Global Moderators - Awaiting selection.

Announcements about events or changes to the website and forum

Re: Global Moderators - Applications open

Postby MaineiacJay » Sun Oct 09, 2011 8:42 pm

What date did you register as a CS member?:

January 22, 2010

How many posts have you made in the forum (at the time of applying):

1,383 posts as of now

Without posting your age, are you at least 18, and willing to risk seeing adult content when screening posts that are waiting for moderator approval:

sure am =)

How many days a week do you usually visit CS?

Every. Single. Day.... Well, night really

How many hours per day do you usually spend on CS, on a day that you do visit?

A lot. I work at a hospital on graveyard shift. I work an 8.5 hour shift and I'm generally working (doing rounds and answering bells) for about 3 of those hours. The rest of the time I'm here, usually just silently stalking the forums. I enjoy the animal chatter forum best =D

Have you moderated on any other forums before? If so, please link to them

Well, sort of... I actually created a fan site for the CW show supernatural when I was 16. The site has pages that can be edited as well as threads, fanfiction, and RPs that all have to be moderated. The site is now almost 6,000 members strong, and I'm the one who keeps them all under control! Lol with the help of the SPN Mod Squad of course! What would I do without them?? =) so it's safe to say I've got experience in moderation. This also gives me experience in privacy control (as does my work at a hospital - all I hear is HIPAA!!) since I have have access to all member accounts as well as the right to ban members (we get spammers every now an then). I also know when to lock a thread an break up arguments in a controlled way.

Link: www.supernatural-fan-wiki.com
Username: DeansGirl666 (you can send me a message if you'd like, and I'll varify it with a message back =)

Now the important question: Why do you want to be a moderator for CS?

I'm on every night, and sometimes durring the day. I've gotten into the forums lately, and I have respect for the current mods and I think I could lend a hand if given the chance. Due to a previous lack of intelligence (I'm sure it remembered =/ disgusted by my own ignorance at that time actually, but can very well say it will never happen again), I've made it a priority to familiarize myself with the rules, so I'd be happy to remind others of what they did wrong! =D

Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position (this is not required):

I think my experience with my other website gives me quite a bit of working knowledge, and that I've been dealing with Internet people (of all ages and nationality) since I was 16. Also the fact that I am on at night , every night, let's me do some work when others may not be on.

Thanks for the consideration, and good luck! It seems you have your work cut out for you!
Birthday: July 13 | Anniversary: September 18
Welcoming our daughter 1/7/19 ❤
MaineiacJay

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Mikaze » Sun Oct 09, 2011 10:10 pm

Can merged accounts apply?

{ weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee }
Mikaze

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Sorren Fey » Sun Oct 09, 2011 10:21 pm

Yes, but both people have to apply and they both have to be accepted.
Sorren Fey
Admin

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Mystic » Sun Oct 09, 2011 10:28 pm

What date did you register as a CS member?: July 1st, 2009 7:27 am
How many posts have you made in the forum (at the time of applying): 1227
Without posting your age, are you at least 18, and willing to risk seeing adult content when screening posts that are waiting for moderator approval: Yes, I'm over 18 and am willing to risk seeing inappropriate images, text and so on.
How many days a week do you usually visit CS? 7 days a week
How many hours per day do you usually spend on CS, on a day that you do visit? Around 4-5 hours a day. (To be honest, I don't really count)
Have you moderated on any other forums before? Yes, my Adoption Centre : viewtopic.php?f=52&t=793915
Now the important question: Why do you want to be a moderator for CS? I'd love to help CS and it's users because I know how bad it is to click onto a frequently used website and instantly spot either spam, bullying, immature or inappropriate images. I'd like to help keep those things away from people who get deeply offended by them.
Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position?: I'm empathetic and thoughtful. I won't jump to a conclusion as soon as I see a problem. I will thoroughly think it through and try my best to be fair.

(Sorry if my form is short, I like to keep things simple :3)
Last edited by Mystic on Mon Oct 10, 2011 12:46 am, edited 2 times in total.
Under Construction ^^

Mystic

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Wildstorm » Mon Oct 10, 2011 1:36 am

Application

1. What date did you register as a CS member?: October 2nd 2008

2. How many posts have you made in the forum (at the time of applying): 2478 posts

3. Without posting your age, are you at least 18, and willing to risk seeing adult content when screening posts that are waiting for moderator approval: Yes, I am an adult

4. How many days a week do you usually visit CS? Every day

5. How many hours per day do you usually spend on CS, on a day that you do visit? About 3-4 hours (it varies)

6. Have you moderated on any other forums before? Warriors rp site that was deleted back in 07-08 (I ran it but I had to delete it)
I owned a Pokemon Club on Neopets back in 2005 (yes I was a member on Neopets)
I have co-ran several other rps involving Warriors, but they are gone now

7. Now the important question: Why do I want to be a moderator on this site? Well in the time I have been here, I have seen CS grow and expand into the wonderful website it is today. I have to say it has been a maturing experience for me, turning me into a more calm and relaxed internet dweller. My main point for being a moderator on this site is because I want to give back to the website that I love, I wish to help out other members and to clear out all of the pointless posts and spam. I have witnessed this site transform over the years and even though there are more members joining (which is fantastic), there is a lot of unwanted content and pointless material being added to threads. In addition, there continues to be art theft. I am very protective of my own art (as lame as it may be) and I have dealt with art thieves before, and I will not tolerate it- I always do my best to crack down on art thieves. As for spam, I regard it as unnecessary and obnoxious and I want to eliminate it as much as it can be removed. I love getting pms from people, and I have already been answered numerous help questions due to being a senior member on here (I actually find it fun; I feel helpful) As for settling conflicts? I have been a peer mediator since I was a sophomore in high school, and I have absolutely no problem with not taking sides, I will remain neutral. I am very respectful to all members on this site and I will give them my immediate and direct attention if need be. CS is very important to me, I feel like I can actually be myself on here and show other people what I love- it's time to give back~

8. Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position:
As stated above, I have been a peer mediator since I was a sophomore in high school- about 3 years
I can partially speak French, if needed
I have been told by numerous people that I have good people skills

I am not expecting perks from this. I am only becoming a moderator because I want to help this site, not because I want to have power. Thank you for giving me the chance to give back to CS, I appreciate your time

I made a few quick edits~
Last edited by Wildstorm on Sun Oct 16, 2011 12:25 am, edited 3 times in total.
Avvie credit: ☢ʀᴀᴅɪᴏᴀᴄᴛɪᴠᴇ☢
~ Nami's Cove ~
~CS Customs Thread~
~F.P.S.~/M.L.P.T.P
Wildstorm

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Snowy_Owl » Mon Oct 10, 2011 2:36 am

What date did you register as a CS member?: 30.01.2010
How many posts have you made in the forum (at the time of applying): 1319
Without posting your age, are you at least 18, and willing to risk seeing adult content when screening posts that are waiting for moderator approval: Yes, I am adult :)
How many days a week do you usually visit CS? 7 days
How many hours per day do you usually spend on CS, on a day that you do visit? 3-4 on a work day, more than 6 on weekend. I am pretty sure normally it is more than that, but this is an average.
Have you moderated on any other forums before? If so, please link to them: I was a general moderator and than an administrator on a Teenager Forum: http://predkov.net/ I apologize it is an Russian one. :) I moderated and guided several Roleplay Forums, which are history by now.
I am spending much time on CS and by now I am more interested in communicating people than trading. CS is my favorite site, which I am visiting before even checking my Emails :) I would be very glad, if I could help the site to run better. I have much experience with using PhpBB Forum, check posts/remove or close topics and so on. :) My main aim is to be useful on the forum. I am always around forums dealing with collecting CS pets, so I help in my way to deal with rarities. I would be really glad to help my favorite site more that that.
Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position (this is not required) (for example do you speak any other languages, or have you had any experience in peer mediation?)
-I speak Russian, German, Ukrainian, Polish and English :)
-Over 3 years experience moderating and dealing with teenagers.
-I have never used my "moderator power" to punish any people for nothing/out of my feelings. For me is moderating a job. And my payment would be that my favorite site is running well. :)
Snowy_Owl

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Ricorn » Mon Oct 10, 2011 3:52 am

kiko200 wrote:Where did mine go?

All forms that do not qualify are deleted. We go by what's on record when age is playing a factor. If you lied on that, you could be lying on your form. We can't take that chance.

Please DO NOT APPLY if you...

...are younger than 18. You also shouldn't apply if you're over 18 but feel uncomfortable dealing with occasional adult images or language. In the past, we allowed members of any age to join as moderators, but recently the moderators have had to deal with an influx of spam bots (this is the first-post approval task which I mentioned earlier), some of which post adult material and images. As it is your job to protect the rest of the site from viewing this content, it wouldn't be appropriate to give you the job if you're likely to be offended by that content. I'm not going to ask for your age, because we don't ask for/share that information on CS, but if you're a member from the US then we probably have your birthdate on record so there's no point in applying if you're 14 years old.

Image Image Image Image
Clowns to the left of me.
Jokers to the right.
Here I am, stuck in the middle with you.
Image Image Image Image

Tumblr || Flight Rising
Ricorn

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Maddyoll » Mon Oct 10, 2011 4:32 am

APPLICATON

What date did you register as a CS member?: (if it's less than 8 months ago, do not apply)
Tue May 25, 2010 8:28 pm

How many posts have you made in the forum (at the time of applying): (if it's less than 300, do not apply)
2325 (2326 now.)

Without posting your age, are you at least 18, and willing to risk seeing adult content when screening posts that are waiting for moderator approval: (If you don't know what I'm talking about, read the first post again)
Yes.

Every Day, unless I am on vacation/at my job.

Usually 2 1/2 to 3 hours.

Yes, but they are mostly dead. I have created various forms also, in which I have moderated on.

I would like to be a moderator on CS because I feel like I need to help the CS community. I get asked tons of questions a day, and I like to help people out. I have had to tell somebody to change their signature more than once, though I don't report much posts. I would be delighted to be chosen for this position as part of the CS team, and I would dedicate my time to trying to help Chicken Smoothie. I know that CS-ians hate spam and rules breaking, so I would like to enforce that. I know that this site wasn't built for adults, but that they still like to enjoy the CS community. I want all players to enjoy CS, and therefore I would like to protect it, and keep it a clean and friendly community. Thank you for even considering me.

Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position (this is not required) (for example do you speak any other languages, or have you had any experience in peer mediation?)
I speak fluent Spanish and I am usually very patient. I don't go crazy over rule breaking, because humans are humans, but I believe that people should learn from their previous faults. I'm a very experienced CS member, and know the Do's and Don't around here. I know where things go, and I can see all sides of an argument, and I know what it feels like when you have had a bad day. I know what its like to deal with the public, and how frustrating it can be. That's why I'm here, to help.
I've been on hiatus for a year or two, mostly inactive now.
Do not ask for my pets/characters. Thanks.

will occasionally
post in search of
fresh ideas/art
characterssoulcharacter trades
Maddyoll

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Arthrodira » Mon Oct 10, 2011 7:16 am

APPLICATON
What date did you register as a CS member?: (if it's less than 8 months ago, do not apply)
10 May, 2010
How many posts have you made in the forum (at the time of applying): (if it's less than 300, do not apply)
Without posting your age, are you at least 18, and willing to risk seeing adult content when screening posts that are waiting for moderator approval: (If you don't know what I'm talking about, read the first post again)
I am an adult, and I can handle viewing adult content.
I visit every day of the week, unless something surprising comes up.
It varies, but it's always at least 2 hours.
I have not moderated other forums.
I would like to be a moderator for CS because it's a rather welcoming community for the most part and I'd love to be one of the people who helps keep it that way. I have been a regular visitor of the site and its forums ever since I registered in May of 2010, and I don't see that changing any time soon and it would be great to contribute to a website I'm such a fan of.
I am actively studying Finnish and live with a Finnish person, so I'd be able to understand those posts for the most part. I also have a lot of time each day that can be devoted to moderating due to my current lifestyle.
Currently Seeking:
Arthrodira

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby s y n » Mon Oct 10, 2011 2:54 pm

I am looking to fufill my dream of being part of the CS staff!

1. What date did you register as a CS member?:
March sixteenth, two-thousand ten.
(March 16, 2010)

2. How many posts have you made in the forum:
Eleven thousand seventy-eight.
(11,078)

3. Without posting your age, are you at least 18, and willing to risk seeing adult content when screening posts that are waiting for moderator approval:
Yes.

4. How many days a week do you usually visit CS?
Every single day, unless I am extremely sick, super-duper busy, or I have something extremely important going on that I cannot miss.

5. How many hours per day do you usually spend on CS, on a day that you do visit?:
On a day that I'm fairly busy, ten hours minimum. On a weekend/day that I'm not busy at all, a good fifteen to twenty hours. I know, I totally don't have a life if I spend that much time on CS.

6. Have you moderated on any other forums before? If so, please link to them:
I have moderated multiple wolf pack sites that are no longer running. I also moderated on a few topics on CS, and several other sites that are no longer in existance or that I am no longer on.

7. Now the important question: Why do you want to be a moderator for CS?:
It would be so much easier to speak of why I wouldn't want to be one, seeing as I would end up typing about one or two reasons and not multiple huge paragraphs. Ah, well. Where do I begin?

It has always been a dream of mine to be part of the CS team. I have applied for every job opening so far, but unfortunately I haven't been awarded a job just yet. Some may think that some who apply for these jobs want them for the power. But I don't. I simply want to make a difference in the CS world. What with all the inappropriate topics, rule-breaking, etc. around here, I'm not surprised that we need more moderators. It's crazy how many people find it okay to go around and do all these things. I've always been helping out any way I can - Warning people that they are breaking a rule, reporting art thefts/inappropriate topics and posts/etc, and I have found that I have a good ability to help. That's all I want. To help make CS run at its absolute best.

CS is an amazing site. It really is, Tess. I prefer Chicken Smoothie over almost all other forums. Not only are the players welcoming and friendly, but the pets are adorable, the artists are amazing... Tess, you and your team hire the best people for the job and it really does pay off. CS is the site I spend the most time on - Constantly adopting pets, dressing them up, coloring in linearts and drawing, roleplaying, and yet so much more. There is never a minute that I am bored on CS. It is my absolute dream to be a part of the splendorful team that makes all this possible. All you guys, every single one of you from artists to moderators to helpers are extremely important. No matter how small the role is, I'd love to be a part of it. The thing being, I don't find any role small. Even if you are just a helper you are needed to keep this site up and running. I would do anything, absolutely anything, to be able to help out in any way I can, no matter how small.

Even if I don't get the job I will still be continuously helping around on CS, I can assure you that. I was helping long before this job offer came up, and I will continue helping long after no matter if I get the job or not. It would be a blessing to me to get the job and to be considered great enough to be a part of the marvelous CS staff, but not being donned the name of Global Moderator would not get me down enough to stop helping. Even if I can only help one person I would be happy. One person makes a difference. That one person would go on to help another, and that other person would go to help another. It runs in a cycle. But if no one decides to help because they think that one person can't change anything, the cycle won't work. It doesn't matter how small your help to that one person is either. Whether you are telling them how to change the color of their writing or teaching them how to use Oekaki, it makes a difference. I truly believe it does.

What would I give to be a Global Moderator... I would give up all my free time to help out around CS. Difference never sleeps, am I right? Well, I'd have to sleep, but almost all my time would be dedicated to doing my job to the best of my extent. And I am a striving person. I strive for my best and I do not accept giving any less than my best. It makes me feel unaccomplished when I do not give my absolute best, and being unaccomplished is a feeling I don't enjoy, a feeling I will not stand for. A feeling I will work tirelessly to change.

Among many other reasons, those are a few of the main points for my applying to be a Global Moderator. The biggest thing being that I want to make a difference in any way possible, even if it is just directing one member down the right path. I hope that you will be able to tell that my intentions are earnest and that you will appreciate my determination to give out the best help I can.

8. Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position?:
I speak Spanish and French fluently, though I am still practicing to get my words right. I have also spoken to classes of young elementary school children about the effects of peer pressure, how to avoid caving in to the negatives, etc. I am very patient and very good at keeping my cool. I don't get angry if I few rude words get thrown my way, and I do not retalitate. I'm a levelheaded person and a hard-worker. I'm very determined and I can be serious and strict, though I'm also fun-loving, calm, and friendly. I've been told by many that I'm a wonderful rolemodel and I love to help in real life as much as I can.

I'm skilled in breaking up fights and a very good problem solver. I am not at all sensative to inappropriate images, words, etc. and I'm quite blunt when it comes to punishing a rule-breaker. However, I am not cruel, and very fair when it comes to my ways. I have a good ability to keep my head above water, even in seas of turmoil, and I don't get frustrated if I have to explain something over and over again or if I explain something and someone still doesn't get it. I'm a gentle person and mature person, though I am no pushover. I don't stand for rule breaking.

I hope that you consider me as a good choice for the job of Global Moderator. It would make me incredibly happy to know that I would making a large difference on the CS forums and it would give me great bliss to see that CS isn't ruined by rule-breakers.
Even if I do not get the job or even get considered for getting it, I thank you incredibly for even giving me the opportunity to splurt out my dreams and my skills to the CS world in hopes of getting this job. If I do get this job, I will have to thank you endlessly for picking me out of the thousands of Chicken Smoothians that long to be a part of the staff as much as I do.

Sincerely,
Red.

previously known as dexus
s y n

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me