Applications open for: Fanart Archivist (CLOSED)

Announcements about events or changes to the website and forum

Applications open for: Fanart Archivist (CLOSED)

Postby Tess » Sun Mar 09, 2014 1:26 pm

We need a few more of our biggest fans to help keep the fan site updated!

You can see our fanart gallery here: http://fans.chickensmoothie.com/

This is not a "staff" position exactly, the only area of the site you'll gain access to is the fanart archive itself so that you can post the latest submissions and keep it up to date.

Please apply if you're interested in supporting CS and its fans by regularly displaying users' artwork and writing in the fanart archive!

HTML and coding knowledge is not required. Long-term members are preferred (active member for at least 6 months). Users who have a history of commenting on or contributing to the fanart archive will be given priority (but not if you only start commenting there today!). We will hire at least 2 people for this position :)

General Helpers and regular members can apply, and there is no age restriction, but COPPA users and current staff cannot apply :(

Some more info about what the job involves:
  • Each archivist hired should only need to update the archive about 1 - 4 times a month. As long as everyone takes turns then it won't be a big job! It might take about an hour or 2 to get one session completed, but the more you do it the faster you'll get
  • The images and writing submitted by users will be sent to a private fanart email address which you will have access to
  • You just need to check the email and save the appropriate submissions so that afterward you can upload them to the archive. Once they're uploaded you can delete them from your computer
  • Some submissions are not considered appropriate for the archive since they don't include CS pets/content (many people just send us pictures of their fursona or things like that) so you would need to sort through those and tell people why their submission isn't accepted
  • All the editing is done using the Weebly.com blog user interface and is quite easy to learn. You don't need any prior knowledge or coding skills to use it.
  • It's not particularly difficult or time-consuming if everyone is taking turns. But it helps provide a great service to CS members!

APPLICATION: (please copy, and post your answers in this topic)

How many hours do you usually spend on CS on an average day?:
How many days a week do you usually visit CS?:
Have you ever had something of yours published in the fanart archive? If so, can you link us to the page or say which month/year it was?:
Why do you want to be a fanart archivist?:

APPLICATIONS WILL ONLY REMAIN OPEN FOR A FEW DAYS, SO GET YOUR APPLICATION IN NOW!
Click here if you need help from CS Staff or General Helpers!
Tess
Admin

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Applications open for: Fanart Archivist (all ages)

Postby PeachFuzz » Sun Mar 09, 2014 1:38 pm

How many hours do you usually spend on CS on an average day?: usually 2 to 6 hours depending on school/family stuff.
How many days a week do you usually visit CS?: every day
Have you ever had something of yours published in the fanart archive? If so, can you link us to the page or say which month/year it was?: yup: http://fans.chickensmoothie.com/4/post/ ... -2014.html
Why do you want to be a fanart archivist?: I love CS and I want to help out. I know regular members are still an important part, but I just feel like I'm not doing enough for this wonderful site! I love art, so I think this job would 'fit' me well.
I'd be happy to help organize the fanart gallery! c: I'm a very neat, organized person. I fold and sort my socks by colour+pattern+style o.o
Last edited by PeachFuzz on Sun Mar 09, 2014 2:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image Image Image
PeachFuzz

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby esoteric » Sun Mar 09, 2014 1:39 pm

On my average day, I'd say I am on Chicken Smoothie for about 5 hours to be
honest.

I am normally on Chicken Smoothie everyday unless otherwise.

Have you ever had something of yours published in the fanart archive?
If so, can you link us to the page or say which month/year it was?:

I have not published any of my art in the fanart archive, for I am not going to lie. But I am planning
on a little somethin' somthin' soon. c:

I have forever longed to help Chicken Smoothie in some way. And I was thinking
how I could, and I saw this and new I would be able to try out for the job. I know
I probably won't win, due to so many people, so many possibilities..But, I think
I have a shot. Also, I thought a little bit more and noticed I love looking at art,
and I am often on the fanart page a lot actually. So, now instead of just looking at
the art, I could be helping it stay organized. And trust me, I am a orginaztion freak.
I love keeping things nice and clean, and making them look pretty and such, it gives
me a feeling as if I did something good. I also am very good at coding, which could come
in handy! Also, I have so much free time on Chicken Smoothie and I often spend it looking
through my old posts, and now I've them all, and it could give me something to do. Instead
of doing something that really won't pay off, just hours of looking through posts gets old after
a while! <3

((I know, I've edited a few times, I'm thinking of more and more reasons why I want to be an artist! <3))
Last edited by esoteric on Mon Mar 10, 2014 11:16 am, edited 3 times in total.
chicken smoothian since '14
esoteric

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Applications open for: Fanart Archivist

Postby X-Cat » Sun Mar 09, 2014 1:42 pm

2-3 occasionally I can get on for 5 hours on early Saturday mornings
All 7 days I visit CS as often as possible (In which if I gte the job I will notify you guys if I am away)
Have you ever had something of yours published in the fanart archive? If so, can you link us to the page or say which month/year it was?:
No, I have not but I have drawn few fan art pieces they just have not been submitted.
To begin Chicken Smoothie is one of the best parts of my day I love everything about the site and the one thing I want more than anything I to be able to lend a helping hand to it. I have missed the applications for General Helpers and was not old enough to become a Role Play moderator or Okaki moderator, so this is the first chance I have had to fill out an application. Though I have never posted anything on the fanart galleries I will sometimes spend hours at a time looking at other users art and admiring it and of course checking organization and such without being able to make any changes. I also am a fan fiction and fan artist myself and support all the art that is posted and as I said before admire it and often wish to post. I am a member on DeviantArt and post my fan creations actively but have not yet had a chance to do such with Chicken Smoothie. And to be truthful I have occasionally spent my almost entire time on Cs looking at fan creations. I also for some reason enjoy organizing to clean things up and make them "look" better. As this is with my real life I also strive to do it with my profile on websites and why not for a whole community? Doing this would also be enjoyable and a way to keep on Chicken Smoothie even longer for if I say I'm helping organize a site my parents may let me continue instead of saying what I am doing is pointless. I also have some experience with coding (thanks to my best friend) and that may help me with the position. Thank you to Tess and all the other mods for making my dream possibly come true! Good luck to all the applicants!
Last edited by X-Cat on Fri Mar 14, 2014 1:05 am, edited 2 times in total.

Hi I'm X-Cat!
I'm a grad student
doing immunology research
I'm trying to collect all
the cats on this website

Trading all fodder
for cats on my WL!
Tumblr
Flight Rising
Credit

X-Cat

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Klea » Sun Mar 09, 2014 2:01 pm

- Yay, 2 position openings at once! Oekaki Mod and Fanart Archivist?! I think I will pass on the Oekaki Moderator stuff, but this Fanart Archivist position, I accept! :lol: (Hopefully made you smile before you read my application c;)

On an average day, I put in anywhere from 30 minutes-3 hours plus or minus... depending on the amount of work I have c: (Some of the time will be off and on, but I will be able to spend more time on weekends) (If needed, I can finish the remainder of my work, or do my work over the weekend, because I am usually free)

I usually visit at least 5 or 6 days a week, unless I have a lot of work on a certain day c:

Nope. I haven't even submitted anything, as I am not an artist c:

Wow. Well, my last answer to one of the questions probably disqualifies me. :lol:
But wow, where to begin?! I would love to be a fanart archivist! I want to keep it fairly simple, because I know that you will be receiving a lot of applications, so I will do my best to keep it plain and simple c;

1. I would love to spend my time "wisely" on CS, and by that, I mean not sitting and waiting for a trade to come in, or for a new question to be asked, or for a new user to register. Because I often welcome users and help answer questions... but when I am finished with that, what else can I do? Well, this is the perfect opportunity for me!!!! This is the perfect way for me to make a difference! c:

2. Kind of going off what I said in the first point, I want to make a difference. I enjoy helping, and putting in effort while doing so. I would put effort into logging the fanart and such, and wouldn't "waste" your time. I like doing things right the first time, and being able to look back at my work and smile. Basically, I like to take pride in my work, so I try and do it to the best of my ability c:

3. It will be lots of fun! I like spending time on CS, but it would be even better if I could help out. So why not become a fanart archivist? It will be a great experience, that I would really enjoy! Yep, it would be awesome! c:

4. Well, I would really love to become one of the future Fanart Archivists, and I hope I explained my motives well c:

- Good luck chosing the new archivist (s)... as I am sure there will be many applicants! :D
Last edited by Klea on Wed Mar 12, 2014 11:56 am, edited 6 times in total.
▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆
▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆

a good rider can hear
his horse speak to him.

Really wanting: DECEMBER 18 PETS

Need help? Pm me - Trade with me - my suggestion

siggy made by flawless.
Klea

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby BooDaBear001 » Sun Mar 09, 2014 2:32 pm

How many hours do you usually spend on CS on an average day?: about 2-6 hours otherwise more or less.
How many days a week do you usually visit CS?: 7 depending on if I'm working or If I'm out Hanging with friends.
I have at least 7 Drawings soon there will be more. Jan. Feb. and March.
Why do you want to be a fanart archivist?: I have always wanted to help Chicken Smoothie, Even though we all stand out in our own ways, I felt like art was my thing ever since i've started drawing perfectly. My siblings were always proud of me standing out in art.
It felt like I was my own person to take care of. I felt different. Ever since i found out on the first day i came to Chicken smoothie,
I did art. I wanted to be like everyone else, good at art on a computer. I am still learning, but I'm getting used to the smaller scratchpad.
x
x╔══════════════╗
xsup, my discord is
xxboodabear001#8619
xxif any of yall wanna chat
x╚══════════════╝
x╔══════════════╗
x╚══════════════╝
BooDaBear001

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby etho » Sun Mar 09, 2014 2:36 pm

How many hours do you usually spend on CS on an average day?: About 5-7 hours
How many days a week do you usually visit CS?: Every day of the week
Have you ever had something of yours published in the fanart archive? If so, can you link us to the page or say which month/year it was?: Yes, right here. I had the username 'etho' at the time, but I did the sunback/sunjewels holding the bump signs.
Why do you want to be a fanart archivist?: I've been a member since 2010, and I was immediately in love with Chicken Smoothie. Ever since I have arrived, I've been making new friends and meeting an amazing community, and along the way I adequately learned how CS works and how it runs. Helping members and the CS community has always been something I loved, and being a fanart archivist will allow me to help CS' members by recording fanart for everyone to see.

There are a lot of talented artists here, and browsing fanart (and all types of art in general) has to be one of my favorite things to do here on Chicken Smoothie, and anywhere in general. This job seems like a lot of work, but also a lot of fun. I love to see what the users of Chicken Smoothie can create, and I'd love to help record the art in the archive.

I think being an archivist would be a great way to help members, and show off amazing artwork our community has to offer. As an active enthusiast, I very do much enjoy seeing new art of CS' new adoptables, I love seeing people's different interpretations on pets; and how they end up expressing that interpretation in a drawing. I do not post on the archives that often, but I do in fact keep a close eye on it.

This seems like a very fun job, and I'd like to help out Chicken Smoothie in any way I can, and keep it very organized. My desire is to be in some way a help to Chicken Smoothie and it's community. I'm one of the library assistants at my school, and I picked up skills of organization and order; and maybe somehow I can use these skills while archiving. I also have made a few sites on Weebly, and I'm already super familiar with where everything is and how to work the website.

I'd love to see Chicken Smoothie, and the archive, running neat and smoothly. Thank you!
Last edited by etho on Mon Mar 10, 2014 11:49 am, edited 5 times in total.

hi i'm an artist
all the pets in the group titled "free" are free. you can send a request and you can
have any you want. please also respect that i'm not just a free pet machine.
don't ask for 200 pets without a message- be courteous to others

etho

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby serl » Sun Mar 09, 2014 2:37 pm

How many hours do you usually spend on CS on an average day?:As much I can get my little 'paws' on!
How many days a week do you usually visit CS?:As much as I can.(Usally everyday)
Have you ever had something of yours published in the fanart archive? If so, can you link us to the page or say which month/year it was?:I totally would if my oekaki would work!I will check out the fanart right now ^_^ Its in the oekaki right?Just kidding :D I would love someone to show me something I haven't seen ^_^
Why do you want to be a fanart archivist?:To be a helper,I really love spending time doing something hard working and helping.I will do my best to do this job.
╔═════════════╗

kaia/serl
she | paper rad#2431
hi i'm serl <3 my special interest is
cats! currently, i'm hyperfixating on the
idolm@ster, touhou, and chicken
smoothie! i'm a big rhythm game fan
and i frequent my local arcade! i also
really love music <3 my favorite
genres are happy hardcore, denpa,
classic rock, mashcore, & vocal trance!

╚═════════════╝
serl

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby chunkypeanutbutter » Sun Mar 09, 2014 2:40 pm

How many hours do you usually spend on CS on an average day?: 7-5 hours on average
How many days a week do you usually visit CS?: At least once, every single day
Have you ever had something of yours published in the fanart archive? If so, can you link us to the page or say which month/year it was?: Nope. I've been meaning to make some fanart but I've never gotten around to it. I think I have some really old things I've made, but I've never gotten the chance to submit any!
Why do you want to be a fanart archivist?: I just really like helping out and I think it would be a nice job to have, organizing all of the wonderful fan art other members have made sounds fun ^u^
chunkypeanutbutter

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby butchazurite » Sun Mar 09, 2014 2:53 pm

I spend at least four hours every time I'm on
I usually go on 7 days unless I have extra homework or something comes up
I haven't but I would love to make fan art and plan on it
I love helping people and it would be quite fun seeing different people's artwork and styles. I would like to work on my coding skills and this is a great opportunity for me. I have always wanted to help chickensmoothie in some way and this is something I think I can do and enjoy.
butchazurite

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me