egotrip and start attacking everyone that looks at me funny. As a mod, I'd just be a member with the ability to fix things and help.
Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position (this is not required) (for example do you speak any other languages, or have you had any experience in peer mediation?) I have had experience in mediation; aside from settling fights, I've even taken a college course that highlighted that in detail. I do not speak any languages (aside from English, obviously), barring three years of German, which was not nearly enough to get a grasp on the language. I am slow to anger, and have never allowed any verbal altercation escalate into vicious language. I've never had to throw a punch outside of martial arts training. I also tend to not pick favorites; I'm entirely unbiased towards others' religion, race, political standing, and what-have-you.
Last edited by Pura on Thu Mar 10, 2011 11:35 am, edited 2 times in total.

lemon lime spine
Pura

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby average » Thu Mar 10, 2011 7:00 am

What date did you register as a CS member?:
January 12, 2009
How many posts have you made in the forum:
Without posting your age, are you old enough (and willing) to risk seeing adult content when screening posts that are waiting for moderator approval:
Yes. My birthday is on Friday, which is the day that I will be 'old enough'. Is this still okay?
How many days a week do you usually visit CS?
Usually 7 days a week.
How many hours per day do you usually spend on CS, on a day that you do visit?
Around 8, excluding Sunday, which I am usual on for 3-5 hours.
Have you moderated on any other forums before?
I have modded on a few RP websites, but they died.
Here is one that is still up: click
Why do you want to be a moderator for CS?
It's been my dream every since I first joined. I feel that I can do the job well, and I enjoy answering questions and keeping the forum clean. I feel that I don't have a bad temper and I'm pretty easy going and patient, so I deal with the problems that come my way, and I won't abuse any powers of being a mod. Because I am constantly on CS, I have time to answer PM's and such. I've been on here for a bit over 2 years now, so I feel I know my way around CS.
Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position?
Yes, I am fluent in Russian, and understand Ukrainian. :3

EDIT: Caught a spelling mistake. C:
Last edited by average on Fri Mar 11, 2011 12:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.
average

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Vampiric » Thu Mar 10, 2011 7:28 am

~Wave~Nijeu~ wrote:i have a goestion if your 17 and theres a week to you'll 18 can you still apply?

Well the fact that you had a COPPA de-activation not that long ago makes me highly doubtful you are talking about yourself. If you mean others, they can try, I don't know how much it's going to make a difference though in how Tess selects her mods.
@ @ @ @ @
Vampiric
Official Artist

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Clowesia » Thu Mar 10, 2011 7:50 am

Pulled.

Last edited by Clowesia on Fri Mar 11, 2011 10:38 am, edited 2 times in total.

You are my Senpai
    My only Senpai
    You give me dokis
    When seas are grey
    You'll never notice me
    But I still love you
    You're sugoi, kawaii desu ne~♥
Clowesia

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Spotty » Thu Mar 10, 2011 7:53 am

APPLICATON

1. What date did you register as a CS member?:
30 Nov 2008.

2. How many posts have you made in the forum (at the time of applying):

3. Without posting your age, are you old enough (and willing) to risk seeing adult content when screening posts that are waiting for moderator approval:
Yes, I'm well above 18 years of age and I'm not offended by adult content.

4. How many days a week do you usually visit CS?
Seven, every day of the week.

5. How many hours per day do you usually spend on CS, on a day that you do visit?
On weekdays I'm usually online for most of the afternoon and the entire evning, which means about 5 hours in general.Weekends it varies, mostly I'm online pretty much the entire day (perhaps 10 hours or so), otherwise about as much as on a weekday.

6. Have you moderated on any other forums before? If so, please link to them
No, I'm afraid I have not, but I would love to gain that experience now. I'm a fast learner.

7. Now the important question: Why do you want to be a moderator for CS?
For the last two+ years I've been on CS it's been a really important part of my everyday life, I spend a lot of time here and I know my way around. I would like to give something back to CS for being there for me and help out in any way I can. I'd love to get the chance to help solving conflicts and to deal with art thieves and rule breakers, and I feel a responsibility to protect younger users from potentially harmful material.
I also feel that I will need a new goal with CS after having completed my old ones, and helping others to enjoy this site as much as I do would feel very rewarding for me. I think that being a mod would be a meaningful experiance and help me grow as a person.

8. Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position (this is not required) (for example do you speak any other languages, or have you had any experience in peer mediation?)
I'm on a university education with a technological/biomolecular orientation and from that I have learnt to handle large amounts of stress and unrealistic expectations.
I have a keen sence for details, which has served me well so far. It's also useful when browsing for stolen art.
My native language is Swedish, but I also know English well enough^^'.
Last edited by Spotty on Sat Mar 12, 2011 11:20 am, edited 4 times in total.
Spotty

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby blondbananamix » Thu Mar 10, 2011 8:05 am

APPLICATON
What date did you register as a CS member?:
November 14th, 2008
How many posts have you made in the forum: 1,350
Without posting your age, are you old enough (and willing) to risk seeing adult content when screening posts that are waiting for moderator approval: I am comfortable with adult content and willing to deal with this content on posts waiting for approval.
How many days a week do you usually visit CS? Every day, it's my second homepage
How many hours per day do you usually spend on CS, on a day that you do visit? Anything from two/three hours to all day, Sunday is usually when I'm on for ages.
Have you moderated on any other forums before? My own new website, which I created myself and hired coder to help with some of the php work. Other than that I created all of the forums and I am the only moderator there. I know how to lock, edit, sticky e.t.c. posts and topics.
Now the important question: Why do you want to be a moderator for CS? I have been a member of CS for ages now, and I've seen it grow and develop so much. It would be great to be closer to the community by moderating the forums and it would certainly help me stick to this website for years to come. I hope that my skills can welcome new members and be as helpful as possible to all staff and everyone here on CS. I realise the forums are now much larger, busier and need a lot more moderating, and I hope to help out as much as I can, since I am on-line every day of the week for at least two hours or more. Once set on a goal I achieve it (setting up my own website was one of them) and I work well under pressure, I'm a hardy person so I won't take offence to players easily. I have a younger sister and brother, so i know how to talk to and deal with younger people, and I make friends easily ^.^
I feel this opportunity cannot be missed, and it would mean a lot to me to become a closer part to this brilliant community.

Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position:
I am taking Art and Design at A-level, so I'm creative, if you need any more creativity ^.^. I also took business studies at GCSE and A-level (currently taking) so I know how to be professional at what I do, and not just mess around or something. I have been interviewed, done formal presentations to teachers e.t.c. I'm hard working, like challenges, friendly and work well with people.
I have successfully reported CS art theft in the past, so I know what I'm looking for (also being a victim myself).
I know a little German, and I love the language, I have a German band on my Ipod at the moment. I discovered them yesterday, they are called Silbermond (Silver-moon in English).
Thank you for taking the time to read my application, and I hope you find the right person to 'promote' to a Global Moderator. Just so you know I won't be here 22nd March till the 27th March due to a trip to France, but I will be back on-line on the 28th onwards.
blondbananamix

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Fizzlebee » Thu Mar 10, 2011 8:17 am

Question:
Does the 18 and older rule apply to other CS positions, or is it specific to certain jobs? I guess basically, what I want to know is, to be a General Helper, do you have to be at least 18? Is there any CS job without an age requirement of 18? I understand that only the position of Global Moderator is currently open, but I was wondering for future references.
Thanks
~Eve<3
Image Image Image
Image Image
Fizzlebee

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Nick » Thu Mar 10, 2011 8:36 am

Evelover wrote:Question:
Does the 18 and older rule apply to other CS positions, or is it specific to certain jobs?

It's basically just this one, because of the approval queue.
Nick
Admin

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Eucliwood » Thu Mar 10, 2011 8:37 am

What date did you register as a CS member?: This account is not my first account (The other one was deleted upon my request). My old account dates back to late January 2009.
How many posts have you made in the forum (at the time of applying): 2983, I had around 2k on my previous account as well so that makes about 4000.
Without posting your age, are you old enough (and willing) to risk seeing adult content when screening posts that are waiting for moderator approval: Yes, I have no problems watching mature content.
How many days a week do you usually visit CS?: Usually every day, though I mostly check my posts briefly if there is nothing else that needs to be done.
How many hours per day do you usually spend on CS, on a day that you do visit?: As I said above, if there is nothing urgent I will most likely sit around for about an hour watching the forums, but I have been on the site for over 8 hours a day several times this month.
Have you moderated on any other forums before? If so, please link to them: I have not had the title of moderator or administrator on another board before, but I have helped out with my school's Fronter home database (moving misplaced objects, assigning people into groups, etc.) and I will also help out with a website (overall "dirty work") as part of a charity project along with two friends of mine,
Now the important question: Why do you want to be a moderator for CS? My main reason for becoming a moderator for CS would be to assist in having a good community, as well as having a safe and fun website for our younger members. I want to be a moderator so that parents and siblings can be safe when they let their kids or brother/sister be a part of our community. I have experienced the feeling of being unsure of what exactly I'm letting my younger cousins be a part of myself, only to be surprised by a good environment. A big issue about the Internet today is that you have no guarantee that you will be protected against cyber-bullies, harassment and the likes. That's why I wish to be a part of a bigger entity which would allow me to somewhat decrease the chances of this happening.

I am sure I'm not the only one that has witnessed some kind of 'drama' on CS, be it minor or major, and I strongly believe that with the right measures our community could improve to an even greater standard. This can be achieved through a no tolerance policy when it comes to violation of the rules. This being said, for a good environment we will need the help of everyone. That's just my two cents.
Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position (this is not required) (for example do you speak any other languages, or have you had any experience in peer mediation?): I can speak Swedish, Norwegian and Danish, I am fluent in Norwegian and Swedish and I can also read and understand German, however I can only speak a little. I am not afraid of speaking up and I am good at making compromises.
Eucliwood

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me