New Rule: DNI (Do Not Interact) Lists are Banned

Announcements about events or changes to the website and forum

Re: New Rule: DNI (Do Not Interact) Lists are Banned

Postby KrillTakoyaki » Sat Jan 15, 2022 2:23 pm

miosha wrote:all of you are saying "they wont know" but do you realise how many people have fandoms on their dni list? theyre gonna know that! :-]

I believe that some people in a fandom listed on someone’s DNI may think “well, if I don’t mention the fandom I’m in then it isn’t hurting anyone.” and interact with that person anyway. it’s hard to know a person’s interests unless they publically list them, or choose to discuss them with you.
Last edited by KrillTakoyaki on Sat Jan 15, 2022 3:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
xImage
┌───────┐

🪻Charlie 🪻

🪻They 🪻

🪻Adult 🪻

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 Scotland 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

└───────┘

𝘐𝘵'𝘴 𝘪𝘮𝘱𝘰𝘴𝘴𝘪𝘣𝘭𝘦 𝘵𝘰 𝘣𝘦 𝘭𝘰𝘯𝘦𝘭𝘺 𝘸𝘩𝘦𝘯 𝘺𝘰𝘶'𝘳𝘦 𝘻𝘦𝘴𝘵𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘢𝘯 𝘰𝘳𝘢𝘯𝘨𝘦.
𝘚𝘤𝘳𝘢𝘱𝘦 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘴𝘰𝘧𝘵 𝘳𝘪𝘯𝘥 𝘰𝘯𝘤𝘦 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘸𝘩𝘰𝘭𝘦 𝘳𝘰𝘰𝘮 𝘧𝘪𝘭𝘭𝘴 𝘸𝘪𝘵𝘩 𝘧𝘳𝘶𝘪𝘵.
𝘓𝘰𝘰𝘬 𝘢𝘳𝘰𝘶𝘯𝘥: 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘩𝘢𝘷𝘦 𝘮𝘰𝘳𝘦 𝘵𝘩𝘢𝘯 𝘦𝘯𝘰𝘶𝘨𝘩.
𝘈𝘭𝘸𝘢𝘺𝘴 𝘩𝘢𝘷𝘦.
𝘠𝘰𝘶 𝘫𝘶𝘴𝘵 𝘥𝘪𝘥𝘯'𝘵 𝘯𝘰𝘵𝘪𝘤𝘦 𝘶𝘯𝘵𝘪𝘭 𝘯𝘰𝘸.

ImageImageImageImageImage

┌───────┐

└───────┘
xImage
KrillTakoyaki

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby VampireKilljoy » Sat Jan 15, 2022 2:26 pm

Seasonal wrote:Our staff mainly rely on reports to find rule-breaking content. If you see someone with something on their profile that is not permitted, then the best course of action is to report the user. We do remove content as we see it, but it is impossible for us to see every single rule-breaking instance on every single user's profile.

H4RGR0VE wrote:
onion wrote:this aint it imo

edit;; if this is seriously gonna be a rule btw i better see yall mods cracking down on absolutely everyone with a dni list on their carrd. btw good luck with that, because youll probably need it seeing as how many people have dni lists :/ removing mine now thooo i dont see why i should

Yeah they forced me to get rid of my age on toyhouse, but the link I put on the site didn't have my age anywhere, they actively seeked out my age to tell me to remove it lol

Rules for the Site and Forum wrote:
    Do not share or ask for personal/identifying information.

• This rule applies to all members, including adults, and is designed to keep you safe on Chicken Smoothie and in the real world.

• You are not allowed to link to profiles or pages where this information can be found.

What IS considered personal information:

• Your age (including age ranges such as 13-15 or 17+) or full birthdate.

Yeah we get it. But my age was ON TOYHOUSE and the link I posted on cs DID NOT show my age anywhere. Whoever the mod was that made me remove it actively seeked out my age and forced me to remove it.
ImageJack | Adult | TakenImage

Image Image Image

VampireKilljoy

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ⰩⰏⰛ » Sat Jan 15, 2022 2:29 pm

hi, i assume this would apply also to off-site profiles (such as cs linked discord servers), correct? DNI lists are common on carrds on discord profiles, so we will need to deal with this off-site too. thanks!
ⰩⰏⰛ

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Lacuna » Sat Jan 15, 2022 2:32 pm

H4RGR0VE wrote:Yeah we get it. But my age was ON TOYHOUSE and the link I posted on cs DID NOT show my age anywhere. Whoever the mod was that made me remove it actively seeked out my age and forced me to remove it.

It is the most likely scenario that another user was browsing your toyhou.se from the link you posted, found your age, and reported it. The rule clarifies that the information should not be able to be found from there, so if you link a character on toyhou.se but your main profile has your age, that violates the rule. This rule is in place because if it was not, people would just link to a cardd (for example) with all the info that breaks CS privacy rules past the home screen click.

I cannot stress enough how much user reports contribute to the enforcement of the personal information rule (and will to the DNI rule). I'd say it's only about 5% of the time that a moderator is the one browsing who finds the rule-breaking content. We cannot check every profile, which is why we have a reporting system.

Yes, any links including CS linked Discord servers and profiles must follow our rules.
Lacuna
Roleplay Moderator

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby lugia492 » Sat Jan 15, 2022 2:33 pm

miosha wrote:
Squecca wrote:
miosha wrote:honestly theres so many issues to this new rule, we have dni lists for a reason. we dont want anyone gross interacting with us, especially if they actively know how gross they are????

some of us (including myself!) have extreme anxiety, and some other mental illnesses that get in the way of things like this. ive gotten into multiple mental breakdowns just from someone on my dni list interacting with me, and just thinking about it just makes me feel like regurgitating.

not to mention some people (also including myself) have ptsd that makes it difficult to talk to people that fit into their dni lists! either the cs mods are incredibly ableist or just dont know what theyre doing with this rule.

Definitely block the people you don't want to interact with you! And don't the fact that they do still interact with you kinda proves that DNI lists don't work? I don't think mean people are going to respect DNI lists.

dni lists still make us feel safer. it feels so unsafe just letting anyone interact with you without having something on your profile to say Not to. also what do you want me to do? investigate every single cs user and figure out which ones to block? its not that easy <3

i hate to say it, but this *is* the internet. You can't control who sees your profile or interacts with you, but you can block people who bother you. As others have said, DNI lists generally make you a target as they list things you don't like. Mean people won't suddenly stop being mean and respect your DNI rules, they'll just see them and take it as an invitation to harass you. It's much safer to keep that personal information about what bothers you to yourself and just quietly block people who make you uncomfortable.
lugia492

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Guest » Sat Jan 15, 2022 2:35 pm

As an adult player, am I still able to say something like, for example, "please don't send me a PM if you are a minor since I am an adult", or is that too similar to DNI?

Postby Mew » Sat Jan 15, 2022 2:40 pm

Thank you! I agree with this new rule.

she | her
infj-t

|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
“I have no idea where this will lead us,
but I have a definite feeling it will
be a place both wonderful and strange.”

ㅤㅤㅤ― Dale Cooper, Twin Peaks

Mew

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby peaches_ » Sat Jan 15, 2022 2:46 pm

this is good! dni lists are often way too specific/exclusionary, and they seem unnecessary especially since cs is so well-moderated!
Image Image Image
peaches_

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby VampireKilljoy » Sat Jan 15, 2022 2:48 pm

Lacuna wrote:
H4RGR0VE wrote:Yeah we get it. But my age was ON TOYHOUSE and the link I posted on cs DID NOT show my age anywhere. Whoever the mod was that made me remove it actively seeked out my age and forced me to remove it.

It is the most likely scenario that another user was browsing your toyhou.se from the link you posted, found your age, and reported it. The rule clarifies that the information should not be able to be found from there, so if you link a character on toyhou.se but your main profile has your age, that violates the rule. This rule is in place because if it was not, people would just link to a cardd (for example) with all the info that breaks CS privacy rules past the home screen click.

I cannot stress enough how much user reports contribute to the enforcement of the personal information rule (and will to the DNI rule). I'd say it's only about 5% of the time that a moderator is the one browsing who finds the rule-breaking content. We cannot check every profile, which is why we have a reporting system.

Yes, any links including CS linked Discord servers and profiles must follow our rules.

I'll never make a CS discord anyway, I'd rather not have my personal life policed on the only site I have to myself <3
ImageJack | Adult | TakenImage

Image Image Image

VampireKilljoy

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby bluestyle » Sat Jan 15, 2022 2:49 pm

peaches_ wrote:this is good! dni lists are often way too specific/exclusionary, and they seem unnecessary especially since cs is so well-moderated!

ok honestly saying this is just sad, i beg to differ.

a lot of you seem to not realise that most of people WITH dni lists are anxious about who interact with them. even though you all are saying "ooo haha theyre gonna think thats a weakness hahahaha lol" we dont see it that way we see it as a way for us to be COMFORTABLE. all you all are doing is just trying to MAKE us seem unsafe, which, what a way to "well-moderate" your site!
bluestyle

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me