Roleplay Moderators - CLOSED - now chosen

Announcements about events or changes to the website and forum

Re: Roleplay Moderators - Now hiring! READ BEFORE POSTING

Postby Maddyoll » Wed Apr 06, 2011 10:21 am

1.What date did you register as a CS member?:Tue May 25, 2010 8:28 pm
2.How many posts have you made in the forum (at the time of applying): 1163 (This will be 1164)
3.Without posting your actual age, are you old enough to apply for this position?: Yes. (Although at times it's hard to believe :lol:)
4.How many days a week do you usually visit CS? Every day if I'm not on Vacation.
5.How many hours per day do you usually spend on CS, on a day that you do visit? 3 or more wheather on my cell phone or my laptop.
6.Have you moderated on any other forums before? If so, please link to them No, I have made websites before though.7.Have you participated in many roleplays outside of CS before? Yes, http://www.neopets.com/ , http://furry-paws.com/ , http://sketchfu.com/, and digital games online such as Wizard101 and Wolf Quest.
8.Have you participated in many roleplays on CS before? Yes.
9.Why do you want to be a roleplay moderator for CS? Because I really enjoy roleplaying and I want to prevent anything that may not be suitable to younger users. I don't want them to see that sort of explicit things.
10.Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position (this is not required) Oh yes, At one point on an old website (I forgot which it was) I was vigorously rping with other members. (More like mini-modding) and I was really good friend with the mods on there. All of a sudden a bunch of people started posting, and it was so many that it was hard to tell spam from auctual rp posts. I have also delt with VERY explicit things.. I know how to decode chatspeak exceptionally well also.
Thank you so much for taking your time to read all this! :)
I've been on hiatus for a year or two, mostly inactive now.
Do not ask for my pets/characters. Thanks.

will occasionally
post in search of
fresh ideas/art
characterssoulcharacter trades
Maddyoll

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Lady » Wed Apr 06, 2011 10:47 am

Pink Joker wrote:I'm only a few days away from being on chicken smoothie for exactly 6 months, so I was wondering if I'm still allowed to enter.

Since you're a few weeks away, rather than a few days, I'm fairly sure that we'll already have this closed and have the moderators picked out, so no.

Forest654g wrote:Could you PLEASE put the rules at THE TOP! Before the part where it says "read everything" cuz i never roleplay here and i wanted to apply so i read it all and then read the rules and it turns out i read it all for no reason! I suggest that to be first for some people will be disapointed if they read and are feeling the way i am- wasted time annoyed.

Why would you want to be a RP mod if you don't even RP over here? Sorry that you're annoyed about it, but it's not our fault we made you read something. At least you read all of it and found out that you shouldn't apply, rather than fill out the form and be denied then.
ImageImageImageImage
Lady

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Mirandamay » Wed Apr 06, 2011 10:53 am

Are we allowed to go back and edit our applications because I noticed a few spelling errors that I would like to correct :)
Call me May
Letting your heart guide you like a lantern in the dark
Character'slW.o.IlDeviantArt
Mirandamay

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Kagi » Wed Apr 06, 2011 10:57 am

What date did you register as a CS member?:

December 1st, 2009.

How many posts have you made in the forum (at the time of applying):

5,961. (Whew... I'm a bit addicted, I admit.)

Without posting your actual age, are you old enough to apply for this position?:

Why yes, I am. ^^

How many days a week do you usually visit CS?

Every day, actually. Even if I only have a chance to be on the computer for a half hour or so, Chickensmoothie is one of the tabs that I immediately pull up to check on.

How many hours per day do you usually spend on CS, on a day that you do visit?

To be perfectly honest, my average would have to be 4-6 hours. On days that I am busy, I try to get on Chickensmoothie for at least a half hour or so to keep up with threads that I post on, or look for new roleplays to participate in.

Have you moderated on any other forums before? If so, please link to them.

None worth mentioning, I'm afraid, all sites that I've ever had a higher position on are currently dead/unused.

Have you participated in many roleplays outside of CS before? If there's any places in particular, please link to them.

I have looked, but I do not currently. Since I started roleplaying on Chickensmoothie, I felt a sense of security roleplaying only here.

Have you participated in many roleplays on CS before?

Yes, very many actually (I've been roleplaying for almost as long as I've been on Chickensmoothie). I do not restrict myself to only animal or human roleplays, as I will gladly do both. I enjoy expressing myself through writing with other people. I love to see the creativity that the many people on the forums have. I thoroughly enjoy roleplaying many different personalities and types of animals/people. Though I did not know of roleplaying until I began to venture into the roleplay boards of Chickensmoothie, I found it rather addicting and exciting. You never know what kind of people you'll be roleplaying with and I feel it's a different adventure each time. I also do one-on-one roleplays or invite only roleplays because I like to roleplay at least at a semi-literate level, if not literate. To be honest, roleplaying is one of my favorite things to do on the forum, just because I like to write so much. I have also created a few roleplays and I am a member of the Semi-Literate+ RPers Club. Although, I must admit I have not roleplayed openly with groups a whole bunch lately, because I am a bit of a grammar/post-length snob. Ahah. ^^;

Why do you want to be a roleplay moderator for CS?

I cannot say that I have or ever had any dreams of being a moderator, because I do not want to own a website or anything when I am getting a job when I'm older, but I do want to help Chickensmoothie. I am an avid reader, of mostly fantasy, I admit, but I really do enjoy reading others' writings. It's like an exploration into someone's mind (I enjoy psychology. xD) and talent. There are so many amazing writers on Chickensmoothie and I would love an excuse to just flop down on the couch and read through the roleplays of Chickensmoothie. I feel like being a moderator would be a wonderful experience. I communicate a lot better online than I do in real life and I feel I have some very nice communicating skills. I feel that I have some ideas of how to improve the roleplay boards (since I have experiences wishing there was -insert new feature for roleplay board here-.) I love helping others out and have a massive amount of patience with others. I would be happy to correct any problems and look for anything inappropriate on the boards to help others out. I also think it'd be a great way to meet some new friends here on Chickensmoothie and I feel that I'm a rather approachable person myself. I have a good sense of humor and am pretty casual, but I can be serious and firm when necessary, though I would never consider being mean or losing my temper. I realize that not everyone (especially new members) know the strict rules so I feel I can warn with a gentle hand. So hey, I feel I could do my part and help out Chickensmoothie as well as enjoy my job as a roleplay moderator. Now that I know I have the chance to be a moderator on Chickensmoothie, it sounds more and more exciting the more I think about it. ^^

Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position?

Well, I can't say that I speak a bunch of different languages or own any websites or anything, the most I have to offer is my personality and dedication. I'm a calm, patient and understanding person, who isn't afraid to have a lovely conversation with anyone who PMs me with any questions. To be quite honest, nothing really phases me, I can handle any violent or mature content and edit it quite quickly if necessary. I know I may not be that well known on Chickensmoothie or have any amazing art skills or anything, but I do believe I'm quite qualified for the job.

Thanks very much for the opportunity. ^^
Last edited by Kagi on Wed Apr 06, 2011 11:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Hey everyone! I'm not really active on Chickensmoothie anymore. If you ever want/need to contact me I'm on Deviantart as KeyDemon or Flightrising as Clovers.
Thanks. :') I still miss this site sometimes!
Kagi

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Nick » Wed Apr 06, 2011 10:58 am

Mirandamay wrote:Are we allowed to go back and edit our applications because I noticed a few spelling errors that I would like to correct :)

Yup, go wild.
Nick
Admin

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

WIP-

Postby dearly beloved » Wed Apr 06, 2011 10:59 am

What date did you register as a CS member?: July 21,
How many posts have you made in the forum (at the time of applying): (if it's less than 300, do not apply)
Without posting your actual age, are you old enough to apply for this position?: (Do NOT apply if you are 15 or younger, no excuses.)
How many days a week do you usually visit CS?
How many hours per day do you usually spend on CS, on a day that you do visit? About 2-3
Have you moderated on any other forums before? If so, please link to them
Have you participated in many roleplays outside of CS before? If there's any places in particular, please link to them.
Have you participated in many roleplays on CS before?
Why do you want to be a roleplay moderator for CS?
Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position (this is not required) (for example have you run your own roleplay website before, or have you had any experience in peer mediation?)

lol im old   now i dont know how this website works and my interests have changed but hey
dearly beloved

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby moon gem » Wed Apr 06, 2011 11:10 am

APPLICATON

1.What date did you register as a CS member?: (if it's less than 6 months ago, do not apply)Wed Jul 21, 2010 10:28 am

2.How many posts have you made in the forum (at the time of applying): (if it's less than 300, do not apply)1975

3.Without posting your actual age, are you old enough to apply for this position?: (Do NOT apply if you are 15 or younger, no excuses.)Yes

4.How many days a week do you usually visit CS?Every day unless i go away or get sick

5.How many hours per day do you usually spend on CS, on a day that you do visit?maby 2-9 hours varing on the day of the week

6.Have you moderated on any other forums before? If so, please link to them NeoPets.Com,Howrse.com,Webkinz.com,and a little bit on Frazzledback.com witch is currently down

7.Have you participated in many roleplays outside of CS before? If there's any places in particular, please link to them. foopets.com,and frazzled bacons fourm witch is currently down

8.Have you participated in many roleplays on CS before?yes

9.Why do you want to be a roleplay moderator for CS? i love the role plays some members ar making on chicken smoothie and am almost always browsing the role plays looking ffor new ones to jn or just to see if i would want to make another animal or human rp.

10.Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position (this is not required) (for example have you run your own roleplay website before, or have you had any experience in peer mediation?)I have run my own sight before it was sucseful for sometime but then i decided to let it go. I am apeer ambasidor a my highschool and i help out youngerkids all of the time. I am a voulenteer for a few other websights with coding and other things, and i am very mature and can keep my temper under pressue and can back others when in need.
(Edit i have made this a bit larger because to my eyes the print was just a bit hard to read because of my screen size)
Last edited by moon gem on Wed Apr 06, 2011 11:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

she/her • i love stars & ur flowers
lesbian • feel free to message me just to chat!
moon gem

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Calypso Sky » Wed Apr 06, 2011 11:16 am

CALYPSO SKY'S APPLICATON APPLICATION

1. What date did you register as a CS member? Friday October 30, 2009, at 11:56 am
2. How many posts have you made in the forum? 1540
3. Without posting your actual age, are you old enough to apply for this position? Yes, I am well within the requirements
4. How many days a week do you usually visit CS? Seven
5. How many hours per day do you usually spend on CS, on a day that you do visit? It all depends on the day: I've recently started working, so I'm not able to get online as much as I'd like to on those nights. Otherwise, I spend anywhere from between half an hour to three hours on Chicken Smoothie alone. To be honest, the amount of time I spend on here all depends on what I need to get done- if I have a few trades and some PMs and roleplays to reply to, I'll be on for a while, but if there is nothing new, then I'm only going to be on long enough to check my growths and messages. The more 'errands' I have to run, the more time I'll commit
6. Have you moderated on any other forums before? Nope
7. Have you participated in many roleplays outside of CS before? A few places here and there, but nothing exceptionally memorable. The last roleplaying website I joined was Reality Ranch, but that didn't float my boat as much as I thought it would. In all honesty, CS is the only website I've been roleplaying on for so long.
8. Have you participated in many roleplays on CS before? Yes, wayyy too many to count! I mean, I'm sure I could go back through my posts and link you to every RP I've been in, but I highly doubt that's what you're looking for
9. Why do you want to be a roleplay moderator for CS? Oh boy, here we go. I'm not going to waste your time talking about how much I'd like to give back to CS and all, because really, I think that's a given. Knowing the criteria you're looking for, and knowing that I fit the bill, well, that's what pushed me to consider applying in the first place. I'm mature, I enjoy roleplaying, and I do have a lot of time for CS. Having over a year's worth of experience roleplaying on Chicken Smoothie, it still amazes me today- seeing how quickly I've moved from pesky one-liners to creating and planning my own roleplays. That's why it is such a disappointment to see the crap going on in the roleplaying forums. The spam, the bullying, the hypocrisy. The content itself is gag-worthy at times, especially knowing that thirteen year-olds are being exposed to explicit details in both romance and violence: themes that are clearly inappropriate. The repeated use of copyrighted images is a whole other story. The list goes on and on, but at the end of the day, there are those roleplays and those people who make all the difference. We're here to write. We're here to create. That's why I keep coming back to the CS roleplays: there are so few websites with this amount of passion. I used to get so bummed out frequenting the Art Trade and Oekaki forums, thinking I didn't have a creative bone in my body. Roleplaying changed all that- I realized there is something for me, and that I'm pretty dang good at it too. I want to become a roleplay moderator for CS because I truly and honestly believe that these forums are more good than bad, and that I can make a difference with my ideas and my perspective. Chicken Smoothie deserves the absolute best in all aspects. The adoptables, the art, the discussion forums are great, but the roleplaying does need work. Being aware of the situation makes me want to fix it, and that makes all the difference. I want the roleplays to be fun for people of all ages and all literacies. Chicken Smoothie will receive nothing less than 100% from me. I'm ready to give it my best as a Roleplay Moderator.
10. Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position? Besides being one of the first members of the Semi-Literate+ RPers Club, I've been active on both the human and animal roleplay forums, and have participated in a wide variety of roleplays ranging from semi-lit to barely legible. I try to be open-minded towards everything I'm approached with, and this will be a helpful trait when it comes to dealing with sticky situations- since I'll be inclined to listen to all sides before making a call. What I believe will be most helpful, however, is my experience working in a restaurant. Being constantly surrounded by people, I learn something new everyday when it comes to dealing with disagreements, harassment, and miscommunication. I've also had to adapt, and adapt quickly, to various difficult circumstances at work, and I truly believe that this spontaneous out-of-the-box thinking will be a huge contribution I can offer. Imagine how much more refined my plans can be when I have time to think about them, and reword them to perfection before hitting that "submit" button!

I know that I am not one of the bigger names of CS, but I do want to make a difference, so thank you so much for opening this up to everyone, and for even taking the time to consider me. I'm sure that whoever gets this position will truly deserve it beyond any doubt. Best of luck!
Last edited by Calypso Sky on Wed Apr 06, 2011 11:33 am, edited 2 times in total.
Calypso Sky

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby DemonChild » Wed Apr 06, 2011 11:18 am

1. What date did you register as a CS member?: (if it's less than 6 months ago, do not apply) Tue Sep 28, 2010 9:34 pm
2. How many posts have you made in the forum (at the time of applying): (if it's less than 300, do not apply) 2889
3. Without posting your actual age, are you old enough to apply for this position?: (Do NOT apply if you are 15 or younger, no excuses.) Yes.
4. How many days a week do you usually visit CS? Everyday.
5. How many hours per day do you usually spend on CS, on a day that you do visit? 8-9 during each week day, and around 12-14 on both Saturday and Sunday (Not combined). (I don't sleep much.)
6. Have you moderated on any other forums before? If so, please link to them I have moderated other RPGs before on this site and others belonging to other players upon request.
7. Have you participated in many roleplays outside of CS before? If there's any places in particular, please link to them. Dozens on Howrse, including some of my own.
8. Have you participated in many roleplays on CS before? Yes, and created my own.
9. Why do you want to be a roleplay moderator for CS? Going back and looking at other applications, I've just decided to make this short and sweet, and not glamor up my resume with a bunch of words. I love RPing and would like to do something more with it. I get stressed out when people don't follow the rules, so I feel I would be doing good. I get straight to the point and don't like dragging things out and making myself seem smarter by using long complicated sounding explanations. This is something I'm good at, and something I'd like to expand on. That's all.
10. Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position (this is not required) (for example have you run your own roleplay website before, or have you had any experience in peer mediation?)
I'm very patient and it's hard to get me angry, seeing as I understand this is only the web. I'm the president of a writing club, so I have skill in writing which is why I enjoy role plays so long as they are appropriate. I've never done any graphic ones before, and don't plan on doing so. I am very much a grammar freak at times and can go overboard on organizing things, but other than that I do stay on topic very well and always get straight to the point in discussions.
Last edited by DemonChild on Wed Apr 06, 2011 1:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I'm quitting CS! Check out this link for deals on getting pets and items: http://www.chickensmoothie.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=1847440
DemonChild

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby s y n » Wed Apr 06, 2011 11:30 am

1.What date did you register as a CS member?: (if it's less than 6 months ago, do not apply)
Tue Mar 16, 2010 10:34 pm

2.How many posts have you made in the forum (at the time of applying): (if it's less than 300, do not apply)
8398, working on getting to ten thousand! ^^

3.Without posting your actual age, are you old enough to apply for this position?: (Do NOT apply if you are 15 or younger, no excuses.)
Yes I am :3

4.How many days a week do you usually visit CS?
Every single day, unless I have something super important or I'm badly sick, in which case I always notify every single person I roleplay with.

5.How many hours per day do you usually spend on CS, on a day that you do visit?
On average, 5-10 hours on school days. On weekends probably around ten hours MINIMUM.

6.Have you moderated on any other forums before? If so, please link to them
On a few wolf pack sites, plus a lion roleplay site. These ones are: 1, 2, 3
One of those I actually admin on ^^

And on the Roleplay School (On CS) I was a proctor and all five of my students graduated with exceptional roleplaying skills.

7.Have you participated in many roleplays outside of CS before? If there's any places in particular, please link to them:
Countless wolf roleplay sites, lion roleplay sites, horse roleplay sites... On adoptable sites, on a lion roleplay site (FeralHeart.com) and many, many others.

8.Have you participated in many roleplays on CS before?
I have over twenty entirely different - thus I am very experianced in all type of roleplaying, from domestic animal, to wild, to human, to mythical - roleplays I do believe. I roleplay constantly <3 I'm like, addicted.

9.Why do you want to be a roleplay moderator for CS?:
I've always wanted to be a part of the fabulous CS staff. But I've never found that I'd be very good for any of the openings. I've been roleplaying for over eight years, and I'm very passionate about how you can bring to life all your imagination, and be whoever you desire to be. I've written around four to five books, all have been given an average of three or four and a half stars out of five, and in all of them, I bring to life the worlds I imagine. I speak out the feelings that I love to express, I take on a new role and wear it like a second layer of skin.

Because of this, I literally laughed hysterically when I woke up today to see that CS was looking for Roleplay Moderators. When finally I calmed down enough to actually think up why I would like to be a Roleplay Moderator, I came here and started my entry. I was hoping that the age limit would allow people under 18 years of age, and when I saw the age limit being fifteen or sixteen, I broke out laughing again. I continued on with my form once I had lost all my laugh!

So now I'm thinking to myself, how to explain the joy I'd get out of moderating the many roleplays on CS. I've decided to do what I do when I roleplay; Project out my feeling using as highly adaptive wording as I can summon up. I would love to be a moderator for the roleplays because I've always gotten such a joy out of roleplay and helping others develop the skills they have such potential for. I've moderated quite a few other roleplaying sites, and been told I do a wonderful job. That, just that, puts a smile on my face.

Like I said previously, roleplaying is basically developing a second layer of skin. One with fantasy, and intricate emotion. Once you've gotten that skin, you step into it. You live in the your roleplays. I've done so, and I find myself actually speaking out all my dialogue out loud in a voice I imagine my characters having. Roleplaying is giving your characters a personality, a life, and real sense of being some sort of entity. You live in their world, face their fears, speak as they do. You put a little bit of yourself into each character you create, giving them real emotions and a real life.

In that way, I have such a tacit agreement, a tacit understanding with the ways and sensabilities of my roleplaying characters. I create worlds for them, dance along through meadows with them. I feel the emotions they feel, and I've found myself to get very locked into their worlds of fantasy and pure sincere life. With that statement, I hope I've been able to find words to explain to you, in entirety, my passion for roleplaying, and my reason for holding my breath as long as I can while writing this entry.

10.Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position?:
Well, because of my people skills in school, after our guidance counsellor retired, I was actually asked to take the job part-time. I've mastered classes of peer guidance, and I have actually won a few awards (Mostly just school things) like ribbons and trophies for my writing. I was given a certificate of honor from the students I've counselled, and I always love the smiles I get from helping out. Sadly, I've reached the ending of my entry, and so I now begin crossing my fingers, my toes, my legs, my arms, and even my tongue and eyes in hopes of being assigned with the honor of a CS roleplay moderator.

Sending out kind regards to you, the CS staff,
Surrender To Desire
Last edited by s y n on Sun Apr 10, 2011 8:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

previously known as dexus
s y n

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me