Global Moderators - Now chosen.

Announcements about events or changes to the website and forum

Global Moderators - Now chosen.

Postby Tess » Wed Mar 09, 2011 6:20 pm

It's that time again, when CS has grown so much that we need more moderators!

Applications will close within a few days if we have had enough good applications. Myself and several of the current staff will help pick the successful applicants, and we are looking to gain around 2 - 3 new moderators. We will be most interested in members who have previously proven themselves to be mature, respectful, friendly, active members of CS.

Please read the whole topic before posting or applying, because I'll just delete your posts if it becomes clear that you haven't bothered.

The job available is for a Global Moderator. The duties of a mod include (but are not limited to):
  1. Checking and approving 'first posts'/COPPA'd members posts before they appear in the forum (and disapproving posts which don't meet CS rules)
  2. Deleting, editing, or locking off-topic posts, bullying, inappropriate content, and spam from around the site
  3. Moving topics which have been placed in the wrong board
  4. Responding to topic/post/PM reports where players have identified a problem
  5. Dealing with art theft
  6. Helping to sort out disputes between members and acting without bias
  7. Warning members who have broken site rules
  8. Referring members to an admin or senior moderator if their behavior warrants a ban

As a moderator your role is basically to reduce the levels of nastiness, spam, and inappropriate content on the site to ensure that it is as fun, safe, and friendly as possible for all players. This role sometimes (and often) involves warning trouble-makers for bad behavior, to remind them of what is expected of them.

Many players will not be happy about being warned (even when 'caught red-handed') and some will let you know about this (read: explosively rage at/about you). You need to be able to deal calmly with conflict, without getting offended or upset. You need to be aware that sometimes you'll gain enemies despite the fact that you've only acted in a calm and reasonable manner.

As a moderator you will gain access to some private information about players like their warning history. You need to have respect for other players' rights to confidentiality and not share any of this information with other people. You shouldn't use this information for anything which doesn't directly relate to your duties as a moderator for CS.

You should use your moderating abilities only where required, and not use them to take advantage of situations for yourself or other players.

Please DO NOT APPLY if you...

...are younger than 18, or if you're old enough but still uncomfortable dealing with occasional adult images or language. In the past, we allowed members of any age to join as moderators, but recently the moderators have had to deal with an influx of spam bots (this is the first-post approval task which I mentioned earlier), some of which post adult material and images. As it is your job to protect the rest of the site from viewing this content, it wouldn't be appropriate to give you the job if you're likely to be offended by that content. I'm not going to ask for your age, because we don't ask for/share that information on CS, but if you're a member from the US then we probably have your birthdate on record so there's no point in applying if you're 14 years old.

...have previously had warnings for bullying, fighting, cheating, or art theft; unless these warnings were later cleared by a staff member, happened a long time ago, or were not particularly serious (e.g. forgot to credit a reference properly)

...have been a member for less than 8 months

...have made fewer than 300 forum posts

...spend less than 2 hours on CS on your average day

So, do you think you have got what it takes to be a CS moderator?

APPLICATON
  1. What date did you register as a CS member?: (if it's less than 8 months ago, do not apply)
  2. How many posts have you made in the forum (at the time of applying): (if it's less than 300, do not apply)
  3. Without posting your age, are you old enough (and willing) to risk seeing adult content when screening posts that are waiting for moderator approval: (If you don't know what I'm talking about, read the first post again)
  4. How many days a week do you usually visit CS?
  5. How many hours per day do you usually spend on CS, on a day that you do visit?
  6. Have you moderated on any other forums before? If so, please link to them
  7. Now the important question: Why do you want to be a moderator for CS?
  8. Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position (this is not required) (for example do you speak any other languages, or have you had any experience in peer mediation?)

PLEASE DO NOT POST IN THIS TOPIC UNLESS YOU ARE APPLYING, OR WANT TO ASK A QUESTION ABOUT THE JOB OR APPLICATIONS.

Posts along the lines of 'aww, I'm not old enough' or 'I hope you get hired Sally your application is really good' will be deleted.
Click here if you need help from CS Staff or General Helpers!
Tess
Admin

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Global Moderators - Now Hiring! READ BEFORE POSTING

Postby DistantFootsteps » Wed Mar 09, 2011 6:27 pm

Tess wrote: Please DO NOT APPLY if you...

...are younger than 18, or any age if you are uncomfortable dealing with occasional adult images or language.

does this mean we can apply if we are a tad younger than 18 if we are comfortable with dealing with the occasional adult image or language?
ImageImage[/center]
DistantFootsteps

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Tess » Wed Mar 09, 2011 6:32 pm

it means you should be at least 18, but people older than 18 who are not comfortable with that kind of content shouldn't apply either. (Reworded now so it should be less ambiguous)

I don't know everyone's age, so I'm relying on people to be honest about their age and maturity level. If I knew you to be slightly younger, acceptance of your application would be at our discretion (and not guaranteed).
Tess
Admin

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Coalchaser » Wed Mar 09, 2011 7:00 pm

What date did you register as a CS member?: June 17, 2009

How many posts have you made in the forum (at the time of applying): 2638

Without posting your age, are you old enough (and willing) to risk seeing adult content when screening posts that are waiting for moderator approval: Yes, I am a legal adult in the USA and I am used to seeing adult content. :3

How many days a week do you usually visit CS? Every day.

How many hours per day do you usually spend on CS, on a day that you do visit? Disregarding the past two months while I was away, I typically spend anywhere from 3 to 5 hours, depending on the day of the week.

Have you moderated on any other forums before? No.

Now the important question: Why do you want to be a moderator for CS? Mainly, I would love to be a moderator because I rather enjoy answering questions and keeping things organized. For the most part, I'm a easy going person who can remain even-tempered in any given situation, and who has the patience to deal with the same problems over and over again. I understand that enforcing the rules of CS requires someone know when to be forgiving and when to use a firm hand. Moderators tend to take a lot of abuse, but I believe I can handle whatever is thrown my way without taking offense and without losing my cool; making enemies is not a concern of mine at all. I have no problem whatsoever dishing out warnings when necessary and removing any content that does not belong on CS. Also, I promise that I would never share any confidential material in any way, shape, or form with another member.

On a more personal level, CS has grown to be somewhat of an internet home to me, if that makes any sense, so I'd love to give back to it in any way I can. ^^

Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position? Not sure if this counts, but I have a decent enough eye for art theft, having been stalking many of the most well-known internet artists for the past 10 years.
Last edited by Coalchaser on Thu Mar 10, 2011 7:26 am, edited 2 times in total.

deviantart
tumblr
FR
twitter
help tickets
Coalchaser

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby anklebiters » Wed Mar 09, 2011 7:06 pm

is it alright if i make a fourm have been on for 7 months
anklebiters

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Tess » Wed Mar 09, 2011 7:12 pm

No sorry, you need to have been here for 8 months, but keep an eye out for future applications because not all positions will have the same strict requirements
Tess
Admin

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Mozzy. » Wed Mar 09, 2011 7:15 pm

1.What date did you register as a CS member?:
September 27, 2008.
2.How many posts have you made in the forum (at the time of applying):
Around 910.
3.Without posting your age, are you old enough (and willing) to risk seeing adult content when screening posts that are waiting for moderator approval:
I am mature enough to handle anything that comes my way, even the not so nice things, but I am underage.
4.How many days a week do you usually visit CS?
Usually everyday, but I may miss a day or two for study and other comitments.
5.How many hours per day do you usually spend on CS, on a day that you do visit?
1-2 hours, maybe more. Depends really on how much work I have, not that much I can't get on at all. And also if I have any personal arangements.
6.Have you moderated on any other forums before? If so, please link to them:
I was the co-owner/mod for H10.3 Horse SIM.
I mini-modded this thread.
7.Now the important question: Why do you want to be a moderator for CS?
I would love the chance to become a Global Moderator, it would be a nice and welcoming challenge. I love challenges. I have been waiting for an oportunity like this for ages, and now it has come and I will try my best to achieve my goal.
I believe I can help with the running of Chicken Smoothie alot. CS is my internet home, I even ditched Facebook because it's way better.
8.Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position:
I am able to read and understand basic French.
I am a peer leader for younger students at my school and so have much experience in dealing with tough situations.

Sorry if any 'o' are missing, that button is refusing to work right now.
moz | female | aedt | mozzy#1556
Mozzy.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Oddly Shaded » Wed Mar 09, 2011 7:32 pm

What date did you register as a CS member?: 31st October 2009
How many posts have you made in the forum (at the time of applying): 6835
Without posting your age, are you old enough (and willing) to risk seeing adult content when screening posts that are waiting for moderator approval: I am very mature and am willing to handle anything thrown at me. I am under the age of 18 though.
How many days a week do you usually visit CS? I am online at least once a day. Sometimes even twice a day.
How many hours per day do you usually spend on CS, on a day that you do visit? I will spend hours on here, i am usually online until i run out of things to do.
Have you moderated on any other forums before? If so, please link to them: I have been a moderator on Paws.com and others which were uprising but have become inactive.
Now the important question: Why do you want to be a moderator for CS? Since the day i found CS i have been collecting, posting and have been waiting for the day this post came. When i first came here, i didn't understand things, and yes got in a little bit of trouble. But since then i have grown to recognise what i did wrong. It has not only changed me, but allowed me to help others. I am a natural born leader, with a load of spare time. This would be so exciting, it is very exciting i can hardly type properly as i am shaking. I think i could become an asset to your CS moderating team.
Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position: I can partly understand Japanese (Not entirly good at this), have a calm matter of things and can pick up on art that has been inappropriatly used, or stolen. I am a friendly person and enjoy answering any questions given.

I hope my form is alright, even if i do not get the spot, it is wonderful to apply.

<3 ~*Oddly Shaded*~
Oddly Shaded

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Tess » Wed Mar 09, 2011 8:22 pm

sweetdragon wrote:Is there an age limit to being a newbie helper?
Delete this if it doesn't belong here.
sweetdragon
xxxxoooo

no, and this doesn't belong here
Tess
Admin

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Kag » Wed Mar 09, 2011 8:22 pm

APPLICATION
What date did you register as a CS member?: 3 April 2010
How many posts have you made in the forum (at the time of applying)?: 3533
Without posting your age, are you old enough (and willing) to risk seeing adult content when screeing posts that are waiting for moderator approval: yes, i'm an adult for a few years and i am not scared about seeing this kind od things. I know some under 18 are still childish but i am mature.
How many days a week do you usually visit CS?: I am here everyday. Sometime i can miss Sunday because i have work and Sunday is my day of rest.
How many hours per day do you usually spend on CS, on a day that you do visit?: it is always 3 hours on my computer and sometimes 1-2 hours on my phone.
Have you moderated on any other forums before?: No
Why do you want to be a moderator for CS?: I love this site and i would like to help make it clean and calm place. I am really patient, i can underestimate users who cursing or bulling me. I do not mind if i will get enemies because of what i will do. It means these userr can not understand that there are some rules and i am like a guard.
Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position?: I know polish really good. I am here only 11 months so i still remember how hard is to be a newbie. I am always trying to help new users. It is not hard for me because i am really patient. I had thread with free pets for newbies. When i get trade from newbie, i am trying to explain them what is fair trade. I am always calm because i hate quarrel.
I hope you will make a good choice :)
ImageImage

viewtopic.php?f=43&t=487917 - come and win Angel Advent
Kag

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me