Oekaki Moderator Applications NOW CLOSED, selecting staff

Announcements about events or changes to the website and forum

Oekaki Moderator Applications NOW CLOSED, selecting staff

Postby Tess » Tue Feb 26, 2013 9:44 pm

Applications are now CLOSED. Please allow at least a week for us to read through the applications and select our new staff.

We need a couple of new Oekaki Moderators :) we'll keep applications open for at least 3 days, but you should apply ASAP because we will close fast if we get a lot of applications.

We are looking to gain around 1 - 3 new oekaki moderators. We will be most interested in members who have previously proven themselves to be mature, respectful, friendly, active members of CS. You need to have been a member for at least 6 months. It helps if you have used the oekaki before and have a good understanding of how the program and the tools work, but you don't have to be the best artist.

Please read the whole topic before applying or asking questions.

The job available is for an Oekaki Moderator. The duties of an oekaki mod include (but are not limited to):
  1. Checking and approving new posts/COPPA members' posts before they appear in the oekaki boards (and disapproving posts which don't meet CS rules).
  2. Deleting, editing, or locking off-topic posts, bullying, inappropriate content, and spam from within the oekaki boards
  3. Moving oekakis which have been placed in the wrong board
  4. Responding to topic/post reports where players have identified a problem in the oekaki boards
  5. Dealing with art theft
  6. Helping to sort out disputes between members and acting without bias
  7. Warning members who have broken site rules
  8. Referring members to an admin or senior moderator if their behavior warrants a ban

As an oekaki moderator your role is to keep the oekaki boards organized, approve oekaki posts made by COPPA users, and remove spam or art theft. This role sometimes involves warning trouble-makers for bad behavior.

Many players will not be happy about being warned, even if it is obvious they have broken the rules. You need to be able to deal calmly with conflict, without getting offended or upset.

As a moderator you will gain access to some private information about players like their warning history. You need to have respect for other players' rights to confidentiality and not share any of this information with other people. You shouldn't use this information for anything which doesn't directly relate to your duties as an oekaki moderator for CS.

You should use your moderating abilities only where required, and not use them to take advantage of situations for yourself or other players.

Please DO NOT APPLY if you...

...just want the job so that you can get free pets/custom pets/make pets for cs/etc - it won't happen.

...have previously had warnings for bullying, fighting, cheating, or art theft; unless these warnings were later cleared by a staff member, happened a long time ago, or were not particularly serious (e.g. forgot to credit a reference properly)

...have been a member for less than 6 months

...have made fewer than 300 forum posts

...have never shown any interest in visiting or using the oekaki boards before - we don't want you for the job if you wouldn't normally go near the place.

...spend less than 2 hours on CS on your average day

So, do you think you have got what it takes to be a CS oekaki moderator?

APPLICATON
  1. What date did you register as a CS member?: (if it's less than 6 months ago, do not apply)
  2. How many posts have you made in the forum (at the time of applying): (if it's less than 300, do not apply)
  3. How many days a week do you usually visit CS?
  4. How many hours per day do you usually spend on CS, on a day that you do visit?
  5. Have you moderated on any other forums before? If so, please link to them
  6. Have you ever used the CS oekaki to draw?
  7. Do you ever spend much time browsing the oekaki board just to look at the art posted there?
  8. Why do you want to be an oekaki moderator for CS?
  9. Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position (this is not required) (for example have you had any experience in peer mediation? Have you had a ton of experience using the oekaki program?)

There is no age limit, but COPPA users can not apply.

Be aware that you could be asked to handle reports about offensive/inappropriate images. If you find that sometimes you're uncomfortable or upset when seeing drawings depicting nudity or blood and gore then do not apply.

PLEASE DO NOT POST IN THIS TOPIC UNLESS YOU ARE APPLYING, OR WANT TO ASK A QUESTION ABOUT THE JOB OR APPLICATIONS.
Click here if you need help from CS Staff or General Helpers!
Tess
Admin

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Oekaki Moderator Applications NOW OPEN

Postby ferretjuice » Tue Feb 26, 2013 10:04 pm

APPLICATON
  1. What date did you register as a CS member?: (if it's less than 6 months ago, do not apply)22th of April 2012 c:
  2. How many posts have you made in the forum (at the time of applying): (if it's less than 300, do not apply)5534
  3. How many days a week do you usually visit CS?every day
  4. How many hours per day do you usually spend on CS, on a day that you do visit?about 5 hours a day
  5. Have you moderated on any other forums before? If so, please link to themno not yet but I would love to
  6. Have you ever used the CS oekaki to draw?yes all the time :)
  7. Do you ever spend much time browsing the oekaki board just to look at the art posted there?yes about maybe 30 minutes looking At peoples art and making sure they do the right thing
  8. Why do you want to be an oekaki moderator for CS?well I would love to help the cs community and make sure the art is aproprate for kids (sorry I can't spell XD)
  9. Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position (this is not required) (for example have you had any experience in peer mediation? Have you had a ton of experience using the oekaki program?)
yes I have had heaps of experience with oekaki tools so I think I'll be perfect for the job and good luck everyone
Last edited by ferretjuice on Tue Feb 26, 2013 10:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ferretjuice

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Zoe-Underland » Tue Feb 26, 2013 10:06 pm

APPLICATON
What date did you register as a CS member?: Thu May 20, 2010 3:54 pm
How many posts have you made in the forum (at the time of applying): 48930
How many days a week do you usually visit CS?
i visit cs 7 days a week. Even if it is for an hour. I still visit as Cs has become part of a daily habit for me.
How many hours per day do you usually spend on CS, on a day that you do visit?
on a day
School day: i can still spend up to 6-8 hours
and on a weekend i can spend up to 12- 14 hours unless i have got work/
Have you moderated on any other forums before? If so, please link to them
No. I Have yet to Moderate in any other Forums.
Have you ever used the CS oekaki to draw?
Yea, I Have drawn 13 pictures. Using the Cs Oekaki. And hopefuly i will draw more soon as i have just gotten a Tablet a month ago ^_^.
Do you ever spend much time browsing the oekaki board just to look at the art posted there?
Hmm yes. Around 10 minutes to 30 minutes varying. Looking at the different art styles and tones.
Why do you want to be an oekaki moderator for CS?
I Want to help out, And show back the kindness shown to me by the Moderators. I Want to help fellow artist's. But i also want to make sure that people are correctly Using referal's on there art. Or that they do not remove the signiture. If it is that of another artist's work.
Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position (this is not required) (for example have you had any experience in peer mediation? Have you had a ton of experience using the oekaki program?) Hmm. Well i have not ever had Peer Mediation. but i have got some ecperiance on using the Oekaki program.
Zoe-Underland

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Kaizoku » Tue Feb 26, 2013 10:11 pm

What date did you register as a CS member?:
18th of December, 2011.

How many posts have you made in the forum (at the time of applying):

Everyday. I'm not overly busy so I have plenty of time to kill on CS X3

I visit for around 5-8 hours a day, depending on what day. Saturdays I am normally on for around 5 hours (family events!), whereas Sunday I'm on for around 8 hours. I do have school during the day, so for a few hours I am inactive.

No, but I have applied for moderator positions before.
However, I do mod a chat made by my friend: http://xat.com/csstuffbackup

Yes! Several times! I haven't recently because of all these issues with Java, but I will be back sooner or later!

Do you ever spend much time browsing the oekaki board just to look at the art posted there?
Sure do! I love browsing the Oekaki boards, especially looking at Beginner's Oekaki. I really love the Adoptables Board too, I love seeing all the new species and pet designs floating around. I don't really comment, but I do lurk.

I would like to contribute to the site somehow, and when I first joined, I did have a peek at the Staff Positions, and I really wanted to be an Oekaki Moderator. I really love the idea of keeping the Oekaki boards a clean and a fun place to contribute to our artistic community. The Oekaki is a really big part of the site, and I would love to be involved with it not only as a contributor, but as someone who can help when there are art theft issues or misplaced topics, spam or anything that breaks the rules. I really hope to make a positive contribution to the website, and this would be a huge step forward towards that goal. I want to help out my fellow CSians in this field and give back to the community that gave so much to me.

I also enjoying helping out people when they're not to sure what's what. I don't mind explaining things multiple times and I love the feeling when helping people. I try to help out as much as can on the forums and answer questions to the best of my knowledge. I would like to be an Oekaki moderator as it would bring on more opportunities to help people and to gain information on topics I may not have known about before. I am a very approachable person and I'm willing to solves any issues users have with the rules/topics on the Oekaki.

Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position?
I am very familiar with the tools of the art program and know how to use them in a sufficient way. I am a very serious person when I need to be and have had training in the fields of leadership and peer interaction on several occasions. I am a very good problem solver and will not let things get the best of me when sorting out issues. I don't get angered very easily and can deal with issues without taking them to a personal level. I am familiar with the rules of the Oekaki boards and do remind myself of them when posting contests and artworks etc. I don't get offended or overly frustrated easily and can deal with rough situations calmly. I also know how to make pictures transparent, re-size them and help tablet users by giving them advice on setting up pen pressure.

Good luck everyone!
Last edited by Kaizoku on Fri Mar 01, 2013 4:14 pm, edited 9 times in total.

nix ♡ he/him
gaming + anime
medical scientist
need help?
newbie guide & index
Kaizoku

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby bear » Tue Feb 26, 2013 11:11 pm

• What date did you register as a CS member?: (if it's less than 6 months ago, do not apply)
    I registered on the 1st of November, 2011 at 3:31pm
  • How many posts have you made in the forum (at the time of applying): (if it's less than 300, do not apply)
    At the time of applying, it would be 18214 posts.
  • How many days a week do you usually visit CS?
    I usually visit CS everyday. Although sometimes I can get pretty busy with school work and somehow not log in a day, but it's pretty rare. c:
  • How many hours per day do you usually spend on CS, on a day that you do visit?
    On the usual school day it would be 7 - 10 hours (but sometimes it could be less due to school work.)
    On the weekend it would be 8 - 13 hours (if I am not busy, if I was busy, it would be perhaps 5 - 8 hours.)
  • Have you moderated on any other forums before? If so, please link to them
    Not here on CS, but I have been a mod on a few other sites before (one other pet site that shut down and I unforetunely don't have a link to anymore) and two other unrelated sites (one that has also shut down due to inactivity to all the users and the other being inactive for awhile - http://spiritanimals.freeforums.org/index.php)
  • Have you ever used the CS oekaki to draw?
    Yes! I have taken a big liking to oekaki here on CS and currently have 267 drawings on there.
    (I have somehow even collected myself a feature c:)
  • Do you ever spend much time browsing the oekaki board just to look at the art posted there?
    Yes. I like to look at the different styles, tools and such people have used to draw. I usually drift around the sketches and experiments and intermediate areas when viewing art but I also do occasionally visit the beginners section (out of habit though, I'm so used to positing in sketches and experiments and intermediate I kind of forget to look in beginners. I am trying to fix this though.^^)
  • Why do you want to be an oekaki moderator for CS?
    Because I'd like to help out with oekaki here, like moving around drawings when needed and locking topics and such. It seems really fun, in my perspective (and from what I have gained from being a global mod/admin from other sites, I have found it as fun!) I don't really have much else to say here, unfortunatly, I just want to help out here on the site and art is a big thing that interests me, so this would be the most interesting way for me to help out. c:
  • Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position (this is not required) (for example have you had any experience in peer mediation? Have you had a ton of experience using the oekaki program?)
    Being on this site for a year and a bit and from using oekaki after a few months of joining, yes I have experience using oekaki. I have experience with using a (bamboo) tablet too, so I could help out with that. (I know most of the functions of how Chibi paint works but I am still exploring!)
    。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆
    I am not active.
bear

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Yağmur » Tue Feb 26, 2013 11:39 pm

1.What date did you register as a CS member?: 9th of November 2009
2.How many posts have you made in the forum (at the time of applying): 7368
3.How many days a week do you usually visit CS? 7 days a week.
4.How many hours per day do you usually spend on CS, on a day that you do visit? At least 2 hours per day but more often then not, I am online on CS for 5 to 9 hours. I'll be on CS when ever I am on a computer.
5.Have you moderated on any other forums before? If so, please link to them No, I don't venture to any forums other then the CS forums.
6.Have you ever used the CS oekaki to draw? Very often, I have over 360 Oekaki drawings.
7.Do you ever spend much time browsing the oekaki board just to look at the art posted there? Pretty much all my time is spent in the oekaki boards nowadays. I love art and I love looking at other people's art. I don't comment very often, I am a person of few words but I definitely stalk the Oekaki boards often, especially Beginner's, Intermediate and Adoptable.
8.Why do you want to be an oekaki moderator for CS? I want to contribute back to this site and help out in some way. I'd espceially love to help out in the Oekaki forums since it's one of my favorite places on CS. When I visit the Oekaki boards, I often see drawings posted in the wrong place and sometimes I see amazing artworks in beginner's that I think would belong in intermediate. I like to be responsible and I love to answer questions to the best of my ability but only if it's directed at me or is in my business to answer them. If I am not a mod I am not going to but in.
9.Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position (this is not required) (for example have you had any experience in peer mediation? Have you had a ton of experience using the oekaki program?) I have a little bit of experience with peer mediation in real life. I don't mind getting in between a fight and breaking it up. I also like to stop and think about how a problem is formed and coming up with solutions to fix it. If questions are asked I love to give quick replies and hate inconveniencing others. I have pleanty of experience with the Oekaki program. I know how to use colour codes, how to make backgrounds transparent, what all the tools can do and that sort of thing. I also have some experience with tablets.
Last edited by Yağmur on Sat Mar 02, 2013 2:43 am, edited 2 times in total.
Are you looking for a hint? Stop clowning around!
⚠️I am an artist for CS. You can PM me but I cannot help you with your trades, the rules or moving/locking/deleting topics. ⚠️
~Click here to check out my trade thread~Click here to check out my characters~

Image Image Image
Image Image Image
~the above photos belong to me~
Yağmur
Official Artist

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby thє dσctσr » Tue Feb 26, 2013 11:52 pm

Tʜᴀɴᴋ ʏᴏᴜ ᴛᴇss, ғᴏʀ ᴛᴀᴋɪɴɢ ᴛʜᴇ ᴛɪᴍᴇ ᴛᴏ ʀᴇᴀᴅ ᴍʏ ғᴏʀᴍ.

Fʀɪ Jᴜɴ 22, 2012 10:43 ᴀᴍ
Sᴏ, I ʙᴇʟɪᴇᴠᴇ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ɪs sᴇᴠᴇɴ ᴍᴏɴᴛʜs ᴀɴᴅ ғɪᴠᴇ ᴅᴀʏs? ᴄ:

As ᴏғ ᴛʜᴇ ᴍᴏᴍᴇɴᴛ I ʜᴀᴠᴇ ᴍᴀᴅᴇ 3533. Tʜɪs ᴡɪʟʟ ᴘʀᴏʙᴀʙʟʏ ᴄʜᴀɴɢᴇ sɪɴᴄᴇ I ᴘᴏsᴛ ᴀ ʟᴏᴛ.

I ɢᴇᴛ ᴏɴ ᴄs ᴇᴠᴇʀʏ ᴅᴀʏ, ᴜɴʟᴇss I ᴀᴍ ᴄᴀᴍᴘɪɴɢ ᴏʀ ɪᴛ ɪs ᴀ ʜᴏʟɪᴅᴀʏ sᴜᴄʜ ᴀs ᴄʜʀɪsᴛᴍᴀs (Aɴᴅ ᴇᴠᴇɴ ᴏɴ ᴄʜʀɪsᴛᴍᴀs I ᴍɪɢʜᴛ sɴᴇᴀᴋ ᴀᴡᴀʏ ғʀᴏᴍ ᴛʜᴇ ғᴀᴍɪʟʏ ᴛᴏ ɢᴇᴛ ᴏɴ). Hᴏᴜʀʟʏ, I sᴘᴇɴᴅ ᴀʙᴏᴜᴛ 5 ᴏʀ ᴍᴏʀᴇ ʜᴏᴜʀs ᴀ ᴅᴀʏ. I ʜᴀᴠᴇ sᴏᴍᴇ ᴅᴀʏ's ᴡʜᴇʀᴇ I ɢᴇᴛ ᴏɴ ғᴏʀ 10 ᴏʀ ᴍᴏʀᴇ. Bᴜᴛ ᴛʜᴀᴛs ᴏɴʟʏ ɪғ I ʜᴀᴠᴇ ɴᴏᴛʜɪɴɢ ᴘʟᴀɴɴᴇᴅ ғᴏʀ ᴛʜᴇ ᴡᴇᴇᴋᴇɴᴅ. Iғ ʏᴏᴜ ᴄᴀɴ'ᴛ ᴛᴇʟʟ ʏᴇᴛ ᴛᴇss, I'ᴍ ᴋɪɴᴅᴀ ᴀ ᴄs ᴀᴅᴅɪᴄᴛ.

I ᴘᴇʀsᴏɴᴀʟʟʏ ʜᴀᴠᴇ ɴᴇᴠᴇʀ ᴍᴏᴅᴇʀᴀᴛᴇᴅ ᴀ ғᴏʀᴜᴍ ᴀɴᴅ ᴏʀ sɪᴛᴇ. I ʜᴀᴠᴇ ʙᴇᴇɴ ᴛʜᴇ ᴀᴅᴍɪɴ ғᴏʀ ᴀ ᴘᴇᴛ sɪᴛᴇ ʙᴇғᴏʀᴇ ɪᴛ sʜᴜᴛ ᴅᴏᴡɴ. Iᴛ ᴡᴀs ᴄᴀʟʟᴇᴅ ғᴏxᴛᴏᴡɴ. Iᴛ ᴡᴀsɴ'ᴛ ᴀ ᴠᴇʀʏ ʙɪɢ sɪᴛᴇ, ʙᴜᴛ ʜᴇʏ. A sɪᴛᴇ ɪs ᴀ sɪᴛᴇ. Sᴏ ᴄᴏɴᴄʟᴜsɪᴏɴ. Nᴏ, I ʀᴇᴀʟʟʏ ʜᴀᴠᴇɴ'ᴛ ᴍᴏᴅᴅᴇᴅ ʙᴇғᴏʀᴇ. Tʜɪs ᴡᴏᴜʟᴅ ʙᴇ ᴍʏ ғɪʀsᴛ ᴛɪᴍᴇ ᴄ:

I ᴜsᴇ ᴛʜᴇ ᴏᴇᴋᴀᴋɪ ᴇᴠᴇʀʏ sᴏ ᴏғᴛᴇɴ. I ɴᴏʀᴍᴀʟʟʏ ᴅᴏ ᴄᴏʟᴏʀ ɪɴs ᴏʀ ᴛʀʏ ᴍʏ ʙᴇsᴛ ᴀᴛ ᴍᴀᴋɪɴɢ ᴍʏ ᴏᴡɴ ᴀʀᴛ. I ᴛʜɪɴᴋ I ʜᴀᴠᴇ 2 ᴏʀ 3 ᴘᴀɢᴇs ᴏғ ᴀʀᴛ ɪɴ ᴍʏ ɢᴀʟʟᴀʀʏ.

Aʟʟ ᴛʜᴇ ᴛɪᴍᴇ. Mʏ ᴅᴀᴅ ʏᴇʟʟs ᴀᴛ ᴍᴇ ᴡʜᴇɴ I ᴅᴏ ʙᴇᴄᴀᴜsᴇ ʜᴇ ᴛʜɪɴᴋs ʟᴏᴏᴋɪɴɢ ᴀᴛ ᴀʀᴛ ɪs ᴜɴ-ᴘʀᴏᴅᴜᴄᴛɪᴠᴇ, ʙᴜᴛ ᴛʜᴇɴ I ᴄᴏɴᴠɪɴᴄᴇ ʜɪᴍ ɪᴛ ʜᴇʟᴘs ᴍᴇ ᴅʀᴀᴡ ʙᴇᴛᴛᴇʀ (: I ʟᴏᴠᴇ ʟᴏᴏᴋɪɴɢ ᴀᴛ ᴇᴠᴇʀʏ ᴏɴᴇs ᴅɪғғᴇʀᴇɴᴛ sᴛʏʟᴇs ᴀɴᴅ ɴᴏʀᴍᴀʟʟʏ ʟᴏᴏᴋ ᴛʜʀᴏᴜɢʜ ɪɴᴛᴇʀᴍᴇᴅɪᴀᴛᴇ.

Cs ɪs ᴛʜᴇ ᴍᴏsᴛ ᴀᴍᴀᴢɪɴɢ sɪᴛᴇ I ʜᴀᴠᴇ ғᴏᴜɴᴅ ᴛʜʀᴏᴜɢʜ ᴍʏ ʏᴇᴀʀs. Tʜᴇ ᴄᴏᴍᴍᴜɴɪᴛʏ ʜᴇʀᴇ ɪs sᴏ ɴɪᴄᴇ, ᴀɴᴅ ʜᴇʟᴘғᴜʟ I ʀᴇᴀʟʟʏ ᴡᴀɴᴛ ᴛᴏ ɢɪᴠᴇ ʙᴀᴄᴋ. Wʜᴀᴛ ʙᴇᴛᴛᴇʀ ᴡᴀʏ ᴛʜᴀɴ ᴛᴏ ʙᴇ ᴀ ᴍᴏᴅᴇʀᴀᴛᴏʀ ᴀɴᴅ ʜᴇʟᴘ ᴏᴜᴛ? I ᴊᴜsᴛ ᴛʜᴏᴜɢʜᴛ ᴛʜɪs ᴡᴏᴜʟᴅ ʙᴇ ᴀ ɢʀᴇᴀᴛ ᴘᴏsɪᴛɪᴏɴ ғᴏʀ ᴍᴇ. I ʟᴏᴠᴇ ᴅʀᴀᴡɪɴɢ, sᴏ ᴏᴇᴋᴀᴋɪ ᴍᴏᴅ ᴡᴏᴜʟᴅ ʙᴇ ᴘᴇʀғᴇᴄᴛ.

Iғ I ʙᴇᴄᴏᴍᴇ ᴏɴᴇ ᴏғ ᴛʜᴇ ᴏᴇᴋᴀᴋɪ ᴍᴏᴅs I ᴡᴏᴜʟᴅ ʙᴇ ʙʀɪɴɢɪɴɢ sᴏᴍᴇ sᴋɪʟʟs ᴛᴏ ᴛʜᴇ ᴛᴇᴀᴍ. I ᴀᴍ ᴘʀᴇᴛᴛʏ ɢᴏᴏᴅ ᴡɪᴛʜ ᴛʜᴇ ᴏᴇᴋᴀᴋɪ, sᴏ I ᴡᴏᴜʟᴅ ʙᴇ ᴀʙʟᴇ ᴛᴏ ᴇᴀsɪʟʏ ʜᴇʟᴘ ᴡɪᴛʜ ǫᴜᴇsᴛɪᴏɴs ᴀɴᴅ sᴜᴄʜ. Aʟsᴏ, I ᴡᴏᴜʟᴅ ʙᴇ ᴀʙʟᴇ ᴛᴏ sᴇᴛ ᴜᴘ ᴊᴏɪɴ.ᴍᴇ's sᴏ ᴘᴇᴏᴘʟᴇ ᴄᴏᴜʟᴅ sᴇᴇ sᴛᴇᴘ ʙʏ sᴛᴇᴘ ɪғ ᴛʜᴇʏ ɴᴇᴇᴅ ᴛᴏ. I ᴋɴᴏᴡ ᴛʜᴀᴛ sᴏᴍᴇᴛɪᴍᴇs, ɪᴛ's ʜᴀʀᴅ ᴛᴏ ɢᴏ ʙʏ ᴡʀɪᴛᴛᴇɴ ᴅɪʀᴇᴄᴛɪᴏɴs sᴏ I ᴛʜɪɴᴋ ᴛʜɪs ᴍᴀʏ ʙᴇ ʜᴇʟᴘғᴜʟ.
♡ ♥ ♡

✿ I am seeking the 09 UR Dog send me a trade with him ✿

∞ ISO C$ ∞

☆ current goal : reach 5000 with my fox hoard ☆

thє dσctσr

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby *JACKAL* » Wed Feb 27, 2013 12:01 am

What date did you register as a CS member?: 15 June 011

How many posts have you made in the forum? 2271 and counting, most of which is probably Oekaki related.

How many days a week do you usually visit CS? 24/7 literally

How many hours per day do you usually spend on CS, on a day that you do visit? 24/7, and have three months coming up that will have me on here even more.

Have you moderated on any other forums before? If so, please link to them. No I don't think I have. I have done a bit of mini modding around CS.

Have you ever used the CS oekaki to draw? All the time!

Again all the time. I actually picked up two oekakis the other day that were not allowed, advised the artist, sent link to rules, then reported for locking. But I like to look at up and coming artists, and even if an artist doesn't like their own work I'll comment on it if it caught my eye, or advise them on their art if they need it. I love to see all the styles of art that are out there.

I love CS! I really like getting involved with the running of it. I do tend to stumble on rule breakers and find myself advising them and giving links to relevant rules, mainly for the oekaki side of it too. Oekaki wise although I haven't done much art lately myself, I've never actually stopped floating through all the forums, including oekaki, to see what happening in CS world. But I'd like to be able to deal with any oekaki rule breaking myself instead of "double tapping" by reporting it as well. Also I feel that there tends to be a lot of art in the wrong place and report those to get moved a lot. This I basically feel I could and should do myself now.

Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position (this is not required) (for example have you had any experience in peer mediation? Have you had a ton of experience using the oekaki program?)
Tons of experience on Oekaki, and know all of it and how to adapt and make images transparent etc. one or the best art programmes going. helped out lots of members on CS with all sorts but mainly with Oekaki related problems. And love helping anyone who asks regardless of the time they have been on CS. Ace with BB Code, if it's needed (usually works well with Oekaki related things anyway!). Good at advising without upsetting. My last job was as a soldier so have leadership skills and have dealt with plenty of problems in life!

Good luck all!
Last edited by *JACKAL* on Sat Mar 02, 2013 3:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.

█ ▌
█ ▌
█ ▌
█ ▌
█ ▌
█ ▌
█ ▌
█ ▌
█ ▌
█ ▌
█ ▌
█ ▌

▌█
▌█
▌█
▌█
▌█
▌█
▌█
▌█

Image..Image..Image..Image..Image..Image..Image..Image
*JACKAL*

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby sapiosexual » Wed Feb 27, 2013 12:27 am

Thank you for taking time to read my form as I know there will probably be many after mine. I wish you the best of luck in choosing your oekaki moderators.

--

What date did you register as a CS member?:
I joined Saturday July 7th, 2012. However, I have had a previous account from 2010.
How many posts have you made in the forum (at the time of applying):
I have made 5039 posts so far, but I am more than certain that I'll make some more today.
How many days a week do you usually visit CS?:
I visit CS seven days a week for long periods of time.
How many hours per day do you usually spend on CS, on a day that you do visit?:
On weekdays in which I have school, I am on for about 7 hours. However, on the weekends I have been known to be on all day, perhaps 12 hours or so.
Have you moderated on any other forums before? If so, please link to them:
I don't go on many other websites besides CS itself, however I do have experience moderating with small sites such as Clans of Grace and roleplaying forums here on CS. I think this is a great chance at gaining more experience. (:
Have you ever used the CS oekaki to draw?:
Yes, I have, though I am not the best drawer. I simply color things in. I do have ChibiPaint for my desktop and I do draw occasionally and do experiments that I do not post in the CS oekaki.
Do you ever spend much time browsing the oekaki board just to look at the art posted there?:
I spend most of my time there, yes. It's wonderful seeing all of the wonderful art that some users are capable of.
Why do you want to be an oekaki moderator for CS?:
I enjoy helping out with enforcing rules and related tasks. I also enjoy helping out newer members and answering questions. I do know the ropes in modding and I would like to help this site out in any way possible. I would like to gain some more experience in website moderating and would love to be apart of the wonderful team here on CS as be a more helpful user in the community. I spend a lot of time here on CS and know the rules basically by heart. I can remain even-tempered in any given situation, though there are times in which I was able to deal with something that's against the rules on my own instead of having to wait until a staff member comes online to take care of the problem. I would like to give something back to CS for being there for me and help out in any way I can and I think I can do that by making CS enjoyable for all members and keeping the oekaki section clean.
Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position (this is not required) (for example have you had any experience in peer mediation? Have you had a ton of experience using the oekaki program?):
I have had a lot of experience using the oekaki program. Many people have classified me as mature, patient and helpful and someone who deals calmly with conflict; that's who I'm striving to be. I have had experience with leadership and I find myself capable of holding a position like this for a long period of time. (:
sapiosexual

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby mare. » Wed Feb 27, 2013 12:34 am

APPLICATION

What date did you register as a CS member?: (if it's less than 6 months ago, do not apply)
I registered on February 4th 2012

How many posts have you made in the forum (at the time of applying): (if it's less than 300, do not apply)
I've posted 813 times, and counting on

Usually all seven, sometimes I might miss a day though

4 hours or more, I've found this site to be very entertaining

I don't believe I have, though I think Chicken Smoothie would be a great start

I used to all the time, but I was never good at drawing with a mouse, so I mostly color in now.

I love looking at the art there, especially beginners Oekaki because there are so many great, under appreciated artists who should be in intermediate.

I'd like to try to veer away from the 'cause I'd be great' reason and say that CS deserves to be a clean website. If people don't have the respect for Chicken Smoothie to post adequate drawings, then they won't have my respect either. I'm not gonna say that you can't find more experienced people than me, because you definitely can, but I just feel the need to speak up against those people so we don't harm the minds of children and even some older people here on CS. I also hate when I look through some of the forums and see a bunch of great artwork in the Beginner's Oekaki, and am just itching while waiting for them to get moved

Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position (this is not required) (for example have you had any experience in peer mediation? Have you had a ton of experience using the oekaki program?)
I have to say that I don't have tons of experience with the Oekaki, but I tend to be very calm in emergency situations. I remember a great semi-literate role-play I had, and everything was great until I denied a form. The user went berserk and called me a couple bad names, and I got a little angry, so... I wrote a letter I never sent to get my anger out, then returned to the situation and addressed the user. We managed to sort everything out before it got bad enough to report.

And I wish great luck to everyone, and pre-competition congratulations to whoever wins!
Last edited by mare. on Wed Feb 27, 2013 9:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
That's my JMD Notte. She's always looking for friends and
role-plays, pm me if you want to do something with her.

Feeling ;;
Hungry

Doing ;;
Baking cookies

Crush ;;
No one yet

{ My JMDs }
{ Design Competition }
mare.

My pets
My items
My wishlist