Roleplay Moderators - CLOSED - now chosen

Announcements about events or changes to the website and forum

Roleplay Moderators - CLOSED - now chosen

Postby Tess » Tue Apr 05, 2011 5:56 pm

That's right, we are looking to hire another 1 or 2 people to become moderators for the roleplay boards. Applications are now CLOSED. We will soon read and select the new roleplay moderators. Please allow a week or more for us to choose and announce the successful applicants.

Please read the entire post before asking questions or applying.

Despite strict and clear rules on behavior in the roleplay boards, there is an ongoing problem with people breaking the rules and posting content which we don't want to see on CS.

We also have difficulties with the current setup of the boards in the roleplay area, and there are often suggestions to change the way the boards are divided, or add new boards.

I would like to find one or two keen, mature, experienced roleplayers who can commit some of their time to browsing through and policing the behavior in the RP boards, as well as work with me (and other staff) on changes to improve the RP experience for CS users.

The duties of a roleplay mod include (but are not limited to):
  1. Deleting, editing, or locking off-topic posts, bullying, inappropriate content, and spam from within the roleplay boards
  2. Giving careful attention to keeping romance and violence in RPs at an acceptable level and within site rules/limits, for the safety of younger users in particular.
  3. Responding to topic/post reports where players have identified a problem in the roleplay boards
  4. Dealing with art theft issues from images posted within the roleplay board
  5. Helping to sort out disputes between members and acting without bias
  6. Warning members who have broken site rules
  7. Referring members to an admin or senior moderator if their behavior warrants a ban

Because of the nature of the content you'll be hired to censor and remove, I need a mature, older (16+) member who enjoys roleplaying and has a lot of time for CS. Do NOT apply if you are under 16 years of age.

Please DO NOT APPLY if you...

...are younger than 16, or if you're older than this but feel uncomfortable dealing with excessive violence or mature romance scenes in roleplays. We are not interested in hiring anyone younger than this, because your job will involve censoring content which isn't appropriate for younger viewers. If you're younger than 16, you're in the age-group that we're most aiming to protect. I'm not going to ask for your age, because we don't ask for/share that information on CS, but if you're a member from the US then we probably already have your birthdate on record so don't lie about it.

...have previously had warnings for bullying, fighting, inappropriate roleplay behaviors, cheating, or art theft; unless these warnings were later cleared by a staff member, happened a long time ago, or were not particularly serious (e.g. forgot to credit a reference properly)

...have been a member for less than 6 months

...have made fewer than 300 forum posts

...spend less than 2 hours on CS on your average day

...have never participated in roleplays before, or have only begun roleplaying in the past month or two

...foster an everlasting hate for the CS roleplay boards (I'm not going to argue your POV, but you shouldn't apply if you hate going near the place.)

So, do you think you have got what it takes to be a roleplay moderator?

APPLICATON
  1. What date did you register as a CS member?: (if it's less than 6 months ago, do not apply)
  2. How many posts have you made in the forum (at the time of applying): (if it's less than 300, do not apply)
  3. Without posting your actual age, are you old enough to apply for this position?: (Do NOT apply if you are 15 or younger, no excuses.)
  4. How many days a week do you usually visit CS?
  5. How many hours per day do you usually spend on CS, on a day that you do visit?
  6. Have you moderated on any other forums before? If so, please link to them
  7. Have you participated in many roleplays outside of CS before? If there's any places in particular, please link to them.
  8. Have you participated in many roleplays on CS before?
  9. Why do you want to be a roleplay moderator for CS?
  10. Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position (this is not required) (for example have you run your own roleplay website before, or have you had any experience in peer mediation?)

PLEASE DO NOT POST IN THIS TOPIC UNLESS YOU ARE APPLYING, OR WANT TO ASK A QUESTION ABOUT THE JOB OR APPLICATIONS.

Posts along the lines of 'aww, I'm not old enough' or 'I hope you get hired Sally your application is really good' will be deleted.

Applicants who I know to be under 16 will have their applications deleted. If this seems unfair, just remember that you are in the age group that we are trying to protect, so hiring you to look at content that I don't want you to see would make no sense. You'll have your chance when you're older.
Click here if you need help from CS Staff or General Helpers!
Tess
Admin

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Roleplay Moderators - Now hiring! READ BEFORE POSTING

Postby Chry » Tue Apr 05, 2011 6:15 pm

APPLICATION

1. What date did you register as a CS member?: September 26th 2008.

2. How many posts have you made in the forum (at the time of applying): 4837

3. Without posting your actual age, are you old enough to apply for this position?: Yes, very much so. Early 20's :)

4. How many days a week do you usually visit CS? 7 days a week

5. How many hours per day do you usually spend on CS, on a day that you do visit? I am on my PC for 12 - 18 Hours a day, I regularly check CS all the time, and I can often spend quite a few hours on CS itself, organising my pets, reading PM's, threads, Oekaki etc. My time is extremely flexible. I can be on almost continuously. As an RP mod, going through all those topics would take a lot of time, and I have nothing but time :)

6. Have you moderated on any other forums before? If so, please link to them - Arcadia Isle is the only one worth linking too, as its the only one working xD. I did a stint on a WoW forum. But it has died. On that forum I was required to warn, and ban, unruly teenagers for inappropriate behaviour. It wasn't as active as CS, but it did rack up over 100,000 members. I am very familiar with the PHP moderator control panel, having made my own forums over the past 4 years, but which have unfortunately become in-active. . . Probably doesn't mean anything, but I was a moderator on the CS easter 2009 Chat xD

7. Have you participated in many roleplays outside of CS before? Several years ago I liked to RP quire frequently, but this was before CS. I was young, and very into fantasy role play, having tried several different methods. My favorite being 1x1 in a chat program.

8. Have you participated in many roleplays on CS before? Not many, but a couple. They died from in-activeness though, even though I tried to revive a few. My favorite being the Fat Cat RP, created by Aesse, and I once created my own RP, but it didn't go very well xD. I may not RP religiously, but I would be very dedicated to the position, and willing to go above and beyond to make the RP boards more comfortable for all members.

9. Why do you want to be a roleplay moderator for CS? I want to help out, in any way that I can. I get asked all sorts of questions as a general helper, even about the RP boards, but I never really get to help as their almost always questions that a mod would need to deal with. . . I truly believe I could be a very helpful and useful addition to the CS team, and I would do my absolute best if I was just given the chance to prove myself. I can spends hours upon hours, going through reports, threads and PM's, and I have grown up with young children around me, so I know how to deal with younger users, and how important it is to keep a site like CS, a safe environment for all its users, young or old. I've been trained in customer service, and I have been a loyal member on CS for 2 and half years, so I know the in's and out's and what is expected from a staff member and also a regular member. I may not RP actively, but I have always enjoyed it, and I love writing, as seen by my exhausting character stories lol.

Since the first time I applied to be a moderator, in early 2009, I have grown, and matured as a person, just as CS has grown and grown since then. CS has been a massive influential part of my life, and I have to do as much as I can to give back to the community, to help the next generation of CS'ians and to make life on CS, so much more enjoyable. I know how stressful it can be to have the responsibilities that a moderator would need to deal with, and I am more than capable of dealing with it, taking any negative feelings I have, off CS, then coming back, and dealing with the situation with a level head and a cheery disposition. I admire kaycee, and the work she puts in, as I admire all the staff, and I understand real life commitments can get in the way, which is why I wish to help. . .
I have virtually no commitments that would take me away from CS for more than 24 hours. I am pretty much unemployed, with the occasional casual call in, which is rare xD. My family rarely wishes me to help with things besides babysitting my much younger siblings every few months for a day or two and I would have internet access, and if I ever feel the desire to leave the house, its only for a few hours at a time. My knowledge of the moderation panel, my experience with dealing with extremely difficult customers, teenagers and young children, along with my unlimited time on CS, is what I can bring to the CS staff table. I can work well with the rest of the team, being an all round happy person, and I will do my best to get things done as fast and efficiently as possible, while also maintaining tact and confidentiality.

10. Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position (this is not required) (for example have you run your own roleplay website before, or have you had any experience in peer mediation?) Never run my own role play website, but I do have a good knowledge base on role play behaviour and etiquette, and I am very familiar with the RP rules, and also willing to help create new ones, to keep the boards as hassle free as possible, and to even help improve them. I needed a high level of customer service to pass my Pharmacy and Retail courses, so I can bring this to the position, and I am willing to work as hard as I can and to be on for as long as possible. I will try very hard to not let the staff down, and I will do my absolute best.

I have invested a lot of time and effort into CS and because of that, CS has become a very big part of me, and I want to give back. I love CS, and have done since I adopted my first pets and I will forever keep loving it until the day CS closes, or the internet dies.

I apologise for writing a novel lol :)
Last edited by Chry on Tue Apr 12, 2011 1:45 am, edited 8 times in total.
Chry

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Emma-Chan » Tue Apr 05, 2011 6:22 pm

1.What date did you register as a CS member?: (if it's less than 6 months ago, do not apply)
november 22, 2009
2.How many posts have you made in the forum (at the time of applying): (if it's less than 300, do not apply)1834
3.Without posting your actual age, are you old enough to apply for this position?: (Do NOT apply if you are 15 or younger, no excuses.)
yes
4.How many days a week do you usually visit CS?
5-7
5.How many hours per day do you usually spend on CS, on a day that you do visit?
2 1/2- 9(week) 5-12 (weekend)
6.Have you moderated on any other forums before? If so, please link to them
no
7.Have you participated in many roleplays outside of CS before? If there's any places in particular, please link to them.
nope here is the first
8.Have you participated in many roleplays on CS before?
yes
9.Why do you want to be a roleplay moderator for CS?
i would love to become a moderator because i know i could do my job well, i have a creative spirit and am full of ideas! i love to help and can follow directions well.i am always looking for new rps and read alot every day when im on.
10.Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position (this is not required) (for example have you run your own roleplay website before, or have you had any experience in peer mediation?)
i can read fast and effectivley. im good at settling disputes with people. i can work hard at a job.i do run my own rp(not on a different site, cs is the only site for me!)
Last edited by Emma-Chan on Tue Apr 05, 2011 6:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
U N D E R C O N S T R U C T I O N
FR Lair
Emma-Chan

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby anklebiters » Tue Apr 05, 2011 6:26 pm

What date did you register as a CS member?: Monday Sep 20, 2010 3:37 pm.
How many posts have you made in the forum (at the time of applying): 1636.
Without posting your actual age, are you old enough to apply for this position?: Yes, I am mature and old enough to become a Rp Mod.
How many days a week do you usually visit CS?: Everyday. (I am a little obbsessed....)
How many hours per day do you usually spend on CS, on a day that you do visit?: 5-6 on weekdays and up to 10 hours on weekends.
Have you moderated on any other forums before? If so, please link to them: No.
Have you participated in many roleplays outside of CS before? If there's any places in particular, please link to them.: Yes, I have Rped on Howrse,Foopets and Proboards. (The Stranglehold)
Have you participated in many roleplays on CS before?: Yes, lots!...
Why do you want to be a roleplay moderator for CS?: I love Rping and I have always admired ~Kaycee~ for her skills as a Mod. Oh and also I would love to become a mod of this wonderful site!
Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position: I own a few roleplays on cs and i have a few other Rp sites.

I hope I will get the job!
Last edited by anklebiters on Tue Apr 05, 2011 7:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
anklebiters

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Clowesia » Tue Apr 05, 2011 6:51 pm

/Is all over this like butter on hot pancakes./

What date did you register as a CS member?:
Sun Jan 31, 2010 11:17 pm

How many posts have you made in the forum (at the time of applying):
4603, including this one.

Without posting your actual age, are you old enough to apply for this position?:
Yes, I am. c:
..I feel so old. ;___;

How many days a week do you usually visit CS?

Seven times a week.

How many hours per day do you usually spend on CS, on a day that you do visit?
I spend most of my time on my computer, so even if I'm not active on CS, I have my hotmail open to notify me of anything. That, and I usually have CS open in another tab as well. xD I spend probably ten+ hours a day on CS. And I am even looking for employment that would be based at home, so even if I get a job I'll still be heavily active on CS. I have a great many friends in the forums and could never spurn them so easily. xD

Have you moderated on any other forums before? If so, please link to them
Sadly, I have not. Though I'm very eager to get my first Mod job. I have modded my own threads and RPs before, if that counts. x3 I also once modded a friends rp as well.

Have you participated in many roleplays outside of CS before? If there's any places in particular, please link to them.
I roleplayed on Gaia Online. That was where I started Roleplaying a little under a year ago, my rping has since flourished happily.

Have you participated in many roleplays on CS before?
Yes, I have. Not only do I participate in a plethora of Roleplays, I also create my own. I'm also heavily involved in the RP community of CS, being an active member of the Semi-Literate+ RPers Club and the owner and creator of the Creative Roleplay Creator's Club. I also created the Advertise your Group Roleplay HERE! thread so that I could help RP owners find more people to join their rp's as well as helping singular rpers find a group rp to join without having to deal with the high turnover of the forums front page. I'd love to help make more innovative decisions like this in the future to help improve CS RPing forums. c:

I am also currently helping to make a new Role Playing school to help improve singular RPers. I will be a co-owner along side Holli once it is done. I will also be a tutor, helping players enhance both their descriptiveness as well as length in their posts. We will also focus on creating Roleplays. In all of this we will be helping future CS RPers maintain the rules set down for RPs so we can stop any problem before they even start.

Why do you want to be a roleplay moderator for CS?
I have made a lot of very good friends on CS, all of them through roleplaying. So it's only natural for me to want to make RPing on CS better for all of my friends and any other person trying to enjoy themselves on CS. RP is an escape for a lot of people, it brings together people of creative minds; I want to help nurture those people as well as giving them a comfortable and safe place so that they can explore their imaginations without fear of being bullied.

I also want to help improve CS RPing, I feel it could do so much more than what it is currently doing. I want to take this position so I can bring to light some of the fantastic ideas my many rping friends have come up with. I want to be the RPing communities voice for CS so they can have their needs tended to, so that their experience here, with us, is a better one. I just want to make it a better place. c:

I want everyone to be happy and safe, I want them to have a good time.

I also have several ideas on what could be done to help improve the forums here at CS, including adding some more specific sub-forums as well as thinking over the idea of adding OOC threads. Being so heavily involved in the community of CS RPing I'm always there to listen to conversations that others are having, so I know what they need or want out of CS RPing.

Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position?
I can easily RP both Human RP as well as animal RPs ones. I can skillfully and maturely handle any situation I can come across, never letting myself or my judgment become blinded. I'm thoroughly versed in RP rules as well as common slang and behavior. I also really see this as a long lasting job for myself that I could become proud of very quickly. c:
I also help encourage others to better themselves, happily giving support to my RPing friends if they need help with ideas or just want to help improve their posting more.

I definitely think that my strong connection and involvement in and to the rp community makes me an excellent candidate for this position. By staying heavily involved with everyone, I can catch problems before they start as well as make well informed decisions to help better the forums.

I'd love to be given this opportunity to do something for CS and all of my close friends.

Last edited by Clowesia on Mon Apr 11, 2011 1:50 pm, edited 3 times in total.

You are my Senpai
    My only Senpai
    You give me dokis
    When seas are grey
    You'll never notice me
    But I still love you
    You're sugoi, kawaii desu ne~♥
Clowesia

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Oddly Shaded » Tue Apr 05, 2011 7:03 pm

1.What date did you register as a CS member?: I registered on the 31st of October in 2009
2.How many posts have you made in the forum (at the time of applying): 7075 at this current post
3.Without posting your actual age, are you old enough to apply for this position?: I am 16 in a very short while, and am happy to deal with rude language, inappropriate content and other mis-conduct on the roleplay forum.
4.How many days a week do you usually visit CS? Everyday, no excuses.
5.How many hours per day do you usually spend on CS, on a day that you do visit? I spend at least 2 hours a day on here. By then i run of topics to post on.
6.Have you moderated on any other forums before? Yes i have; Paws and run a small site (with little moderation as not many have joined) Shadow Puppets.
7.Have you participated in many roleplays outside of CS before? If there's any places in particular, please link to them. I have roleplayed on both the linked websites above.
8.Have you participated in many roleplays on CS before? I have participated in quite alot of roleplays here. Most of which haven't survived the year period in which i have been apart of this site. My own role play (birrigai) had over 300 pages before it died and i decided to give it a make-over.
9.Why do you want to be a roleplay moderator for CS? I have been waiting for a job opening here at CS for a long, long time. I am a good choose in Moderator as i have a patient and calm side when dealing with things that shouldn't be on the forums (known as of my previous jobs as moderator/site owner). I would dearly love this position as i am incredibly friendly, love joining in and have a sharp eye for art that is stolen (to be claimed as the users own). I believe that if i got this position, Tess and Nick, you would not be disappointed or upset by your decision.
10.Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position? As previously stated, i am patient, calm, excedingly friendly and would be able to spot stolen art. I am good with others, and have been roleplaying ever since i joined this site. After a few months, i was able to role play in a 'semi-lite' manner.
Oddly Shaded

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Wild Mothman » Tue Apr 05, 2011 7:26 pm

What date did you register as a CS member?: Aug 19, 2008
How many posts have you made in the forum (at the time of applying): 3459 posts
Without posting your actual age, are you old enough to apply for this position?: yes
How many days a week do you usually visit CS? 7
How many hours per day do you usually spend on CS, on a day that you do visit? at least 2, usually about 5 or 6 a day, longer on weekends though
Have you moderated on any other forums before? If so, please link to them
Have you participated in many roleplays outside of CS before? If there's any places in particular, please link to them. I've Roleplayed on a virtual pet site, Rescreatu. but not since 2009.
Have you participated in many roleplays on CS before? a fair few.
Why do you want to be a roleplay moderator for CS? I love to roleplay, and this site. been roleplaying since 2008. so i have experience.
Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position (this is not required) (for example have you run your own roleplay website before, or have you had any experience in peer mediation?)
Wild Mothman

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby blazesong » Tue Apr 05, 2011 8:06 pm

What date did you register as a CS member?:
28 Feb 2010

How many posts have you made in the forum (at the time of applying):

Without posting your actual age, are you old enough to apply for this position?:
yup i am older then that

How many days a week do you usually visit CS?
every day unless out of town(rarley happens)

How many hours per day do you usually spend on CS, on a day that you do visit?:
about 5+ (i think it may be up to 10 hours) on week days and saturdays ,sundays i am on most the time

Have you moderated on any other forums before? If so, please link to them:
both closed but the owner of one can be contacted on DA [LINK]

Have you participated in many roleplays outside of CS before? If there's any places in particular, please link to them.:
as i said 2 places both closed,one was warriors cats and i was on it for allmost 3 years befor it closed,and a wolf one allmost the same time ,both very acctive ,i do a fue one on one email rps now and on msn

Have you participated in many roleplays on CS before?:
a fue mostley wolves and horses i am in 1 acctive 1on1 pm rp, i tend to to rps via pm not since there easyer but i do look for rps i might join

Why do you want to be a roleplay moderator for CS?:
i am an acctive member and have been rping for a long time,i think i could help improve the roleplay area of CS, I have been rping for many years and i know what is acceptibul,i normaly come up with ideas for rps or thaat could help rps become better when i am off line

Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position (this is not required)
i have co-owned 2 rps owned my own modded 2, and owned a fue wich i closed cause i lost interest in them and so did the other rpers(deleted them :( ) off of CS

(sorry for no links i realy wish i could include some,the person i linked to on DA is a rper who i rp with alot)
Last edited by blazesong on Sat Apr 09, 2011 8:45 pm, edited 5 times in total.

i need a new signature

blazesong

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby LegionWolf » Tue Apr 05, 2011 8:13 pm

APPLICATION

1) What date did you register as a CS member? - October 25th, 2008, 6:13 PM
2) How many posts have you made in the forum (at the time of applying) - 1745
3) Without posting your actual age, are you old enough to apply for this position? - Yes, I am an adult.
4) How many days a week do you usually visit CS? - 7
5) How many hours per day do you usually spend on CS, on a day that you do visit? - 3-12
6) Have you moderated on any other forums before? If so, please link to them: - Yes, but sites have been taken down since then (I modded a proboards site for wolves several years ago but the roleplay died eventually, so the owner closed it)
7) Have you participated in many roleplays outside of CS before? - Yes, various forums and one on ones on neopets.com, wajas.com, neoneoroleplays.com, via aim or email, and on various proboards sites.
8) Have you participated in many roleplays on CS before? - Have started a few of my own and searched for one on ones.
9) Why do you want to be a roleplay moderator for CS? - Because people think it's okay to break the rules because they think they will not be caught. As a normal player, I don't feel it is right for me to mini-mod, and thus cannot say much to people breaking the rules. As a roleplay moderator, I can keep the forum safer for younger members and running smoothy for the enjoyment of all roleplayers. I also want to stop the fighting that happens with roleplays when members break the specific rules in another memebers roleplays and ruin it for everyone. Having had that happen before, I don't want that to happen to anyone else. It takes a lot of effort to create some roleplays and it's a shame when they go to waste due to people breaking either site rules or individual roleplay rules.
10) Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position: - I have had several of my own roleplay sites in the past, have lead forum roleplays on several websites, and currently participate in many one on one roleplays over email. I have been roleplaying for eight years and know all the terminology, what is accepted and not accepted in the roleplay community.
just yourself be if weird is you

LegionWolf

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Death of Fantasy » Tue Apr 05, 2011 8:51 pm

APPLICATON
  1. What date did you register as a CS member?: May 13th 2010
  2. How many posts have you made in the forum (at the time of applying): 1749
  3. Without posting your actual age, are you old enough to apply for this position?: Yes, I am.
  4. How many days a week do you usually visit CS? everyday
  5. How many hours per day do you usually spend on CS, on a day that you do visit? I do not really count, but longe enough
  6. Have you moderated on any other forums before? If so, please link to them Yes, eragonfans.de (nonexistent anymore)
  7. Have you participated in many roleplays outside of CS before? If there's any places in particular, please link to them. Yes.
  8. Have you participated in many roleplays on CS before? No.
  9. Why do you want to be a roleplay moderator for CS? Because I think I can handle this and I understand, that this is a quite responsible job and sometimes maybe quite stressful.
  10. Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position (this is not required) Well, does fairness count? If yes, then probably this.
Where ere thou hast been,here or in yon world manifest.
Canst thou tell what is, or what was,
or what is to come?
No thing shall last
and there are things that shall never change.
History is written in blood,
yet are battles really lost
on the battlefields?
Canst thou tell me whence thou comest
and where thou goest
and what is, or what was, or what is to come?
For everything remains as it never was.

© Eluveitie - Otherworld

Death of Fantasy

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me