Roleplay Moderators - Applications closed! Now choosing.

Announcements about events or changes to the website and forum

Roleplay Moderators - Applications closed! Now choosing.

Postby Tess » Sun Jan 20, 2013 5:28 pm

Tess wrote:Thanks everyone! The applications are now closed. We'll be reading through everyone's applications and selecting the new mods over the next couple of weeks, and the new staff will be announced as soon as possible.

Please be patient during the selection process, we will make an announcement as soon as we know who the new staff will be and PMing us to ask about it won't speed anything along :)

We are looking to hire another 1 - 3 people to become moderators for the roleplay boards. Applications will probably be open for about 3 - 7 days, depending on how many applications we receive.

We are only accepting applicants who are 16 or older. Please read the entire post before asking questions or applying.

Despite strict, clear rules on behavior in the roleplay boards, there is an ongoing problem with people breaking rules and posting content which we don't want to see on CS. We have a team of moderators dedicated solely to the roleplay boards to take care of issues in that area of the forum, and we need some more people for that team.

The duties of a roleplay mod include (but are not limited to):
  1. Deleting, editing, or locking off-topic posts, bullying, inappropriate content, and spam from within the roleplay boards
  2. Giving careful attention to keeping romance and violence in RPs at an acceptable level and within site rules/limits, for the safety of younger users in particular.
  3. Responding to topic/post reports where players have identified a problem in the roleplay boards
  4. Dealing with art theft issues from images posted within the roleplay board
  5. Helping to sort out disputes between members and acting without bias
  6. Warning members who have broken site rules
  7. Referring members to an admin or senior moderator if their behavior warrants a ban

Because of the nature of the content you'll be hired to censor and remove, I need a mature, older (16+) member who enjoys roleplaying and has a lot of time for CS. Do NOT apply if you are under 16 years of age.

Please DO NOT APPLY if you...

...are younger than 16, or if you're older than this but feel uncomfortable reading gruesome violence or mature romance scenes in roleplays. We are not interested in hiring anyone younger than this, because your job will involve censoring content which isn't appropriate for younger viewers. We're not going to make exceptions for mature younger members, because it wouldn't be an appropriate task for us to give you, and there are plenty of adults for us to choose from. I'm not going to ask for your age, because we don't ask for/share that information on CS, but if you're a member from the US then we already have your birthdate on record so don't lie about it.

...have previously had warnings for bullying, fighting, inappropriate roleplay behaviors, cheating, or art theft; unless these warnings were later cleared by a staff member, happened a long time ago, or were not particularly serious (e.g. forgot to credit a reference properly)

...have been a member for less than 6 months

...have made fewer than 300 forum posts

...spend less than 2 hours on CS on your average day

...have never participated in roleplays before, or have only begun roleplaying in the past month

...hate the CS roleplay boards

So, do you think you have got what it takes to be a roleplay moderator?

APPLICATION
    (Do NOT apply if you are aged 15 or younger, no excuses.)
  1. What date did you register as a CS member?: (if it's less than 6 months ago, do not apply)
  2. How many posts have you made in the forum (at the time of applying): (if it's less than 300, do not apply)
  3. How many days a week do you usually visit CS, and how many hours do you usually spend per day?
  4. Have you moderated on any other forums before? If so, please link to them
  5. Have you participated in many roleplays outside of CS before? If there are any places in particular, please link to them.
  6. Have you participated in many roleplays on CS before?
  7. Why do you want to be a roleplay moderator for CS?
  8. Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position (this is not required) (for example have you run your own roleplay website before, or have you had any experience in peer mediation?)

PLEASE DO NOT POST IN THIS TOPIC UNLESS YOU ARE APPLYING, OR WANT TO ASK A QUESTION ABOUT THE JOB OR APPLICATIONS.

Posts along the lines of 'aww, I'm not old enough' or 'I hope you get hired Sally your application is really good' will be deleted.

Applicants who I know to be under 16 will have their applications deleted.
Click here if you need help from CS Staff or General Helpers!
Tess
Admin

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Roleplay Moderators - Now hiring! (age 16+)

Postby ShadowHunteress » Sun Jan 20, 2013 6:10 pm

What date did you register as a CS member?:
May 28th, 2009
How many posts have you made in the forum (at the time of applying):
103 538
How many days a week do you usually visit CS, and how many hours do you usually spend per day?
7 days a week, at least 7 hours a day (minimum 1hour in the morning on school days, and minimum six hours after school and work)
Have you moderated on any other forums before?
No
Have you participated in many roleplays outside of CS before?
No
Have you participated in many roleplays on CS before?
Yes, lots, too many to count
Why do you want to be a roleplay moderator for CS?
I want to let people have the kind of amazing RP experience I have had, I want everyone to know how fun RPing can be without having to worry about inappropriate posts.
Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position:
I am good at working things out between people.
Last edited by ShadowHunteress on Tue Jan 22, 2013 4:30 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Check out Lorwolf! Use my referral code to get the chance for a companion!
https://www.lorwolf.com/Refer/11524
ShadowHunteress

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Lacuna » Sun Jan 20, 2013 6:18 pm

APPLICATION

1. What date did you register as a CS member?
      April 8, 2011 11:50 pm MST
    2. How many posts have you made in the forum (at the time of applying):
    3. How many days a week do you usually visit CS, and how many hours do you usually spend per day?
      I am on CS six or seven days a week for a few hours per day.
    4. Have you moderated on any other forums before?
      No, I have not.
    5. Have you participated in many roleplays outside of CS before?
      I have participated in several, though it was a long time ago and I no longer have links to these websites.
    6. Have you participated in many roleplays on CS before?
      For a while I participated in many CS roleplays and owned several. I do not participate in any roleplays on CS currently due to the fact that my interests in roleplaying have grown away from popular trends in CS roleplaying.
    7. Why do you want to be a roleplay moderator for CS?
      The main reason I want to be a roleplay moderator is because I love roleplaying and writing in general. I often read roleplays that others are participating in just for fun, so it would not be hard to moderate them as well. As I am no longer an active roleplayer on CS, I have more time to dedicate to moderating while still fitting the criteria for a moderator: loving roleplaying and knowing a lot about CS roleplaying and the rules entailed. I like CS a lot and want it to be a safe place for people of all ages to access and roleplay. Being a moderator will provide me with a focus for the time I spend on CS, and can see no other focus that would be more admirable.
    8. Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position?
      I am a college student studying education, so I have learned a lot about mediation and being in an authoritative role. As a result I understand that not everyone will love me for what I do as a moderator. I have worked several jobs that have provided me with training in sensitivity and professionalism, so I will always act with decorum and candor. I am also familiar with website coding and easily learn new things about websites, so it would not be difficult for me to transition into using the moderation tools on CS.
Last edited by Lacuna on Sun Jan 20, 2013 6:49 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Lacuna
Roleplay Moderator

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Maddyoll » Sun Jan 20, 2013 6:18 pm

What date did you register as a CS member?: (if it's less than 6 months ago, do not apply)
  • May 25th, 2010

How many posts have you made in the forum (at the time of applying): (if it's less than 300, do not apply)

How many days a week do you usually visit CS, and how many hours do you usually spend per day?
  • Seven and at least four or so hours on weekdays, 5-6 on weekends c:

Have you moderated on any other forums before? If so, please link to them
  • Honestly I have only modded on a few CS topics, not anything big :c But there is a first for everything!

Have you participated in many roleplays outside of CS before? If there are any places in particular, please link to them.
  • Yes, I use my kik account on my cell to roleplay a lot but other than that I use this, this, and I roleplay a lot here.
    Edit; I almost forgot, I roleplay (or use to roleplay) a LOT on here

• Not a mass amount but yes, a few c:

• I would like to be a roleplay moderator because I would love to help out the CS community by keeping things clean. Plain and simple. I enjoy roleplay very much, I do write a lot of my own plots and fanfiction, and it is always more fun having someone else create the story with you. In roleplaying the saying "two minds are better than one" definitely applies.

Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position (this is not required) (for example have you run your own roleplay website before, or have you had any experience in peer mediation?)
  • I have run an unsuccessful attempt at my own roleplay website and later deleted the site, and in middle school I took a year of peer mediation classes and did mediate at least 5 different situations.
Last edited by Maddyoll on Mon Jan 21, 2013 5:17 am, edited 5 times in total.
I've been on hiatus for a year or two, mostly inactive now.
Do not ask for my pets/characters. Thanks.

will occasionally
post in search of
fresh ideas/art
characterssoulcharacter trades
Maddyoll

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby .Toboe. » Sun Jan 20, 2013 6:32 pm

1. What date did you register as a CS member?: November 1st, 2011
  2. How many posts have you made in the forum (at the time of applying): 876
  3. How many days a week do you usually visit CS, and how many hours do you usually spend per day?: Every day, at least 6-12 hours per day, usually more.
  4. Have you moderated on any other forums before?: I am currently a co-admin of a large facebook rp group. I have also been a mod in a few chatrooms.
  5. Have you participated in many roleplays outside of CS before? I roleplay every day on facebook, and I've roleplayed on Neopets and Gaia in the past. All kinds, script and lit, human and animals, fandoms, the whole works.
  6. Have you participated in many roleplays on CS before?: I've participated in multiple in the past and I'm currently running one of my own.
  7. Why do you want to be a roleplay moderator for CS?: I've always wanted to help out with CS in some way, and helping to keep Chicken Smoothie a safer place for the younger crowd is a perfect way to do this. I have younger friends and family who play or are interested in playing and keeping them safe is definitely of high importance. And with the art theft, being an artist myself, making sure theft is taken care of is very important to me. The less there is, the better. And especially now that Captain Kaycee and Clowesia retired, I can't help but want to help out even more. Tragedae shouldn't have to take care of four different rp forums all at once by herself.
  8. Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position?: I've been a trained peer mediator at my school for 4 years, which requires one be unbiased and good with successfully solving problems for both sides of an argument. I am also very mature and can handle really any image or content I see posted. I'm not freaked out by gore and other less than savory topics.
Last edited by .Toboe. on Sat Jan 26, 2013 5:26 am, edited 5 times in total.
.Toboe.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby icseal » Sun Jan 20, 2013 6:33 pm

What date did you register as a CS member?: (if it's less than 6 months ago, do not apply)
April 14, 2012
How many posts have you made in the forum (at the time of applying): (if it's less than 300, do not apply)
2,600+
Every week, 5-10 hours per day
Have you moderated on any other forums before? If so, please link to them
No, sorry. I have moderated Threads, though,
Have you participated in many roleplays outside of CS before? If there are any places in particular, please link to them.
Yes.
Yes.
It would be wonderful to join and I will do my best.
Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position (this is not required) (for example have you run your own roleplay website before, or have you had any experience in peer mediation?)
I have made many websites before that was successful until I closed it down. I am a semi lit to literate.
Last edited by icseal on Thu Jan 24, 2013 6:15 pm, edited 4 times in total.

✧・゚: *✧・゚:* araghosta | adult | she/her ✧・゚: *✧・゚:*
mostly absent with occasional bursts of activity
wife
icseal

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby forevermine » Sun Jan 20, 2013 6:33 pm

APPLICATON
What date did you register as a CS member?: December 12th, 2009, 3:49 pm (This was my friend's account & I took over in early January 2011 , as I am actually over the age of 16)
How many posts have you made in the forum (at the time of applying): I do not remember to be honest o-o I had an old account before I took my friends with about 800 . So about 400 possibly on this one .
How many days a week do you usually visit CS, and how many hours do you usually spend per day? : An average of about 7-8 hours a day , all day when I'm at home , 7 days a week .
Have you moderated on any other forums before? : No
Have you participated in many roleplays outside of CS before? : Yes , many c: I enjoy it , I don't know what I would do without it .
Have you participated in many roleplays on CS before? : I am currently in only one , & it is a wolf roleplay . c:
Why do you want to be a roleplay moderator for CS? : I'd like to help out the roleplay forums , & let other members enjoy them without inappropriate behavior . c: & I love helping out with things like this . ^_^ It makes me feel like a better person , & keeping the forums safe .
Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position (this is not required) (for example have you run your own roleplay website before, or have you had any experience in peer mediation?) : I've run my own roleplay before , only one though , (as I usually participate in other's roleplay) , I have patience & understanding , but can be strict when or if needed to be .
Last edited by forevermine on Tue Jan 22, 2013 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.

Image . Image . Image . Image
forevermine

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby WildWhiskeyTales » Sun Jan 20, 2013 7:11 pm

1.What date did you register as a CS member?: (if it's less than 6 months ago, do not apply) January 5th, 2012
2.How many posts have you made in the forum (at the time of applying): (if it's less than 300, do not apply) 6694
3.How many days a week do you usually visit CS, and how many hours do you usually spend per day? I come on everyday and I probably spend five hours.
4.Have you moderated on any other forums before? If so, please link to them I have but I'm not on them any more. but I was on this one. http://aaa.lasolistia.com/forum/index.php
5.Have you participated in many roleplays outside of CS before? If there are any places in particular, please link to them. I have several RP going through email right now. and most of them going through PM as well.
6.Have you participated in many roleplays on CS before? Yes ma'am. I love RPing.
7.Why do you want to be a roleplay moderator for CS? Because I love CS and I love rping. It helps me escape my own world and so I want others to have the same chance, but if there are too many trolls that don't obey the rules others won't get the chance to experience how awesome RPing is.
8.Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position (this is not required) (for example have you run your own roleplay website before, or have you had any experience in peer mediation?) I actually am an assistant therapist at my high school.
I am a closed book. I don't trust you and I don't trust me. I need a little room to breathe, you're making this hard for me, when all I need is to be set free. I need a little time to think, and if you ever will love me then all I need is a little room to breathe. I've been through and seen a lot, left at the bottom and the top. We're on borrowed time, but time isn't enough, I'm just trying to be the best I can be. When I fall down, it's just me and the ground.
I used to be WiltingRoses-Please don't steal. I will be coming back to that name.

WildWhiskeyTales

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby iColorFreak » Sun Jan 20, 2013 7:20 pm

What date did you register as a CS member?: April 14, 2010

How many posts have you made in the forum (at the time of applying):8504

How many days a week do you usually visit CS, and how many hours do you usually spend per day? I am on 7 days a week, and Im on for 7 hours on weekdays, and 7-13 hours on weekends

Have you moderated on any other forums before? If so, please link to them: Yes
http://roleplayforthefph.proboards.com/index.cgi (I am a mod, My name is Ships in the Night) (I cant keep track of the rps on here that I have been a mod of)

Have you participated in many roleplays outside of CS before? If there are any places in particular, please link to them. http://roleplayforthefph.proboards.com/index.cgi (I am a mod, My name is Ships in the Night)(Other sites have been deleted)
Have you participated in many roleplays on CS before? yes

Why do you want to be a roleplay moderator for CS? I have been roleplaying for about 7 years now (Since 2006) and I have learned alot when roleplaying. If I see a fight going on in a roleplay, I report it, In roleplays, I try to remind people of the roleplay's rules of what they cant do. I have been made a co-owner in a few of my buddie's roleplay, because they know I follow the rules and I try to keep everyone in order. And I am very mature and I dont mind reading over graphic scenes

Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position (this is not required) (for example have you run your own roleplay website before, or have you had any experience in peer mediation?): I have made several roleplays before and a few roleplays sites, but they didnt go to far.And I try to help out situations with other people
Last edited by iColorFreak on Wed Jan 23, 2013 4:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
iColorFreak

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Tess » Sun Jan 20, 2013 7:52 pm

Dominikovs Stalker wrote:I'm turning 16 in a few months, would it be alright to apply?

No, I'm sorry, but if you're not 16 at the time of applying then your application will not be considered.

It may seem stupid to exclude people when they're just a few weeks or months away from being 16, but that's the youngest age we would be willing to accept, and we'll prefer people even older than that. If you're not even 16 yet then you'd have a hard time competing against older applicants that meet all the criteria.
Click here if you need help from CS Staff or General Helpers!
Tess
Admin

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me